[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn white magic. Where do I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: alchemy2.png (3MB, 1040x1400px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy2.png
3MB, 1040x1400px
I want to learn white magic. Where do I start?
>>
For what reason
>>
>>18048373
>Where do I start?
In your heart, probably.
>>
File: InitiationIntoHermetics.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
InitiationIntoHermetics.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>18048373
Start by knowing that there's no "white" or "black" magic, just "magic" and the intent behind it. Then read this for basic theory and practice outline. After that, read other stuff for technical knowledge. The infograph thread currently archived has lots of recommended reading, and this post has two places you can find it. >>18013220
>>
Is black not good enough for you?
>>
>>18048567

Once you go black, there's no going back.
>>
>>18048485
Obligatory notice that most editions of Initiation Into Hermetics contain editing and/or translation errors, such as listing the elements as air, air, water, and earth.

Most are easy to spot, but one obnoxious one that's made its way into every edition I've seen is the mislabeling of the melancholic and phlegmatic temperaments. The association between qualities and elements is correct, the temperament labels just got swapped.
>>
>>18050171
>Once you go back, no one wants you back
>>
>>18050406
>Obligatory notice that most editions of Initiation Into Hermetics contain editing and/or translation errors

Really doesn't matter.
>>
>>18051811
Once you go white, nothing is right
>>
File: 1387241516796.jpg (254KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
1387241516796.jpg
254KB, 500x686px
>>18052811
once you find green, its all serene
>>
File: tumblr_li2vck4kKK1qcuh8uo1_500.gif (294KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li2vck4kKK1qcuh8uo1_500.gif
294KB, 500x333px
>>18048373
Learn the difference between a tool and weapon. Then realize that the difference has *nothing* to do with its structure of function.

Now go find people who are weapons, and turn them into tools.

Contrary to the insult "ur a tool," it's quite a bit more benevolent that organisms are conscious tools. Much of the "evil" in the world happens when people who don't deserve power, get it in the form of a tool. For example, the scientists who through blood, sweat, and tears designed the original atom bomb would *never* have dreamed of actually using it. They just wanted a contingency, in case Germany came up with it first. They had hoped the rumors would spread, and be enough to dissuade its use, since only a madman would risk damaging their own planet, since they'd be affected as well.

These are the lessons, and morales earned by someone who went through the toil to learn nature, falling in love with nature, being excited about life enough to study it intently enough to arrive at such power in the first place. By being conscious tools, they both gained power and a sense of responsibility in the same action. This was good, this was white magic.

Then the madmen they were working for took their atom bomb, replicated it, and have been using / holding the world hostage ever since, because they don't love life. They are crazy enough to damage the planet, if it hurts their enemy. They have power, but they never learned responsibility, because they didn't need to. They just went over to their weapons depot, picked up the instant power tool, put in the jets they didn't design, and pushed a few buttons. *presto*

The white magickiest kind of society is one where people simply learn amazing skills, rather than using technology which anyone can get a hold of without appreciating what it took to design and construct the technology in the first place. As long as the tools themselves are conscious, then they are generally nicer to each other. They know what pain feels like
>>
File: tumblr_lqiyzhTyun1r12d1bo8_250.gif (281KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqiyzhTyun1r12d1bo8_250.gif
281KB, 250x185px
>>18053033
In an environment where the most powerful tools are people, and their skills to use their own body, there is still evil. There is still good. Those are just things that arise from your value system. People who have values which lead towards the kind of world you desire are "good," and people who don't are "evil."

There is still violence, occasionally, and tyrants. Still corruption, and lies, and those who uphold truth at personal costs. The struggle is still real.

The difference is, you can't get very good at manipulating the world with your body, rather than tools, without learning some degree of empathy. It just emerges as a consciousness reaches a certain level of advancement. And when you've been hurt very bad in your life, you tend to hesitate before summoning the power needed to hurt someone else, because of this empathy.

Those that just pick up a gun they don't how works and shoot someone with it, not so much.

A large part of weapons technology these days has been about removing the user from the weapon they use, so that they don't have to see their enemies brains explode, or feel their guts on their face after exploding them. See: drones, which conveniently create a blast of smoke to conceal the violence they inflict, almost like it's some kind of silly cartoon. They're not people down there, they're just pixels. No biggy if you get the wrong guy, you've got plenty of ammo.

That type of thing. Gravitate away from societies that have that type of thing.
>>
Don't limit yourself and learn all magic
>>
> Where do I start?
With yourself.
>>
>magic
Kek
>>
OP proves once again that the answer to 95% of /x/ questions is "meditate more"
>>
File: tumblr_mx19c5DxxK1t3kg2lo1_500.gif (999KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx19c5DxxK1t3kg2lo1_500.gif
999KB, 500x254px
>>18053123
Hey now. I gave a very detailed explanation of the difference between societies that incorporate white magic, and societies which incorporate black magic.

Do I need to say more words?

Okay. If you want to learn white magic, go to a society that is most likely to have white magic practitioners. That's where they live. If you want to learn white magic, leave societies that are most likely to have black magic practitioners. Those societies tend not to have white magic practitioners. If they did, then they'd be societies with white magic practitioners.

Here's a metaphor, because I know humans like metaphors.

If you want to learn water bending, you must leave the fire nation.
>>
>>18053123
No one's going to spoon feed him.
>>
File: spaderondanieljs.jpg (13KB, 246x249px) Image search: [Google]
spaderondanieljs.jpg
13KB, 246x249px
Contact the Four Luminaries of the Aeon.
>>
try www.spellsofmagic.com it has covens videos and spells all there for u
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.