[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The haunted life of John Keel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

John Keel was a prominent author and researcher of the paranormal for over 50 years. He is most prominently known for his chilling account of the Mothman incident of Point Pleasant west Virginia. I always felt like tragedy that came with the collapse of the Silver bridge and the harassment from bizarre men in black and unearthly phone calls left a negative impact on John and the memories of the Mothman haunted him until his dying day in 2009. So i was wondering if anyone out there would be up for discussing Johns work,his theories and perhaps what it was he may have uncovered which changed his life forever. and not always for the better. There are some who say his death in 2009 was in itself shrouded in mystery and his passing was described as unnatural.
>>
>>18048787
bump. Sounds interesting...
>>
File: 20160717_132112_HDR-1.jpg (662KB, 1966x2399px) Image search: [Google]
20160717_132112_HDR-1.jpg
662KB, 1966x2399px
>>18048787
I'll bump this. I read Mothman Prophecies when I was thirteen, scared the shit out of me. I didn't know Keel died that recently. I wonder what he thought of the movie?

I actually don't know much about him except that I think I recall him being dismissed as a sensationalist a lot
>>
Where is the love for the Keel?
>>
yeah I don't want to spoil it for you but it's very likely that john keel was a hoax creator. he hypnotized people and it's likely that he planted false memories in their minds. he was also gray barker's rival who was aso a hoax creator. the men in black were a hoax by barker and taking into account that john keel later wrote about the MIB too...
>>
>>18050003
I have an edition of his book that was published alongside the release of the film with a new forward by him. He was pleased with the job they did taking the disparate accounts and condensing them down into a cohesive narrative.

Hoaxer or not, I still find his ideas fascinating.
>>
File: moth.jpg (442KB, 1036x1595px) Image search: [Google]
moth.jpg
442KB, 1036x1595px
>>18051055
>He was pleased with the job they did taking the disparate accounts and condensing them down into a cohesive narrative

Good to know. One thing I did hate about the movie is when Richard Gere met the "John Keel" character and got a whole backstory about cave paintings depicting the Mothman, like they were going for some Ancient Aliens type shit. Thought it was lame.

Every time I go to a used bookstore I dig around in hopes I'll find an old, original copy of the book with cover like pic related.
>>
>>18051351

Keels' major premise is that the ultraterrestrials have ALWAYS been here - that they're as native to this planet as we are - and have been fucking with us since before recorded history. And there ARE ancient cave paintings depicting strange creatures that aren't recognized by science and also what are unmistakably flying saucers.

Pretty fucking lame, huh?
>>
>>18050871

Gray Barker didn't give up on it and become a cynical hoaxer until the 60s. When he wrote "They Knew Too Much About Flying Saucers" in the 50s he was still doing some serious work. He didn't invent Bender's men in black, nor any of the other first known cases.
>>
everybody should read 'Operation Trojan Horse,' which is a sort of summary of Keel's investigations.

'Jadoo' is dope as well (great /x/ travel writing about Keel's search for the unknown in post-war Egypt, India and Tibet)

imo Keel, along w/ Vallee and Ivan T. Sanderson, are the best heirs to Charles Fort the 20th century has produced.

extraterrestrial hypothesis btfo, ultraterrestrials ftw
>>
>>18053562
>Pretty fucking lame, huh?
Yep.

>>18054735
>Operation Trojan Horse
Now that sounds interesting, I'll look that up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.