[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what does /x/ think happened to the lost colony of Roanoke?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: adfagf.jpg (344KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
adfagf.jpg
344KB, 686x385px
So what does /x/ think happened to the lost colony of Roanoke? Was it aliums? Ghosts? Mundane injuns? What about the word crotoan that was carved in a tree or the fact that it's clear no one left in a hurry?
>>
>>18055163
I personally believe they resorted to cannibalism., and that crotoan carved in the tree was faked
>>
Probably moved with the Indians. There were reports of Indians in the area with white features.
>>
>>18055180
This. I'm pretty sure there is some recent archeological proof of this as well.
>>
>>18055163
They were starving so they left the area and ended up living among the local native tribe. In 1998, East Carolina University organized "The Croatoan Project", an archaeological investigation into the events at Roanoke. The excavation team sent to the island uncovered a 10-carat (42%) gold 16th-century English signet ring, gun flints, and two copper farthings (produced sometime in the 1670s) at the site of the ancient Croatoan capital, 50 miles (80 km) from the old Roanoke colony. Genealogists were able to trace the lion crest on the signet ring to the Kendall coat of arms, and concluded that the ring most likely belonged to one Master Kendall who is recorded as having lived in the Ralph Lane colony on Roanoke Island from 1585 to 1586. If this is the case, the ring represents the first material connection between the Roanoke colonists and the Native Americans on Hatteras Island
>>
File: 24h0134V350812.jpg (27KB, 325x523px) Image search: [Google]
24h0134V350812.jpg
27KB, 325x523px
1. In my Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you.
2. Fiction gives the audience the escape of disbelief; documentaries force them into the task of interpretation.
3. How can a snail grow in its stone prison?
4. Delial
5. The house was windowless, I loved that.
6. ...a slow shadow spreads...the act of naming it creates a fiction, not a living creature.
7. A horizontal eight.
8. Unheimlich
9. The Bird of Paradise is a flower.
10. Technologies' failure is overrun by an onslaught of myths.
>>
>>18058531
I want to know where you meant to post that
>>
>>18055163
They got warped to another dimension by the interplanetary dimension hyper warp vessel that only pops into existence once in a millennia.

Either that or the whole colony just up and left because of how much of a faggot OP is.
>>
There is an unbelievably large number of UFOs in the Roanoke Virgnia area. Like they land sometimes and shit. Everyone knows about it but no one talks about it. The deeper in the woods you go, the more often you see them. They are usually solid balls of light like stars that sometimes blink or change colors, and move in erratic paths or hover. They are always at around 15 thousand feet when most people see them. Totally quiet. Usually in pairs or small groups, but sometimes one at a time.
>>
>>18058958
>Like they land sometimes and shit

that's kind of unmannerly of them
>>
>>18058976
They dint ask permission
>>
>>18058531
Sometimes you just have to stop
>>
>>18055163
"Lost"

They wrote a note explaining exactly what they were doing, where they were going, and who they were going to.

Please let me hear your definition of "lost".
>>
>>18055163
No ayy lmaos or ghosts. Most likely these scenarios:
>>18055171
>>18055180
Sorry, schizo Joes.

>>18058531
Literally kill yourself you attention seeking faggot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.