[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SETI found something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: wow .jpg (30KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
wow .jpg
30KB, 540x350px
it's happening ?

http://www.seti.org/seti-institute/a-seti-signal
>>
>>18078550
If you have to ask then it's not happening.
>>
File: the_great_silence.png (214KB, 1348x1086px) Image search: [Google]
the_great_silence.png
214KB, 1348x1086px
>>
post the signal, i want to listen to it.
>>
No.
>>
pff what a joke.
>>
File: zing.jpg (55KB, 440x460px) Image search: [Google]
zing.jpg
55KB, 440x460px
>>18078576
>>
>>18078574
Damn, that was truly spooky. I've never thought of it that way.
>>
You don't have to post this. No one is hiding it.

Stop talking about it.
>>
>>18078574
Those "laws" are retarded and typical fearmongering american bullshit.

The best case scenario is when everybody survives. There is no "us vs them" except in the mind of retarded subhumans such as the american people.
>>
File: erich-von-daniken.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
erich-von-daniken.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
It you admit that aliens are real you have to also admit that the old stories of them coming here and being called gods are True.

This is why they are soo scared of us knowing...
>>
>>18079486
Oh fuck me! Archaeologists are so gonna get free pussy.
>>
>>18079476
show me on the doll where an american touched you
>>
>>18079476
>typical fearmongering american bullshit
Oh, that explains the poster's Israeli flag, then.

Not very observant, are you? Or intelligent. Or polite.

Racist as fuck, though.
>>
>>18080107
Racist? Israelis and Americans are practically identical. Arrogant, self-important, ignorant murdering scum.
>>
>>18080107
I agree with you, except for Americans being a race
>>
>>18078550

It's not a repeatable broadcast.
>>
>>18078550
No it's just more sci-fi bullshit to distract you.
>>
>>18080130
Ahmad fuck off
>>
>>18079476

but is the nash equilibrium scenario. one that everyones follow their own self-interest, that is, the preservation of your own species

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma
>>
>>18080107
Xenophobic at best.
>>
File: 1472339584291.jpg (158KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472339584291.jpg
158KB, 640x720px
>>18079476
This.
>>18080170
Reread that wikipedia article again carefully. Each prisoner makes their decision without information from the other. That means you can't influence my decision.

If I want to choose to trust and embrace interstellar civilizations on the basis that I believe if they were intelligent, then they would be peaceful, since it's the logical saddle point to that particular nash equilibrium, then that's nobody else's choice but mine. You don't get to speak for all of humanity.

I choose to believe that xenophobia is the choice that indicates a lack of intelligence. Even so, I recognize that from within its own limited perspective, it appears to be correct. Many things in game theory are this way--with imperfect information, many strategies appear to be valid from within, yet invalid when viewed from an outsider's perspective. I name xenophobia as one of these situations.

Sometimes a leap of faith *IS* the logical thing to do. The benefits outweigh the costs, according to my value system.

You don't get to decide my value system for me. Fuck your prisoner dilemma. I choose NRDS > NBSI
>>
>>18079486
If you believe that people can fly then the stories of winged men and angels of old must be true.

Your logic is faulty.
>>
>>18078574
This post makes several assumptions that are unfounded.

1. It assumes that a species capable of relativistic travel isn't capable of colonizing other star systems, and hasn't been doing so for some time, thereby making the loss of a single planet inconsequential.

2. It assumes that one species has nothing to gain and absolutely everything to lose when becoming aware of another relativistic species.

3. It assumes that all systems of life are similar to that on Earth, and that our rules of social conduct and survival apply to them. It is very conceivable that a species could rise to the top of their food chain not through domination of other species, but through symbiotic relationships with them (in which case domination would be a bad strategy as you'd be killing your allies).

4. It ignores any culture of the alien species. Again, it is conceivable that a species could colonize several star systems without any type of conflict what-so-ever and become rich off of the resources contained in them.

We do not have the information needed to make the assumptions that this post makes, the only life we know about is Earth and it's irrational to believe that the same rules that govern us (aside from the rules of chemistry/thermodynamics, which as far as we know could be modified by a sufficient advanced species).
>>
File: 001-ford-f150-raptor-1.jpg (287KB, 750x372px) Image search: [Google]
001-ford-f150-raptor-1.jpg
287KB, 750x372px
>>18079476
BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.