[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convincing family you're sane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471588848589.jpg (154KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
1471588848589.jpg
154KB, 960x718px
I was abducted by aliens as a child several times. As a result I have spent years researching the paranormal, focusing on aliens. I have my research on my computer, in a filing cabinet, and at an undisclosed location. However my family thinks I'm just being crazy because "aliens don't exist".

Is there any point to trying to convince them that you have proof of interstellar civilizations? They set me up an appointment to see a doctor but like fuck I'm going to listen to him. Next thing I know I'll be on some sort of God damn list.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18085739
The insistence that you're not crazy is what leads me to believe that you should probably see the doctor. That and the fact that you have 'research' at an 'undisclosed location' which suggests paranoia over some sort information you have that you seem to believe is important.
>>
>>18085739
Do they give you the fluoride stare, OP?
>>
>>18085739
No one crazy thinks that they are crazy.
Even the ones on meds who are "better"-- sure they might *say* that they know they are sick but almost all will still deny it in some form because your own perception is the only one you will ever have.
If you're having trouble holding a job or become paranoid (something that might happen one day even if you're truly sane now) see a doctor. Otherwise yea, continue your research, do everything in your power to find the truth as long as it doesn't hinder your life or the lives of others.

Personally I'm still at the state where I don't know how much of the ayylmao or occult shit that I believe. Most of the shit on /x/ is definitively bullshit but I've accepted that I won't ever know until I have a position of leverage or power.
>>
>>18085796
I'm just worried I'll lose it all. My town flooded last year and I lost my computer.
>>
>>18085739
>Is there any point to trying to convince them that you have proof of interstellar civilizations?

No. They could see a 100m interstellar spacecraft fly right in front of their faces, and they would deny it. They are terrified at the prospect. Fear trumps rationality, in their case. They would go into psychotic shock, and forget what they've seen. The only way to get them to accept the possibility is to figure out what about Earth being a primitive member of an intergalactic society threatens their concept of reality so much, and persuading them that it wouldn't be so bad *without* them thinking you're talking about ayys. Which might be impossible in your case, given your history.

In other words, you might just have to be silenced, and wait it out.

Welcome to dogmatic belief systems.
>>
>>18085739
i think you read another thread on /x/ and became inspired to make up your own bs abduction story and start a thread about it for internet attention.
>>
>>18085951
Of course you do. You're working backwards on the premise that ayys don't exist. Hence, the number of rational conclusions you can make from that assumption are limited and predictable. Basically:

- OP is lying
- OP is telling the truth but making a mistake

You could never consider the possibility:

- OP is being honest, and making no mistake

because you've already made a promise to yourself not to believe that possibility.

Logic. Fun stuff.
>>
>>18085739
Plot twist: OP is a pathological liar for attention and his family has good reason not to trust him.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.