[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Universe is so big , at some point things start repeating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: p02pkxly.jpg (168KB, 1600x648px) Image search: [Google]
p02pkxly.jpg
168KB, 1600x648px
So there could be someone exactly like you out there , and your worst nightmare probably exist somewhere ... what are you afraid of ?
>>
>>18070347
>babby's first attempt at philosophy
>>
>>18070347
Only if your worst nightmare is possible.
>>
File: 1445370322658.jpg (23KB, 490x394px) Image search: [Google]
1445370322658.jpg
23KB, 490x394px
>>18070347
>>
The universe might be infinite in size but the amount of matter in the universe is definitely finite. So no, everything you can imagine doesn't exist.

Even if there was an infinite amount of mass, something being infinite doesn't fucking mean that everything exists.
>>
>>18070347
but what about Pi
>>
>>18072572
did laugh thank
>>
>>18070347
I wanna see two galaxies mergin into one super galaxy.

Maybe in another life.
>>
>>18070347
of you not realizing that our universe is not a size of a Googolplex
>>
File: merging galaxies.jpg (2MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
merging galaxies.jpg
2MB, 3000x2400px
>>18070347
What you are thinking of has been coined as the Quilted Multiverse by Brian Greene.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/24/132932268/a-physicist-explains-why-parallel-universes-may-exist

Here's a vid explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmymkCFYt8

The big thing to remember is that due to the current understanding of how things work, there is absolutely zero chance of encountering or interacting with these multiverse in any way.

>>18073333
Checked, and while you're right the way you stated it is misleading. If the Quilted Multiverse is true, then every POSSIBLE arrangement of matter exists.

>>18073336
You are aware that pi is a finite amount, right? It is a specific ratio and is not infinite. What is infinite and without repetition is the decimal representation of pi.

>>18073354
Here's a pic, you can probably find better ones.
>>
>>18073333
>The universe might be infinite in size but the amount of matter in the universe is definitely finite. So no, everything you can imagine doesn't exist.

yes it does... if there is infinite space, that means there is infinite possibility...
I know its hard for your pre-pubescent brain to comprehend, but when you are about 15 years older (you should be about 27 by that time) your brain will be able to comprehend things like this
>>
>>18073518
but what is "POSSIBLE"?
>>
>>18073540
wew lad
>>
>>18073540
Even if both matter and space are infinite, within a finite amount of space there are a finite number of combinations of matter. So if you take something like the Hubble Volume (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubble_volume - 10^31 cubic light years) and determine all the various ways matter can be arranged (lets say 10 googleplex combos), then in the Quilted Multiverse hypothesis, there are an infinite number of Hubble Volumes, and each of those 10 googleplex combos would appear an infinite number of times among them.

Think like a deck of cards - each finite Hubble Volume is it's own deck. There are an infinite number of decks, but there are 8.06e67 possible ways to arrange that deck. That's a large number, but it is infinitesimal compared to "infinity." Which means the deck arrangement we live in IS GUARANTEED TO EXIST SOMEWHERE ELSE.

There is an EXACT copy of you that did the EXACT same things in life. There are an infinite number. There are also (in this example) 8.06e67 possible variations of you (or rather the matter that makes up you - some combinations might not result in "you."). But you will never meet or interact with them.

>>18073549
Things allowed by the laws of physics (whether we properly understand those laws or not).
>>
>>18073540
>if I keep rolling a die, I will eventually roll a 7
>>
>>18073568
nothing is 100%
>>
>>18073574
If both space and matter are infinite, there is literally no other conclusion to come to.
>>
File: d8-speckled-cobalt.png (35KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
d8-speckled-cobalt.png
35KB, 150x150px
>>18073572
Sorry to be a nerdy pedant, but you should specify a 6-sided die.
>>
>>18070347
I'm not afraid of it, I'm just glad that somewhere out there, I'm with my waifu and someday I'll reincarnate into that me.
>>
>>18070347
If the universe starts repeating, then it really isn't infinite.
>>
>>18073651
The universe isn't repeating. The combinations matter can take repeat. That's why they call it Quilted Multiverse. Like a quilt, there are repeating patches in a single quilt.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.