[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spookiest State

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 28

File: us.jpg (336KB, 1600x1121px) Image search: [Google]
us.jpg
336KB, 1600x1121px
Time for a USA thread

Which state of the united states is the scariest?

Stories welcome

I hear Indiana has these weird booms every month and government testing/bases, pretty spooky.
>>
yo west virginia has these whack ass dudes who live up in the mountains and havent interacted with civilization. if you go on their property they shoot at you and thats pretty sketchy
>>
I remember someone had a map of which is spookiest but I don't have it

I'm going with Oregon there's bigfoot as an example
>>
People are too obsessed with roleplay threads to talk about something relevant
>>
I'm from Texas, and I can confidently say the scariest state is New Mexico. Our creepy neighbor.
>>
Michigan is pretty creepy.
>>
I've heard that New Orleans is the most haunted city in America. Not sure about the rest of Louisiana. I've also heard that Ohio has a lot of hauntings.
>>
>>18082601
It's bretty haunted. I live on canal street near all of the cemeteries. Spoops happen a lot
>>
>>18082485
IL east st louis.
>>
Many Lovecraft stories are set in rural New England for a reason.
>>
>>18082570
>>18082592
Why

>>18082639
You know the reason?
>>
>>18082613

Lol. Mid city represent. I smoke DMT in the cemetaries and talk to spirits. Shits so cash
>>
>>18082723

Also. I drew an ouija board on the ground and fucked a witch in one of them. Shit was also cash
>>
>>18082723

Also. I drew an ouija board on the ground and fucked a witch in one of them. Shit was also cash
>>
>>18082691
Because it's the most boring, depressing place on the planet.
>>
>>18082774
This
>>
>>18082570
I am from California and I disagree, our neighbor Nevada is more creepy. NM and AZ are pretty high up there though
>>
I've been to every state in the U.S.
My opinion is
#1 NM. I see weird things going through there. Weird ass lights. Weird images. Can't shake it.
#2 I say Texas but really just parts of Texas. Feels like fucking goblins or something fucking around.
#3 AZ or AL. Just.... Spooky.
Sorry to contribute Fuck all.
>>
File: 1454207413953.png (58KB, 369x317px) Image search: [Google]
1454207413953.png
58KB, 369x317px
>>18083759
I live on our border with nevada and i agree, on ourside of the meaningless line is grazing land for sheep and cattle and some horse ranches. On their side civilization seems to have gone right out of existence at a time even when your traveling down major highways. Like, i was visiting this place called wendel where it looks like fucking "the hills have eyes country." nothing but rocky cliffs and random shit stacked on top of one another in the middle of nowhere. Its not even like rocks, or tires, but fucking towers of bathtubs stacked 10 high in places where you dont see a single building for 40 miles on a stretch of road.
>>
>>18082723
Bruh. What part of Mid city? I've been living here for years haha.
>>
PA. Especially those back roads, and that church on the hill
>>
West goddam Virginia. Well documented as being THE center of cryptids, ghosts, ghouls, you fucking name it.

Mothman, Flatwoods, God knows what else.
>>
>>18082601
Can confirm Louisiana for most /x/ state.
>>
>>18083870
What do you mean by weird images?
>>
>>18084118
katy's church? You been there?
>>
>>18082496
>I remember someone had a map of which is spookiest but I don't have it
Can some post this?
>>
Lived in WA, CA and VA. As far as I'm concerned, Virginia is the most haunted god damn state I've ever seen.
>>
>>18083759
Nevada here, I disagree desu, shits all sagebrush and dirt, no real spoops, maybe one or two historical tourist traps that are supposedly haunted. Maybe meme 51, but thats only one small part of the entire state.
Unless you consider bleak emptiness spooky like >>18083891
>>
>>18084118
gettysburg i saw a spoop there when i was younger
>>
>>18082485
Southern Indiana here. Only thing like that I know of about the booms would be coal mines, power plants and the like, or just from them testing/running drills at Crane Naval base. As far as experimental stuff, Idk, I've never heard or seen anything odd.
>>
>>18084148
My nigga. Transplanted Roanoke Faggot here, where were you at?
>>
>>18082620
Why cause all the spooks that live there
>>
the true answer is obviously connecticut
next is the rest of new england
>>
File: foggy winter at home.jpg (318KB, 1486x811px) Image search: [Google]
foggy winter at home.jpg
318KB, 1486x811px
West Virginia reporting in, everything about this place is spooky. Even just going out to my backyard is creepy as fuck at night. Something about this place just is made for creep. Even the people are scary if you aren't form here, or even if you are. The in closed hills deep in the valley hide away any secrets that lie here and the tall trees guard every possible escape. Creeks and rivers like fences not allowing you to set yourself free.

I live next to a creek that can sort of be seen in that picture. When I was a smoker I used to smoke out back on the porch which over looked everything. One night I swear I could hear, clear as day, the sound of a woman humming and the apparition of a faint white light going along the bank. I quit smoking after that. Maybe I'm just a schizo, who knows. Maybe some poor woman drowned.

A lot of horror movies are based here and we have our very own Mothman. We have a lot of weird murders here as well, which makes sense with the kind of people you find. Something about this place, almost as if it completely sucks your soul out. Maybe its something in the water, maybe its the education. I can almost imagine all the unsolved killings around here or the ones that were never found. Its takes forever to get to some of the back hills, can only imagine the fucked up shit that goes on back there. Run down homes that people somehow still live in covered in the thick foliage, one wrong turn and you can be in some maniacs back yard with zero chance of rescue. I know there was also some story about some guy that raped a shit load of women that was based here. like hundreds of women.

We have multiple lunatic asylums deemed hunter sites and two, not one but two, amusement parks legit built on Indian burial grounds(Shawnee and Camden park). The Greenbrier ghost is probably one of my favorite stories out of this state.

tl;dr wv is basically silent hill
>>
>>18084346
I think the radio quiet zone in west virginia is pretty damn creepy myself
>>
Tbh senpai from all the tv shows i saw i think louisiana is spoopiest
>>
From northern Wisconsin. It's definitely creepy. Many serial killers are from the state, and out in the rural areas there are some nut cases.

I feel like this state breeds insane people. The isolation in the rural areas mixed with the atmosphere seems to make people do bizarre things. That girl who killed her friend for slenderman, that happened in Wisconsin. I went hiking in the forest that she was trying to escape to. It's called "Nicolet National Forest", and it is SPOOKY AS FUCK. Many weirdos, and just a really hopeless creepy atmosphere. Beautiful too.

Runner up might be New Mexico. Place is like a gorgeous baron wasteland where anything could happen.

From reading this thread, I wanna check out West Virginia now. I've been reading about the Dolly Sudds Wilderness area. Looks sick.
>>
Mass has its spooky parts like the bridgewater triangle
>>
Kansas is supposedly the most haunted state in the union, pretty much every town has a ghost story or two. The most famous sites are Abilene and Stull. Abilene, besides being President Eisenhower's hometown, has a number of supposedly haunted houses and businesses. Usually people report phantom footsteps, moved objects, and hearing voices when they're alone in their houses. There's also some UFO activity around there.

Stull is a small town that supposedly harbored the gateway to hell in the old stone church. There are all sorts of stories about it, they knocked the church down in 2005 because drunken teenagers kept sneaking in looking for the hellgate and getting hurt, the graveyard is still there and it's fenced off. The people there really don't like the legend, I drove through there once to take a look and as soon as I parked down the street I had someone approach me and tell me they'd call the cops if I went into the cemetery.
>>
>>18084245
Can confirm
>>
Can confirm NM is the spookiest state. My grandma lives in the mountains of northern NM in Taos County. She lives in this small creepy village called Questa, a place where I feel an energy hanging over the entire place.

I've got plenty of stories. Whether it's the old Spanish folklore, Cowboy/Western spooks, Native American shit, anything.
There's also a fuckton of drugs everywhere in the state and a lot of murder too.
>>
>>18084390
>the dead heart of wisconsin
>>
>>18084422
I live in SoCal btw
>>
>>18084200

I can vouch for mine noise too, living near an active one and several closed ones. Shit makes a lot of weird noise during otherwise quiet nights.

Many smaller towns also don't have the best infrastructure, and/or have various animal farms too close to population, leading to weird smells that can carry quite a distance under the right conditions. I can imagine people mistaking that for chemical experiments.

I wish they sprayed more chemicals here. Fuckers haven't sprayed for mosquitoes in years, and the population this year is intolerably bad with all the heat and humidity.

"spookiest" thing I can think of is when fog rolls in on lower lying areas. Logically, I don't have any reason to be concerned about it, but I don't like to be outside at night when it happens. It just makes everything feel Off as fuck, and trips all my silent alarms.
>>
>>18084408
I did a road trip and drove through Kansas backroads for a few hours.

My mind was absolutely blown. I couldn't believe it. I never imagined a state could be so flat, desolate, and empty. I almost got anxiety just driving through it, because it was so...empty. Like a really basic 1990's platform computer game or something.

When you would finally hit a town, it would be a piece of shit town with like two streets and a bunch of weirdos. Place freaked me out.

Kinda cool though, I wanna go back.
>>
>>18084424
>dead heart

You mean because the economy is tanked?

>>18084422
Been to that area before. It's creepy as fuck at night. I went hiking at 1 A.M. and went exploring in a ghost town with a flash light. Creepy as fuck. I actually want to move there because it's so creepy and fun.
>>
>>18084428
I love when that happens. It's awesome to watch. Only "Paranormal" thing I've really came across was a cougar in the Wabash river bottoms. But there's old tales of them being around this area and hearing their calls/screams way back in the 1700's/1800's.
>>
>>18084148
How is Virginia haunted? My cousin lives there. Where should he go for a spoop?
>>
>>18084200
>>18084462
Where in Indiana? Floyd County, here. The Knobs get spooky at night during fall.
>>
Arizona.

Tons of small, creepy desert towns. Military bases, huge mountain ranges, abandoned pueblos...

The Black Hills would be second on my list.
>>
>>18082691
>Why
Indian Burial Grounds, Ghost Towns, other shit
>>
>>18085105
>black hills

Holy shit. I got lost driving through there a few years ago. It was fine until the sun went down...Then it got REALLY creepy. Felt like I was in the blair witch project or something
>>
>>18084231
yes, they will kill you or at least do some shit if you arent black.
>>
I live in New Mexico and love creepy shit. Any questions for me?
>>
>>18085258
Where do you live?
>>
Can anyone recommend some spooky hiking spots near Bluefield, West Virginia?
I live in VA, but have family over there.
We have some creepy spots here as well.
>>
>>18082613
representative of 318 here. ratchet city/shreveport. barksdale AFB can be real real sketchy at nighttime
>>
Estes park Colorado is one of the creepiest towns to roam at night. Especially with the Stanley.
>>
>>18082485
>I hear Indiana has these weird booms every month and government testing/bases, pretty spooky.
Nah mate thats just the Netflix show.
>>
>>18084425
You ever been to ojai in SoCal? I grew up there, seen many a ghost and lots of witch covens as well
>>
Anyone ever get spooked in Oklahoma?
>>
I've lived in 6 states in my life and after all that this is what i can say:
Fuck Alaska
Fuck Washington

Washington has some of the scariest forest/parks I've ever visited just because of the eeriness and vibe of them. Not to mention it seems like every other large city is crawling with haunted buildings, shady people, and thick forests.

I only lived in Alaska for a short time but the whole state gave me weird feelings, I doubt I'll ever visit--let alone live there--ever again.
>>
>>18082485
Albany is pretty spooky. There's alot of haunted places and demon possesions going here. The Ten Broeck mansion has alot of paranormal activity going. As for other places I guess Oregon is close second.
>>
We've starting having those weird booms in PA that OP mentioned ever since they started fracking here. Not paranormal, but it is really unnerving.

Also, we have fairly frequent reports of UFOs, but I'm pretty sure that's just hillbillys getting drunk and seeing fireflies off in the distance.

Seriously, a drunk redneck called 911 a few years back because he thought he saw an invasion of UFOs and it just turned out to be fireflies gathering high up in the trees.
>>
Mississippi because you can sell your soul to Satan there.
>>
Louisiana. They got that rou garou.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
Also Mississippi because black people. You can't see them at night and they take your stuff.
>>
File: 20160524_213326.jpg (180KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20160524_213326.jpg
180KB, 1024x576px
>>18082485
NM BOLIZE OFFICER here, this state is snoopy
>>
>>18085927
I have man. I currently live in Murrieta in southwest Riverside County. There's some spooks here but they're all mainly related to Cowboy/American Settler and Native American conflicts.
>>
>>18084422
lol Fuck, I worked at the Walmart in Taos during training, and once drove from Alamosa to Taos, can confirm that place is fucking snoopy. I am from northern nm tho.
>>
florida because its a swamp dick filled with drug addict jungle people
>>
>>18086819
also realistically the whole place is founded on death slavery rape stolen land and drug feuds. Especially my part of town, they say the entire area was once Native holy grounds/cemetery and the whites came in and just slaughtered the folks and built upon in turning into (eventually) a meth fueled trailer park miles wide filled with snitching killing and thieving to the point tthe cops dont come unless called for some serious sshit.
>>
Kentucky is kinda spooky. Lots of supposed alien encounters, fucktons of old abandoned houses, confederate graveyards, etc.
>>
>>18086830
Muh land, but really there isn't such a thing as haunted ground.
From >>18086790
>>
Maine.

Almost every one of the spoopiest greentexts I've read took place there.

Florida is creepy just because the people there are bananas.
>>
ITT: people who have never been to Alaska
>>
The Braska
>>
>no love for New Jersey

The Jersey Devil is the most obvious highlight of spookiness, but also remember that the man-eater shark that directly inspired Jaws killed and ate its victims off the shores of New Jersey.
>>
>>18084126
>Cryptids
So... just rural West Virginians? This actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>18082485
Northern Indiana here. Yeah it's pretty spooky. We have Dogface bridge, a creepy ass graveyard that even if it 90 degrees out is always sub freezing at night but plants don't seem effected. Also there is an old ass abandoned cult village or some shit around here. Apparently demonic who knows.
>>
Detroit, Michigan definitely has the most spooks...
>>
>>18087066
I get it. But I thought Flint has more.
>>
Just from visiting distant relatives in West Virginia, I can confirm that it's creepy as shit just to be there. I didn't even know about most of the things posted in this thread, but with all the coal mines are kind of creepy, and the rural areas just seem like places where some really fucked up shit could and probably does happen.

Also, I was told stories of an old race of people called the moon-eyes who lived in the mountains. Natives told stories of white men throughout the Appalachians who had night vision and mostly came out at night. I think I recall being told they were really tall as well, like giants.
>>
>>18083759
This. Definitely Nevada.
Lots of fear and loathing in Las Vegas.
>>
>>18085072
Knox county. Isn't Floyd somewhere in Hoosier national?
>>
>>18086852
We need a fucking MaineGuy thread again. Dave or wherever his name is. I wonder how he's been
>>
>>18086522
True but if you go to Georgia you can wager it in a fiddle contest.
>>
File: 1461555673387.gif (289KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1461555673387.gif
289KB, 177x177px
>>18083870
>feels like fucking goblins or something fucking around
this is a satire
>>
>>18087173
Nope. We're right across the river from Louisville. And Knox, eh? My grandparents live in Vincennes.
>>
>>18082485
Northern Indiana here.
Only real truly odd supernatural/experience I've had was in school, but then again I've never really explored any spoopy places.

I was showing the principal the App called Ghost Radar when suddenly a red dot (strongest signal) appeared and the App said "Africa".
Right where the dot was pointing was a bunch of posters and stuff my teacher had on Africa, the principal saw it too.

>>18087058
>cult village
Where? Got a name?
>>
Lots of Hoosiers in here. I guess it's spoopy.
>>
>>18083893

I live of Canal by the Shell. Spoopy
>>
>>18086842
got any more Kentucky stories? i used to go caving there, could believe that it's pretty spoopy.

TNfag here, can be pretty spooky as well. lots of places where wilderness encroaches on city life; i >>18086842
think this generates some weirdness. especially East Tennessee
>>
>>18088072
sorry for double quoting.

to make up here's a ghost story. hanging out with friends in berry highland memorial cemetery at night (Knoxville TN). anyways we are just chilling on a hill; late October, cold, perfect setting. we see a light bobbing in the distance. think it's cops at first but then hear cloppity clops of a horse and a creaking lantern sound. we run away. the figure itself was obscured by fog but the light was clear. not particularly threatening but cool that we all corroborated on the horse sound, which would have been unusual for some kind of modern night guard.
>>
>>18088083
Funny, I'm fron knoxville right now, there is a certain malaise that plagues this whole city. Just has a completely different energy from anywhere else on Earth, like Knoxvillians live in some kind of weird bubble.
>>
>>18088084
hmm right when i first moved here i had that immediate impression as well. like once you move here you're not moving out. i've come to love it though so it's not so bad. there are more government buildings here than in Nashville which is odd. a humbum man once told me how the city is run by Masonic Satanists; he was also snorting midol and talking about how his cat went to jail. idk man it's certainly weird, enjoy your stay at least. the music scene is good.
>>
>>18088096
I was born here, I plan to leave because of how weird it is, but at the same time, all the other cities seem weird because I've gotten used to it.

Like the other cities people seem so self-serious or something? Like people in other cities kinda seem to be out of a movie
>>
File: bookcover.jpg (29KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
bookcover.jpg
29KB, 325x500px
>>18087040
That picture of the Jersey Devil terrified me when I was a kid. It was in this book that I used to rent from my school library all the time. The book was the beginning point of my interest in the paranormal.
>>
File: Scouts Stories.png (652KB, 3840x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Scouts Stories.png
652KB, 3840x1820px
>>18086123
>>
>>18083870
I live in Alabama. I admit we can creep people out, but what is your personal experience here?
>>
Driving out west, we tried to stay on Route 66 as much as possible. The dead towns are spooky as fuck. Trying to follow the Route into New Mexico through Glenrio the pavement just fucking ends. The only people were a family of young Mexicans collecting tires.

The Navajo Nation is spooky in its own way. Verizon, which covered pretty much all of the US, suddenly thought I was in another country, and in a way I was. Lots of poverty, general hopelessness, and thats before you start thinking about burial grounds and skinwalkers and shit. But it is pretty country to an easterner like me.

My introduction to SoCal spooked me good. Stayed with a hippie bro near Joshua Tree to watch a meteor shower but he live in the ass end of nowhere and I nearly wound up on a military base. Townsfolk were more redneck than actual rednecks. We got a good view of the sky and drones flying around, and the dude said he"s seen lots of stuff in the sky he couldn't explain. According to him the base had its own Little Fallujah for training. The Mojave is basically the closest you'll get to Iraq in the USA.
>>
>>18088496
The Navajo land is fuckin spooky. I'm not sure how to explain it but you do get that feeling of dread and hopelessness. Never felt that anywhere else.
>>
>>18087861
I'm sorry to hear that.... Lol
>>
>>18089240
Vermillion county here. lotta weird noises and shit coming out of the woods at night.
>>
>>18086790
Got any cool stories, Navajo-Cop-Bro? As an officer you must've seen some weird stuff being you're first-on-scene.

In fact, any officers/EMT/firefighters from spoopy places got any stories from around the states?
>>
>>18082489
We got lost in West Virginia years ago after camping and we couldn't find a gas station. So we finally find a ghost looking town with a gas station out of the 60's and they guy was dirty head to toe. Guy comes out and stares at us like we had 3 heads, I'm surprised that they actually had gas.
>>
>>18087040
JAWS was based off a shark that came inland and attacked people, not along the beach.
>>
>>18087040
Figures a Jorsey monster would be wearing crocs
>>
I'm from Louisiana. It's not spooky here. Cemeteries and woods? Every state has that. Haunted houses? Tourist attractions.
>>
>>18082601
Can confirm Shreveport, New Orleans, and Mansfield 3scary5me.
>>
>>18082485
Pretzelreich

Seriously. Gettysburg.
>>
California has spooky rent prices and cost of living.

But really, I would never move to Colorado ever. A lot of America's shocking tragedies happen there, so I'm convinced something there makes people lose their minds.
>>
>>18083759
Nevada is unsettling to me. It feels gray, even when the sun is out. It's always smokey. And I feel like I'm looking at the living dead sometimes. People dragging their feet to the nearest slot machine. Why are there fucking slot machines in grocery stores, by the way?
>>
I've only ever lived in Alabama, Florida, and Texas.

I'd say Texas is the most haunted, but only east Texas. (Have been/lived in every part of Texas except the panhandle and west Texas.)
Idk man there's something ridiculously fucking spooky about certain areas of east texas. Like you just get this feeling of intense dread and malaise just being there. Like it may not even look like it's that scary, but it's way different actually being there.
I never want to go back.

Also I will never go to NM unless it's to visit heavily populated areas. Fuck that.
>>
>>18086852
I'm afraid of Florida because of tropical storms, gators, and people who do bath salts and wanna eat my face.
Also when I think of Miami, I think of scam artists.
>>
NJ has the pine barrens where all kinds of satanic shit takes place, tons of abandoned mental facilities where I used to live (essex county, ghost adventures did an episode on one of them) and abandoned animal testing labs. When the govt shut down the labs, the administrators just let the animals go in the barrens so its full of animals that shouldn't be there. I.e. the jersey devil is probably monkies.
>>
>>18090702
Samefag here, my at the time gf once told her and her friends were driving through the pine barrens once and she encountered some church of satan occultists doing a ritual, who were very pleasant and nice
>>
>>18083759
From Nevada, currently living in CA.
Neither state is that creepy.
>>
I'm from KY. I'll let you know if Waverly Hills is as spooky as they say. I've got tickets to an overnight stay. It's supposedly one of the most haunted places in the US so we'll see. One of my friends lives on a graveyard and they found a group of people in robes in the middle of night. They left behind a box with human bones and some artifacts so now you get shot on sight if you trespass after hours.

Also I've lived in two haunted houses, my mom grew up in one... in general most people I come across have at least one experience. Some UFO sightings time to time
>>
>>18084346
tell us moar pls
>>
>>18082489
I live in west virginia and i can confirm this, theres this haunted meth lab just 15 minutes from my house, also theres this trailer trash guy that buried his wife in his backyard.
>>
Maine, especially in the backwoods.
>>
>>18082570
I just came in to say that. I'm from NM but don't live there anymore.
>>
>>18091064
>Haunted Meth Lab
God Bless America
>>
>>18087040
>skipping leg day
>>
>>18085258
>says ama
>someone asks question
>doesn't respond

Kek
>>
AZ is pretty spoopy, I live in Phoenix and it's fine there and in the suburbs but go even just a couple miles north or south and shit gets weird

Even in the cities there's some bizarre shit, especially along the salt river
>>
>>18090516
It's just the altitude, they'll adjust to it eventually.
>>
>>18082485

>Spring MN, Still snow on ground. sometime in the 80s
>Woods in back yard
>Kid goes back into woods with 2 cousins to play like they always do
>Got an Ouija board for christmas and decided to play with it
>starts hearing rustling
>raccoon? bird?
>Kids see man in santa costume standing 10 feet away
>face darkened out, gray straggly beard, dirty costume (hobo?)
>Man starts spewing slurs and swearing
>"You fucking little faggot, you're going to get it"
>"Take it in the ass you little faggot"
>Kids are terrified and run home as fast as they can
>Dad searches the woods, find nothing
>kid never plays in the woods again
>3-4 years later kid is grabbed while walking home from school
>He is dragged back into some woods and raped
>kid has to go through therapy the rest of his life
>>
>>18089771
You must have never been in a swamp at night....
>>
>>18082723
>>18082725
>>18082764
>shit was so cash bruuuhhhh
kys fuckboy faggot
>>
>>18094170
>kys
Fuck off back to twitter you stupid nigger.
>>
>>18083870
>goblins

nah man those are just oaxacans, they spook me too.
>>
File: OrigCash.jpg (42KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
OrigCash.jpg
42KB, 242x251px
>>18094170
>hit me up sometime, I'm pretty much perfect
>>
>>18084407
You want a real spook in MA? Go down to the cape during Fall or early Spring. Entire fucking towns are basically abandoned for the season and there's something incredibly unnerving about driving down a narrow road and not seeing a single light/streetlight/car for miles.
>>
File: sdfg.png (65KB, 473x290px) Image search: [Google]
sdfg.png
65KB, 473x290px
Utah fag here, the mentally ill mormons and the like are pretty scary.

But not like Area 52, UTTR- Dugway Range.

Supposedly a chemical weapons testing facility or some shit, good friend of mine says weird shit happens at night in the surrounding area, and that he's found ungodly mutilated animals there.

I would go there myself, but I'm a pussy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8-TX3sv8pY
>>
File: 354.jpg (36KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
36KB, 680x684px
>>18090523
>fucking slot machines in grocery stores
Reno anon here, there are few things more depressing than walking into a 7/11, for a slurpee and big bite of course, to find welfare trash blowing your wagecuck taxes at 1pm on a Tuesday only stepping out for a quick smoke.

>It feels gray.
Only near casinos and druggie neighborhoods really, t b h I enjoy living here.
>>
File: Joshua_Tree_fog_pano-M[1].jpg (43KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_Tree_fog_pano-M[1].jpg
43KB, 600x300px
Living in Ca now, lived in both Ga and Co so not all over but I've driven through a lot. West Coast is spookier than East Coast to be sure. I have no idea why since East Coast is a hella lot older, but west coast towns tend to have more legends/bad histories. It seems like every town has something too, either legends (unfounded but still) of satanic cults offering up children, or tunnels under the city the Chinese used to use. Colorado and Georgia were both pretty tame when it comes to urban legends. Also Mojave has a pretty sick atmosphere. Flat land with hills jaunting up sharply like some sort of cartoon background, and dry lake beds.

Ghost tales aside, spooky places to drive through include Kansas and Utah. Kansas because you can find places where there's no people for miles, and no gas stations, there ones there are there on those lonely stretches are automated. Car broke down there once and I'm really glad I fixed it. There's nothing but fields, and no trees, so sound doesn't bounce back. It's an odd feeling. Utah's canyons are pretty huge, and made me feel pretty damn small.
>>
>>18094270
Vegas bars are some of the greatest in the US for going in alone and making conversation. People are "interesting".
>>
>>18094244
A lot of heroin there too
>Spooky
>>
>>18094244
To add to the creepy factor, a juvenile hall is the only part still operational on the area. About 40 buildings, all abandoned with big numbers on them. You can drive around the area without tresspeassing too, I believe its a public road.

West borough, MA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westborough_State_Hospital
>>
>>18087180
You mean Maine taxi driver?
>>
>>18082485
Does South FL have any spooky shit?
>>
NC checking in here, lots of spoopy stories and legends from my state. Im not going to name them, but heres a link for anyone intersted.

http://www.northcarolinaghosts.com
>>
South Carolina. There have been a lot of clown sighting lately.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/31/us/creepy-clown-sightings-in-south-carolina-cause-a-frenzy.html
>>
>>18094671
And really good bbq. Not spooky but true.
>>
File: 1367886152948.gif (1MB, 530x297px) Image search: [Google]
1367886152948.gif
1MB, 530x297px
>>18094218
>>
>>18082485
South Carolina here, saw some ghosts with triangle hats lighting a cross on fire.
>>
File: Oh you.png (194KB, 474x400px) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.png
194KB, 474x400px
>>18094876
>>
>>18087167
Is that movie
>>
Indiana here. Can confirm booms. Not super often, but weird sounds all the time.

I don't know about any legends or large-scale spoops but I've had at least 3 or 4 situations in residences where I had no logical explanation for what happened.
>>
>>18087180
I'm a Maine Guy.
Biddeford / Sack Island is pretty creepy minus all the junkies.
>>
New Mexico and Nevada are creepy because the towns are so small and far apart. I remember being on a road trip headed to California and I had to pass through Nevada and needed some gas but there was literally nothing until I got to Reno.

California is known for serial killers that don't get caught and mysterious deaths and strange disappearances. The entire middle of California is agricultural so there are lots of orchards and canals easily utilized for nefarious purposes.

East coast from Virginia up to Massachusetts is scary because there are a lot of old houses and buildings with eerie history to them.
>>
Arkansas reporting. Pleanty of weird shit around the Fort. It's where judge parker himself had his fun with the gallows. Pleanty of weird shit out on the woods too.
>>
>>18082691
He spent most of his time in Rhode Island and New York, but his grandpa would tell him occult stories about New England when he was growing up.
>>
>>18082639
And not just lovecraft's stories, some horror books for kids are about haunted antique british castles
>>
scariest or spookiest? florida = scariest. colorado = spookiest.
>>
>>18095463
>Florida .
Thats America's Wang
>>
>>18082485
Puerto Rico is a protectorate, close enough. But PR has some spooky shit going on; folk magic, UFO/USOs, secret blackproject stuff going with underground/water military operations.
>>
Is there any spooky shit about Nebraska?
>>
>>18085773
As a Hoosier I can vouch, that show is pretty accurate to Indiana's vibe.
>>
>>18088372
What the fuck. Any follow up?
>>
Idaho is the scariest place that you have never given a shit about.

First off, there is about 1.5 Million people in a land mass thats about half the square millage of California. That's not a lot of fucking people. About 90% of the state is wilderness, you could easily hide a body here and its doubtful anyone would come across it anytime soon if you went deep enough.

Few things of the top off the top of my head: there are at least 2 military caches in the state according to my aunt who works for the forest service, she had to visit one while enlisted and has since been back for some reason while being in the forest service. She says since WW II the US has hidden caches of arms in the state to be used in a guerrilla warfare campaign if we were ever invaded.

Speaking of which, the INL is a laboratory federally funded and where the first nuclear power was ever generated to power a city. They keep that shit under lock and key, and there are UFO sightings all the time. My home town was about 50 miles away from this place, and a wave of silent, hovering triangle UFO's happened a few years back. Most of the time, people would describe them heading from the west, same direction as the INL site. My own UFO siting which got me interested in the paranormal was part of this flap, and of course it was heading from the west, passed over head silently and low, and went east towards Wyoming.

Further on the INL, someone close to me that was former air force was driving home through the desert after a trip to the western half of the state. For reference, state highway 33 runs parallel with the southern border of the INL site, for many miles. It's eerie out there, no towns for 30 miles and nothing but sage brush. He came across this scene that was totally lit up by flood lights when he was right on the border of the INL site. He lost a half hour of time, and he only talked to me about this once. I trust his judgment.

Continued in part 2.
>>
The border with canada is pretty scary, so anything north
>>
>>18082485
The Warrens claimed that Connecticut is the most haunted state in the USA. not sure how true that is but it certainly has the reputation for being haunted.
>>
>>18095819
Continuing from that UFO incident, I became quite the explorer of the paranormal through my late teens. Naturally, I segued into ghost hunting eventually. I've spent a lot of time hunting for ghosts and I can tell you that some places are genuinely haunted, some are bullshit, and there are many places that are haunted that you would never expect around Idaho.

But there is one place I will never go alone, and I doubt I would go period.

Little Butte cemetery is a place not to be fucked with. Typically, cemeteries are places that are pretty peaceful and most stories of hauntings there are horse shit. This place is the exception. It is filled with spirits, mostly mundane, probably people that passed that are lost. I know that there are children spirits there, or at least something that is very good a mimicking a child.

But there is one spirit there that is particularly frighting. He appears as a well built, vaguely hooded, almost 7 foot shadow figure. Unfortunately, my fellow ghost hunter friends and I attracted this thing for a few months. I think it could be a guardian spirit but most likely I think its a demon that fed on fear. It followed us for a while, we'd see it standing on street corners and buildings for months. After a while, I think we stopped giving it what it wanted and I haven't seen it in over 8 years now thank Christ. Many people have gone to this place to investigate since then, I like to feel that I turned into an urban legend of sorts. That thing has become something of a legend.

There's many other hauntings through the state, not all I've checked out. Boise's Egyptian theater is extremely haunted, as is the State Penitentiary. Near Preston, there was an Indian massacre near the turn of the century and now on the site you can hear crying and sometimes see apparitions.

I could go on, but suffice to say that nearly every town has that "place" or story. Sometimes multiple ones.

Next up, Satanic Rituals and more.
>>
Most reported paranormal activity happens in Florida I believe.
>>
>>18086123
There are a few spoops in OK. Parallel forest is gnarly as fuck at night. Guthrie is spoop because abandoned hospital (maybe its a school? Been a long time since I've been)/Klan. Moore used to have a really creepy house off fourth near the woods before they destroyed everything and turned it into a neighborhood.
>>
>>18084359
Why
>>
>>18087040
>
Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>18085927
I love ojai! gimme some spooks about it
>>
PA reporting in.
We definitley have some spoops here. Creepy back roads, haunted houses/cemeteries/turn pikes. But Im going to have to back WV on this one. Ive seen some seriously disturbing shit in the backwoods and back roads there. I also have a number of friends that have seen weird stuff in that state. Everything from devil cults and rituals to cryptids, one of which was supposedly a dog-man or werewolf, to creepy little towns with strange cops and sheriffs. not to mention all the people who just mysteriously vanish in WV
>>
>>18082485
The 13 original colonies are gonna be the spookiest states in the country by far.
>>
File: Jolo.jpg (27KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
Jolo.jpg
27KB, 500x341px
WV here

It's this place. The deeper you go into the more rural/backwoods areas the spookier it gets.

>>18084346
>Something about this place, almost as if it completely sucks your soul out.

This is absolutely correct. I've lived here the majority of my life and there's just an aura of bleak misery that permeates throughout some areas within the state.
>>
File: McDowell.jpg (272KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
McDowell.jpg
272KB, 900x600px
>>18099144
Another example
>>
>>18095819
>>18095936
Please continue with the satanic rituals.
>>
>>18086843
Of course a cop would say something so stupid.
>>
File: Trogdor-the-Burninator.jpg (30KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
Trogdor-the-Burninator.jpg
30KB, 370x370px
>>18087040
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 275x183px
NEVADA, maybe because of all the meth I took, but holy shit I got the craziest vibes out there. Felt like alien genocide took place, I was fucking terrified at the vibes of some of these towns, one town in particular called Beatty Nevada, My friend said shadow people were all around us, felt terrifieng there, such a sense of fear, just by looking at the picture you can tell this place is fucking haunted
>>
>>18091816
I'm pretty sure this is the plotline to one of those '80's christmas horror movies like Silent Night, Deadly Night, kek try again fuckboy
>>
>>18095558
You mean up in the Yunque? That place seems like it would be really creepy at night
>>
I have to say Georgia. I've had several spoopy experiences in a couple different cities but mostly in savannah.
>>
File: homepage-featured-slide-3.jpg (308KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
homepage-featured-slide-3.jpg
308KB, 1600x800px
Adirondacks, NY

Beautiful area, but spoopy as fuck at night and during the winter.
>>
File: Devils Tramping Ground.jpg (134KB, 597x380px) Image search: [Google]
Devils Tramping Ground.jpg
134KB, 597x380px
>>18082485
NC can be pretty spooky, I used to grow up reading all the books on supposed true ghost stories and legends" when I was a kid, and there is quite a bit of stories out there.
>>
AZ. Creepy ass ghost towns, Barren deserts, UFO's and shit. A fire in the Sky was based here.
>>
>>18085067
Bunnyman Bridge is very popular among residents of Northern Virginia. The Gazebo at George Mason University's pond is also said to be haunted.
>>
File: states_per_spook.png (57KB, 2018x1234px) Image search: [Google]
states_per_spook.png
57KB, 2018x1234px
>>18082496
>>
>>18084346
Lovecraft oft wrote of West Virginia, telling stories of backwoods off-the-map settlements of inbred hicks, native cults, and terrifying ancient memories of places where sunlight never broke through the thick foliage.
>>
>>18088096
I live in Dandridge, Tn which is 30 minutes away from Knoxville and my dad always warns me when we go to the zoo there to be careful because there is supposedly a human trafficking ring run there, perhaps Masonic Satanist government officials have something to do with it.
>>
>>18082592
Yes. Michigan. Tons of spooky places, some demented people. And the dogman legends.
>>
>>18094330
oh cool im going to need to check that out some time my town in Mass has a mental hospital that has been working since the the late 1800's and an abandoned cemetery full of unmarked graves of insane people whos families abandoned them here
>>
>>18099456
why nevada and Loosienne so spook?
>>
>>18099983
oh wait I get Nevada cause Area 51 and ayy lmaos, but why New Orleansland?
>>
>>18094279
Georgia is boring ad duck for spooks. South Carolina has some low grade stuff.

As an occultist, I find Georgia to have a very pleasant, neutral vibe to it. To find anything truly spooky, and hence powerful, you have to seek it out.
>>
Missouri has methheads, they can get pretty spooky sometimes
>>
>>18084408
My nigga. 913 here, even small patches of woods which surround my house are terrifying. I've seen spirits, I've had the Whistle I use to call my dog whistled back at me from multiple points in the darkened woods, it's creepy as fuck. The whole state is just places you stop seeing because you've looked at them so many times they all look the same... Except that's where things can hide.
>>
>>18082485
Indianapolisfag here, I don't think this state is super spooky, but for some reason all the empty space is this state is really eerie to me. You can drive about 10 minutes of this city, one of the top 15/20 in the county population wise, and just be in endless empty cornfields. The small towns and out of the way places are pretty spooky at night.
>>
>>18100117
You should check out savannah if you never have before. There is crazy energy there
>>
>>18086812
I grew up in Temecula, next town over. All I heard about spooks were that our town was really rapey, and an incident of supposed sleep paralysis I had.
>>
>>18084148
Virginia, Newport News fag here, I can confirm Virginia is spoopy
>Civil War battles produce ghosties
>Creepy hicks in very rural areas
>Abandoned buildings in urban areas
This shit spooky, yo
>>
>>18086812
Interested in hearing what you have.
>>
>>18100007

Voodoo
>>
>>18095819
>>18095936
I'm in Idaho now. Really want to hear about the satanic rituals.
>>18086812
>>18100411
(former) Temeculan here too. I didn't know there was anything spooky there. Only heard about stuff in Riverside.
>>
>>18086790
So what was Walter White's pulse? Was he still alive?
>>
everything about Illinois is spooky
>taxes
>people
>chicago
>>
>>18100411
>>18100485
You guys know anything spooky about Aguanga? It's not far from Temecula and part of Riverside county.

I'm supposed to be moving there, all I know is it's a small town and that I don't want to get rekt.
>>
>>18099505
For once I'm slightly proud of my weird state. Do you know which stories they were? I'm not terribly familiar.
>>
I spent some of my youth in Delaware, and every time I go back there I feel this overwhelming sense of dread that somehow manages to entice me back into going there again, sifting through whatever fears I may have to figure what bothers me so much about such a shitty unknown place
>>
>>18089240
Living in Vincennes too. Nothing spooky, only retarded although the Hoosier forest has a bit of a tale
>>
>>18094244
I worked down the Cape in fall and winter. I dunno. Was kinda peaceful too. Did stare down a coyote once and had to avoid a dead skunk on the walkway to my apartment. Only got worried when a bad snow storm came in off the water and lost power.
>>
>>18099456

some states this map is spot on, others wildly inaccurate
>>
>>18082485
Im from indiana and i think its pretty creepy here
>>
Pueblo, Colorado: Franciso & W. 13th St.

Some sort of entity is trapped in the abandoned institution, in the El Pueblo Pride Park. Life changing stuff.
>>
>>18103011

explain

>>18102887

why
>>
>>18103031

There is some weird occult writing on the walls of this room on the 3rd floor and when I went in there during an urban exploring run, I sat in there and just kinda' stared at the wall. About 5 minutes went by and I started hearing what sounded like someone running bare foot in the halls. I went through all the rooms before hitting that room with the occult shit on the walls.
>>
>>18103050

And then you nope'd? Got pics?
>>
>>18103068

>Pueblo, Colorado: 719, 81003, Francisco & W. 13th St.

None of the inside, and I nope.jpg'd so fucking hard.
>>
>>18102854
Oh shit, there's an /x/er here? You here for VU or just, ya know, trapped like everyone else.
>>
>>18102878
Yeah i feel Texas is top tier spook. Lots of small towns with spook stories and all the Mexico shit that creeps in. Like duendes and lechuzas
>>
>>18103132
Did an online thing. Get a bachelor's in November. I could easily go to Indy but it depends where i can land a job first
>>
>>18103447
There's a 50% chance we know each other, unless you moved here "recently" lol. I'd go a little more north to Ft Wayne, there's less a chance of a stray bullet
>>
>>18103480
Lol nah. I don't have friends. But I've spent the 2nd half of my life in Lawrenceville
>>
>>18103496
Thanks. I'll stick close to main Street
>>
>>18103482

This is /x/. You say that like it's out of the norm. But yea, maybe not. Have fun with the downtown bridge in a month~ ;)
>>
What's this about Hoosier nat though? I know there's a smattering Indian grounds in it and a few pagan/wiccans(only thing paranormal about wiccans is the sex though), but that's it.
>>
>>18103518
http://www.prairieghosts.com/stepp.html
>>
>>18099144
>>18099165
wv here as well.

>aura of bleak misery
fucking spot on anon. i grew up in the new england and have only lived here a couple years. have found it hard to explain what this place feels like to them, i'm going to start saying this now
>>
>>18103539
Interesting. Most "creepy" thing here is cannonball. And you know, pretty lame
>>
I've been some weird places for a job I used to have. The creepiest and scariest was a little collection of ramshackle houses or huts, whatever, in the hills of northern rural Kentucky (can't remember the area, but was off of the AA Highway). I'll never go back to that shit hole.

There was trash everywhere, the people were dirty as fuck, and it felt like you were being watched even driving by at 40mph.
>>
>>18088096
Bro I live between Morristown and Greeneville and it feels the exact same around here. I blame the shit wages and the garbage job opportunities
>>
>>18082485
Southern California here, my house growing up was definitely, 100% legit haunted.
>>
>>18099718
Louisiana and the surrounding states have quite a few dogman sightings as well. Ontario, Manitoba and Quebec do too, but the proximity to Michigan makes that less surprising.
>>
>>18082570
Oklahoma, seconded. New Mexico is pretty fuckin wack.
>>
>>18086123
There's some generally weird shit in the fuckin boonies around Lexington/Noble/Pink
>>
>>18086859
Tell some stories, I've not heard much out of there.
>>
>>18082489
Ain't that just the Appalachian's?
>>
>>18082485

New England generally has an atmosphere of gloom and brittleness with how old it is which can make you feel unsettled driving through the mountains on an overcast day with chances of rain. Given the heroin epidemic it's even spookier now, you can see real life zombies just laying around in the streets!
>>
Florida is unsettling to drive through depending on where you are, mostly in the boonie ass areas but the highway at night makes me feel like I could fall victim to a trucker rape fest.
>>
Vegas is very spooky in my mind. It's in the middle of desert, has a heavy government\military presence. Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. I get good vibes and bad vibes but it's always very surreal going there.
>>
>>18100161
913 represent!
>>
What it doo VA! Portsmouth/Norfolk reporting in. VA is mad creepy...maybe from the colonial dead people and the military industrial complex of norfolk/newport news is kind of ominous driving through after 2am.
>>
Nothing happens in Montana, count that out
>>
>>18102117
I think the Color out of Space, Whisperer in the dark, Shadow over Innsmouth, The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, and the Dunwich Horror all took place in that region. may have been New England
>>
>>18082601
Louisiana has the Honey Island Swamp Monster

It's just your basic Samsquanch
>>
New Mexico

govt bases, roswell, dulce, indian spirits. skinwalkers and the oldest churches in the US with their own mystical spookiness
>>
>>18104125
Hell yeah man. I'm away for uni right now and I don't miss the spoops back home. Kansas is... Soulless
>>
File: 1470012378199.png (790KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470012378199.png
790KB, 792x792px
>>18099718
>>18082691
Why our great state of Michigan? I've lived in the metro-Detroit area my whole life. Where are some spooks in this state? I plan to travel it a lot this fall.
>>
I haven't done anything spooky outside of my home state so I can't answer. But I've found a lot of cool stuff in my home state of Maryland. Honestly nothing too spooky. My sister did catch some pretty incredible pictures at the Antietam battlefield though. I wish I had them on hand to show you guys.

To answer the question I was thinking New Jersey. Lotta weird shit in the Pinelands,
>>
>>18087147

I'm from WV, but I live in Morgantown. I never venture into the more rural regions, though there are some close to here. Not because of anything paranormal, but a lot of meth cookers live there and will shoot you if you come upon their labs.
>>
>>18099301
its not that bad. i've never heard of any weird stuff happening here.
>>
>>18099456
wtf is supposedly going on in NY?
>>
>tfw Montana
>Tfw no good spooks
All we have is pissy dead miners and bigfoot.
>>
>>18082485
I think we all know Utah is the creepiest state in the union.
>>
>>18082485
I've lived in Indiana all my life. I haven't heard any booms. Neither have I heard of government testing, but I really don't hang around the crowd of people that talk about that stuff. I think the weirdest thing that happened to me was I legit saw a meteor in the sky come down. I was looking south and it made a straight streak down, really fast. But that's just me and I don't know how common that is.
>>
>>18084118
All the battelfields and Amish people make for a spoopy land indeed.
>>
I live in CA. I haven't seen a lot of spooks, but the spoopiest state I've been to would be Idaho. It always seemed like the people there (and the government) were hiding something. It's too quiet and nothing ever happens, and not because it's a boring state like Montana.
For reference, states I've been to:
TX (only in Waco, that place is pretty depressing and a little spoopy)
AZ (Only been to Phoenix/Scottsdale, too urban for spoop)
NV
Idaho (obviously)
HI
Colorado
UT
WA
Anyone have any 3spooky7me stories about any of these, feel free to share. Also my home state CA.
>>
Florida fag here, lived here most of my life and have never really come across anything the whole time, other than the occasionally abandoned run down and overgrown boat while kayaking, and a very small field across from my apartment that inexplicably gives me the chills anytime I'm over there after dark. If anybody could point me towards something it'd be much appreciated
>>
>>18084200
They're fucking annoying and I want them to go away
>>
>>18103539
fuck this place hard. maybe I can become a pagan with them
>>
>>18084245

I'm from Massachusetts, and from my experience, the spookiest state is Connecticut. The atmosphere is really bizarre in the rural parts of the state, and so were some of the interactions I've had with people there.

Does anyone have any Alaska stories? I'm very curious because it seems like the perfect state for scary shit.

Also maybe Hawaii or Rhode Island because I can't imagine anything of that nature happening in either of those states.
>>
>>18082485
Pa and wv. Fuck both those places.
>>
>>18086123
OK resident here. Probably the spoopiest story we have here is the Jamison family murder incident. Look it up, it's pretty mind boggling. The mountain range where it happened is no joke either, it's known to host multiple meth operations. Hunters in the area are advised to not stick around when it gets closer to dark.
>>
>>18088084
Because it fucking sucks.

Anchor down
>>
>>18083759
I drive through New Mexico all the time. There is absolutely nothing out there man. I do like the fact there is a town called Truth or Consequences
>>
look up Missing 411, or other information that has been gathered by David Paulides.

Every state is spooky, people go missing under mysterious circumstances and there's no real explanation of why it happens.
>>
>>18084422
Lots of drunk drivers apprently. Ive never seen so many dont drink and drive signs in my life.
>>
>>18086812
Oh shit I live in Lake Elsinore. I've heard of some creepy stories about horse theif canyon.
>>
>>18085927
My buddy had a gf who lived up in grass valley. He said her house was super fuckin haunted.
>>
Houston, TX here
We have
Frank Shaw's Gargoyle at the Johnson Space Center
The Spaghetti Warehouse
Ghosts of Patterson Road
Galveston is haunted as fuck

If any other Houstonians can name more, please do
>>
>>18101999
ILfag here to tell you that this is an underrated post
>>
>>18082489
Shit dude, that describes my current town and hometown and I'm from Pennsylvania. Indiana and Bedford, respectively, if your were curious.

On the topic of Pa, we got lotsa spoopy shit. We have Centralia, Green Man, tons of abandoned asylums and prisons, Eastern State Pen. in particular.
>>
File: denalipark1.jpg (807KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
denalipark1.jpg
807KB, 3264x1836px
What kind of creepy stuff happens in Alaska? Most people don't mention it in threads like these.
>>
South Fl https://youtu.be/hchAlVW_u2g

Got more if desired
>>
>>18106375
Subscribe if you liked it please. Going to an asylum next.
>>
File: 1473044185403.jpg (204KB, 634x951px) Image search: [Google]
1473044185403.jpg
204KB, 634x951px
I live in Alhambra, ca next to the creepiest highschool. A girl hung herself on campus there.

I also heard weird booms as soon as I moved in. Like really loud sonic booms couple of times a month. Police know about it And can't explain it. Vice even did an article about it. You can only hear it around the heart of Alhambra. I lived in the next city for years and never heard one. Weird as fuck.

Gams unrelated
>>
>>18106375
Subbed, would love some more. If you have some further north, close to central Florida that'd be great.
>>
>>18082601
>Louisiana
Wrong kind of spooks, anon.
>>
>>18106476
Haha
>>
>>18106421
Jacksonville video is coming up. We haven't been able to find many locations in Central FL except for old disney facilities. I would try those if you don't care about getting banned from them. Message me on my channel if you find anything. We are based around Tampa so if you have a different location you may have an easier time finding such places around there.
>>
>>18084118
This.

PA has more ghost stories than any other state. The Civil War fucked this state up something fierce.
>>
>>18106491
There is a ghost town in PA that has an eternal fire raging underneath it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania
>>
>>18085599
Ayy 318. Ellerbe Road School is spoogy af
>>
>>18084205
I bet you feel real fucking stupid that he didn't respond you stupid god damn faggot, the fuck is the matter with you saying some autist shit like that baka fuck you you stupid fuck.
>>
>>18094244
Capefag here, can confirm. Best places to go are the woods and creeks in East Sandwich and South Yarmouth
>>
>>18095597
Spooky album with that as the title, and the events that it's abou
>>
>>18086133
Lived in Alaska all my life out in the back woods. There are "things" in the woods for sure. Used to see lights in the sky, not too far from where we lived. The "tall men" hung out in the back forest. The whole 6 acres of that property is fucked. Everyone (including me) literally went crazy at one point through two different families. Alaska isn't much for ghost stories, but there are tons of old legends. I'd greentext shit but I'm on mobile.
>>
>>18106310
>>18105857
I was stationed out near Fairbanks AK and lived there for 2 years. scariest thing i came across was the residents. the locals seem to live in their own little bubbles of a world. meth and general trashiness rivals the worst of any state. i understand that criminals on the run from the law or other criminals hide out there where they wont be looked for. people go missing quite a bit.

other than that the wildlife is scary. had some run ins with moose and one time with a bear while fishing.

nothing paranormal spoopy. i'd drive out in to the woods and make a little fire to relax bymyself when work got stressful and never got the creeps or anything.
>>
>>18082613
Smh desu senpai cuck
>>
>>18105765
where all have you been in idaho? any good stories?
>>
>>18099766
Paul A dever / Taunton state hospital?
Place is fucking awesome just gotta be careful with your light and avoid the rent a cops. Protip: go on a rainy overcast night. You'll see their headlights from wicked far away.
>>
>>18084245
>>18105857
I live in rural CT, can confirm that it's spooky. I've always lived a stones throw away from an old graveyard in this state.

There's lots of towns here from the 1600s and abandoned overgrown mental hospitals and junkyards in the woods.

It's haunted as fuck too.
>>
>>18094244
Coastal Rhode Island is like this too in the winter.
>>
GA here. Let'ssee we have guide stones, haunted slave pillars, haunted civil war schools, the entirety of the Savanna river...just all of it, swamp creaturers. That's all I can think of of the to of my head.
>>
I've only lived in a few states, but out of all of them, NY has provided the most spooks, WNY to be specific. I'm not too sure about the rest of the state, but I've encountered some fucked up shit round these parts, whether it's paranormal or just fucking bizarre.
Otherwise, can confirm that NV is very strange - not in a spoopy way to me, but it feels very much like an alternate universe.
>>
>>18089419
Vigo County here. St. Mary of the Woods has some spoopy stuff like the faceless nun.
>>
>>18099180
>>18100485
Alright boys. I had to take off the other day, but I'm back.

I'm sure that you all have figured out that I'm from the eastern half of the state. Specifically Rexburg (Fuck Mormons). For whatever reason, east Idaho has tons of reports of satanic or pagan activity, at least since the late 80's. Now I know what you're thinking, that's just a byproduct of the Satanic Panic, a hokey urban legend because everyone saw Satan everywhere at that time. But the stories keep popping up, and have been for 30 years, at least until the late 00's. The potato fields and copses on the edge of civilization hide some interesting things to say the least.

One example comes from a friend from school. He lived in the fucking boonies, about 10 miles out of town. He came across a group of people, all robed up and chanting. They had literally killed all his cats and had nailed them to a tree. He took a shot at them, and they took off. This guy was a straight shooter, bit of a redneck with not much of an imagination, so I tend to believe.

Another anecdote comes from my friends uncle. We got on the topic one night and he got very somber and proceed to tell us about his experience. Again, he came across a group in the late 80's, performing some sort of ritual on his property, north of Idaho Falls at the time. He took a running start with a rebel yell to tackle at least one of them and they took off at an inhuman speed. One that he was chasing jumped over a chain link fence in one bound. Either Satan has an olympian for a home boy, or something more sinister. You could tell this genuinely scared him, and I knew him very well, he is not a person to fuck around.

Stories like this are all over eastern Idaho, of occult groups doing shit in the boonies. It seems a lot of the old timers in town have an anecdote like these ones. So either its actually happening, or a lot of people are lying. I don't think that many people are lying.

Next Mutilations, Indians, Aliums
>>
>>18082639
Like Maine and Stephen king
>>
>>18107596
Mutilations: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=860&dat=19751008&id=vIBUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WI8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6897,471800&hl=en

Much like other western states like Colorado, Idaho has had its own string of mutilations on cattle. Example above in that link. There isn't much to talk about, the MO is pretty much the same across the phenomena. However, it is interesting to note that there are recent examples: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24580468.html

Also, I do know some of the old timers that did have their cattle mutilated back in the 70's. Let me be the first to say, its one thing to read about something and its another to hear it from the source. I found out an older neighbor had it happen, so one day I casually brought it up. I must have caught him in a good mood. Like other reports, his cow was missing its udder, lips, and eyes. The ass was cored out and missing too. Some internal organs were gone as determined by autopsy. And all the blood was missing. So much that the cow looked emasculated, bony, underfed. He told me that it had bothered him for the better part of the past 30 years, and he sincerely meant that.

Here is a note about some of these anecdotes, especially those that are not mine. I talk to a lot of people, I'm an easing going guy. Remember when it comes to the paranormal, if you admit that you're interested people tend to open up. So much weird shit happens around here, everyone has a story. I also actively hunt ghosts and am an amateur astronomer, so in general I actively seek out stuff.

In short, I'm not a roleplaying fag.

Next: Indian Legends, Aliens,
>>
>>18099456
>Ohio isn't spook
Fuck off
>>
>>18106242
Green man is the only one I'm familiar with. What about the others?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (95KB, 871x712px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
95KB, 871x712px
>>18082485
Colorado and Wyoming are really fucking square, huh? not scary at all. just... fuck they're square. like whoever decided the state boundaries just drew a big fucking square on the map and decided that it'd do. fuck. I dont know why, but that makes me slightly angry.

I like in a town in England, on the boarder with Wales, and the boarder actually curves around my town to keep it in England, otherwise we'd be in Wales. which would be cool, because Wales is nice.

Fucking square states. piss off.
>>
>>18108077
Live* not like. apologies.
>>
>>18082485
Local Hoosier here, i can tell you that here in Indianapolis, there's quite a few places that would make any investigator moist, like the Hannah House (http://www.thehannahmansion.org/haunted.html), the Indiana Central State Hospital (http://www.hauntedhouses.com/states/in/indiana_central_state_hospital.htm) among others.

I also happened to attend a high school here in the SW side that was haunted by a girl who died in the 70s. We would experience things like the lights shutting off in the entire school, the smell of death (kinda like blood and shit mixed together) in odd spots here and there, cold spots by the stairs where she supposedly died, and a shadowy figure around said stairs at the strangest moments. Oddly, these moments happened around the same time: about a month before the school year ended. These phenomenons sort of stopped once the school wound up getting renovated, though I hear they haven't completely stopped.
>>
>>18084435
>I never imagined a state could be so flat, desolate, and empty
A lot like Asian women.
>>
All of the towns on 95 heading north from Las Vegas.
>>
Missourian here. I live in Rocheport. Tiny ass town jn a valley next to the river surrounded by bluffs. Missouri has spooks everywhere. Like the Joplin light. Also my neighbour Kansas, Witchita is supposed to be the most haunted town in America.
>>
Any good stories from southern Oregon?
>>
I'd have to say California.
I live in Monterey, I say this is the spookiest state because people are willing to chop off their willies and say they are a woman.
If that ain't spooky as fuck then idk what is
>>
>>18109218
>be me
>7 or 8 years old
>spotlighting deer in field with dad, shooting em in the ass with a pellet gun because varmints
>I'm spotlighting, dad turns away to do some shit
>wayyyyy down in lower field, see biped
>walking left to right, stops in its tracks when spotlighted, drops down into tall grass
>"dad wtf did you see that?"
>lol no of course not you're 8

It was probably a hobo or some shit, but I definitely get how people could think Bigfoot is legit around here. Still pissed my dad didn't believe me.
>>
>>18109251
Spoogy. I hear there's some weird shit that goes on in and around Merlin. Also something to do with fairies?
>>
>>18109258
>Also something to do with fairies?
...never mind...I think I may've found it. Different type of "faeries".
Nomenus in Wolf Creek. Some kinda peter puffer gathering.
>>
>>18086790

>Navajo cop

See any skinwalkers lately?

Not much spoopy in here central NM, just Llorona and junkies
>>
>>18109375

Oh and I forgot about the Congregation of the Servants of the Paraclete in Jemez Springs
>>
File: Pentagram+Washington+D.C..jpg (125KB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pentagram+Washington+D.C..jpg
125KB, 620x500px
>>18084148
>>18099435
bunny man is a true story too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man
>The Gazebo at George Mason University's pond is also said to be haunted.
didnt know about that

>>18100433
>Civil War battles produce ghosties
yea i agree about how there might be spirits all over
as a matter of fact when i visited newport news my friend who was showing me around insisted we go on a late night ride through some old old roads that have been around since before the 20th century.. it was creepy
_________________________________________________________________________________
im from arlington and living next to d.c. is pretty spooky because of the implications
>ufo sightings
>possible extra terrestrial hand involved in our government
>free masons and illuminati
not to mention other more obvious things..

plus the city is one giant pentagram
>>
>>18084390
Dolly sods is pretty sweet, you should visit. Lots of caves to tour in that area too.
>>
>>18100347
I'm from super backwoods wv, moved to savannah. Guess I'm just drawn to spoopy places. Wv has a more "weird" creepy, while savannah is much more "sinister"
>>
>>18109445
>plus the city is one giant pentagram
>washington d.c.

WHAT.THE.FUG
>>
>>18109532
Sinister is a great way to describe the spoopys in savannah
>>
>>18100191
Also central Indiana here. Up north in Whitley county there is a (retired ) haunted jail. The ghost is supposed to be a guy who murdered his wife. They tried to execute him by hanging, but fucked it up, so the guy's neck didn't break. He hung there for over 10 minutes strangling to death until they cut him down. His throat was crushed so he died minutes later.

Supposedly people see dark apparitions, feel cold hands touching them, hear footsteps, a male voice talking, and banging. Objects rattle and doors open and close. Creepy.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.