/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys believe in good and bad luck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Shamrock.jpg (6KB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
Shamrock.jpg
6KB, 300x282px
If so, why?
What makes you believe that these things exist? Have you had any related experiences?
>>
>Good luck thread
>posts THREE leaf clover
>ON 4CHAN
>>
Unavoidable fate.
Being somewhere constantly at the wrong time.
Butterfly effect.
Actual, literal rng in games.
Russian roulette.

Other examples I'm sure, but it's obvious to me that it's real.
>>
File: image.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>18061492
>>
>>18061524
Have you experienced good or bad luck?
>>
>>18061457
Coincidences can be interpreted as good or bad luck, sure. I dont think, that there is anything supernatural about this and everybody who is easily impressed by coincidences is just really gullible and naive
>>
>>18061566
Mainly bad luck. It's really about the mood you have. I'm more depressed now so I see much more bad luck. It's coincidence in the end as >>18061585
Said.

Everytime I start trying to see a girl (successfully) my job (navy) jumps up in work insanely. One example is that a girl I saw for two weeks got to fuckin the first day. The next day my ship gets called out to serve an eleven month deployment.

Another example is after this one recent girl, we've had four(!!) Fires on the ship and two h2s leaks. This started on Sunday and I started seeing this new girl.on saturday.

This has happened with about seven girls now within five years (I'm a shut in so I don't date much) and it's pretty annoying.

I have many examples of this. However, it's generally chalked up to coincidence. I just gave up on going for women for two years about until this one and guess what happened haha.
>>
>>18061604
That's really interesting to hear, I wondered how many real answers I would get. Glad to hear you're with her now. Do any of you wonder if there is someone out there who has good and bad luck balanced out so they choose the bad things that happen to them so they have control over the good?
>>
>>18061651
Do you mean this in a karma sort of way? Like, if you endure some bad shit, the world owes you some luck?

>>18061585 here, and my answer would be, that it is all a matter of how you look at it. I guess really optimistic people can go through life without thinking they have bad luck at all. I also think this attitude will actually "attract" more positive outcomes since you are more likely to try things, when you believe the result might be good
>>
>>18061651
Like I said earlier, I feel as though it turns out how you make it. A person beaming with hope, happiness etc will be more inclined to good luck. Someone negative will not only gather bad luck, but force those sad opportunities on themselves.

It's like sperging out in front of a girl. You may already look bad and sound shitty, but you saying that you hate Asians to her when she's Chinese is on you.

Just focus on being happier and all that and good luck will follow.

I'm inclined to being depressed so I recieve bad luck along with making bad choices that leads to bad luck.

Whoops.
>>
>>18061689 you
>>18061698 me

Nice. We stand similar on it.

I think karma.is real in doing good deeds = good luck. This also leads to the positivity aspect. If someone by chance sees you helping a kiddo with a cat in the tree, they may reward you somehow.

Alternatively, if you shoot the cat and spit in the kids face, the bad luck could take form of someone watching you do that then throwing you in jail or something for example.
>>
File: Jesus.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
"An old man was living with his son at the top of a hill. One day, he lost a horse. The neighbors all came to express their sympathy at this bad luck, but the old man said, "How do you know this isn't good luck?"

A little later, the horse came back and with it were some superior wild horses. The neighbors all congratulated the old man on his good fortune, but he said, "How do you know this isn't bad luck?"

With so many horses, the son began riding, andone day he fell off and broke his leg. The injury left him with a bad limp. Again the neighbors came to sympathize, but the old man said, "You never know - this may be good luck."

Another year passed, and a war came. All the able-bodied young men had to go to war, and many died. The son, because of his bad leg, was saved.

In this way, what seems to be good luck may really be bad and what seems to be bad luck, good.

- from Li Zi (Leih-tzu), adapted from 'The Importance of Living' by Lin Yutang
>>
>>18061710
'judge not that ye be not judged'
>>
>>18061457
Remember a while ago there was a theory (probably debunked by now) a while go that Humans, at least on the atomic scale, can affect reality? That's what good or bad luck is to me. Usually things go in my favor whenever I think about it a lot.
>>
>>18061710
Yeah!
I guess "just be excellent to each other" is a great motto to follow, even if it would never awards you with anything directly
>>
>>18061689
Maybe something like this.

But what you guys think about irony in life?
Happens very often, some karma shit?
>>
>>18061457
Bad luck? No, not really. Good luck on finding some though
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
>>18061457
I think "luck" is just a way to explain some things that are unexplainable
The human being needed a word/way to explain some things "luck" or blame something else
"Bad luck"
Sorry for bad English :^)
-pic not related
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.