[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spooky small towns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 44

File: small.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
What's the scariest small town in America? I've heard stories of places where people just stare at you if they aren't familiar, or places where the sheriff tries to run you out of town.

Have any of you had experience with/been to any of these places? If so, where?
>>
White's City, New Mexico.

Worst place I've ever been in my life. If you ever go or have been to Carlsbad Caverns, it is the "resort" town you have to pass through if you are coming from the East.
>>
My older brother back when we lived in Arkansas was out driving in the woods with his girlfriend and they decided to just go wherever in the woods and they went down a road into a trailer park.

All of the people there weren't talking and just stared at them until they drove back out. While driving away someone threw a rock at their car so they hauled ass out of there.
>>
>>18081901
Explain. Why's it so bad?
>>
>>18081894
Staring at you as if you were an alien is pretty common. I've had that happen in little towns in Italy as well as through the US. I remember once I went into a little roadside diner along Route 66, a place straight out of the '50s, and I didn't even make it through the door. As I was pushing it open, every head turned in the place...only a handful of locals plus the aging waitress, all original interiors but beaten and run-down, a marker board for a menu...and I literally backed out of the place and got back in my car and left, lol.
>>
>>18081908
Semi long story incoming...

>Went to White's City with my grandparents when I was about 8. It was nice at that time.
>About 7 years later my family, just my mom, dad, sister and I want to go see Carlsbad Caverns.
>Grandparents suggest going back to White's City to stay at the resort
>Mom and Dad agree
>Take my sister and I.
>We drive all the way there and realize the place looks closed.
>The Water Park (just a pool with two slides.) has a barbed wire fence around it, no cars but ours there, and the shops all look closed.

Here is where the fun starts, I'll post in next comment.
>>
>>18081915

I've experienced this in small town eateries. It's a weird thing to have everyone just staring. Be fun to just look back and yell ooga booga before leaving but I'd never have the nerve lol
>>
>>18081922
>Dad and I go to check in at the front desk. We expected the door to be locked, but it wans't
>The place wasn't closed.
>There is a chubby, very friendly looking lady at the desk.
>Dad starts alking to her, we get ourroom.
>As she raises her hand to get our room key off the back wall, we realize she has crab-claw hands.
>You know, the genetic disorder where they just have two really big fingers? Yep.
>I'm about to say something. Dad socks me in the ribs and takes our key and syas thank you.
>We go out to the car.
>Dad is telling my mom about the lady
>Not too weird right?
>It's late, so we decide to go to bed
>We're laying there at about 11:30 pm when someone starts pounding on our door
>dad gets up to go look
>"Maintenance"
>Dad opens the door and our room immediately fills with the smell of car exhaust
>"You need yer heater fixed?"
>"Uh...no."
>"Musta bin the people above ya."
>"Ah, ok."
>Dad shuts the door and gets back in bed with mom.
>It's july. Why would we need our heater fixed?
>Also, there are no people above us. We're the only people here.
>NEXT DAY
>room service shows up. Room service lady has an ankle monitor.
>We tell her to go away
>We go to breakfast, and decide to pack up and leave. We'll see the caves but then drive to Roswell.
>We finally get service
>The lady at the register is...uhm..."special"
>Mom and Dad are trying to order food.
>The lady says we were supposed to get meal tickets and we were to circle what we wanted and turn them into her.
>"Well we didn't get any meal tickets..."
>I don't hear exactly what is said but it ends with the lady at the register screaming uncontrollably at my parents.
>Manager runs out, takes our order, ushers the lady away.

Cont.
>>
>>18081928
> crab-claw hands.
Big meaty claws kek
>>
File: IMG_5193.jpg (580KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5193.jpg
580KB, 1200x1600px
International Falls, Minnesota
(Technically, there is more activity when you go a bit west, but no one lives over there.)
All kinds of aliens. Like, if you want to meet some aliens, just go out in the woods over there and do some drugs. I'm not even kidding. I can even take to where the aliens like to meet up with me, nearby a hole.
And, no, my experience is not special. I mean, I have the most extensive alien contact of anyone I know, but almost everyone has met aliens, ghosts, possessed animals/whatever in those woods. It was one of the last places in the continental USA to be populated by humans. The aliens are there to study the local flora, ect.

But the city of International Falls is also a Satanic capital of the Western Hemisphere. If you've ever heard of the "Moral Majority", this city is where those heathens had their start. I'm sure that cities like New York actually have more activity because they have such a greater population, but the Illuminati uses those woods as a training ground for super soldiers after their soul has been split via Satanic ritual.

As much as I'd like to keep ranting about this, I need to get ready for school and maybe do some Tai Chi.
>>
>>18081928
>Another family comes in.
>Hispanic dad, and white wife with a son.
>The dad is talking to his kid in Spanish.
>The kid is visibly freaked the fuck out.
>My family knows Spanish pretty well (we lived on the Texas/Mexico border for like, most of my childhood.)
>Dad looks at the Hispanic guy and asks, in Spanish, what was up with them.
>The dads start talking in Spanish.
>The other family was in another building, far from us but had the maintenance guy show up at about 11:45 asking about heaters as well. And their kid was freaked out because a snake was in their room under a chair when they woke up.
>Dad starts talking about ankle monitor lady
>She's Hispanic and was behind my dad the whole time
>Other family's wife was like "Look...behind you...shut...up...SHHH!"
>Welp, we're the assholes now.
>Suddenly my sister who was about...2 starts screaming
>mom lifts her shirt
>fucking cluster of wasps on her back. I shit you not.
>We decide to leave,but first mom and sister want to shower to wash off her wasp stings and put medication on it
>Go back to our room.
>Before my moms starts to bathe my sister
>I notice that the bathtub is really weird. I hadn't really looked at it the night before
>You can see sunlight through the plastic
>Dafuq?
>Dad notices
>Mom and sister start a bath
>Dad and I walk around to the back of the building. We have to hop a fence to get to the back
>This is the final straw
>We see the back wall of our entire motel building is fucking gone.
>You can see pipes, and bathtubs. The bathtub in the room right next to ours is on the ground.
>NOPE
>We run inside. Dad snatches up my mom and sister and tosses them in the car as I am throwing luggage into the back.
>Go see caves. Then go to Roswell.
>Tell some guy in Roswell that we stayed in Whites City and he laughed hysterically at us and then jokingly...but not totally joking said "Glad to see you got out alive!"
>>
>>18081940
Creepy as shit.. I'm screenshotting so I can read it again later! Thanks for sharing

u got anymore?
>>
>>18081915
this is autism

of fucking course they are going to look at you. They dont get a lot of visitors and they are just seeing whos coming in. Big fucking deal. How goddamn beta do you have to be to walk in a diner then back out because people looked at you?
Ive been on plenty of road trips and been in many small 2 horse towns. None of them were creepy, just old. They are just regular people in there.

this thread is just pure, distilled autism.
>>
>>18081940
>see sunlight through plastic
what plastic? Huh?
>bathtub is on the ground
what?
>hop over fence to go around back and the wall is gone
what?
>>
>>18081950
No, not really. I'm usually really comfy in small towns. Even creepy ones. I know how to fit in because, you know...they can see the white trash in my genes.

That is probably the only bad small town experience I have ever had, personally.
>>
>>18081940
>>
>>18081972
>What plastic

You know those cheap bathtubs made of thin plastic with a smaller porcelain tub underneath? Like, the part that was supposed to be the "tile" for the wall surrounding the bathtub was actually just cheap, thin, molded plastic. And since there was no solid wall behind it, you could see the rising sun through it.

>what?

The bathtub in the room next to ours fell out of it's socket and was on the ground. It's cheap molded plastic "tile" walls cracked I guess and it slid out the back.

>what?

There was a fence blocking the back of the building we were in. It was one of those long, two story motel buildings like you see in movies. We had to hop the fence to investigate as to why we could see light through the bathtub's plastic wall/lining.

When we got there, there was no back wall. The wooden/vinyl siding was gone and there was no Sheetrock behind it. You could see the plumbing of the whole building.
>>
>>18081990
Did u stay at whites city resort? I stayed there a few months ago and it's a long two story building so I'm wondering if it's the same one
>>
>>18081990
i remember you posting this story quite a while back; nice to see you around again.
>>
>>18082013
Near Carlsbad and Roswell?

Yep. I truly think we just went at a bad time and they were renovating or something. But...fuck.

>>18082018
Oh yeah! And people were googling the resort on all those hotel websites and keking at the reviews.

And It's good to be back.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160831-124740.png (1006KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160831-124740.png
1006KB, 1440x2560px
Looks like they gave up
>>
>>18081894
>I've heard stories of places where people just stare at you if they aren't familiar,
In europe these places called "village" Anon.
>>
File: Flood_gate_1.jpg (101KB, 799x451px) Image search: [Google]
Flood_gate_1.jpg
101KB, 799x451px
>>18081894
Cairo, Illinois is terrifying to drive through. The city's economy was basically destroyed by an interstate being built around it and the ferry business dying. After that it was finished off by a pseudo war between the 70's equivalent of the BLM movement and a white supremacist neighborhood watch militia. On top of all of that, to get in or out of the town you have to drive under a massive metal floodgate that feels like you're entering a formerly quarantined compound. Today it's mostly just spooky and crimed-ridden.
>>
File: 127313-L.jpg (259KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
127313-L.jpg
259KB, 1600x1200px
>>18082110
Gate from inside Cairo
>>
I went into a diner and everyone started clapping idk why
>>
>>18081936
Been wanting to go hiking in this area for a while. Had no idea that this area was spooky. Kinda creeped out now.
>>
>>18081940
>We see the back wall of our entire motel building is fucking gone.
>You can see pipes, and bathtubs. The bathtub in the room right next to ours is on the ground.
hot
>>
>>18084412
You meant you could see the mother and daughter bathing and everyone could see it? That's hot as fuck
>>
>>18082110
Been meaning to check this place out and do some photography. Heard it's pretty dangerous though.

Southern IL in general is pretty creepy. I used to drive down to visit my girlfriend. Very bizarre people down there.
>>
I was in vacation through east Europe and we stopped the car to take some pictures of the beautiful scenery in the middle if nowhere.
A random police car stopped by and they were like
>I hope to GOD you aren't going to sleep here tonight
>no, why?
>just beware of the small town ahead. People die
Then they rode away.

We continued the trip and the very moment we entered the small town, a group of dirty kids ran in front of the car and tried to stop it with their bodies.
I stopped and when I saw a group of gorillas come at us we turned around and full speed away. Holy shit I get goosebumps just thinking about that fucking town.
Back home I did some research and apparently people get stopped in their tracks by kids running in front of the cars, then they get mugged and killed.
>>
Potrero. It's about an hour drive from San Diego, Ca.

>Population: 1200
>Rural community
>only one store, one restaurant
>no gas station
>The sheriff is known to have a drinking/ anger problem
>only person who can calm him down is the previous sheriff
>previous sheriff now sells hay
>haunted houses are common since its n old community
>my house/ property was one of them
>there used to be a large area of land owned by one man
>they called it ArnoldLand
>the man had his whole extended family living on that land
>they all cooked and used meth
>even the border patrol knew about the property
>if they stop you at the checkpoint going in to town and you mentioned you lived in Potrero, or anywhere near ArnoldLand, your car was getting checked
>
>>
>>18081954

oh look another faggot discounting stories with insults like "autism"

how does it feel to only breath through mouth?
>>
>>18084415
hnnng
>>
>>18081936
Shit, is it safe to talk to them? Should I go armed?
>>
>>18081894
England is FULL of them. I live in one. Its more just people being nosey than malice, usually. Unless you are not white then it can turn nasty. Damn I hate how racist my town is. Some pretty freaky shit goes down behind closed doors.
>>
>>18085217
What parts are you from? here in West Sussex all the little towns and villages are quite nice, noone here stares. Then again there is some tourism so perhaps people are more used to it, and it's not exactly in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>18081976
Actually you hit a very valid point there. I'm from an extremely small satellite town of another small town in south georgia. I've lived in savannah and Atlanta and git along fine there but right now I live in Cedartown and while it's bigger than where I grew up the locals all treated me great from the first day I was here. I've seen other outsiders literally run out of town though. It's that small town white trash gene that shines like a beacon to these people.
>>
>>18084420
What town was it?
>>
>>18087035
Where at in South Georgia? Moultrie? Cairo? Albany? Bainbridge? Thomasville?
>>
>>18087141
A small town outside of Waycross called Manor
>>
>>18082018
Same here, I remember this one.
>>
>>18081894
I live in rural Mississippi and I'm half black and half white. I was born in San Diego California though but the reputation here was one of bigotry and division although that couldn't be further from the truth, the people here are so nice it's fucking creepy.
>>
>>18087168
>the people here are so nice it's fucking creepy.
thats because you make them uncomfortable, you degenerate.
they literally think you are gonna steal their x-box and rape their daughters.
>>
I fear spooky peppelz
>>
>>18087186
I don't even look black though, I look spanish or asian. Also my family is wealthy and we live in a manor 30 miles from the closest town.
>>
>>18084420
I assume you mean blacks. Cause otherwise I gotta you're a while off from Europe.
>>
>>18081928
im fuckin cracking up
>>
>>18087195
Are you will smith?
>>
>>18081936
Can you show me what spots to go on a map?
>>
>>18085425
a little town on the arse end of nowhere in the NW. Its called Bacup.
>>
>>18081901
Similar experience in Wagon Mound, NM. Never again, them hillbillies.... fuuuck
>>
>>18081940
You should really stop using people having disabilities like deformed hands to be "scary" in your little stories.
>>
>>18084434
No, he's right. If you lived in a small town where you've known everyone in it your entire life you'd stare if a new face came into your regular diner. Also he used reasoning to back up his dismissal as well.
>>
Oniontown in Dover Plains is pretty fucking strange.

http://www.vice.com/read/peeling-oniontown-0000126-v19n1
>>
grand marais mn
seems like a cozy little town
like 1200 people
a lot of child sex trafficking goes on
corrupt deputies
psycho locals
>>
>>18081940
Checked some reviews on the White's City resort before reading.

Yes it's kind of a wrecked place, but you're lying. It's not missing the whole back of the building. No problem with insects or snakes either. No problem with the service.

Also.. no building stands and misses it's back.

Cool story though but no need to make something up. Just a regular, run down tourist resort with 7 inhabitants it is.
>>
>>18082110
>70's equivalent of the BLM movement

That was the Black Panthers.
>>
File: centralias-pa-stay-out.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
centralias-pa-stay-out.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
Centralia PA
>>
>>18082696
>I went into a diner and everyone started clapping idk why

You must've put some ignorant shitlord in their place for being ___ist.
>>
>>18088854
>you're lying. It's not missing the whole back of the building. No problem with insects or snakes either. No problem with the service.
He was 15 in the story so presumably this occurred some time in the past.
>>
>>18088001
> DAS ABLEIST!!!!!!!!!

Then the whole thread started clapping.
>>
File: 35425234.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
35425234.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>18088888
>>
>>18082110
>>18088868
Be me, live in Vegas
>BLM
>read as Bureau of Land Management
So the original Bundy standoff.
>>
>>18088001
Google "uncanny valley", something that is human but slightly deformed is scary, this board is for scaring people. Oh and 4chan is for over 18 year olds, not sensitive 15 year olds from reddit or tumblr.
>>
>>18081954
you're a moron who discounts all the things that happened that you don't understand in a story because...you don't understand.

try removing the cocks out of your orifices
>>
Point Pleasant, WV

It's the site of the infamous mothman and UFO sightings.

>Paranormal enthusiasts flock to Point Pleasant in search of Mothman, a creature said to be a harbinger of imminent disaster that inhabits an abandoned TNT factory from World War II. John Keel published a book in 1975 entitled The Mothman Prophecies, and a film inspired by the novel was released in January 2002. Later, another film, loosely based on the legend, was also released. The town is host to a Mothman Museum, and every year it holds a Mothman Festival that features tours, pageants, balls, films, music, and other events to celebrate what they consider "one of Point Pleasant’s largest tourist attractions
>>
>>18084418
Used to have to go into cairo from time to time for work its not creepy just sad and dont go around takin pics off the main road alott
Of crack houses and dindus go off on you for little shit
>>
>>18089117
Yes, they're reptilloids. At last I truly see. thx.
>>
>>18081954
This!
>>
>>18088854
>no building stands and misses it's back.

Even a SINGLE wall can keep standing if the conditions are right and nobody comes along with a wrecking ball.

I came to Florida that year it was hit by 3 hurricanes in a row. The motel we usually stayed at was in that exact condition. Standing, with only 3 walls left. And, like the one in Orion's story, it was still open for business.

It was booked solid, in fact - full of traveling construction workers who came to FL to fix all of the destruction and who didn't care about their own conditions because they'd be out working during all daylight hours. The motel just rented all of the rooms on the ground floor. It couldn't rent out the top ones because the roof was gone too (or at least totally fucked up).

When I drove by it again years later, they'd put the wall and roof back up but the place was clearly still in awful condition.

So I think the story is legit.
>>
>>18081894
Small towns are spooky because the government targets and attacks them with neurotoxic filth in their water supply
>>
>>18081954
>pure
>distilled

Kek
>>
>>18084434
Using 'not an argument' to counteract an argument.

Maybe you are the autistic one
>>
>>18085217
There's a town my parents lived in for a bit called Bozeat.

>move in
>see a rabbit's foot in the wardrobe
>think nothing of it
>neighbours are a bit odd and keep to themselves
>nothing much happens for a while
>get woken up one night by some intense revving
>look out the window to see a huge gang of Hell's Angels revving their bikes and zooming up and down the street
>some other weird shit happens after that
>move out
>the day after they move out they see a newspaper headline in the store
>'witch sex cult in Bozeat' or something like that
>>
>>18084420

you went to albania or something?
>>
File: scariest.jpg (14KB, 612x358px) Image search: [Google]
scariest.jpg
14KB, 612x358px
>>18081894
i remember this show always saying a certain place was the "scariest town in america"
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBwC1L2spg
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksykytcDL2I
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaM2jH6ORaE

to name a few
>>
>>18089302
Haha the fuck? If whatever you said can be classified as a non-argument, then, yes, it can be countered by simply saying, "not an argument".
>>
Woronoco MA, located off of route 20 on the Westfield/Russel boarder.
You wouldn't even know its there unless you knew to turn off one road (yes, one road into this village, one road out). Its a small riverside community with a couple "defunct" factories that appear to be meth labs and a dam with a bridge. This is a one way metal bridge that shakes as you drive over it, and people actually live on the other side (pictured with factory). I'd say about 100 or so people live down in this area. Very very strange community with only one municipale building that is their firehouse, town hall, post office and police station.

We use to drive out there in college to hike Mt. Teoka and I've seen my fair share of shit. From what appeared to be mobsters or something working behind a run down factory with new barbed wire (Russian Mob owns that town), lights on in the buildings at 2am, strange noises and screams around Mt. Teoka, a really strange Sheriff that follows you but doesn't approach you, I can go on and on.

Woronoco Mass, fucking strange little place.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell,_Massachusetts
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 703x772px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 703x772px
>be me
>me and bro
>2 years ago
>stay night in west wendover
>coming back from washington
>next day we get up, instead of taking I-80, we take a detour for lols
>head south
>come upon "gold hill"
let me go ahead a preface this here now, this area surrounds the UTTR, a big military area in Utah where some chemical weapons testing or something happens, there's lots of reports of scary shit happening at night, horrifyingly mutilated animals, and just general weird fuckery.
>>
File: 9u8.png (1MB, 875x701px) Image search: [Google]
9u8.png
1MB, 875x701px
>>18094405
>gold hill
>more like trailer trash hill
>literally garbage everywhere
>multiple trailers and RVs
>most broken down
>shirtless dudes staring at us as we drive through
>naked kids playing around in the dirt and garbage
>fat woman walking around, looks like she's wearing a garbage bag
>one of the shirtless dudes charges my car
>slams his hands and head on my door
>doorslocked.jpg
>scared fucking shitless
>slam my pedal, know i heard and felt back wheel go over his foot
>look in the rear-view mirror, see shirtless dude hopping on one leg holding his foot
>see multiple guys and naked kids running towards us
>fuckin gun it out of there
>thank fuck for all wheel drive subaru
>fuckin rally racing down the hills
>my brother points out in mirror that a beat-up ass truck is following us
>hotpursuit.avi
i don't know how i did it, but my driving skills just elevated right then and there to master level
>next-level rally right here
>hit a bump and catch some sweet air
>notice the truck all of a sudden stops following us and turns around
>lostem.png
>brother points out something worse
cont.
>>
File: back the fuck up.png (1MB, 880x651px) Image search: [Google]
back the fuck up.png
1MB, 880x651px
>>18094432
>brother points out a sign on a fence
>MILITARY ORDNANCE TESTING AREA
>KEEP OUT, TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED
>other signs with biohazard, radioactive, and skull with crossbones symbols
>fuck.gif
>slow down and stop at gate, can see train containers, radio towers, and buildings in the distance
>there's a long stretch of road running along the fence
>decide to follow it going south
>swear to fuck
>we see the biggest dog in our life run across the road and hop the fence
>could tell it was a dog, like a labrador or something, like the size of a grizzly bear
>watch it run further into the military area, eventually gets out of sight
>shit gets weirder, start hearing jets
>look in the sky, but we can't see any flying, yet they sound like they're just overhead
>we keep driving, we see 3 helicopters going north, hauling ass
>brother swears he hears an explosion in the distance
>we book it down the road, going like 80+ MPH the entire way
>eventually ended up in the small farm town of Callao
>ask farmers for directions back to civilization
>before we leave, he asks us where we've been
>tell him about the crazies up on "gold hill"
>he doesn't look surprised, jests that they're a bunch of inbreeders
>tell him about the big dog, he seriously tells us that's best "thing out there" we could have encountered, implies that there's worse
>says the military drills are normal
>gives us directions to Delta, we thank him and carry on
I'm never going back to that part of this damned state again
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (130KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
130KB, 200x150px
>>18094432
Did you hear any Banjo music?
>>
>>18088888
Absolutely destroyed
>>
>>18087195

>we live in a manor

Something I've never seen on 4chan before lol
>>
>>18094482
actually that you mention it, we did hear loud as fuck country music when we passed through, accompanied by a strong scent of alcohol
>>
>>18094489
some real /x/ material right here
wealthy people posting on 4chan?
never!
>>
>>18087245
>Will Smith
>looking even remotely Spanish or Asian
>>
>>18094492
Moonshine, hoedowns and incest
>god bless america
>>
>>18081915
My fiancee and I had an experience like this.
>Live in rural-ish area near the edge of town
>Decide to drive a bit further north to better see the stars
>Stop in next town up with a population of like 30
>After star gazing we decide to buy a drink
>Find a gas station near the freeway
>Pretty dead, but the lights are on and the door's open
>Only person inside is one cashier
>There was maybe one display of snacks and only one case of non-alcoholic beverages
>The rest of the store is the wall of beer, dozens of knives and some bongs, including one made out of a gas mask
>We selected a Coke and paid
>Cashier never said a word, just stood still and watched us

Not a bad experience all in all, we still chuckle about it and have been back to the town many times since. The people there are pretty friendly.
>>
I'm really surprised nobody has mentioned this city
>Hilldale UT
>Literal FLDS city
I don't have any specific scary stories but just the thought of being anywhere near that place creeps me out. There are a lot of stories of the town sheriff using the police force to forcefully take underage girls to Warren Jeffs or some other polygamist to rape and "marry". If you drive into that town an all black suv will follow you until you leave. The locals are all incredibly hostile to any outsider and will not only stare but tell you to leave and threaten you. If you're a woman and you're alone you will almost certainly be kidnapped into a life of being raped by some polygamist whackjob that believes he's doing God's will. Seriously, spooky fucking place. If you're traveling from Arizona to Utah make sure to give Colorado city and Hilldale a VERY wide berth.
>>
>>18087514
I've been to bacup.
Rough as arseholes
>>
>>18081901
Its population was 7 as of the 2010 census. Holy crap.
>>
>>18094348
>haha the fuck

Well, you just proved him, me and everyone here, that youre a dumb shit. And you actually proved it 2nd time already.
>>
>>18089150
Stopped there on the way to chicago once. Not too much different from most other appalachian small towns.
>>
>>18081894
as long as you're white you'll be alright.
>>
File: spoopy thing.png (941KB, 1360x676px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy thing.png
941KB, 1360x676px
>>18081894
Wow shit, speaking of small towns I found this while looking for the cemetery in my town on google maps. I censored out the name mostly out of there's already some pretty spooky shit up here and I'd rather it be left alone than bring it in the focus of others. Sorry about that. The town was once big in the 70's but then all the mines closed down and the town is left with roughly 5k~ residents left. Whole lots of tiny, abandoned towns around too. I recently explored an abandoned farm house if anyone wants pictures of it. I wasn't able to go inside since the floor was sinking in, but I did manage to get a good look around outside.
>>
File: spoopy thing 2.png (640KB, 1360x736px) Image search: [Google]
spoopy thing 2.png
640KB, 1360x736px
>>18095018
Close up of whatever that is. Probably just a trick of the lighting but it's still kind of neat. Also if you're wondering there is no cemetery in the town, or at least I haven't been able to find it.
>>
>>18088001
You got some insecurities, Mr. Krabs?
>>
>>18081936
What the fuck are you on? I LIVED in this town. The only aliens you see in I-Falls are the canadian indians that smuggle dope across the border.

Completely disregard this post, absolute made up garbage.
>>
>>18088831
>sex trafficking
yup

>corrupt deputies
alcoholics and huge assholes, but not so much that they'd take a bribe if they're writing you a ticket.

>psycho locals
only some of them, most are nice people. once had a lady try to take a bite out of my burrito while i was sitting on a bench. i had my hand resting in my lap and was holding the burrito right above my dick, and she bent down and got a few inches away before i said "what the fuck?" and she stopped, smiled, and said "haha just kidding!" then walked away.
>>
>>18081990
Your story is really hard to follow. I'm not sure if it's legitimately creepy and you're telling it like a dumb fucker or is a tale about disapproval of construction standards.
>>
>>18095184
Yeah, nothing to do with obvious mental imbalance this anon suffers.
>>
>>18084434
>>18089117
> samefaging this hard

at least use different word and change the insult, autismo
>>
>>18081894
I've lived in southern GA my whole life, every town here is a tiny shit hole town. Town i grew up in had a population of 600 and i had to drive 30 minutes to the next city over to go to school. There's abandoned buildings and sheds and barns everywhere in Georgia, not necessarily scary but very desolate and eerie. The feeling of total aloneness is very overwhelming. Come check out Pavo, Ga. We have a dollar general, IGA, one restaurant, a library, NAPA autoparts and a hardware store. Also inbreds. We got plenty of those too.
>>
>>18081901
I used to live in New Mexico, I think I remember that place.

I remember another place called Cloudcroft in NM where I had this really paranoid feeling I was being watched, and I'm not easily spooked.
>>
>>18089150
KY fag here. Been to the mothman festival a few times. It's cool and neat to talk about, but also nothing more than a made up folks tale that happen to get bigger than anyone there expected. Now the story works nicely as a source of tourist income every year in a town that would otherwise not have much else. That being said point pleasant is a nice little place and the people are friendly, if you live within a state away it's worth going to the MM festival, it's cool man.
>>
bump

UK here, interested in american small villages. been googling the shit out of all these ones mentioned. they give me the heebie jeebies lads. in the uk any small town is will be no more than 10 mins from somewhere bigger. the apparent lawlessness / lack of civilisation of some of the places mentioned here is amazing. the usa is so massive... must be great to live somewhere where you can explore weird places and cut-off. isolated towns.
>>
Santa Fe, New Mexico
>>
>>18095387
>made up
>discounts all the police, firemen, and recorded sightings over many months
>>
>>18095652
>be me, elite anonymous hacker
>read this post

pff i cannot believe you'd ever trust the police for anything they say

i literally had a police officer tell me that he saw godzilla when he visited japan but that's fucking bullshit becuase japan put all the godzillas in extinction 25 years ago
>>
LOTS of odd small towns in West Virginia And far western Maryland. hell, there is even a town names Accident in Garret Co Maryland.

I have alot of friends who are truck drivers and have seen some pretty weird shit. Theyve seen robed figures walking alone in the woods miles and miles from any houses, have had locals stare at them while standing in their front yards as if they were waiting for something to happen and seen hairy humanoid figures watch them from the woods at night.

New mexico has some of the weirdest places from what ive heard. Shitty, run down truck stops filled with perverts and occult graffitti written on stall doors. One friend even had several tarantulas rush him while on the shitter. He managed to stomp them and smash the others with a small hammer he carries with him. Hes also seen odd lights in the skies at night and was tried to be stopped by dirty, inbred looking people on the highway late at night
>>
>>18095299
former TNfag here, have been to GA, can confirm this. a lot of outstate MN is like that too. not surprised that MN has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.
>>
>>18094253
Holy fuck that nostalgia
>>
>>18094648
Prophet's Prey is one creepy-ass doc, I wouldn't go anywhere near Hildale, UT after watching it.
>>
>>18095598
>must be great to live somewhere where you can explore weird places and cut-off. isolated towns.
Yeah, pretty cool. Lots of old, abandoned towns around where gold mines used to be.

Creepy town: Stull, Kansas. On a two-lane highway between Lawrence, KS and Topeka, KS. Cemetery on one side of road, town on other side. It is said that the cemetery in Stull, Kansas is the only other cemetary in the USA that Satan appears on Halloween at Midnight. The other cemetery is in Salem, MA. Lots of spoopy stories about Stull, even during the Summer, they just do not like people going to their cemetery. I have never seen anyone in the town as many times as I have driven past that town over the years. And the town looks exactly the same as it did when I first saw it many moons ago.

http://www.weirdus.com/states/kansas/stories/gateway_to_hell/

http://www.prairieghosts.com/stull.html

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/503

Also, in the 80s, there were tons of stories of satanic witch covens doing sacrifices around the countryside of Kansas and Missouri.
>>
>>18082110

>Lives near Cairo
>indeed spoopy AF

It's really more sad than anything. Another story of a town tur ed ghost town due to economic strains.

But that flood gate is something to see.
>>
>>18095021
>>18095018

>guise have this google maps screenshot of a public place but I won't tell you where because I don't want more attention drawn to it xdd

It's Ironwood, Michigan. I used to live there.
>>
>>18081954
The way they stare like a record skipped though. Always gives the jitters
>>
File: 4mpwgnsq11qfea9ro3_400.png (3KB, 392x362px) Image search: [Google]
4mpwgnsq11qfea9ro3_400.png
3KB, 392x362px
>>18096635
Why you gotta do me like this anon.
>>
File: 1471666376560.png (2MB, 1344x807px) Image search: [Google]
1471666376560.png
2MB, 1344x807px
>>18096676
>>
>>18087514
Is it called Bacup because the locals make you put it in reverse and leave?
>>
File: Abandoned farm house.png (4MB, 3264x520px) Image search: [Google]
Abandoned farm house.png
4MB, 3264x520px
>>18096678
Here's a few pictures from the abandon farm house I mentioned earlier. Maybe you recognize it? A bit irrelevant but it's back on the market and thought I'd be a good opportunity to look at it under the guise as a potential buyer. Would've went in but the floor was caving in too bad and didn't feel like dying that day.
>>
Anyone know any comfy/lovecraftianesque small towns on the sea
>>
>>18081922
Really weird. I actually stayed in that hotel about a decade ago and had an oddly positive experience. I had the largest, most perfectly cooked steak in my life in that little diner.
Years later I returned and the diner and hotel had apparently changed hands.
>>
File: 1472830893166.jpg (87KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472830893166.jpg
87KB, 531x800px
Not too many of these in NJ but Warren County is hillbilly central as far as NJ goes. It's like /b/, a containment county for those not smart enough to realize being a hillbilly in a state where it isn't something you have to be can live and be dumb together. Go visit Oxford someday and see people actually embracing being stupid rednecks.
>>
>>18096676
Because fuck you.
>>
>>18082110
I live very close to this place. Indeed very creepy and dangerous. Id say to avoid this town. I'm about 1 hour away. Total nigville
>>
>>18081928
Old pasta is old
>>
Fucking Dudleytown, Connecticut.

Never been there. Apparently it's heavily patrolled.

A lot of lore surrounds the town dating back to the Revolutionary War and the founding of the colonies. The town's founders supposedly brought a family curse over from England. A lot of people dying, losing their minds, being struck by lightning. Some guy lost his entire family to various strange, misfortunes and one day walked into the woods never to be seen again. There are also stories about a shapeless black "thing" in the woods.

I wonder what native tribes thought of the land before the colonists got there. There's this distinctly American fear of treading upon some ancient burial ground, but I think what's creepier is when tribes avoid the land altogether. When some place has been recognized as "off" or "wrong" for a long time.
>>
>>18089073
Kek, same here, as in from Vegas and thought of the Bundy shit that went down
>>
No mentions of Odd, West Virginia and the Whitaker family who lives there? They supposedly inspired the movie Wrong Turn.

>The town is so secluded that they inbred and now they're all nutcases. They walk on all fours like dogs and grunt and bark to communicate. When you drive by them they'll chase your car and throw rocks, sticks, or even feces at you.
>Supposedly there are four of them
>Older, cross-eyed, bald, toothless guy, he typically does the shooting
>Younger son with stunted limbs who shambles around like a fucking zombie literally named Chicken Nugget
>Other son will literally run on all fours at your car and bark and throw shit at you
>Rumors that their neighbors take care of them and won't hesitate to get involved if you decide to mess with them
>>
Helltown Ohio is like this. I dont know if helltown is just a nickname, but its what its called. Its near me and there are a few places people say are haunted. Me and some friends went there a awhile back to "ghost hunt" (smoke pot a reportedly super haunted place called crybaby bridge) and didnt even make it there. A cop (probably the only one even working at the time) pulled us over because he'd never seen our car before and it was suspicious. He basically made a big thing about intimidating us and we left after that.
>>
>>18095332
I stayed in Cloudcroft before.
My family and I went on vacation there and stayed at her bosses cabin
It was pretty comfy honestly
Seemed like a vacation town.
>>
>>18097039
>The town is so secluded that they inbred
According to the last census Odd has a population of 779, that's more than enough to support a healthy breeding population.
>>
>>18081894
Scariest places are big cities. The fucked up crimes and people are rarely found in small towns.

This is literally how statistics works. Tiny places have tiny odds of pumping out consistent nuttiness.
>>
>>18081935
>>18081928

>living and working in far north ga
>visiting homes for repair work
>getting near lunch, need gas too
>stop at little roadside diner with gas pumps
>go inside, go to counter and order burger
>say brb, go out to pump gas
>come back in, order is ready
>waitress goes to little kitchen window to get order
>cook waves at her
>LOBSTER MAN!!!
>freaked out
>maintain composure somehow
>gtfo
>half mile down road, sling big ass claw paw burger out window
>no way i'm getting infected with that shit
>>
>>18094749
Have you heard of the hanging man? beast of Bacup or the murders about 10 years ago?
>>
>>18094348
Instead of arguing with the point, you just said.

Waaaaa autism is a bad word.

Which is the equivalant of saying "not and argument" which is a meme if you are missing a few Chromosomes as well as dealing with Autism
>>
>>18096853
Just move to New England
>>
>>18081940
I'm from NM and have been to Whites City many, many times over the past 30 years. You're nothing but s role playing /x/ faggot.
>>
File: spooky rattle.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
spooky rattle.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>18081894
inglewood
>>
There's a town called Hurley in Virginia, in Buchanan County. If you drive through there and they don't recognize your car, the whole town calls each other and they go out and stand on their front porches and stare at you. The reason is because they think you're with child protective services and they want to see which pillhead's baby is getting confiscated today, but it's still creepy.

Haysi, Virginia isn't as bad, but it's similar. If you go into a store or restaurant, everyone interacts with you the absolute bare minimum they have to. They don't say anything to you, not even the obligatory "Thank you." Servers will just drop your food on the table and leave.

When I lived in Appalachia I was cautioned by the locals never to go to Jolo, West Virginia.
>>
Are there any scary towns like this in BC?
>>
>>18082110
Grew up in the bootheel of MO. Place was none too prosperous. But even back then, folks would warn you away from visiting Cairo, IL. They way they talked about it, seemed to be a mix between normal american urban decay and bombed out post-soviet eastern bloc towns. I never went so I don't know if it's true or not.
>>
>>18088888
If they could even clap with shitty crab claws
>>
>>18084418
Depends on where you are, I suppose. My great-grandmother lived in Pocahontas, and it's just a normal little one horse town. Her house always made me uncomfortable when we would stay the night though.
>>
>>18081901
New Mexican here, born and raised. This whole entire place is filled to the brim with unexpected, unusual and unexplainable events. They call it the land of enchantment for a reason.
>>
>>18099687
/x/, this is a hex. do not reply.

good greetings and tidings to you all
>>
>>18094432
>>one of the shirtless dudes charges my car
>>slams his hands and head on my door
>>doorslocked.jpg
>>scared fucking shitless
>>slam my pedal, know i heard and felt back wheel go over his foot
>>look in the rear-view mirror, see shirtless dude hopping on one leg holding his foot
God I hope this is true. There's nothing better than people doing retarded fucking shit like this and getting proper repercussions. Why won't some crazy show up with an ar-15 and annihilate a place like this.
>>
>>18098480
/x/ related, not /crime/
>>
>>18081928
Dude you didnt write this ive seen this pasta many times
>>
>>18099687
>>18099687
Same. New Mexico is filled with crazy shit.

Me and my boys use to cruise the back roads Grants and Albuquerque, we saw quite a bit of fucked up things. Also some really bizarre small towns.

Some messed up things: a fucking capra demon sitting Indian style in middle of road and disappearing when a group deer ran across, a bizarre whistling song on the side of a unihibated mountain, a 10 foot tall bull/or cow, roads that lasted abnormally long when compared to gps

Crazy shit my man
>>
What if in large cities we are all trying to manifest reality but there are so many of us that our manifestations often cancel each-others out or get lost in the noise?

That would mean that you are more capable of manifesting reality in low-population areas like small towns, or ideally complete wilderness.

Maybe this is why small towns are so spooky.
>>
>>18088869
I live about an hour from Centralia. Absolutely nothing spooky about it. Depressing maybe but not scary.
>>
>>18097173
>population of 779, that's more than enough to support a healthy breeding population
if it was 779 unrelated people that all moved there. I'm assuming that it means there are now 779, but they are mostly descended from the same few people or something
>>
>>18088001
so brave
>>
>>18081923
This isn't something we do to scare you. We (im) just genuinly curious who's coming through the door. Might be my neighbour or family. I might wsnna invite them to join me. Might be Jack who had words with last night.

You get the drill. Small town, chances of knowing people is very high. Curiousity. No cult, no racists.
>>
>>18096167
http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/keep_the_hell_out_of_stull
>>
>>18081894
Lennox Iowa. Been there and it just has an air to it that makes it fucking scary to visit. It sits in the middle of flat cornfields with nothing around it for miles, there's no trees in the town, it's always super quiet, I hate that place
>>
>>18094648
They should carpet-bomb that whole city. It's a shocker that the FLDS is allowed to continue with all the fucking child rape.
>>
>>18102924
But does it count as rape if they're your niece-daughter-wife?
>>
>>18081954
I don't know if there was a weird feeling that contributed to his situation but given the short description this is accurate, as much as people want to complain about it. So a bunch of people just looked as he walked through the door so he turned tail. Hardly a creepy experience.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
These showed up at my house in one. Can't be sure if they are egg shells, oysters and seem to be minerals from what I've observed.
>>
>>18096916
Better then most parts of your shitty state .
>>
>>18103145
>durr what are seashells

flyover state confirmed
>>
>>18103145
Holy shit I hope this is bait and fuck you and your seashells for making me respond.
>>
>>18099152
snappy reply ;)
>>
File: witnessed.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
witnessed.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>18088888
>>
>>18094481
That was a cool story utah guy. Just letting u know since u got no replies
>>
>>18081894
LA VERNE CALIFORNIA
secretly run by fucking Mormons who drive grey or beige unmarked police cars place is a fucking hellhole
>>
>>18088888
Nice
>>
>>18103145
U go to Penn famalam?
>>
>>18095698
10/10
>>
File: southriver.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
southriver.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
I'm going to tell a creepy thing that happened to my family as a kid its going to be boring and read like shit, so I'm giving you warning.

This happened in the small town of south river and its nice town but what happened was insane

>Going up to my cottage with the family in the summer
>Its only 5 hours north so we go as often as we can and it feels just like a 2nd home to me and my sister age 5 and 11
>So the 4 of us make it up there and its about 10pm-12pm
>Start unpacking and we find a tree knocked out the power
>not really an issue we stay the night and in the morning we will figure things out
>Morning comes and my dad drives into town use and phone to call hydro company
>When he gets back he tells us that they will come to fix it in a week
>We where planing on staying two week so my dad ask everyone if we wanted to stay
>Everyone want to stay despite not having electricity to run the water pump from the lake to flush the toilets or wash
>I'm sitting in the sun outside playing my gameboy when some dude that looked around 25ish and clearly a local asks for my dad
>I run and get him and he talk with my dad about how he can fix that power lines
>My dad tells him that its illegal and crazy to mess with it and that hes called hydro-one and they're going to come fix it
>This dude gets upset almost child like and starts to tell him about how he works as a contractor and stuff
>My dad tells him to leave and he seemingly drives off
>We go about our day as normally as we could and we went into town to get some fresh water and food
>When we get back the dudes truck in the drive parked and hes got a ladder trying to remove the tree
> My dad flips his shit and start yelling at him to get the fuck down and get out of here
>They yell back and forth for about a minute with me, my mom and sister still in the car and its running
>I cant really see from the car but I hear a loud bang like the resistor popped
>The dude got shocked and was on the ground
part twocoming soon
>>
>>18089250
Does it turn the friggin frogs gay?
>>
>>18103769
Where
>>
File: tunnels.jpg (86KB, 634x421px) Image search: [Google]
tunnels.jpg
86KB, 634x421px
>>18089073
use to live in vegas too

related note, the underground drain tunnels under the strip are nuts.
>>
>>18103794
don't people live down there?
>>
File: cottage.jpg (597KB, 1192x1408px) Image search: [Google]
cottage.jpg
597KB, 1192x1408px
>>18103769
part two
>>18103793
south river ontario

>The dudes friend hops out of his truck rushes over before my dad can get to him and starts doing cpr or trying to

>As I see my dad walk over to them he yells at us to stay in the car hoping that we wouldn't get to see it
>my mom tells us not to look and my sister and i look away
>The dudes friend lifts him into the truck and kicks of dust pulling out
>My dad gets back into the car and tells us that he got a shocked and will be ok and that hes going to the hospital (which is like hour drive away)
>Everyone being a little spooked and me being sure that he was dead we make dinner
>After they put my sister to bed my dad told me what really took place and how the man was dead
>We talk about it and how that's why you shouldn't mess with stuff like that and how the locals are crazy while my mom is hugging me because I was a little upset
>I fell asleep on the couch across from the window that night in the living my dad was sleeping in the couch next to me(pic is my cottage)
>In the dead of night I wake up to what sounded like someone walking on the deck just outside hte window doors
>amuse its my dad or mom and go back to sleep
>wake up to it again this time it on the other side of the house I still think its mom or dad
>hear the door handle shake and boom I'm in full alert mode and I think to myself I should see if my parents and sister are here
>try to wake my dad by shaking him but he a deep sleeper and wont wake
>full alert mode me stumbles into where my mom and sister are sleeping and finds with both
>My heart start pounding to the point where its all I can hear and I cant think straight
>run up to my dad sleeping still and shaking him awake while yelling someone is trying to get it
>He gets up thinking I had a nightmare and tells me its probably just an animal
>I tell him I heard the doorknob
>This time he gets of and turns on the porch light yawns and tells me its just windy
>>
>>18103822
>Convinced of this I go back to trying to sleep
> I rolled over so that I'm facing the sliding glass windows
>Its every dark and overcast so no moon
>Hear the footsteps again and listen really carefully and I start to see something moving
>a ghost white face pops up on the window
>I'm so scared i cant even move I just lay staring at it for what felt like an hour
>The face looks around and backs away into the darkness
>The face come back again in different window this time closer
>Just as i work up the never to move again
>A loud bang hits the window
> I wake my dad up and looks at me and says why the fuck are the porch lights working?
> We both look at each other
> then a bang my mom rushes in and my dad turns the porch light on and the crazy dude that we all thought was dead
>fix the power for us after he got back form the hospital
>He told us sorry for what took place and that he was a real electrician
>and that not to worry about the bill hes got it cover
>the rest of week went great, but we will probably never trust a local or stay at our cottage ever again
>>
>>18103819
I'm not sure about now, but people definitely use to. when i lived there about 5 years ago I went through them with some friends, didn't see anyone just darkness forever and little openings every now and again where it connects to other tunnels. Ended up popping out of a manhole on the strip one time because the water got too deep lol
>>
I live in the shithole town of Newton Falls Ohio, it's tiny af but probably the creepiest place I've been. we have about 10-15 ghost stories, ranging from a ghost who smells like bacon at our library, to the ghost of a little retarded boy who was locked in an attic above what is now a Pizza shop, and died in the heat. We have an old covered bridge from the 1800s which is spooky enough on its own. But someone an hero'd under the bridge and you can see where the rope was tied to the bridge.
>>
>>18103842
I recall one time me and my younger sister were exploring the woods in town and we stumbled across what seems to be the remains of a large campfire. Around the fire in a circle were sleeping bags, about 6 of them. They had obviously been there for a while, covered in leaves and mud and shit. But they were just abandoned. There were bags with some food left, but animals had gotten to them. And there was clothing everywhere. It was bizarre. We got out of there quick. If anyone is interested I could probably find the pics I took that day. They're on my old phone but whatever
>>
>>18094481
This is good, anon, thanks.
>>
>>18103846
I'm interested if it's not too much effort
>>
File: NewtonFallsHell.jpg (3MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
NewtonFallsHell.jpg
3MB, 2448x2448px
>>18103849
lucky for you I saved it on my computer, but this is the only pic i have without me or my sister in.
>>
>>18094481
Any sources on more of the, uh, 'things' you can find out there?
>>
Holy fuck this thread is so relevant to me right now.
>live in ireland
>two days ago
>first day of college
>end of day, my bus home never arrives
>start walking long country roads home
>never actually been to this area of the country
>over 4 hour walk home
>about 6km outside a town, Dunboyne, I get on top of a hill by the road
>decide to cut through small town i see for something to drink, maybe catch my breath
>cut through field to reach town
>come across a ditch with a small bridge
>comfy.jpg
>looking around, in shade from sunny day so this spot was so lovely
>notice something on a tree
>its a fucking pentagram
>breath it a dead badger
>oh for fuck sake.jpg
>immediately head into the village
>small, one pub, a post office and a shop. It's pretty rural.
>some old women standing in front of houses stare as I pass
>think nothing of it but some men and a few kids watch me as I progress down a street
>enter shop
>odd elderly man welcomes me but watches everything I do in the shop
>ask him about any potential bus routes through town
>no
>fuck
>really anxious so I don't stop to rest, buy some water and make my way down the road further until some guy stops his car and offers me a ride
>accept because I'm pretty sick of the heat
>asks if I went through village
>answer yes and he says thank goodness he came across me
>says never walk alone through there again
>explain bus didn't come
>we chat a while before reaching main roads again, he drops me at a bus stop
>reminds me to avoid village
>ok
>bus arrives
>go home
>shitpost about shit bus service
>>
All of these stories fascinate me so much, I'd love to buy a car and drive through America stopping off in some of the places mentioned. Though as fun as it sounds, I'm a southern Brit and I'm not sure if I want to risk going "missing" and ending up a topic on this board.
>>
>>18103894
>over 4 hour walk home
I would do.

Brah cool story
>>
>>18103894
Can we have a location so i can google maps this ?
>>
>>18103871
Oh man that's spoopy
Did you report it at all?
>>
>>18103894
No name of small village?
>>
>>18103973
East-Bumfuck, Delaware I think
>>
>>18103969
nah man we just got the hell out
>>
>>18084430
>if they stop you at the checkpoint going in to town
There are border checkpoints inside america?
>>
>>18088831
>a lot of child sex trafficking goes on
>corrupt deputies
How would you know about this?

Did they come up and offer you a kiddo?
>>
>>18081936
You sound like s fool. Also
>drugs
>see things
>>
>>18098658
Bountiful so I've heard, but I've never been.
>>
>>18103973
Didn't see any names man it was just back arse country roads.
>>
>>18103956
Somewhere between towns Dunboyn and Rathoath my mans. I really don't know I was just following a road.
>>
>places where the sheriff tries to run you out of town.

>be war veteran
>drifting around, displaced
>kicked out of small towns because I look like a trouble maker
>Come to one particular town
>place looks nice enough
>Sheriff tries to bully me out even though I've only been there for a minute and only want something to eat
>tells me to leave, drives me to the town limit and tells me to move on
>decide I will not
>walk back into town
>sheriff arrests me
>taken into custody, hosed down by icy cold water while stripped naked
>forces me to shave my facial hair
>any type of blade makes my ptsd act up
>Cop comes at me with straight razor
>kill him with it
>book it stark naked
>manhunt in the wilderness ensues
>>
File: Rambo.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rambo.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>18104211
>>
File: 123321331.jpg (488KB, 976x899px) Image search: [Google]
123321331.jpg
488KB, 976x899px
This happened years ago, in a small town called Camden in the state of Maine

>Be winter
>Just getting off work around 10 PM
>Walking to my car when I see something
>It's an old man sitting on a bus bench
>He looks to be around 70s maybe late 60s
>He looked sad and depressed as hell
>No buses are scheduled to arrive this late
>It's cold and I'm a bit worried so I sit down next to him
>I explain to him that buses aren't running this late
>And that he should go inside to get warm
>He tells me he needs to go to the next town over
>I offer to give him a ride
>He only nods and struggles to stand
>I help him into the car and turn on the heat for him
>He's sniffling and not moving much
>I ask him his name and how he's been
>He only says the address and nothing else
>The address leads to a house in the woods
>Down a long dark barely snow shoveled road
>Finally get to the normal looking farm house
>Lights are on and cars are in the driveway
>I pull up as close as I can to the front door for him
>He looks up at me for the first time
>Tears fill his eyes as he reaches out
>Planting his hand on my shoulder as he speaks
>"She found someone else..."
>He then got out of the car and walked to the front door
>A middle aged woman opens the door and waves back at me
>They go inside and close the door as I drive away

Being from a small town in Maine word spreads around pretty quickly, I asked my parents if they had any idea who the guy might of been, but no one I asked had any idea who lived there, only that it was a farm, I have no idea what he meant by that, and I never went back, that was 3 years ago, his words stuck to me for some reason, the way he said it, the deep sadness in his tear filled eyes, it haunted me for a while.
>>
Basically any small town or local eatery turns into that if you're black. I can go into the small restaurant near my family's cabin, where I've been going since I was a little kid, and still get odd looks and kids yanking on their parents sleeves and pointing people at me. I don't even think these people are racist, just so shocked at seeing someone non white that they lose track of their manners.

Unless you move to a bigger city, you just have to ignore it. It's unnerving, but very rarely do they have ill will. Obviously every once in a while someone will mutter something about "damn niggers" just loud enough for me to hear, but not often enough for me to generalize.
>>
>>18089238
I remember that year, I was in highschool when those hit. Good shit
>>
>>18103871
You found a hobo encampment.
>>
>>18104151
Officially only near the border of Mexico. This town sounds very shady, though, and it would be pretty easy to set one up illegally. Mass communication isn't as big as we like to think it is, and backwater weirdness like this is actually pretty common in first world countries.
>>
>>18082110
Totally unrelated but can someone explain to me how the American understanding of a city is different from the Uk's? Just looked up this city which has a pop of 2 and a half thousand compare that to my home town which has a population of 10,000
>>
>>18103871
Are there in-town woods that DON'T have these in them? That's pretty normal, it would've been stranger if you hadn't seen anything like that.
>>
>>18104761
I was in middle school during that time. My parents didn't give a fuck about the hurricanes and were just sitting outside the balcony smoking two packs of cigs and a few Cuban cigars while drinking and I was outside the house with my dog playing with a soccer ball. Good shit. Only thing that slightly bothered me but I shrugged off was all the constant stinging pain from the rain.
>>
>>18088888
Fucking rekt m8
WITNESSED
>>
>>18104742
damn nigger
>>
>>18094481
Where do you live Utah Anon ? Do u wanna go explore spooky Utah with me?
>>
File: e52.gif (840KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
e52.gif
840KB, 400x230px
>>18100850
>Capra Demon
I didn't know undead burg was in New Mexico.
>>
>>18104766
>>18104868
it was just really spooky, Newton Falls doesnt have almost any homeless/transient people, and theres much safer/drier places to sleep, like under some bridges or some shit
>>
>>18084420
What country?
>>
>>18104972
See, like I said. Only one guy.
>>
File: seriously_0_0.png (201KB, 399x428px) Image search: [Google]
seriously_0_0.png
201KB, 399x428px
>>18095598
It's great until you accidentally end up in a town you really shouldn't be in and if you can't get out fast enough or be careful enough you'll get absolutely fucked and be terrified that the least worst thing that can happen to you is dying. I've passed by and around many small, almost isolated, towns before whenever I had to go on cross-country trips from Florida to California and Washington to visit old friends and the "stay away" type towns are seriously fucked and corrupt beyond belief. I remember that somewhere between Texas and Washington I was with my wife and we had to pull in at a local town since one of my wheels blew out and not even two seconds outside of our car we're getting assaulted by to overgrown harambes until I pulled out my gun and they hauled ass. The townspeople were looking at us with ominous stares the entire time and the town sheriff tried to arrest me with false charges of "illegal possession of a firearm", even though I had a license that I showed him, which would have left my wife alone and vulnerable. Unless I know the town well I always avoid them because of experiences like that.
Of coarse most small towns are OK but for the few that aren't it's not even worth the risk of going near them.
>>
>>18094405
But Gold Hill is a Ghost town?!
>>
>>18103835
Goddamn. That's crazy.
>>
>>18103835
The dude's crazy, but I wouldn't let it put you off from staying at the cottage. It seems like he's only a danger to himself.

As for trusting a local, you didn't trust him the first time either, so there's nothing different there. Your dad already told him to fuck off, then told him to stop work, and the guy still wanted his Darwin! At that point, you might as well just sit inside the cottage and film the results for YouTube.
>>
>>18103933
Just bring a friend and come visit us sometime.
>>
>>18096971
Been there before. Can confirm the heavy patrols. Everyone just looked either depressed, terrified, confused, angry, all of the above, or a mix of the four. From what I've seen the few times I've passed by there, nearly all the kids are constantly inside at all times and the few kids that were out looked normal at first but you could somehow tell that something's wrong. Same goes for everyone else. The only people that even seem to be normal are the cops. The place is terrifying just to look at but even more so once inside.
>>
>>18085217
What freaky shit?
>>
>>18105178
>>18096971
All I'm reading about the place is that it was abandoned in the 1800s and there's very little left of its existence. Its biggest patrol seems to be its no trespassing signs since the land is privately owned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudleytown,_Connecticut
>>
>>18104334
What a sad story! Hope he's well. Diforcing is worst when you're old and may not have anything else in your life but your loved one.
You did good when helped him.
>>
>>18105203
>In 2010, the TV program "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files" decided not to follow up on a tape shot on the Dudleytown site.[8]

Yikes.
>>
>>18088869
Just read about this. It's sad what happened to it.
>>
>>18094481
going anywhere government related in UT is a bad idea. Also there are plenty of places like gold hill here, stray far enough from the major highways and you'll find them
>>
Lived in Hudson NH as a kid, it has become a sort of wealthy town now but when I lived there it was mostly woods.

There was one time me and my cousin crossed a stream, went over the fence and explored the woods behind our house that stretched for miles.
I'll never forget coming across an old Toyota from what looked like the 91-94. Had Vin number etched out, no plates. We got the trunk open and saw at least 50-100 small animal bones in the back. We were creeped and went farther and saw an open top Jeep flipped over charred. No tires, missing some parts, but it was scorched.
Obviously the fire department had to have seen a a jeep producing all that smoke but still made no sense why someone would do it.
Few months later, we walked into the woods with my friends so I could show them (it was nighttime), everything was gone. And out of nowhere we hear something walking towards us. We all sieze up, guy casually walks by with his bike (there is no path , just trees and brush for miles ) and doesn't say a word, doesn't make eye contact. It was like 1am, we at least looked like we were exploring, he just looked lost and confused.
Very odd
>>
>>18105275
At least it was just some lost guy. Would've scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>18084420
This is normal in eastern Europe...
>>
Was once driving back to Michigan from South Dakota, and somewhere in Minnesota close to the Wisconsin border I was low on gas. Saw a sign saying 'Gas Station' at the next exit, but it wasn't one of those logo/branded signs, it was just white and blue.

Arrive, and there are basically two buildings: this old af gas station with pumps from the 40s or 50s and dirty windows you couldn't see through, and next door a bar with about 8 people sitting on the steps staring at me.

I nope'd the other direction, got back on the Interstate, and made it to the next bit of civilization.

Since then, I only stop when there are clearly defined logos so I can at least assume there's some big corporation with enough oversight that murders *probably* aren't going on in their gas station.
>>
>>18104849
1. Cairo in particular used to be much larger until it was rekt by changes in transportation infrastructure. It's at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers, both hugely important for river traffic, which was a much bigger deal in the past. Later on, as highways were built it lost its economic function and became a ghost town.
There's also the difference in how the word "city" is used legally--in Britain it usually has to be the seat of a church diocese, whereas in most of the US it's a generic term for a kind of municipal government entity.
>>
>>18104849
It's really dependent in what state you live in, I'm from Ohio where if you have less that 5000 you're a village and more than that you can switch to city status.
>>
>>18105112
>Texas and Washington
are you talking Washington DC or Washington state? cause saying "between Texas and Washington" in either direction you would cover half of the entire continental U.S.
>>
>>18105567
Have you met anybody competent who included Washington DC in a list of states?
>>
File: CHECKEMMM.jpg (51KB, 476x344px) Image search: [Google]
CHECKEMMM.jpg
51KB, 476x344px
>>18088888
>>
>>18103933
Bring 2-3 friends and actually ask locals and passerby about what towns/areas to avoid and what places are OK despite being creepy and always be as cautious as possible.
>>
>>18105567
I mean, either way has some scary shit in between...
>>
>>18087195
Can I move in with you?
>>
>>18095644
The liberals there are just the worst !
>>
>>18100850
Alot drunk Indians wondering around out there. Almost hit one or two.
>>
>>18105567
We were heading to Washington DC to meet up with a few old highschool friends.
>>
>>18105621
>>18105717

Evidently there's one person who does, cuntmuffin
>>
Turner Falls in MA is like that. really weird vibes
>>
>>18104310
> facial expression
> kek
>>
>>18105834
Hence "competent". DC's the popular clarification and it saves you like seven words.
>>
>>18106007
seven one-letter words*
>>
>>18104787
Slight correction to what anon posted. There are also customs checkpoints on the roads going in/out of Canada. Some of those are jokes, but others - the ones on the truck routes and anywhere else remotely convenient - are quite well-staffed.
>>
>>18104761
>>18104913
This attitude is one of the reasons I ended up making Florida home several years after that. No fear and not bothered by much of anything - I love it.
>>
Born and lived in Florida most my whole life, anybody have any good spoopy spots? Preferably closer to central Florida.
>>
>>18103933
Bring 5 to 6 friends and get a good cellphone service provider and a basket of pop tarts. Pop tarts can be used as weapons but they also contain nutrients.
>>
Anyone ever been to Jerome, AZ? It's a little ghost town up in the Black Hills. Apparently it has a population over 400, but the time I went there I didn't see a single person on the streets. It was still daylight and I walked throughout the entire town. There were parked cars all over, but no people and all of the shops were closed. It was overcast and snowing slightly. I felt like I was in Silent Hill or an episode of the Twilight Zone. I read online later that the historic hotel overlooking the town is supposed to be haunted.
>>
>>18085217
you must like rapefugees
>>
>>18105078
damn nigger
>>
>>18081894
Probably Eerie, Indiana.
>>
We went to a small ghetto in South Florida to explore an abandoned hospital. Check it out and please subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchAlVW_u2g
We have an upcoming video of when we went to Jacksonville a couple of weeks back.
>>
>>18106132
I'm the urbex video guy you subbed to I'm pretty sure. There are some places throughout central florida but they are difficult to find. I would look into the old phosphate mines. I know some people found a large one but it may be no good now. If you find anything, let me know in a message to my channel. I'd be down to look into it.
>>
>>18085217
Be glad you're not overrun mate
>>
>>18106340
looks comfy
>>
anyone have any spooky small town stories from Idaho or Oregon?
>>
>>18098500

Haysi and Jolo look all look like places I'd fuel up before I got even 25 miles close to town / village limits.
>>
>>18103145
I hope to god that this is bait.
>>
New Waverly, Texas. It's a small nobody town but there are plenty of things wrong with it, It's surrounded by forests that stretch for miles about an hour driving through one side brings you next to TDCJ. The prison is just one of many things here that bring in bad things. There is missing kids every year, slack police work, corruption, and ever since the 80's ritualistic practices. The town went a bit crazy throwing the term satanic rituals around, which attracted groups that perpetuated the claims, some even starting up cults themselves. The KKK still meets at the weight station a bit south of the town. I have seen some creepy examples, strangers spying on farmhouses miles in the middle of nowhere, and people dressed in dark robes at some of the lakes late at night. There is a large cult out there but I don't think it's "satanic" I think its a group of people that do odd shit.
>>
>>18096167
I live in Lawrence, I've got a couple Stull / Clinton stories
>>
>>18088869
I camped there.
>>
>>18106774
go on...
>>
>>18106780
Well I always found Clinton more spooky, it's a little town they flooded when they dammed the Wakarusa River. The town's still down there, but the lake is pretty muddy so it's probably mostly buried by now.

But every once in a while weird stuff will pop up around the lake (I've found weird remains in the hills and old human "trash" from the 60s when the water level is low)

Plus a bunch of people have killed themselves by driving into the lake. Once every 5 or 10 years. I think one woman did it with her kid in the car.
>>
>>18106745
Its not nessecarly satanic but you can bet your ass its evil, you should get a rifle/nigth vision and camp around the lake or what ever then shoot your self some monster
>>
>>18106786
>Looking at map of Kansas
Holy shit. Are there any wilderness areas left, or is it all farmland?
I knew there were a lot of farms there, but fugg.
>>
>>18106810
There's actually a lot less "farmland" than you think. Most of it is just open range, used for grazing cattle. Plus the Reservations, and a number of Protected Areas, plus very few people...

There's some weird shit in Kansas.
Some of the spookiest times I had were at a Bible Camp outside Salina. I went every year for 10 years.

Seems like most of the really weird shit happened early in the season. One year was particularly bad, and after that I noticed that we never went back around to one part of the grounds, and they suddenly got really serious about developing the rest of their land.
>>
>>18095598
Oh, you should check out Russia, my friend. It is a mix of old, really old and fucking pre-historic.
There are empty areas with like a few villages in the middle of wild nowhere the size of England.
>>
>>18106824
>There's actually a lot less "farmland" than you think.
Saw all the squares and assumed.
>Bible Camp outside Salina
Spill it mane. Quit teasing us with tidbits!
>>
File: Bathory1984.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bathory1984.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>18106120
Despite of the stupid shit that end up in the news from here, Florida as a whole is actually a pretty good place live in. The people are usually extremely nice, even the street thugs and harambes of the block. Most of the people here are the family/friend oriented honor bound types so despite the few people that you may know, the ones that you do know will almost always have your back. Everyone has a "I don't give a fuck" type of attitude, even the cops, so it's surprisingly easy to make friends here, even with social anxiety and whatever else you may have. People here aren't easily offended so you could normally talk as much shit as you want as long as you're still careful of your surroundings. Even though the real estate is still shit, it's honestly still not too bad. Finding a job here does take time, because of immigrants, but as long as you're qualified you could essentially get any job that you're looking for and be taken almost immediately afterwards. Drugs are plentiful and easily obtainable nearly everywhere. Even though we have such a large crime rate, as long as you know the local thugs/harambes/dealers/potheads or have that "I don't give a fuck" or "seriously?" attitude you should be 100â„… fine. And the majority of Florida girls are surprisingly pretty great, once you get past the dumb cunts, and have some pretty cool and fucked up personalities and sense of humor despite appearances. Even the elderly here are surprisingly great and don't act like entitled cunts, they just do normal shit like reminisce, and do drugs(usually), while still enjoying modern society. Even the weebs here are pretty OK and down to earth, surprisingly.
>>
Since we're talking Kansas, on the border between Kansas and Colorado is a small town called Kanserado (super original name, I know.) Theres nobody there. Its a complete ghost town by the train tracks, but theres a gas station that always has fuel. Ita creepy as fuck to pull into, seeing tons of abandoned places. Every now and then we find toys, different cars abandoned on the side of the road, etc.
>>
>>18106132
Most of the seriously 2spooky4me locations are either in South Florida or North Florida so if you really wanted to find some good places you'd have to do a little road trip with a few friends.
>>
File: ohpatty.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
ohpatty.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>18106924
>>18106924

tl;dr theres fucktons of shitty people but its ok if youre a turd too
>>
>>18088831
My dad's from this town, what can you tell me? He's never mentioned anything weird about it
>>
>>18103770
Go to bed Alex
>>
>>18107266
how long did he live there? does he still visit? when did he leave?
>>
>>18105078
damn nigger
>>
>>18106930

Google yields nothing, tell me some other areas near it on Google maps I could find or identify by landmark or I'm calling your story as bullshit
>>
>>18104157
>How would you know about this?
individuals in law enforcement, that I trust, told me about it
>>
>>18082110

Reminds me of Galena, IL as well with all their 20 foot concrete flood was and huge iron/steel gates
>>
>>18107340
If they know about it why don't they stop it?

Something isn't adding up.
>>
>>18098480
Inglewood is a big city that gets to be pretty bourgeouis in a lot of areas, dude. Rich black people and shit. It's widely considered to be the next target for gentrification. R u even from LA?
>>
>>18105921
how so? do explain
>>
>>18107342
Jurisdiction maybe, I don't really know

I don't know why they'd lie about it to me. Cook county is just fucked up though. The people there are fucking weird
>>
>>18087149
Jackson County reporting in. Good to see some GA folk on this board.
>>
>>18094432
>thank fuck for all wheel drive subaru
Fag.
>>
>>18106930
>>18107330
it's Kanorado, not Kanserado lol
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1MB, 245x300px
>>18107770
Georgia is just good vibes; you know, as long as your white.
>>
>>18107754
>Jurisdiction maybe, I don't really know
>jurisdiction keeping you from stopping child abuse
What a shitty paladin.
>>
>>18088001
Silly SJW, this isn't tumblr or reddit, go be sensitive somewhere else
>>
Cornwall Bridge, Connecticut. Try going near the Dudleytown village. Had one middle-aged raggedy ass woman come running out of her house saying she was going to curse our souls. Drove back down the road and this really old woman was standing in the middle of the road. She was a little nicer but said the same thing, get out or we'll curse your souls. Had an old car tailgate us even after we got out of the town.
Check it out if you're near CT. The entrance to Dudleytown is on Dark Entry Rd., not even lying.
>>
Brattleboro, Vermont has some creepy shit in it. East Brat woods are haunted, there's a tower across the street from the Retreat (Mental facility) that's supposedly haunted. The locals are weird as hell, and I'm not talking about the artsy folk or the gangbangers. Lots of weird stories coming out of the Latchis theater.
Head there soon though, it's going downhill since the protestors shut down the power plant. The town's economy is down the drain, businesses are moving away, families who have lived there for generations can't live there anymore because of the skyrocketing taxes.
>>
>Be seventeen
>Mom kicks me out for an ounce of weed in room
>Could easily rent apartment with friend but can't because I'm a minor
>Homeless for a bit
>Move to donallsonville Georgia with family other than batshit mother
>Down there for a good three months when school starts down there
>Decide to finish senior year down there
> Right before school starts this behemoth of a female tries to hmu
>Swerve the bitch and move on
> Three days into school
>I'm takin a morning shit
>Next thing I know I'm being dragged to the office
>Tell me that five students said they heard me talk about bombing the school
>When that story falls through they make me wait in hallway
>Ten minutes later they say that a student turned in a screen shot off Facebook
> ask to see the screenshot
> wait in office again
>Ten minutes later they kick me out for making fun of the English teacher
> turns out behemoth bitch made some shit up
>spread through the schools monkey population like wildfire
>Had to Move back home and get ged
>my terrifying small town experience
>>
>>18108269
>>18108269
Lmfao, props to u anon, that's a solid story

Sounds like you're mum was begging for a reason to get rid of you though. Making her son homeless because of a bag of weed, that's batshit alright
>>
>>18108296 we had like five people in a two person apartment so can't say I blame her but then went and put a runaway case over my head without warning.
>>
>>18108056
I've been there and think the locals are just sick of people constantly trespassing so say bullshit like that

Spooky place though I didn't experience anything paranormal
>>
>>18108296
My dad almost kicked my brother out over a bag of weed.

But only because he didn't share...
>>
>>18106830
Russia is strange. You go even a half hour out of one of the big cities, it's like you're suddenly in the 1800s.
>>
queen creek Arizona is pretty spook
>>
File: 1471723171635.jpg (785KB, 2253x2073px) Image search: [Google]
1471723171635.jpg
785KB, 2253x2073px
>>18104334
>Mfw woman had found someone else to butcher and sacrifice
You got lucky anon
>>
>>18103835

But why did he try to get in to your cottage multiple times? And he tried to do it surreptitiously it would seem. Did you ever ask other locals about him, or the local Mounties or whatever y'all have up there? It's weird enough that he wanted to fix the tree for you. Why did he want to get into your cottage afterward?
>>
>>18103933
Bring like 7-10 friends and try and steal a seat belt extension from the airplane. Those extenders make great safety devices but can also be used to strangle a hillbilly if needed.
>>
>>18103989
Anon said he lives in Ireland, mate
>>
>parents took us on a road trip to Disneyland
>driving down from Portlandia
>stop in some hick ass southern town for gas
>everyone stares at us because they've never seen a chink before
>>
>>18104202
You mean Dunboyne and Ratoath?
>>
>>18081894
Here in Washington, a few places are like that. Klickitat County in its whole. Fishing along the Klickitat is fun, but people will literally stalk you through the trees the whole time. A place calmed Goldendale is similar, except they do spooky shit. Stack smaller flat stones in front if their driveways. The place is full of witches and farmers.
>>
>>18095216
did you let her suck your dick
>>
>>18081923
that last part made kek way too hard
>>
>>18084418
Yeah I grew up in Southern Illinois. So many cornfields. So empty. And a lot of the buildings are just old. It always felt spooky for me there.
>>
Halfway between Blakely and Henderson, MN is a little state natural reserve along the Minnesota River. I grew up in a town nearby, and between my hometown and Blakely and Henderson we're talking maybe 8,000 people (6,600 in my town of Belle Plaine) about an hour and a half from Minneapolis. We'd go down there to explore the woods, as you can find old concrete dens dug into hillsides where bootleggers would hole up and store product back in the day. On multiple occasions we've been down there and after being in the woods for about ten minutes we'd here splashes in a nearby pond that progressively got louder and closer until we'd hightail it out of dodge. This did not happen every time we were there. Picture the sound of a giant rock being tossed into the water. There's a lot of rumors about crackheads and escaped cons in the river bottoms. About a half hour down the road we have a asylum from the criminally insane that seems to have a breakout every now and again. And sure as shit rumor mill always places them down in the river bottoms by Belle Plaine.

There's a lot of old wives tales I could tell about the area, most I've never totally bought, but a few might have some credence if anyone is interested.
>>
>>18109303
>if anyone is interested.
yes pls
>>
>>18109321

Alright so there's this old house at the end of a neighborhood where the street turns to the right and goes down a hill and it's pretty separated from the other houses by trees and this hill right on the edge of town. As the story goes a crotchety old hard ass died about a decade ago sans family, friends, and anyone close to him other than his dog. The thing is, even though the house is abandoned and is not on the market, and supposedly not passed onto anybody after his death, the lawn is mowed, the house hasn't seemed to deteriorate (paint/siding/shingles), and the fuckin dog is still there.

One night me and a couple buddies get the idea to go down and check the place out. So I drive my old pickup truck to the place, get to the top of the hill at the turn, and begin reversing down the hill. Two guys are in the bed of the pickup, three in the cab with me. As we get closer the acoustics of the hill make it so the damn place is silent. No birds, no animals, nothing. With one of the two main roads in and out of town being right around to the other side of the hill. We pull down to about fifteen feet from the front door, when all the front lights flick on. We froze for a couple seconds, I mean this geezer wouldn't be the only person who ever heard of motion sensing lights. That's when we heard the dog howl. We still couldn't see him, but he knew we were in his territory and he wasn't happy about it. The thing is, the dog was inside the house. Finally, the front door flew open, and I peeled our asses out of there. Never even made it inside. As we got to the top of the hill and back into the well-lit part of the neighborhood, we stopped and got out to discuss. The dog howled one more time while we were talking. The guys in back hadn't seen anyone when the door opened, and nobody could see the dog either. As we got ready to leave, we heard a single gunshot. Booked it, haven't been back.
>>
>>18109483
good story. smart backing in.

how long ago was this? you might be able to look up who owns the property. most cities and towns have some online shit for that.
>>
>>18109491
>most
well, maybe not "most", but a lot of medium to large ones do.
>>
>>18109491

It was about three years ago, might still be worth looking into.

Most the rest of my urban legends for Belle Plaine are explained away by people being meth addicts and psychopaths. There's a trailer park near the edge of town and close to the river itself that hosts a variety show of people threatening you with firearms, staring wildly as some of these people above have been stared at, stealing shit, making weird noises at night that sort of thing.

One unusual one is the "ravine", which is exactly what it sounds like. It's right next to the school and is basically a legend from kindergarten until you graduate. My house was on the other side of the ravine from school so I walked through it a lot when I was running late. Usual shit - killers in the woods, abandoned barns with blood around it (this ones actually true, but it was a pothead hangout nothing more), bears, snarks, grumpkins, that sort of thing.

One thing odd, however, is that almost everyone seems to get turned around in there. I've lived by the place my whole life, been there countless times, and I'm an incredibly good navigator (see; military service), but I still will have to check the sun to make sure I'm walking the right way through it. Night is even worse, you could walk what you believe to be in a straight line for an hour, and have been walking in a circle the entire time. Most people can't navigate the damn place at all. Luckily for the most populated part of the ravine, it's narrow enough to see both walls.
>>
>>18109303
>>18109483

Final decent one that I can remember from the Belle Plaine stories.

Belle Plaine exists as an old stopping point on the trip from Saint Paul to Mankato, MN back in the 1800s. Today, we're still that stopping point but for a four lane interstate. If you go up that highway for about three miles, you'll find an old abandoned farm literally right off the interstate. Which is where I once again pulled my pickup truck into with a group of friends in tow.

This one is a little more simple. We began to weave our way into a pitch black barn. As soon as we were inside the noises of traffic were kill. It was as if the walls were soundproofed - for Christ's sake we were twenty feet from the interstate. A few of us left our phones in the truck, but the couple that had brought theirs found their batteries dead or nearly dead when they swore up and down they had been decent on the ride over. Which I'm willing to believe since my truck came with every plug in imaginable, because I drove our friend group everywhere and I am the consummate host.

Anyway, as we're moving into this barn, shit keeps falling over. And banging fuckin loud. Now, I wasn't hitting anything, and the others kept insisting they weren't bumping into anything that wasn't too big to fall down. As these bangs from shit falling over became more and more loud, I felt like I was being watched, and the moonlight outside bouncing off the snow was getting dimmer. The others reported similar feelings later on. Like most other stories we got out of there as the spoop factor hit ass puckering levels.

Those are the decent stories that I can personally attest to. There's some others like an albino fox that indicates someone is about to have bad luck, the boars that supposedly roam the area between us and the next town, stupid shit like that. One should keep in mind that - as someone above alluded to - rural MN and rural Deep South are very similar in feeling (as someone who has lived in both).
>>
>>18109303
>>18109483
>>18109704
>>18109729

I gotta go run and complete a detail, but I can come back I have a few deep MN northwoods stories. Granted they aren't really near towns but I may have one that's close enough.
>>
>>18109731
good stuff. keep em coming.
>>
File: IMG_1430.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>18109746

Alright, last Belle Plaine bro story, then I'm all out of spoops.

I'm a Natty Guardsman and I go to a private liberal arts school in Saint Paul after I moved from Belle Plaine. I'm actually posting from a deployment over in Egypt. But that's neither here nor there, just trying to maintain some consistency. My roommates back home come from particularly wealthy families, it being a private school and all. My best friend's dad is a real estate guy, owns a lot of territory across the state. One of which is a beautiful abandoned ski resort up north of Park Rapids, MN. Just outside of the tiny hamlet of Emmaville.

Emmaville markets itself as the smallest municipality in Minnesota. It's actually unincorporated, the lying cunts, but it has a church/school, a little store, a little campground and a one family house. I'll get to Emmaville in a little bit.

Now this resort is called Val Chatel, and if you've seen the Shining, I got the same feeling walking into this place. It's absolutely beautiful, just a little rundown. Sits on two private lakes and a fuckload of land that's all owned by my friends father. Me and him and another roommate went up there for the 4th of July weekend as it was my last few days home before deployment. One roommate met us from Lake Park, near North Dakota and brought us enough fireworks to make our own show. For the purpose of the story JJ is my best friend who's dad owns the place, and TJ is the guy from near NoDak.

I'm packing an AR-15, a 7mm Rem Mag, and a .410 side by side shotgun. JJ has a .22 pistol, and TJ fishes and doesn't fuck with firearms. JJ had gotten reports from a contractor looking an electrical stuff (they want to reopen the resort) right before we left that people had been fucking with the locks and had clearly been all over the grounds. So I was pretty happy that I had heat with me. 1/? Pic related, it's from the boat looking back at the west wing of the lodge itself.
>>
File: IMG_1451.jpg (2MB, 3800x2514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1451.jpg
2MB, 3800x2514px
>>18109999

Right when we get there, JJ sets up a trail cam to catch the pricks fuckin with the locks, and me and TJ start getting the boat in the water. It's devoid of human sound, only nature, absolutely pristine. He gets back from setting up the cams, we get on the boat and spend the rest of the evening till the sun goes down pulling fish out left and right. Beer drinking, dip spittin, it was about as good a time as I've ever had.

Eventually we head back to the lodge, cracked a bottle of scotch and sat back for a relaxing evening. We were sitting out on the back porch when JJ snaps his head around and tells us to shut the fuckin music off. Now, I don't hear as well as I used to cause I'm too cool (read as stupid) to use ear protection when shooting. So I snap the music off from my phone and look where his heads pointing. At this point, I heard what he must've at first, and that was a twig snapping in the brush. I'm pretty unflappable, I've spent too many long nights in the woods listening to large animals break twigs like that, but the step pattern seems to be human. But it is slow. We all listen for a couple minutes, to the occasional branch breaking, twig snapping, and vegetation being pushed aside and shit. Someone was clearly moving towards the lodge from one of the game trails. We're pretty isolated here, so it was immediately suspicious. I quietly grabbed the AR, and set up on the porch in that general direction. As I was doing this, music began to play from that direction. I honestly couldn't identify the genre, we could only pick up the beat. Now, again, nighttime in the woods sound carries like a motherfucker. We waited as this guy seemed to get closer...then the noises stopped. All of them. We waited like ten minutes before letting our guard down, and eventually turned in for the night, doors locked, weapons by our hands. Pic is lake from lodge porch, left side is where the game trail is. 2/?
>>
>>18084420
I'll remember to run them over should it happen to me.
>>
File: IMG_1438.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18110033

Next morning dawns, I'm an absurdly early riser (like 5 am everyday, alarm or not) so I'm up on the porch watching nature do it's thing. Eventually the others wake up, and we cross the lake to fish some more. As we were crossing to the other lake, we heard a scream and all of us froze up. Honestly, I still am certain it was an elk that got fucked up by a wolf pack (DNR reports biggest pack in MN moves through the area). But it was pretty disturbing, and the other two were pretty confused about it. JJ is a big hunter, he's been out in these woods. He couldn't even pin it down for certain. Elk really don't move through Northern MN as far as I can tell, so I really am not sure what we heard.

Around noon we decide to head into Emmaville to get some food from the little convenience store. The old lady running the register glares at us the entire time we're in there. It's odd - their little shit hamlet runs on people like us being around to buy bait and snacks and shit. Being raised not like cunts, we were all incredibly polite, but contrary to everything I know about Minnesotans in the service industry she barely said a word beyond grunting. Until JJ picks up a little rock on the counter that says "Turn over in case of emergency" and on the bottom says "Not now idiot, in an emergency!" At which point she cackles like the crazy old hag she looks like. After stopping there, we went to a restaurant for lunch closer to Park Rapids. The people here again seemed very suspicious of us, it was very busy and filled with the people on the surrounding lakes, but us in particular they seemed to eye fuck hard. After overly expensive food, and shooting a few glares back, we went back to Val Chatel.
>>
File: IMG_1441.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18110073

Final post I hope. That night comes and we find ourselves in the same position as the night before, except we're blasting fireworks off. I can't tell for sure, but I keep thinking I hear music that isn't ours floating in from somewhere else on the lake. I couldn't shake what I was hearing, and since I was inebriated I wrote it off to paranoia.

The fireworks went on for another forty minutes or so. When the last one went off we sat quietly for a couple minutes, soaking it up. I mean shit, I was about to leave for ten months and we're a tight group. But that's when all three of us heard a quiet laugh from somewhere out in the trees. Naturally we scrambled in and were all up in arms before you could say "You were drunk that wasn't safe!".

We didn't hear much more. A lot of rooting around in the trees, but it was so fucking dark out there wasn't anything to see. We drew the blinds and locked all the doors when we finally went to bed.

JJ has been back twice since, has reported the movement, and music in the forest. His dad has heard it too. The trail cam had gone off a couple times, but they couldn't see anything on it. A little spoopy, maybe alcohol induced maybe the Emmaville slugs coming for rounds, maybe an Indian burial ground. I dunno, but I'm eager to get back up there. That place is worth all the spoops. Thus ends all the Belle Plaine bro stories, thanks for coming everyone. I can post more pics, but most of them are just disjointed parts of this massive place.
>>
>>18085217
Look at this faggot. Muh muh raycism.... You should be happy that there are still racists in England, otherwise all of your country would resemble Londonistan.
>>
can we get a new thread?

>>18110152
>>>/pol/
>>
>>18110304
>>18110304
>>18110304
>>18110304
new one
>>
>>18094577
youre a little bitch
>>
>>18094503
There's a surprising number of them on /r9k/. Gotta fund the NEET life somehow.
>>
>>18108311
So do they say the curse thing just to fuck with you?
>>
>>18108269
donalsonville.. damn. That's some bad luck there. Would've only been worse if Moultrie. Glad you made it out
>>
>>18104742
Or you could fuck off back to a ghetto, where your kind belongs. Goddamn spook.
>>
>>18105308
Unless you're from some bumfuck nowhere Ukraine, or Moldova you'll never see something like this. You're making shit up.

T. A polack
>>
>>18110257
Abdul and Mohammed will go hard on your ass
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.