[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Ghost ships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: The Flying Dutchman.jpg (99KB, 1024x570px) Image search: [Google]
The Flying Dutchman.jpg
99KB, 1024x570px
Like the Flying Dutchman, The Ourang Medan, the SS Valencia, etc.

Do you think they exist, or rather, continue to exist? More importantly, do you know any stories about modern sightings?
>>
>tfw nobody is interested
>>
>>18054897
Seems pretty gay
>hey look theirs a ship in the middle of the ocean
>oh looks its gone
>SPOOKEY!!
>>
>>18055239
/x/ is a slow board, newfag, be patient.
>>
>>18055254
>newfag

I've been here a long time. I'm just pretty impatient.
>>
>>18055244
No, it's more "Hey look this ship was torn apart by strange circumstances and now it's in the Ocean again crewed by dead sailors. SPOOKEY"
>>
>>18055282
>I've been here a long time. I'm just pretty impatient.

Then you should know by now that this approach doesn't work.
>>
Bump because I like old ships.
>>
Pay no attention to the fagets OP I love ghost ship stories and will be monitoring this thread. Also bump
>>
File: 1469954367884.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469954367884.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
>>18054897
>>
File: canstockphoto3991125-1024x790.jpg (135KB, 1024x790px) Image search: [Google]
canstockphoto3991125-1024x790.jpg
135KB, 1024x790px
I live pretty much right next to the goodwin sands, the bay where the Lady Lovibond wrecked just off shore. Apparently the captain was celebrating below deck with his newly wedded wife, who unbeknownst to him, was previously being courted by the ship's first mate.

The first mate was on the upper deck, and in a fit of jealousy he struck down the crewmember on steering duty, then ran the ship into the sands killing everyone on board.

Since then there have been numerous sightings of the ghost ship, giving off an eerie green glow. It's not even a tourist attraction or that well known, it's just a local legend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Lovibond
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwin_Sands
>>
>>18055972
I envy you to live where you could investigate that thing.

>tfw we only have ghost steam ships where I live
>>
Also, isn't it weird how the Flying Dutchman and the Caleuche share almost the exact same characteristics
>>
File: seamonsters-1-small.jpg (17KB, 504x231px) Image search: [Google]
seamonsters-1-small.jpg
17KB, 504x231px
>>
>>18054897

Probably just old observations of fata morgana, i.e. mirages.
>>
When I hear the term "ghost ship", I think about cases of mysteriously abandoned ships/boats. Like these for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwuBetqoJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mQQZgwOhc

As far as mystic ones (like the flying dutchman and co) go, I think it is a mixture of cases similar to the ones mentioned above, what this guy >>18058003 pointed out and some good old sailors yarn
>>
File: dolphin_boat_5.jpg (28KB, 400x374px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin_boat_5.jpg
28KB, 400x374px
>>
>>18058030
/x/ refusing to explain everything but ghost ships away baka

>>18058579
>>18057954
These are not related to the topic mate
>>
File: ice-storm-boat.jpg (50KB, 403x537px) Image search: [Google]
ice-storm-boat.jpg
50KB, 403x537px
>>
>>18059151
Damn that looks kickass but also kind of saddening
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 634x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 634x371px
Spooky ships seem to be a thing of the past, although there's still clearly creepy shit out there. Like that German guy whose yacht drifted past the Surigao coast a few months ago, and he was found mummified on board.
>>
>>18054897
I don't think Calypso is going to want to be with Davy Jones in the afterlife, so no, in canon I don't think that one would work out, sorry.
>>
File: DtuGuTm4EqIg.jpg (368KB, 850x566px) Image search: [Google]
DtuGuTm4EqIg.jpg
368KB, 850x566px
>>
>>18059747
Calavera back at it again I see.
>>
File: THEBorealis.jpg (102KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
THEBorealis.jpg
102KB, 1400x700px
>>
>>18055972
>Researchers George Behe and Michael Goss came to the conclusion that there is no reliable primary sources that mention the Lady Lovibond before a 1924 article in the Daily Chronicle. They speculated that the ship may have been a fabrication from the journalist, or based on a ship that sailed into view between 1914 and 1924. Behe and Goss speculate that stories about the ship may have been invented for Valentine's Day and there were similarities with the story from other fictional ghost stories.
>>
>>18061052
>implying any stories about ghost ships are real
documented ship or not, it's always good to tell stories.
>>
>>18058030
So the first video basically plagiarized the second.
>>
I heard of boats of missing people being spotted out at sea from shore or from other boats passing by but they never get out to them in time to find them. That's pretty spooky.
>>
>>18054897
Love them. Absolutely fantastic. I love ghost ships especially the Flying Dutchman type.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.