[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritual growth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 14

File: 1460459520835.jpg (1MB, 1668x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1460459520835.jpg
1MB, 1668x1676px
>6 years ago
>Learn of chaos magic
>Create sigil for truth. Do a ritual and never do magic again
>2 years ago
>Read Tao teh Ching and it is the o ly philosophy that has ever really made sense to me
>Last week
>Find mindandmagick's YouTube channel
>As he described hermeticism it all clicked to me, especially the law of polarity

I feel as though I'm on the right path, but I don't feel very passionate towards ritual magic. Not that I don't like the self transformation aspect or anything, I just feel no connection when invoking angels, reading Hebrew, or lighting candles. I feel like anything I create is more powerful than anything prepackaged. Is this wrong.
>>
>>18076444
What is your sigil? I'm curious because I made one too and I want to see if your version of truth is similar to mine.
>>
Perhaps you should look into Druidic Magick.

There is no reading archaic languages or lighting candles. It is the simplest of magicks I have found. Mostly creating things like talismans and seeking balance with nature.
>>
>>18076454

It's burried somewhere in my subconscious. I have no clue what it looked like now.
>>
>>18076462
That's sad. This one is mine.

You really ought to introspect more on your findings and bring them into Reality, that my friend is the magic of magic.
>>
>>18076444
It's not wrong. Do your own thing. Whatever calls to you.

I also like Frater Xavier's explanations of the laws.
>>
>>18076472
It's not sad. You are supposed to forget sigils.
>>
>>18076482
>forgetting sigils
>forgetting the beings you've seen
>forgetting the lessons you've learned

Hmm. Is it supposed to be that way? If so, then why can't I seem to forget, why can't I move on from these things?

Why am I haunted by the piercing gaze of "That Which Calls Itself God"
Why do I still remember the song the "Woman of The Void" played?
Why do I still hear those screeching words, and those almond eyes and that which scorned my journey?

Perhaps forgetting is a coping method, perhaps forgetting is a way to build defense for the Ego. But for a man who has forgone this, who understand Identity and Ego are illusionary...perhaps it is simply not an option.
>>
>>18076459

This sounds more up my alley. I love nature/gardening. I'm even actively trying to become a farmer.

FYI I have less interest in spells/outcome than I do understanding the nature of reality.

Have any good resources for druidic magic?
>>
>>18076501

My understanding is that when you forget a sigil, it gets imprinted on your subconscious - which links with the collective consciousness. From there it manifests reality.

I don't think either method is right or wrong - if my studies teach me anything it's that all reality is subjective. Just do what works.
>>
Your innate essence is buddha nature.
"even the trees and grass will be enlightened"
It is good that you consider what comes from you to be higher than that outside because
"when there is a speck in your eye, you will see the world as a speck"
and
"when the doors of perception are cleansed, we will see things as they truly are"
>>
>>18076556

Thanks. I agree. It's not that I feel I am more powerful than others, I guess I just love authenticity. I love the Buddha too, but I can't follow it religiously as it's too mired in old Hindu mythology. I love the philosophy though. That's why the Tao makes sense to me - similar to Buddha, but less myth.
>>
File: 1460948983500.jpg (2MB, 2159x2256px) Image search: [Google]
1460948983500.jpg
2MB, 2159x2256px
Bumping with this sick pic I found on /x/
>>
>>18076501
What does the tetrahedron sigil signify?

It had a sphere around it with colors that you would see through a prism.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2MB, 2159x2256px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
2MB, 2159x2256px
>>18076751
fixed that for you
>>
>>18076847
The three pieces of the knot:
Body, Mind, Spirit,

The piece within represents the "Piece of Unity" within us all, The Snake is meant to be the Cosmos, never ending. The Spokes are "streams" that dig into The Snake, connecting all things within it to the inner circle. That inner circle is what I believe to be "Centris, Origin, Truth, God." or whatever you want to call it.

It's essentially saying that by being something of Body, Mind and Spirit, I house a little bit of that presence within me, as I am within it at the same time.

I am a piece of The Cosmos, experiencing other pieces of The Cosmos.

All together, the symbol forms a "Godhead.", similar to an "Eye of Providence"

The rainbow is simply meant to be a color allegory to "All living things, a compilation of All into a single Unity."
>>
>>18076444
I was much like you! First was various kinds of magick, then Nihilism, Epicureanism, Cynicism, and after some entheogenic soul searching I found that the answer was Buddhism! I recommend reading "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche as well as "Sidhartha" by Herman Hesse. Alan Watts has a book that serves as in introduction to Buddhism/Daoism/Zen that was pretty good. After that youll be ready to read sutras directly and follow the wisdom inside you down the path!
>>
>>18077939

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll take the reading into consideration. But I don't want to confine myself to a single religion.
>>
>>18078355
if you think buddhism is a religion, then you aren't doing buddhism correctly.

Buddhism is tied to taoism, qigong, real tai chi and energy work, eastern alchemy...that's magic, not religion.
>>
File: buddha.jpg (124KB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
124KB, 800x502px
>>
>>18078378

No. Just like Taoism, it can be followed as a religion (as many do) or philosophy. In the same way that I can follow the teachings of Christ, without calling myself a Christian.

Sorry, I don't mean to come off as argumentative, I just think the majority agree that Buddhism is definitely a religion and can be dogmatic. I guess that's what I want to avoid - unquestioned dogma.
>>
>>18078378
This is how I've been feeling for the last few weeks, can you point me towards any good books that elaborate on this?
>>
>>18078384

I never understood Siddhartha's enlightening. He claimed one should take a middle path - not being too ascetic or materialistic, but he reached enlightenment through starvation and hardcore asceticism. I always disliked this contradiction.
>>
There is a lot in this thread about religion and philosophy in correlation to spiritual growth, buy I have seen a comment worth a damn. Because there isn't one. Spiritual growth is a fallacy, there is no spirit to grow and the though that you ha e the power to grow anything let alone a spirit is absurd. Taoism is not a religion or a philosophy, it is a way of liberation, doesn't fall under the categories or western thought. In Sanskrit its called moksha. Its all based on the premise that I you try to do anything, you fail. Calling something good creates something bad, calling something ugly creates the recognition of beauty. Is and isn't produce each other, if one wants to be spiritually enlightened or superior to others or even their former self, then they cant be. Its not about spiritual growth, its about spiritual destruction, as long as a spirit is recognized, then it is isolates from the "body" and "mind", but they aren't different things, and they aren't you. To label is to limit, even the term everything creates the existence of nothing.
>>
File: a064_0.jpg (106KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
a064_0.jpg
106KB, 1000x708px
>>18076553
You are absolutely correct and the poster you are replying to is a delusional (although he probably dosnt know it) role player
>>
>>18078522

I feel as though you've gotten very worked up, and failed to make any point at all.
>>
>>18078522
>>18078538
Not so much worked up, just didn't edit.
And there is no point to make. By trying to make an point or assertion about the ultimate reality ends up being a lie, no matter what you try and say about it. We were grown by an unintelligent universe, so to trust our intelligence is illogical.
>>
>>18078549

I don't agree with your assessment. I'm not looking for purpose, just to pierce the veil.

I don't think we're meant to understand everything in this life, but I feel there is still more to learn. My experience points me in this direction, and I'm sorry you're has left you in some strange stalemate.
>>
>>18078580
There is no stalemate, that would imply two different entities, but thats not the case. As Chuang Tzu said "that which was one is one and that which is not one is also one." The position of Taoism is not one of action or knowledge, its saying that trying to understand the world in terms of words (arbitrary conventions) and to attempt to place our will upon it is not the "way". Its the difference between duality and relativity. The world doesn't operate in conventions, we use them to put the world into terms we can understand for social cooperation, but we get caught up in that and mistake the words for the real thing. To understand is to forget, the more words you try and give meaning to the more abstractions you create and the harder it is to see what is. First we must find ourselves, then we realize there is nothing else to look for.
>>
>>18078413

There is 2 ways of Enlightenment
The fuck it ill get it
And the nice great panoramic view
Many for the suicides you hear is about people who reach it the first way.
Whit the exceptional lucky bastard who reach it by accident.
Follow the Buddha teachings to survive enligmentm.
>>
>>18078875

>There is no stalemate, that would imply two different entities, but thats not the case.

It's ironic that you define your entire argument on this word(stalemate), yet explain how words cause such confusion.

Needlese to say, I don't think you're understanding my point. I simply see things differently. I respect and love the Tao, but i don't consider it to be the highest wisdom. Thus - basing all your arguments on the Tao (and being so cocksure of it) leaves us at a stalemate.

You don't seem to be helpful in why I started this discussion, and I don't see any point in you continuing on here.
>>
>>18078549
>We were grown by an unintelligent universe,
Awesome comment. A challenge then: make me a lettuce leaf. Or do I misunderstand?
>>
>>18076501
how do you know that "That Which Calls Itself God" is not an illusory spirit?

also
do you believe in the two opposing factions in the lines of "Brotherhood of eternal light" and "Sisterhood of the Void" on the astral planes as representing two opposing forces of the Universe?
>>
File: yin yang fish.jpg (185KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
yin yang fish.jpg
185KB, 960x960px
>>18076444
>I feel like anything I create is more powerful than anything prepackaged. Is this wrong.

Hey OP. I don't think it's wrong. I think a lot of us incarnating now have been through lifetimes of rigid adherence to systems. While they can be useful and ultimately liberating, personally I feel the need to explore without being tied down.

However, I do think it is useful to continue to study as much as I can about other systems. And also to keep an eye open for the ego trap of thinking we know it all.

One of the criticisms of new age-ism is that it is eclectic, but it can also be one of its strengths. We live in a time where worldwide communication allows us to study Chinese Taoism and South American Shamanism and Western magic, etc. Who is to say that something truly new and important couldn't come from this melting pot?
>>
>>18079584
Do you want to be transformed into a lettuce leaf, or simply to be provided magically with one?
>>
>>18079610

how do you fight with you pride?
>>
>>18076444

Now read Chuang Tzu.
>>
Why re-invent the wheel? Why make your own system of magic? You speak English, do you not? Is there not an advantage to be found in using a language that has evolved over the years to fit our modern needs instead of making shit up? Not to mention, using conventional language allows us to be understood by others -- sure, you could worship pony tulpas but isn't that gonna be difficult to explain? Hasn't your mind already been primed to accept certain symbols as more meaningful than others? Even shamans, often perceived as the ultimate chaotes, pass down knowledge from generation to generation. Not to mention, what about the collective conscious/unconscious? The traditions of the past are literally in our genetic code.
>>
>>18079622
Hey that's my line! "Daddy, make me a pizza." "ZAP! You're a pizza!"
"Daddy..."
Those magical moments where your 7 year old begins to learn that Daddy makes lame jokes and will probably be an embarrassment for the rest of their life.

But I was enjoying your writing and was struck by this phrase; care to say more? I could assume you meant the universe was a kind of blind mechanism on autopilot, with intelligence as it's progenitor, or I could just ask...
>>
>>18079624
Talk to people. Whenever I'm feeling like I know it all, someone will come along to remind me I don't.
>>
>>18079641
With any given system there is a rise and a fall; a period in which it is pure and many find the way through it, followed by a period of decay in which nearly all its truths become as lies.

We live in an age in which there is no predominant system undergoing a "golden age" period. However, we also have access to the successful systems of the past in a way no other generation has. All of these systems point toward the same universal Truth, and by understanding their varying languages we can compare and contrast them, find out which parts are of the genuine root and which parts are signs of decay, and come to an understanding of the common thread that unites them all, which can become the basis for any variety of personal systems.
>>
>>18076444
>chaos magick
>sigil
>YouTube
This is a promising ylyl thread.
>>
>>18076444
>Read Tao teh Ching and it is the o ly philosophy that has ever really made sense to me
You don't need to understand it to appreciate it. You will see the duality of all things and realize the tao is nothing more than what you place in it.
>>
File: Renard - Come Get Some - cover.png (675KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Renard - Come Get Some - cover.png
675KB, 1000x1000px
Everyone experiences magic differently because it is not a part of "shared reality".

You need to follow your heart, not some old, dusty book.

That said, things that seem fairly universal, probably also apply to you.
It is important not to go alone. To follow the secret knowedge of the True Path alone is to inevitably decent into insanity.

At the Bhudist Temple that I go to, women are not allowed to study the tantra. So, as Kundalini yoga is becoming a bit of a fad (not sure what I was thinking in my past life when I "brought yoga to the West") there is a woman there who would just sit and writhe and go on spiritual ventures while the rest of us are praying, listening to the lecture, whatever.

in the last couple weeks, it has gotten to the point where she is having constant orgasms and no one can get her to stop.

The teacher called upon the demon within me to protect him from her indecency, and I'm not sure yet if it worked, but I have mixed feelings about the way that I installed her with shame. I guess that me making me hate herself is less offensive the golden states than, say, having physically force her from not attending service.
>>
>>18081874
>arrogant
>mocking
>ungenerous

kys anytime
>>
So I think I've got a bunch of negative energy inside of me. Are there ways of dealing with it other than daily meditation?
>>
>>18082020

Go on walks in the woods. Do things that make you feel useful. Spend time with people who don't make you feel like a freak.

You need someone to believe in you. The darkness will lessen when you stop feeding it.
>>
>>18082492
This. Being outside in nature is the single best thing you can do.

And doing things that make you feel useful is way up there as well. Particularly if it helps other people, but that's not essential. Do something creative, fix something, tidy a room, paint and decorate, do a space clearing ritual, doesn't have to be too technical, make something up or google it for suggestions, or ask here.

Give yourself a makeover. Hair, clothes, make a big difference to where we are putting our attention and energy. Get someone who knows about this stuff to help you.

Have a plan for the future. Sit quietly and ask the question, what do I see for two years in the future? Then repeat with 5 years, and 10 years. If you come up with something positive, first write it down, second, plan a 'next step' that you will take to get it started, and a 'by when' for you to do your next step. Otherwise it all gets forgotten and no action gets taken.

And help your bodymind/emotions by getting enough sleep and eating healthily. If you smoke weed, stop. It's the biggest buzzkill there is. Weed kills joy, hope, and ambition.

If your negative energy is anger, you may need to find out what caused it. All the above still applies, as it shifts your being towards health, self-healing and positivity.
>>
>>18079641

I simply can't "feel" kabbalah magic. Chanting in Hebrew when I abhor abrahamic religions. Now if I simply did this in English, maybe.
>>
File: muslims-praying-at-kabah.jpg (507KB, 700x469px) Image search: [Google]
muslims-praying-at-kabah.jpg
507KB, 700x469px
>>18082989
Power comes when you get OTHERS to do the rituals you establish. Understand?
>>
>>18083051
Clarification: that is only one configuration of power. By "come" what I mean is "concentrate."
>>
>>18083051
Like movies and television.
>>
File: Virat_ruta.jpg (70KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
Virat_ruta.jpg
70KB, 500x656px
>no mention of the Bhagavad Gita

Definitely a must read if you are serious about genuine spirituality. Be sure it is the version translated by Srila Prabhupada.
>>
File: 1472624212263.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1472624212263.gif
1MB, 303x307px
>>18083199
Imagine what the human world must look like, from an outside perspective.

You go from village to village, viewing these people doing the tasks they need to survive for the day, while engaging in various pleasures in between, caring, sleeping, growing, fighting, and learning from each other.

Then you get to these vast areas where all that's still happening, but there's one more activity;

Masses of millions of humans, all focusing their attention on a few, who guide them with waves of a hand, and strange vocal frequencies that they practice in their rooms alone, hundreds of times before giving a public display. I do believe an outsider, who wasn't familiar with mundane human activities such as television and prayer could be convinced that they are witnessing some kind mind control technology.

But of course, we know that's preposterous. We engage in these mass concentration of consciousness activities because we feel that we want to, of our own free will.
>>
>>18083253
That's rock n roll.
>>
>>18083395
Sure. Or Friendship and Magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2UhUtBzxHM

It's been rebranded into just about every avenue of entertainment at this point.
>>
>>18082011
Lmao whatchu gon do, blood? Cast lighnin bolts n shit?
>>
>>18082011
You first, enlarged burning anus man.
>>
>>18082989
If it helps, understanding Abrahamic mysticism (Kabbalah) will show you just how corrupted the religious understanding of their sacred texts really is. Genesis reads more like a Hindu scripture when you really know how to read it.
>>
>>18076444
>>>18083253

Not rock and roll at all, actually. Have you ever kept a community of insects as a pet?
>>
>>18083680
Terrible analogy. What entertainers do with television is more like this. Pic related.
>>
>>18083476
>>18083475

I just don't see the point in the original comment. Why mock? What's the point, unless you're trying to lead someone to deeper truths?

It's wholly unnecessary. And btw "lel youtube" is not a legitimate criticism. It's like saying "lel a book"—it's a retarded comment.

You both seem somewhat triggered. Sorry if I offended.
>>
>>18076444
trips op withyoutube plug

look at numeric/hebrew study learn that instead of ritual

with te ching, find some materials of the actual characters written (there is a few copies used from different sources for different reasons, written differently) and get the translations for every character.

just copy out your own record of translations and tables - a compendium.

the hebrew text numerology is pretty deep but will give you an intro into the relationships of language, characters and numerics.

Everything talks about very similar phenomenon, sometimes the most important stuff seems simple and overlooked by many early on.

then explore geometry and use the systems you've recorded to explore each other. english characters are point-plane diagrams, for instance.

the same patterns are in everything, change is needed and yet made possible by "existence".

crossreferencing will give you new insights.
>>
>>18083902
to clarify - made possible insofar as its expression that we percieve.
>>
>>18083902
>hebrew text numerology
Awwwww yeeeeeah, that's what I was talkin' about in >>18083631

Carlo Suares is an excellent author on the subject.
>>
Really great suggestions so far. Thank you, everyone.

Seems I have a lot of reading to do.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445942411638.jpg (32KB, 574x417px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445942411638.jpg
32KB, 574x417px
>>18083253
Heavy stones
>>
>>18083775
>triggered
Learn what the word means first and then get back to me. It applies more to you then it does me.

>YouTube is not a genuine criticism
You must be the proprietor of those videos with disabled comments and ratings because you get mad that people point out your bullshit and make meanie comments about them.
>>
>>18085420

>It's days later and this dude is still commenting.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.