[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortality Theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: afro-american hole.jpg (770KB, 2500x1407px) Image search: [Google]
afro-american hole.jpg
770KB, 2500x1407px
I've gathered that if one were to somehow orbit just outside a black holes event horizon, then time would technically slow enough to make one basically immortal. However, we do not have the technology to do so, nor engines that can travel faster than the speed of light to reach escape velocity if we were ever to leave /orbit one. Am I wrong on this? Do you guys have any theorires?
>>
>>18072244
Time is subjective and relative. If we were to orbit a black hole, nothing would change from our perspective. We would age and die just like normal, only the universe would be going by faster. Look up time dilation. It could be used to travel into the future, but not the key to immortality.
>>
>>18072255
I was told an analogy that, if you were to hold one clock, and drop another into a black hole (somehow monitoring both), the clock dropped would slow down more and more as it approached the event horizon, and that the bend in time would literally slow down time for you.
>>
>>18072266
>>18072255
twin paradox
>>
>>18072266
>>18072271
You're correct, but I think you misunderstand exactly what is inferred when 'more time has passed' for the object constrained by less mass.

It's all about special relativity and the reference frame. You age slower at a constant rate of speed through the vaccum of space in reference to somebody stationary on earth, yes, but you too are still aging at a constant rate, and will still die at around the average of that of a human life, only the rest of the universe is still aging, just much faster relative to you.

You're essentially putting the universe on fastforward while you age normally.
>>
I am very interested in Grail Legend and its source in Alchemy and the ancient mythologies of Mesopotamia.

These all have in common tales of the Elixir of Life which gives humanity Longevity.
>>
>>18072297

For example Gilgamesh went in search of the Immortality of the gods when his friend Enkidu died. He learned that Utnapishtim was given long life because of his bloodline. Gilgamesh also claimed to be descendant from the anunna gods.

Alchemy has the Philosopher Stone which is said to transmute metals into gold but is also an ingredient in the Creation of the Elixir of Life.

Jesus at the Last Supper showed us this Grail. The Eucharist. Known also as the Water of Life and Bread of Life. This is the same as the food that the gods ate which gave them their long lives. Jesus did say he wanted us to have the Eternal Life.
>>
There is a really old Sumerian Myth about Adapa's refusal of Immortality.

Its said that Adapa was taken to Nibiru to go before the King Anu. He was sent there by Enki with his two sons Dumuzi and Ningishzidda.

Adapa was brought to the King and there was a feast in his honor. Adapa was given clothes that he wore but when offered to eat the Bread of Long Living and drink of the Elixir of life he refused.

Anu was confused as to why and later he learned that his son Enki Instructed Adapa not to eat from the table and the offerings.

Enki knew that if he did eat that he would have the same long lives as them.
>>
The Lord of the Garden from the OT was the Anunnaki Enlil.

He didnt want us to eat this fruit. He was already upset that we partook in the fruit of knowledge.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Genesis 3:22

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

Sumerian Tablet:

Now the last bits of our life essence to these creatures you have given,
To be like us in procreation knowing, perchance our life cycles on them to bestow!
Thus did Enlil with angry words speak.
Enki Ninmah and Ningishzidda summoned, with words Enlil to pacify.
My lord Enlil! Ningishzidda was saying. Knowing for procreation they were given,
The branch of Long Living, to their essence tree was not!
>>
>>18072244

Black holes are just qwark particles, it's what you get if you split light.

If you want immortality I suggest looking into the esotheric/occult, it's not that science is wrong about particle theory, it's mostly right, but they lack the means to apply it personally.
>>
File: super_retard.jpg (28KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
super_retard.jpg
28KB, 499x376px
>>18072623
>Spliting photons gives you quarks and in turn black holes.
>Applying particle theory to achieve immortality through the occult.
>>
>>18072266
No, time would not slow down for you. It would seem like time has increased for everyone else.
>>
>>18072623
>Black holes are just qwark particles, it's what you get if you split light.
Knowing the modern scientific community, that's probably a load of shit.

I'll trust a bum begging for beer money before I trust the scum peddling this modern religion.
>>
I more curious about death theories. why do our self-repairing soul-holders degrade over time despite my taking care of it and feeding it properly? Are they like shitty computers designed to fail or what gives?
>>
>>18072623
>>18072698

>give science some cred for not being completely wrong and this is what you get back

Then you wonder why people in the occult/paranormal wont take part in scientific studies.
>>
>>18072715
apoptosis
>>
File: Shiggy.jpg (40KB, 424x289px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy.jpg
40KB, 424x289px
>>18072740
>Look how enlightened and open-minded I am by stating "Science is not COMPLETELY wrong."...i'm untouchable now...

>Implying that "occultists" are self-critical and rigorous enough to become mathematicians/scientists.
Go play with your sigils and tarot cards, ya dum dum.
>>
>>18072255
I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I heard time wouldn't go "same" for you, but rather extend like elastic band? So you be able to get x more time than you have, even though you wouldn't feel the slow down?
>>
>>18072244
as long as you stay outside the event horizon, you don't actually need futuretech. our current tech level is good enough. also, outside the event horizon the escape velocity is far below lightspeed.

however, this does not help you. while you will outlive the rest of the universe, it will not increase your experienced time alive. it is like trying to be imortal by going into stasis: you do last forever, but you miss out on the time in the middle.
>>
>>18073001
Time is longer in comparison to the rest of the universe.
Imagine time dilation like size dilation, as in you and your ship both stretch to near infinitely large as you near the event horizon of a black hole.
Now yes, you are much, much bigger than someone on Earth, however because your whole environment is under the same preassure as you, you won't be big for your shirt, or ship, etc.

So imagine time the same way, 6 years becomes 60 million in the rest of the universe, but 6 years will still pass in your ship.
Your actual life, if you can count seconds in your head accurately, will take the same number of counts as it would on Earth. Just relative to everyone else that will be an incredibly long time.
>>
>>18072945
>muh learned scientists
>>
We are all quasi immortal anyway. Google quantum immortality. Then think of all those times you narrowly escaped death.

It's a fascinating concept the aknowledgement of which has completely changed my mind.
>>
>>18073001
You heard wrong.
>>
>>18075510
Quantum immortality is bullshit in the way you are understanding it.
Death doesn't have a place in that kind of science, and accounting for death and/or unbirth is the only way to explain it, and the number are so astronomically hard to calculate that a result could never be calculated.
>>
>>18073001
That's right, it's called Xeno's Paradox, and is actually the conceptual basis for realistic time travel
>>
File: 4_Flying_Dutchman_Pyle.gif (62KB, 260x392px) Image search: [Google]
4_Flying_Dutchman_Pyle.gif
62KB, 260x392px
>>18072297

"The moon is close. It will be a long hunt tonight. If the beasts loom large, and threaten to crush your spirits, seek the Holy Chalice. As every hunter before you has. A Holy Chalice will reveal the tomb of the gods, ...where hunters partake in communion..."
"Most of the Holy Chalices lie deep within the tomb of the gods. And the few that found their way to the surface... Were lost again in the hands of men. But if the old hunter tales remain true... ...one of the Holy Chalices is worshipped in the valley hamlet. Yet the town is in disarray... It was burned and abandoned, for fear of the scourge, home now only to beasts. The perfect place for a hunter, wouldn't you say?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.