[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Myths from your country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: earthafr.jpg (258KB, 1746x1763px) Image search: [Google]
earthafr.jpg
258KB, 1746x1763px
Where are you from?

Favorite myth/cryptid/paranormal whatever from your country?
>>
File: Bäckahästen.jpg (403KB, 1500x989px) Image search: [Google]
Bäckahästen.jpg
403KB, 1500x989px
1. Sweden

2. Näcken/Bäckahästen. A young naked boy who lures people into lakes or brooks, drowning them. Sometimes he manifests as the Brook Horse, carrying children on his back into the depths.
>>
Puerto Rico. Chupacabra and UFO activity towards the west. One county infamous for its activity has a "UFO airport" opened by its mayor years ago. I won't lie, you go to that county and it feels eery.
>>
>>18049054
Mexico. "La llorona" the ghost of a woman that seeks her children, some claim that she murdered them and you sometimes can hear her in the middle of the night, crying in the streets
>>
File: Trauco.jpg (568KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Trauco.jpg
568KB, 1200x1600px
Chile

Trauco, he fucks underage girls.
>>
>>18049054
Costa Rica. The Black Mary was a witch that used to hunt and eat duendes, fairies and other magical creatures that arrived into the country after the Conquest, she was scared of the magical creatures of the natives (since they are insane and brutal). From the meat, blood and marrow of the fae, she created potions to live longer and look beautiful and from the bones she crafted different artifacts that allowed her to charm people (specially children) whom she used to sacrifice to demons and evil spirits.

At one point, she cursed a young beautiful woman with visions of pigs and piglets that used to bite her feet until they were nothing but blood and crushed bones. The town of Escazu accused her of doing such a thing, but her family denied such a thing.

Everything was fine, until Tali (the grandfather of Black Mary) found her in a nearby river, dancing naked on the water and howling to a full moon. She was in some sort of trance, speaking in a tongue he could not understand and laughing like mad. He grabbed her by the shoulders and broke her trance, she then told him to never told anyone about what he saw. Tali was scared of his granddaughter, so he remained quiet.

This lasted for months and in due time, Tali himself started to see pigs and piglets in his dreams. He decided to stop his granddaughter for once and for all after he saw the pigs bite his feet in a dream. The entire town grabbed weapons such as knifes, machetes and pitchforks (because why the fuck not?) and started to hunt her down. Black Mary spent the rest of her days running away from civilization and people. Hiding in caves and hoping any fairy was stupid enough to enter her cave.
>>
I am from America and we have myths of Giants that used to live here.

The Giants were hybrids of the Anunnaki and humans that hebrews called the Nephilim or the Anakim.

Because they were hybrids they had hybrid vigor and they grew larger.

These guy came here from Mesopotamia.
>>
>>18050354
It was also said that she choked a boy to death and caused a earthquake that destroyed an entire town. But whatever.
>>
>>18050360
Legends of giants are everywhere. In South America there is a myth (can't remember which country, maybe Chile or Bolivia) in which the giants where canibals. Human got sick of being hunted by them, so they created civilization and began to hunt them back. One by one they were slayed until the giants were forced to live underground and then a flood hit their caves and wiped them out.
>>
>>18050389

Yes South America had lots of these Myths because the son of Enki came here and he was known as Ningishzidda.

But when he came to south america they called him the Feathered Serpent aka: Quetzalcoatl.

The Sumerian tablets tell the story of Ningishzidda leaving from Egypt to go to South America because he was fighting with his brother Ra, who was also called Marduk.

Their Father Enki separated them.
>>
File: timeout.jpg (82KB, 782x518px) Image search: [Google]
timeout.jpg
82KB, 782x518px
>>18053453

Just like a parent he sent them to separate corners of the room for a timeout.
>>
Scotland, Kelpies, similar to the Swedish one mentioned above, for some reason we built a giant sculpture of these child murdering horse bastards
>>
>>18049054
America

God exists
>>
>>18049062

Interesting about the horse. In Scotland we have Kelpies, which are exactly like you describe. They appear as amazing horses or whatever that you really just gotta ride. And once you're on,therideneverends.jpg, and it dives into the water and drowns whoever is on it's back.
>>
>>18053700
>>18053491

Sorry mate I never scrolled down and realised you beat me to it.
>>
The American Dream
>>
Wealth inequality.
>>
>>18049054
1:Ireland

2: The college I go to used to be a seminary for priests. There's a room that nobody's allowed into. It's well publicised to be haunted after a real life priest threw killed himself in the room.. Many people, even those who didn't know about the story have seen a priest inside the window, or in the room before it was closed. There are bloodstains on the floorboards that reappear after being washed off after some time.

There's also a superstition that if you stare into the window, he'll appear and when you see him you'll fail your exams.
That's just fun superstition though.
>>
>>18054291
Mentally erase the "threw"

There are fucking heaps of creepy old Irish ghost stories and legends.

A lot of local ones also, especially in the place where my dads from, it's literally in the middle of nowhere, and everyone's mega religious and afraid of the devil.
>>
Midwest Canada in the Northern Great Plains Region

Wendigo, because i'm part first nations and when I was a kid I would often hear spooky stories about it. Usually just to scare kids though.

Most people know what it is so I won't explain it

ALSO the concept of Heyoka, which is more familiar to me. In a sense it isn't a cryptid or some sort of creature, it's more of a role someone takes on during certain ceremonies, such as Sun Dances. but I'll copy pasta none the less.

The heyoka (heyókȟa, also spelled "haokah," "heyokha") is a kind of sacred clown in the culture of the Lakota people of the Great Plains of North America. The heyoka is a contrarian, jester, and satirist, who speaks, moves and reacts in an opposite fashion to the people around them. Only those having visions of the thunder beings of the west, the Wakíŋyaŋ, and who are recognized as such by the community, can take on the ceremonial role of the heyoka.

The Heyókȟa is thought of as being backwards-forwards, upside-down, or contrary in nature. This manifests by their doing things backwards or unconventionally — riding a horse backwards, wearing clothes inside-out, or speaking in a backwards language. For example, if food is scarce, a heyókȟa may sit around and complain about how full he is; during a baking hot heat wave, a heyókȟa might shiver with cold and put on gloves and cover himself with a thick blanket. Similarly, when it is freezing he might wander around naked, complaining that it is too hot.
>>
>>18054291
We had something like that, but apparently there was a jew masskilling by some religious folks or something, and if you enter the school with more than 15$ on you, you will not walk out with your money.
America btw, Michigan to be exact.
>>
Argentina

We have the normal assortment of tales typical to any rural community. Bad lights in the flatlands, duendes, weird shit by the road at night, that stuff. There's also superstitions. So many superstitions and santería stuff holy shit.

But the ones I want to share are Yasy Yateré and the thing that should not be named out loud. Furry Feet, Lord of the Night, the dick has many nicknames.

Depending on who's telling the tale, they're trickster achetype beings based on ethnic conflicts (anthropologists), noble protectors of the forest (hippie types who learned the tales in school as lit. assignments) or absolute gaping asshole predators and drunkards (my grandma has a foul mouth) who cause people to get lost in the forest and prey on them.

Yasy Yateré, according to the tales, can be appeased with alcohol, corn, tobacco and sweet things. It can whistle or sing like a bird, and people follow. They then come back wrong somehow. Mute, acting oddly, having seizures and the like. There's tales of children going missing never to be seen again, or showing up drowned in a shallow stream after following its call.

The other one isn't half as cute. Its limbs are disturbing, especially the feet. The feet or the knees are backwards. That's if it's even seen. It can change its appearance to look like an animal or plant. It leaves tracks that look like trails, but instead of leading back out of the forest, they get the person following them lost. It causes freak "accidents". It imitates human voices, which is why if you get lost in the forest, you should never, never call out, nor follow the voice of anyone you can't see.

Sound familiar? These are pre-Columbian tales.
>>
>>18053634
*thunderous applause*
>>
>>18053453
Quetzalcoatl and Kukulcan were from a North American culture.

The myth of the giants that were exterminated by mankind are from the Incas. And they have no feathered serpent.
>>
>>18057070

Ok maybe half right, maybe they are central American.

Since I am from the far north its south in my mind.
>>
I am from America
We have a myth of free and fair elections, very scary stuff
>>
>>18049054
i like the ningen personally but for more commonly sighted stuff i would go with bigfoot simply because it evades detection but cant just hide in the vast oceans

bigfoot is motherfucking houdini
>>
>>18049054
>2016
>spherical earth

You're thread doesn't have anything to do with the planet earth. Why are you using a cgi planet earth as pic related? GTFO sphere cuck.
>>
>>18057193
Fellow American here, I can confirm this. We also have these things here called Walmart. The myth is that they the lowest prices.
>>
File: obur.jpg (364KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
obur.jpg
364KB, 1920x1279px
turkish sand nigger here, we have a myth called "gluttons" from Ottoman Empire. you should search for that. In short they are not like your normal witch, vampire stories. They are searching something or "someone" to eat and went back to their graves.

Pic related
>>
Denmark here.

I have a strange obsession with nisser. To the average millennial they're mostly associated with Christmas, but originally they're small creatures, like old men with cat eyes than can either be good spirits (good harvest, protection etc) or bad. Like eat your newborns and torture your pets bad. And they like porridge.
>>
>>18057399
Forgot to mention they can shapeshift too, and other magical shit.
>>
Polishfag here, since we dont have much cryptids in 1982 tourists swimming in Jezioro Zegrzyńskie lake had observed near 6-meter length snake-like animal with black head and rabbit-like ears
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.