[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SLEEP PARALYSIS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: sleep paralysis 7.jpg (31KB, 1020x677px) Image search: [Google]
sleep paralysis 7.jpg
31KB, 1020x677px
everyone tell us about his sleep paralysis, how often they happen,how you feel the next day,everything you could say or what ur folk think it is.
drop some hot links about them.
>>
my friend had sleep paralysis recently, he said he imagined someone talking and realized nobody stayed over so he tried to get away but couldn't move & was hearing it in the vents so he rolled off his bed and tried to scream but couldn't, then started falling through the floor and woke up. after that he didn't go to sleep for the rest of the night
>>
Sleep paralysis is simply a trance state.

Some people practice to go into a trance on purpose. But sleep paralysis is when it happens on accident.

Your trying to sleep but you wake up and your body is in a trance state.

This is basically what you have to do for Astral Projection.

When you are in the trance state your body feels heavy and wont move. Sometimes you feel a buzzing feeling.

This all happens before you can leave your body.
>>
i had a sleep parlysis last year.
i was woked up in the middle of sleep by something triying to fuck me in the ass while i was sleeping on my right side i tried to scream to punch but only my eyes could move i couldn't see anything only feel he is grabbing my back i was beyond fear i became angry minuts later i got back controle of my body and stayed awake until my parents woke up at 6 am and asked me why i am awake i told them it was nightmares they said ah its okay pray and go to sleep i slept all the afternoon after ressisting to sleep.
>>
>>18086121
>Astral Projection
give me source about people who did it.please
did you try it
>>
I recently experienced sleep paralysis.
I should note that I live on my own, in another city than my parents.

Anyway. The sleep paralyis didn't last for too long, but basically I was fully conscious, lying in my bed when suddenly I hear someone knocking on my door, followed by my dad entering the room. He just stood there for several minutes and started talking to me, while I tried to leave my bed, but unable to. Suddenly I woke up, and everything was back to normal.

Another when I was living at home, I experienced a similar thing happen. I think this was the first time I experienced sleep paralysis. I was fully conscious lying in my bed and realized I wasn't able to move my limbs, or any part of my body for that matter. Then suddenly some kind of devil-looking creature crawls up from behind my bed and onto me. This is when I started freaking out, and panicing. I recall this went on for a couple of minutes before I woke up and realized what had happened.

I've experienced similar events before, and they often include some kind of hallucination. However, I've become used to the feeling of experiencing sleep paralysis, so I feel much more safe and controlled during the "session", even though I still become paralyzed.

One more thing I've noticed is that the sleep paralysis often occurs if I wake up after a night sleep and then go to bed after 1-2 hours of being awake. I don't know if this is normal, but it feels like the probability of the paralysis happening is higher doing this.
>>
When I was a teenager there was a few weeks where I was super scared of aliens (prompted by watching The 4th Kind) and I kept having trouble sleeping because I would either have nightmares or I'd imagine aliens hiding in the shadows of my hallway.

Eventually that fear turned into frustration and one night where I was finally able to get some sleep I dreamt that I saw two grey aliens walking into my lounge room. Tired of being afraid I decided to try and tackle those fuckers and mid tackle I was frozen in place.

After that I remember waking up but being completely unable to move (couldn't even open my eyes) but grunting and swearing through my paralyzed jaw.

About 30minutes later my brother and mum woke up from all the noise I was making and when they started to shake me and talk to me I was able to snap out of it.
>>
>>18086131

I used to astral project alot when I was a kid, but when I grew up it was harder to do.

I can still get myself into a trance state but I cant consciously leave my body and fly around anymore.
>>
Literally M/WiB
>>
my friend's brothers were sleeping thogheter at the farm in the house yard in a summer night, the elder woke up and saw a old women with bad long hair trying to pull him from his leg by panicing he awakened his brother he saw him sweating heavly terrified of something his brother knew the matter (he believes its ademon) started praying and reading verses the suffring brother recall that the more he raid the harder she squeezed his neck until he started insulting her she ran and jumped the wall.
>>
>>18086157

I have the same thing, whenever i stay up for over 1.5 hours there's about a 90 percent chance i'm getting sleep paralysis. I have no idea why, I'm guessing it has to do with interfering with REM sleep
>>
>>18086121
>when it happens on accident
False, I have put myself into such a state on purpose before. It generally happens when I am trying to lucid dream, for me the paralysis is simply part of the lucid dreaming process that takes place generally right before I can actively start controlling my dreams. It feels like I am floating in the air, and if I attempt to move nothing happens. However, with enough will, you can absolutely break yourself out of such a state. For me, generally focusing on a small movement instead of trying to move all at once breaks me out, for instance: Trying to squeeze your fist, wiggle your toes, etc.
>>
>>18086535

I had just got done saying people do it on purpose and that it can happen on accident.
>>
>>18086537
Misinterpreted what you were trying to convey. Anywho, I have a lot of lucid dreaming/sleep paralysis experiences, as well as personal suggestions that work for me when it comes to such things if anyone is interested.
>>
>>18086080
Can sleep paralysis happen to you if your sleep with the blankets over your head? I've always found this position most comfortable when I sleep and I've never experienced sleep paralysis.
>>
I used to get it almost every night in highschool.
but it hasnt really happened in a long time
sometimes ill wake up in the middle of the night or right before i fall asleep and almost feel it happen but im just like "nah homie we sleepin tonight"

It would be awful, try to scream for my dad or anyone to help me. I never saw anything
but I just felt so terrified and vulnerable.
like my soul was up for grabs or something
or something was going to take advantage of me
never felt anything the day after, just that i hated that it would happen
>>
File: 1464865318774.png (309KB, 392x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464865318774.png
309KB, 392x720px
I have sleep paralysis 1-3 times every night because being a meth addict exacerbates it apparently.

What happens is my mind wakes up before my body does so I'm stuck paralyzed for 30 seconds to a minute before I can move again. Whenever I try to move I get an intense shooting pain at the top of my head like the neurons signals to my body to move are being obstructed. I can however control my breathing and move my tongue around. I learned if I breathe heavily and raise my heart rate I can wake up faster.
>>
>>18086131
OBEs aren't even considered paranormal. You can learn it.
>>
Can any anons talk about encounters with the hat man? I've had a friend say that he talked to her once, what does he sound like? What do you think he is and why does this archetype of a man in a hat seem to be experienced by many all over the world?
>>
>>18086563
That's specifically when I've experienced it.

>8th grade
>sleeping on my side with the covers over my head
>facing my bureau, with a mirror on the back
>behind me is a window
>open my eyes
>can't move
>see four silhouettes against the window through the mirror
>try to scream
>can't.
>see one figure reaching toward me
>hold my breath, paralyzed with fear
>feel the fingers against my cheek grasping the covers

Next thing I knew, I was waking up in the morning. Either I was abducted or it was sleep paralysis. Pretty fucking sure that was sleep paralysis.
>>
I get it form time to time, usually I wake up and I'm unable to move, the first thing I see whether it be a wall or furniture starts to get covered in spiders, one time I saw an oversized butterfly with yellow and blue wings
>>
File: 1466969803194.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466969803194.gif
4MB, 480x270px
I only had this happen once. When I was about 14, my grandmother passed away. Wasnt super close to her.
Heard footsteps so loud I woke up, I looked at the doorway into my room and saw my grandmother walk through it and look at me. She was cloaked in what looked like black wispy smoke.
A deep panic washed over me and i tried to scream but couldn't. It felt as though she could sense my desire to scream and it anger her and she rushed at me and violently shook me.

Then I woke up paniced and unable to sleep for the rest of the night. I asked my brother whom I shared a room with if he had seen or even felt anything that night and he said no.
>>
>>18086080
I used to get it in car rides. I sometimes get it when I sleep away from my bed. I've seen the shadow forms while unable to move. I'm a remarkable dreamer, always have been. I wake up terrified and love it. When I see them they always first wake me with the voice of someone I know. Dream threads are for novices that have a scary dream once in a while. I have them every night. As a kid it was a problem, now it's a thrilling part of my day. I'm the dream MC Hammer- can't touch this
>>
I used to have it everyday, now its about once or twice every 2 weeks.
Now its fucking with em because it usually is paralysis >dream>paralysis etc. For example ill be paralyzed think i wake up go downstairs see something fucked up be back in bed and this goes on and on.
I usually am not aware that im not really awake untill after i wake up the next day.
>>
Not sure if sleep paralysis or really awful dream.
>be me
>had been struggling with psychotic break a week or so early.
>think I was possessed or something crazy.
>don't remember if I fell asleep or what.
>all I remember is opening my eyes.
>heavy weight on me
>look down
>black humanoid figure
>4 feet tall
>begin to get scared.
>it morphs into a man, bald, green eyed, dress shirt halfway unbuttoned and dress pants.
>it hovers parallel to my body
>stare into its eyes
>realize this thing is actually me
>different form of me somehow
>it phases into me
>my vision spins
>I see myself through its eyes
>scream for help
>can't get anything out
>it stops
>able to move now
>>
>>18086563
I would assume blankets over your head is one of the worst ways to sleep. You'd get reduced oxygen for the entire night do this too many nights in a row as a kid you could end up with some pretty hefty problems concentrating and/or learning.
>>
got attacked four times by shadowpeople this year.

one fat shadowkid pulled my arm, tried to get me out of my bed.

then a lucid dream, some kid jumped on my back, i woke up into paralysis and that kid was still there.

and a fat big shadowfaggot. i was sleeping on my belly, that guy was lying on me, grunting and breathing into my eye, pushing me down with his fat arms and legs.

and another one, but i cant remember anything. i just know that there was a fourth one.
>>
>>18087336
I fucking hate it when this happens. Recently I was sleeping in my bed and heard or thought I heard a noise downstairs so I "got up to check it out" only to realise I hadn't moved like 12 times in a row. Eventually I did wake up and check it out but it was so fucking frustrating. Sometimes I was partly awake and could feel that I was paralyzed so I tried to move with all my strength or make a noise or something then I would "break free and check it out" only to realise that I was still in bed and still fucking paralyzed.
>>
File: 1470698088031.jpg (13KB, 412x266px) Image search: [Google]
1470698088031.jpg
13KB, 412x266px
>>18086080
I had this idea a while ago. You know when you have sleep paralysis you cannot move a muscle only your eyes then you start to see shadow people and stuff. You know those clapper lamps whenever you clap you turn them on/off but you cannot do that if you're paralyzed so instead of that how about use the eyes by looking at a camera to turn on the lights, i heard you can do that with Google glasses or smart contact lenses. So you can catch them and maybe take a photo. What do you think?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.