[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird thing happening to my front door

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Porch-1.jpg (44KB, 450x340px) Image search: [Google]
Porch-1.jpg
44KB, 450x340px
I am not saying paranormal weird, and I am not sure I really even believe such things - but my front door keeps opening itself.

I live in a terrace house (dont know the American equivalent, but like a row of houses all joined) and have a porch and then about 3 feet in a front door. I lock both when I go out (obviously)

About 1 in every 10 times I come back (sometimes from work, sometimes from going away a couple of days) the porch door (the furthest outside) is still locked, but the front door is open a crack.

I have looked and looked at the door and lock and I really cannot see anything faulty with it. It isnt loose at all, I cannot open it with any amount of force (without the key).

If it was once or twice I would think I didnt shut it properly but its all the time. If loads of other things like this were happening I might think Im having some kind of mental breakdown but its only this. Also 4 or 5 times the porch door has been *wide* open but then the front door is locked. Once I heard the door absolutely slam in the middle of the night. By the time I had grabbed a truck breaker bar and shambled downstairs nobody there but door was open, assumed it was just some drunk fucking around.

Last thing is 4 or 5 times the doorbell has rung but when I get to the door nobody there. The street is pretty open, its not impossible for someone to do it and run inside quickly, but they would have to be in the next 2 or 3 houses to me.

Nothing else weird has happened. I dont get any "bad vibes", although I dont know I would be especially sensitive to it if there was. Ive lived here about 8 months now and its happened the whole time, never had a problem like it before (ie forgetting to lock my door isnt something I habitually do)

pic unrelated (insofar as it isnt my door...)
>>
install a camera
>>
Put a box in front of it on the outside, something that will prevent it from opening, then see if it still opens.
>>
>>18056951
Change the lock, maybe somebody has a copy of the keys.
>>
>>18056996
I know that seems logical, but nothing is ever missing or disturbed. And if someone was getting in, why would they leave the door open?
>>
>>18056951
Pour a bunch of flour on the floor to see footprints!
>>
>>18057004
he could also stand behind the door butt naked and stroke his dick so when the door opens he can shoot his cum straight ahead
>>
>>18056999
I really can't speculate why they leave the door open. But if you change the lock and the door stays closed you'll have one less problem to deal with. If it keeps opening then you could do this >>18056989 and see what happens. I hope you can solve your door dilemma!
>>
OP if your door is still locked, but open, its clearly not being unlocked to be open.
This isn't someone who just has a copy of the key fucking with you.

If its still locked, yet open, theres really only one further explanation, the bolt inside the lock is somehow extracting itself from the casing without unlocking, and then the door is opening due to wind or whatever.

First check the strikeplate and the bolt to ensure that the bolt is going into the strike plate properly, check the hole inside the door frame studding, is there anything stuck in there preventing the bolt from sliding all the way in?

Ultimately, replace the door lock (including the strikeplate and perhaps reboring the door casing for a steel receiver for the bolt), and then re-hang the door. While youre doing all this check for water damage to see if theres anywhere that the wood could be swelling and shrinking due to water intrusion.

Also:
>>/diy/

Once you've taken care of all the normal terrestrial shit that is 99% likely to be the cause of this, then come back and tell us about ghosts.
>>
Is there a neighbor you can trust OP? Ask them to keep an eye out for anyone suspicious around your house while you're out
>>
>>18057037
Well, OP never said it was a ghost. And as you say it's very likely that the cause is "terrestrial". And ultimately as you sadly might know maybe OP is just RPing.
Anyways, hello /diy/, that was a very informative!
>>
I'd lean towards kids screwing around for the doorbell and the temperature of the house for the inside door
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.