[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on demons? To me there are only 3 explanations:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: dad.png (110KB, 453x567px) Image search: [Google]
dad.png
110KB, 453x567px
What are your thoughts on demons?

To me there are only 3 explanations:

>1. Demons are real and all religions are somewhat right, as supernatural forces fight against the demons.

OR

>2. Demons are fake and any feeling of expelling a demon from a person or a house is just a psychological trick.

OR

>3. Demons are real, but religion is wrong. However, centuries of battling demons with positive energies by people who believed in their religion more than anything have instilled a deep fear of all religious symbols and practices into demons. Thus, they flee when challenged by a religious exorcism.

I'm leaning towards 3 desu
>>
>>18070946
Mixture of one and three.
Gods are real and and their powers are too, through ways which were more or less untaught to humans, faith in religions as it once was as compared to these days had a different meaning. Regardless demons also require this but lets just say to fear something you have to have complete faith it can harm you.
Christian god may or may not be real, but he did not create the world or the universe
>>
Saying something definite about them is impossible because, by nature, they don't have a material presence. Thus, everything we say about them will be nothing but conjecture.

I do think the most rational explanation comes from Jung's work, where they would be manifestations of the collective unconscious. Basically, quirks of the basic structure of the human psyche.

Mind you, I'm not hostile to more exotic explanations. Human perception is far from perfect, there might be a lot we don't know about because we just can't perceive it. But any explanation relying on things we can't perceive would by nature be little but the fantasy of the person putting the theory forward. The strength of Jung's theory is that it relies on empirical observation and data.
>>
>>18070946
Our reality is a spiritual school. Every ying has its yang. Very simple Light vs dark. You fill in the blanks, it helps to know we aren't the only sentient beings in this multiverse and the negative faction has its agenda and some have very high technological and apritual understanding. Also after we are done woth our flesh bodies we do not die, for more complete truth look into the law of one.
>>
File: InwJbP.jpg (171KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
InwJbP.jpg
171KB, 1024x1024px
It's a bad idea to fuck with some beings.
>>
>>18071065

>>>/b/
>>
File: 901239613487650134968314.png (150KB, 435x349px) Image search: [Google]
901239613487650134968314.png
150KB, 435x349px
>>
pineal warriors on youtube would have us believe that the demons are reptilians from another dimension using technology to shift us into their reality
>>
>>18070946
Demons don't give a shit about religious artifacts, the possessed do. The rites of exorcism empower the possessed to drive the demon out themselves, even if neither they nor the exorcist realize this is what's going on.
>>
>>18071332
What about all the reported cases of demons destroying or displacing religious iconography? Crucifixes falling off walls are reported in many cases of a demonic entity being present, before they even possess anybody.

To me that shows a clear desire to not have religious stuff around them, but I guess you could interpret that as wanting to unnerve the people being tormented.
>>
Let's say the lore of doom games actually derives from ancient text that were shown to the programmers by a god to make into a game played by millions in a way to be understood what's at stake and were all still just thinking it's a cool AAA game. Coincidence I think not
>>
>>18071494
More or less the second option in my understanding. I should clarify that I'm not saying the icons or rites are merely psychological supports; they bring the individual's consciousness toward their concept of deity, and this state is undesirable to the demon.

On a related note, I'm also of the understanding that demons have no power on the material plane unless working through a human as an intermediary. In cases where there are physical phenomena present before full possession, I'd still consider it a partial possession, even if only of the subconscious.
>>
>>18071081
but pre-science baseless assumptions (aka superstitions) are the poing of this board
>>
>>18070946
Mostly 1
> Demons are real and all religions are somewhat right,

And
>>18071009
>Jung's work, where they would be manifestations of the collective unconscious

And
>>18071601
>bring the individual's consciousness toward their concept of deity, and this state is undesirable to the demon.

I've felt things in people's energy body which appear to be small individual entities. They 'attach' themselves to the person and seem to get energy from this. They hide, try to blend in and mask their presence, and some can create quite skillful deceptions about what they are. They can set up thoughtforms about them being needed by the host person. Basically, they lie. To see them for what they are begins to loosen their attachment. I believe this is the basis of the idea that naming demons gives you power over them.

Having said that, I don't know if these minor entities are technically demons. They fit the bill for being small, parasitic, unpleasant 'creatures' which affect an individual. On a much bigger scale I have felt some people have such a strong level of a particular emotion or quality e.g. anger that they are connected to a bigger, more general field of 'anger'.

In the sense in which Jung described the collective mind, humans feed an emotional reservoir. If we experience a particular emotion ourselves, we risk tapping into this reservoir to a greater or less degree, and being affected by it. I've heard of other people talk about how these larger fields work as if they have consciousness but I haven't experienced that directly myself.
>>
>>18071698
>>>18071601
>>bring the individual's consciousness toward their concept of deity, and this state is undesirable to the demon.

This works because anything which reminds us of our true nature strengthens our energy and brings the light of our own Presence into our field. That which is not of ourselves is more easily visible and hence more easily moved.

This can be used if you are working with someone who has something attached to them. If you can be fully aware of an entity and hold the site of its attachment in the light of the person's Self, that area has a chance to change and loosen the attachment. The parasite will resist this, and will try to use your own perception against you; it may try to divert your attention away from a specific area. The cleverer ones can use your own psyche against you and attempt to divert your attention to one of your own neuroses. The idea of keeping your attention on the Divine/source/center is very important.

When the entity is loosened it may just clear the person's system although that can be a trick as well, if they have kept some attachment and are able to just come back in. You can ask for help, and sometimes this arrives spontaneously anyway. There are 'workers', like a clean-up crew, who may take hold of the entity and remove it. These little beings are I believe what esoteric literature calls devas. I'm not sure how much of their function is automatic and how much needs to be requested.

Bottom line is, if you are working with any kind of healing and you think there is a negative entity present in someone's field, be careful. If in doubt don't mess with it.
>>
IMO Demons vary. Some are stark raving mad beasts, some are like "yeah whatever" and perfectly normal by human standards, some are just eldritch and unexplainable.
>>
All demons are human.
>>
Has anyone gone down the rabbit hole as a consequence of meeting a "demon" entity?
>>
Interdimensional visitors. Can include a wide variety of creatures from different realities.
>>
>>18071698
>>18071728
We're in full agreement, then. I just lack the experience to back up my understandings so I didn't go into that much detail.
>>
>>18072764

yeah had astral sex with one was really good but it cost me some energy
>>
>>18070946
its 4. things exist beyond your comprehension and they dont have to be nice just like people some might be helpful and others might want to watch the light fade from your as you exhale your last breath
>>
>>18070946
Wew
/x/ is full of superstitious tards
>>
>>18071011
>ying
>>
>>18073767
you understand
>>
2. Because people are gullible.
>>
All three, and more.
>>
>>18073767

most things can die tho rite
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.