[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting tarot decks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: tabula-mundi-12009.jpg (150KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
tabula-mundi-12009.jpg
150KB, 250x382px
Do any of you know of any really cool off beat tarot decks? I just stumbled on the tabula mundi deck (not shilling it just looks fucking awesome). Unfortunately it comes out in october and I would have to ship it overseas. I can't read any decks besides rider-waite and thoth (a little) and most other decks I've seen are shit/non-magical. What are some good decks out now? I'm in Medellin so spanish decks are easy to get.

Pic related.
>>
Create a thread and no replies. Every fucking time.
>>
>>18078907
Fuck, have some patience.

I have been looking around but I haven't found good decks that retain the symbolism and correspondences the way the Rider-Waite deck does.

For instance, The Lovers:
http://www.innerlightsociety.org/university-press/university-books-6.jpg

Notice how the woman, symbolizing the subconscious, looks up into the divine, while the man (the conscious mind) tries to communicate directly with her to no avail (direct communication with the subconscious is generally not possible, which is why gnosis and rituals are needed to take your intention to the divine and have them manifest in reality). Compare this situation with the one in The Devil:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/RWS_Tarot_15_Devil.jpg

All the cards are full of this stuff. Correspondences with alchemy, kabbalah, astrology, even modern Jungian concepts. I bought the Thoth tarot because I like the art, but so far I don't find it as meaningful.

That pic related you posted does look nice. I'll take a look.
>>
>>18078654
>>18078987

Compare to the Tabula Mundi Lovers card:
http://www.tabulamundi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Lovers-Tabula-Mundi-Tarot.jpg

It makes no sense from an hermeticism point of view. I believe you can divine using almost anything because it actually comes from within you, but the Rider-Waite deck has such a complex and deep symbolism in it I find it difficult to top.
>>
File: hexen2.0.jpg (36KB, 236x384px) Image search: [Google]
hexen2.0.jpg
36KB, 236x384px
>>18078654
the hexen 2.0 deck is being re-released in november and i'm excited.

wait for the deck you mentioned if it piques your interest. it does look cool by the way.
>>
The night sun tarot deck is pretty aesthetically pleasing.
>>
Check out the O9A deck, H. P. Lovecraft deck, or the "Wild Unknown" (always liked its aesthetics)
>>
File: heart of evil tarot.jpg (300KB, 698x792px) Image search: [Google]
heart of evil tarot.jpg
300KB, 698x792px
I created a berserk tarot deck. I have about 32 cards so far, can you tell me what you think?
>>
File: settlement tarot.jpg (241KB, 662x740px) Image search: [Google]
settlement tarot.jpg
241KB, 662x740px
>>18080095
2/7

ill post 7 just so you can see them
>>
File: god hand tarot.jpg (313KB, 698x784px) Image search: [Google]
god hand tarot.jpg
313KB, 698x784px
God hand

4/7
>>
File: godo tarot.jpg (328KB, 692x792px) Image search: [Google]
godo tarot.jpg
328KB, 692x792px
5/7

godo
>>
File: baby tarot.jpg (268KB, 692x792px) Image search: [Google]
baby tarot.jpg
268KB, 692x792px
>>18080110
3/7
>>
File: griffith tarot.jpg (320KB, 716x1006px) Image search: [Google]
griffith tarot.jpg
320KB, 716x1006px
Griffith

6/7
>>
File: gASRTON TAROT.jpg (296KB, 692x862px) Image search: [Google]
gASRTON TAROT.jpg
296KB, 692x862px
7/7
>>
the Ritual Abuse tarot deck

http://imgur.com/a/R82iW
>>
File: BH08.jpg (37KB, 420x556px) Image search: [Google]
BH08.jpg
37KB, 420x556px
The Brain-Heart Tarot always caught my eye.
>>
>>18078654
I made my own deck based on a Harrower character from a Pathfinder FRP scenario. It's called a Harrow Deck.
>>
>>18080095
No rape horse card 0/10.
>>
File: Herbal Tarot.gif (308KB, 650x741px) Image search: [Google]
Herbal Tarot.gif
308KB, 650x741px
I find the Herbal one quite interesting.
From an ethnobotanical perspective, it's interesting to learn the lore and uses of the displayed plants and how they correlate to the card's usual interpretation
>>
Litterally, the best tarot deck you will ever use is one that you make, yourself.

I have cheated this both by using regular playing cards and just writing their definitions on them, and by mixing decks together.

Don't get a "Thoth" deck. I had a demon tell me to buy mine. It was a waste of money because Crowley is a douche.
>>
>>18078654
mlle. Lenormand tarot deck always gave me good results the few times I used it and is pretty easy to understand.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.