[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, do you believe in Heaven/hell? What comes after death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 37

File: gates of hell.jpg (155KB, 858x1088px) Image search: [Google]
gates of hell.jpg
155KB, 858x1088px
/x/, do you believe in Heaven/hell? What comes after death?
>>
Life
>>
>>18047546
Nothing. Our consciousness will turn off like flipping a light switch.
>>
>>18047546
The supernatural probably doesn't exist.

I hate our boring universe.
>>
>>18047567
Oh... it's VERY VERY REAL! :^) inb4 proofs
>>
>>18047574
>>>/s4s/
>>
death isnt real

now be fearless
>>
Well our notion of hell is kinda based on the inferno. I really have no idea if Hell is mentioned in the bible or other texts. Lets start there. Is there mention of hell in the Bible or any other texts?
>>
>>18047551
deep
>>
>>18047546
its a place where you review your recent incarnations with the full clarity, awareness and knowledge of your true pure, immortal self.
depending on what you did or didn't do in this worldly physical human incarnation, this review of your life can be a hell for you to deal with
>>
>>18047552
But will it though? What made it begin? And why does it end? Will we have another
consciousness and did we have one before? Why are we even conscious?

>Does the ride ever end?
>>
We will all most likely know soon if Planet X is real
>>
The universe worked for eons before this pointless phenomenon we call conciseness, it's ridiculous to think that the addition of us would suddenly dictate something like an afterlife. Life is an overrated occurrence, the universe is so big that nothing matters, nothing happens for a reason now shut up and enjoy your fragile short existence and stop fretting over bullshit
>>
>>18048208
I remember learning or at least discussing in church from a pastor that all Hell is is simply a separation from God. So Hell could be anything as long as you can never reach God. For all we know, Earth can be hell.
>>
>>18048560
>I remember learning or at least discussing in church from a pastor that all Hell is is simply a separation from God.
I've heard similar things. However, it looks like the consensus among people who are really looking into these things is that there is no Hell at all.
>>
>>18048384
Youre wrong though.

Consciousness has always existed. Everything in existance has SOME consciousness.
>>
>>18047546
You reincarnate until you recieve the spritual lesson needed to move foward, the graduation is coming where move onto the next level its called the procession of the equinox happens every 25920 years its what the myan predicted and why the elites are moving assets and supplies underground to these deep underground bunkers as they fear they Sun "sneeze" is imminent.
>>
>>18048858
Very well put for more info look into The Law of One as it goes into intricate details on the illusion we call reality.
>>
>>18048208
Hell (Gehenna) is mentioned in the bible, yes.
>>
>>18047546
I'm hoping for rebirth, i wanna be a cat and not give a shit about anything.
>>
after we die we are Judged by the Father...God help us all
>>
>>18048208
>Well our notion of hell is kinda based on the inferno
inferno means hell, dipshit
>>
>>18048858
>>18048896
Lmao being this retarded.
>>
File: druids.jpg (134KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
druids.jpg
134KB, 768x432px
>>18047546
hell then heaven then waiting room then rebirth
>>
You cannot comprehend death, you will cease to exist like anything else in the universe.
And eventualy even the universe will become lifeless itself.

Life is just a mechanic matter came up with to hold off entropy, but it will catch up with anything and everything eventualy.
>>
>>18050770
Morbid
>>
>>18050802
I rather believe in something i can make sense of then some fairy wonderland with no proof watsoever.
>>
>>18050770
>Life is just a mechanic matter came up with to hold off entropy
How can inanimate, non-conscious matter "come up with" anything?
>>
>>18051023
>not getting the subjectivity of all this
>>
>>18047546
Opinions. If you want the empirical truth, kill yourself.
>>
>>18050770
Your post reminds of a poem written in the early 1800s about Time and Matter rebelling against Nothing but Time assisting Matter in vain only serving to drive them both back into Nothing's embrace all the faster.
>>
When I was young, being raised Christian, I believed that when I died I would be in some sort of fairy tale type Heaven.

Later in life, discarding those old beliefs, I believed that death would be a cessation of consciousness and I would simply cease to exist.

Nowadays, for no real good reason, I have moments where I get the odd feeling that there is something else though it isn't spiritual in nature at all. Quantum Immortality, maybe.
>>
>>18051023
Its just doing its best to hold off entropy like the rest of the universe, stealing energy from other matter is one of the simplest way to do so hence wat we call life is developed.

Matter always will try to avoid chaos, you could ask the question if anything in the universe is really alive, or that everything is death to begin with. that its just a matter of complexity.

You can look into this more with the work of Erwin Schrödinger if you want.
>>
>>18051144
Do you know what the poem is called ? bit interested int it.
>>
>>18047546
https://youtu.be/uoFXj2FOioM?t=9
>>
This is what you'll see after you went to the light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmqy4rU-tlY
>>
>>18047546
The ego ceases to exist at the point of "death", so to you and the image you have of yourself, this will fade away.

But the fabric of your being which people refer to as consciousness will continue, but you can't really comprehend what that is right now.

Which is fine. Doesn't look like you're asking for advice! And you're not meant to know this as a reality while in this experience. If you did you couldn't convince yourself that the was a duality, self and other.

There is only one "thing" and IT is undefinable, just be humbled in the fact that you're convincing yourself that you're not infinite at the moment.

You don't real want that
>>
>>18052700
>The ego ceases to exist at the point of "death", so to you and the image you have of yourself, this will fade away.
Then there might as well be nothing after death.
>>
After death we see the same thing than before boing born.

Nothing.
>>
>>18052747
Actually you wil see some psychedelic stuff while you are dieing, but yea the end result is nothing.
>>
>>18052727
You are confusing Consciousness with Self-Identity.
>>
File: reallymakesyouthink.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
reallymakesyouthink.png
307KB, 815x608px
Anyone else feel like your conscious was "somewhere" before your own creation, like the birth wasn't the start?
>>
After death?worms and sand :v
>>
>>18052880
kind of. I've always thought of it sort of like reincarnation lite. no karma or any of that, you just go about your life with the same "base conscience" forever without "you" ever knowing it. I have mixed feelings about what you're reincarnated as though, maybe in your next life you are a tree that lives for almost 1k years? Maybe human always. Really hard to explain my exact thoughts though.. but i know that people believing in one mass of consciousness that breaks off is a thing. That's not quite what I'm thinking though.
>>
>>18052988
Implying a tree has consience, shit gets more retarded everyday here on /x
>>
>>18052997
kill yourself and grow me 5 big apples so I know it's you
>>
>>18052771
I'm not really seeing the difference. Unless you're saying that right now I'm sort of playing a character in a video game and when I die, it'll be kind of like I turned the game off, but I'll never lose awareness and I'll still remember everything.
>>
When you die you teleport to the dick universe
>>
File: [laughter stops].jpg (12KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
[laughter stops].jpg
12KB, 313x254px
>>18053564
>tfw rebirth is just being teleported somewhere else to die
>>
>>18053063
Yes. That what it's like. But don't think of it as a video game in the conventional sense.

And you're not some thing sitting there on a console, it's all mind games.

Indeed there is higher entities that chose to play the game, to them a lifetime of 80 years is like watch a commercial on t.v.

Physical reality is the result of a Thught
>>
>>18053985
This always is funny to me, how people can pull so many assumptions out of there own ass and actualy think its the truth.
>>
The impression I have is that our "souls" get repurposed into newer bodies. We're still the same essentially but with large differences
>>
>>18053981
Some have postulated that the purpose of a beast's life is to build a repitiore of ideas from which it can garner satisfaction, and use those ideas to construct a tangible dream where it may dwell after its death, and live in comfort until it is prepared to reincarnate yet again

Contrasted to those beasts who live unhappy lives, and are reborn yet again in further gnarled forms
>>
>>18047546
Death is followed by neither heaven nor hell, but rather judgement.
>>
>>18053985
Yeah, a video game probably isn't the best metaphor. I think a better comparison might be a tabletop RPG played on a holodeck or something.
>>
>>18050622
He means the Inferno from Dante's Divine Comedy.
>>
>>18050770
Brutal.
>>
File: Hell.jpg (930KB, 3164x2584px) Image search: [Google]
Hell.jpg
930KB, 3164x2584px
Yes, I do believe in Hell: I believe in some sort of spiritual plane reserved for those who reject Christ from their lives and remain unrepentant sinners until the day they die. I don't know if Hell is an eternal punishment, I don't know if it's proportional to one's own sins, and I don't know if sinners are tortured for all eternity or simply denied all access to God, (which is itself a torture, if you ask me.) but I do see Hell as real and to be avoided.
>>
>>18055295
I hope hell is that picture, it looks like a party
>>
>>18055295
I refuse to believe a benevolent God would torture someone for eternity for a mere human lifetime of sins.

What we hear from near-death experiencers is that when you die, part of the process involves you experiencing everything you did to other people, good and bad, as if you were them. I think that makes more sense.
>>
>>18055327
I see gamblers, musians, crazy people, sadistic people, looks about right. Hell is like the dust under the rug to keep the heaven clean.
>>
>>18055295
It's all good, I'll ask for forgiveness on my death bed. He's cool like that. Until then, do all the coke and fuck all the hookers you can.
>>
>>18048384
You have no idea how intricate your body is, nor how complicated the universe is apparently. If you think we just randomly came into existance than you're an idiot. Even the smallest part on a machine matters
>>
>>18051159
That's age. I'm being honest anon, you're wanting to validate your existence. Goodnight ;)
>>
>>18055429
There are always 2 kind of people. Those who believe everything matters, and those who believe nothing matters. And both are not wrong, it's part of creation.
>>
Quantam mechanics show that existence is on an observational basis. Matter doesn't really have to be in one particular place unless observed.
Maybe the universe has a fuzzy evaluation method, but that requires some sort of cosmic rule-set...maybe there's some giant cosmic consciousness that's been watching the real in order for it to exist. in which case we could be living in a simulation.
it seems to me that we, and all other life, are just extensions of the cosmic milieu; we are a means for it to know itself.

so hell?
nawww

either nothing or joining some giant ineffable consciousness which after merging it our desires and memories will be nothing but fragments of knowledge indescribable.
>>
>>18047546
There is no 'after death' and there is no afterlife.
>>
>>18055484
You clearly have no idea how quantum mechanics work.
>>
>>18055391
God's not stupid, he'll be able to tell you don't actually mean you're "sorry" for your life of sins.
>>18055365
Again, I don't know if it's in eternity, and I don't know if it's eternal torture either, but I don't see how punishing those who live a wicked life or reject God until the day they die is contrary to the God portrayed in the Bible. Besides, for all we know those who live decent lives and just reject God could just be put into a spiritual plane deprived of his presence. Like a purgatory.
>>
>>18055391
>>18056142

You see, commiting the sin against god happens real time. Once you indulge yourself in drugs and fucking strangers you actually attract the forced that come with it. You will be pulled under spiritually the more you step away from grace.

Asking for forgiveness takes time. But anyone can be saved.
>>
File: Jesuss.jpg (13KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
Jesuss.jpg
13KB, 193x261px
Verely, verely I say unto thee, We speake that we doe know, and testifie that wee have seene; and yee receive not our witnesse.

12 If I have tolde you earthly things, and ye beleeve not: how shall ye beleeve if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but hee that came downe from heaven, even the Sonne of man which is in heaven.
>>
File: Icon_second_coming.jpg (186KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
Icon_second_coming.jpg
186KB, 600x770px
23 ¶ The same day came to him the Sadduces, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marrie his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

25 Now there were with vs seven brethren, and the first when he had maried a wife, deceased, and having no issue, left his wife unto his brother.

26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.

27 And last of al the woman died also.

28 Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

29 Jesus answered, and said unto them, Yee doe erre, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the Angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

33 And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.
>>
>>18056218
Gospel of John, Ch. 3 (KJV 1611)

>>18056231
Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 22 (KJV 1611)
>>
File: Yeshua.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Yeshua.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
15 ¶ So he came to the king, and the king sayd unto him, Micaiah, shall wee goe against Ramoth Gilead to battell, or shall we forbeare? And he answered him, Go, and prosper: for the Lord shall deliver it into the hand of the king.

16 And the king said unto him, How many times shall I adiure thee, that thou tell me nothing but that which is true, in the Name of the Lord ?

17 And hee sayd, I saw all Israel scattered upon the hilles, as sheepe that have not a shepheard. And the Lord said, These have no master, let them returne every man to his house in peace.

18 And the King of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee, that he would prophecie no good concerning me, but evill?

19 And he said, Heare thou therefore the word of the Lord: I sawe the Lord sitting on his Throne, and all the hoste of heaven standing by him, on his right hand and on his left.

20 And the Lord said, Who shall perswade Ahab, that hee may goe up and fall at Ramoth Gilead? And one sayd on this manner, and another said on that manner.

21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will perswade him.

22 And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And hee sayd, I will goe foorth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt perswade him, and prevaile also: Goe forth, and doe so.

23 Now therfore behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evill concerning thee.

24 But Zedekiah the sonne of Chenaanah went neere, and smote Micaiah on the cheeke, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the Lord from me, to speake unto thee?

25 And Micaiah sayde, Beholde, thou shalt see in that day, when thou shalt goe into an inner chamber, to hide thy selfe.

(1 Kings, Ch. 22 - KJV 1611)
>>
>>18056142
>>18056155
>>18056218
>>18056231
>>18056234
>>18056250
I am going to laugh my balls of when your consciousness drifts away into nothing.
>>
File: golden-path.jpg (226KB, 770x365px) Image search: [Google]
golden-path.jpg
226KB, 770x365px
>>18056308
Who knows, I prefer to live in wonder of the afterlife. Instead of a nihilistic one mocking everyone untill you're too tired.
>>
>>18056308
If that's the case, not only will I not care, but you'll be coming with me eventually.
>>18056155
I totally agree with you, anyone who genuinely regrets their deeds can be redeemed, but that anon was talking about some eleventh hour shit.
>>
>>18048560
that was really nice
>>
>>18056354
Shame you don't have a say in the matter.
>>
Depends on your development while you're here.
>>
>>18056354
>I prefer my delusions from something written in a book that's unfounded or something I made up rather than live in reality (I say these things because these things were written by primitives who had no idea about empirical evidence)

Just because billions of people reach a conclusion doesn't make the conclusion true
>>
>>18056797
How the fuck would you know?
>>
File: 1261.jpg (85KB, 1018x599px) Image search: [Google]
1261.jpg
85KB, 1018x599px
>>
>>18056354
I dont see how my view is nihilistic at all, my view shows me i should live my life as well as i can, i want to leave the earth having carved my own path into our history.

Saying theres life after death is easy, looking at it trough the scope of knowlage given to us and making a conclusion that it may well be the end for us is hard.
>>
>>18052631
dude what
>>
>>18057498
You wouldn't' believe me either way, it does not matter.
>>
It's an electric universe, you have your own magnetic field which contains your experiences, memory, and consiousness. When your body dies you will retain conciousness in the form of pure energy.
>>
Requesting the pic where it tells a storie where there's no death, only one life living all, it ends with the life waking up as an Asian girl, something like that
>>
File: The Egg.jpg (405KB, 648x1920px) Image search: [Google]
The Egg.jpg
405KB, 648x1920px
>>18060346
>>
>>18060025
Yeah, because you're just making shit up and convinced yourself it's knowledge from god

Fuck outta here. I did the same thing at one time, if it was really knowledge then why is it that everyone believes something different and don't say it's because of Satan because that's just a copout
>>
>>18055295
>>18047546
>Sins
>"do you believe in Heaven/hell?"
No.Why:
One important thing that organized Religions forget to ask is: "What are Sins. What is good and what is bad."
Lemme answer this question:
The Duality of good and bad is nothing more than a human construct. There is no good nor bad in the eyes of reality. You're the one who decides which is what.

So in conclusion there's no Heaven nor Hell for there's no way of contabilize and put a life time of actions in a balance.

--//--

>"What comes after death?"
We just don't know until its loo late, Yet.
But one thing that we should not let happen is being manipulated and change the way we live, think and act for Whatever this answer may be.

thread/
>>
>>18048384
>The universe worked for eons
>he fell for the big bang/round earth meme
>>
>>18061065
You sound fucking stupid
>>
>>18047552
And how will you perceive the sensation of "Nothing"?

This is why I believe in some form of reincarnation.
>>
>>18061264
You won't
>>
>>18047546
Probably another life. It's impossible to get something from absolute nothingness no matter what people say. The only other option is that we have always been.
>>
>>18051159
Weird. I recently started to get those feelings too, although Ive never been a religious person myself.
>>
>>18055327
I wish there was a club or disco themed like hell. But well done, you know? Trying to replicate hell as depicted by rennaisance art instead of the fiery cavern
>>
>>18061282
So you're saying there's a god from personal incredulity?
>>
>>18061300
I don't believe in any of the gods made up by man, no. I do believe that this life isn't the only one due to the simple fact that we are here.
>>
>>18061347
All gods are made up by man. You reached your conclusion because we're here and it doesn't make sense to you that we would only be here randomly live one life and die?
>>
>>18052880
I don't know much about instinct but that's where I think it comes from. Creatures like birds just knowing to fly south for the winter kind of thing
>>
>>18061365
Exactly. It doesn't make sense in the least bit.

I get the feeling you believe in total annihilation after death, but the thing is you don't know for a fact that is the case. I don't know that we continue on after death, but it makes sense since there is something rather than nothing. If total nothingness (which has no properties to acknowledge) was possible that's how things would be, but as you can see from my response that isn't happening. Either you have eternal nothingness, or eternal life in some form.
>>
>>18061483
Why do you feel you're right and the dozens of other ideas about the 'afterlife' are wrong? See where I'm going with this? I believe in total annihilation because I experienced nothing before life either. Just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't make it impossible.
>>
>>18061272
You go back from what you came from before birth, there isn't any distinction between prebirth and death. Who is to say the moment you die you won't come back out of that from which you came from in this life?
>>
>>18061512
You're saying things were experienced before birth? How do you reach this conclusion?
>>
>>18061510
What I say doesn't make sense to you, doesn't make it impossible. Goes both ways.

I understand what you are saying because I can kind of feel what it was like before I came to be, but not completely because all I know is something and not nothing.

My only conclusion is you can't get something from Nothing, you need to understand what Nothing really means. No black, no white, no air, absolute Nothingness, once you do understand you will realize you can't get something from which isn't there.

We are here, not experiencing Nothingness, you wouldn't even be able to know it if you were, so I can only assume this isn't the first time this has happened.
>>
>>18061545
Your personal incredulity doesn't make your conclusion correct. I completely understand what you're saying, I just happen to think it's wrong
>>
You live on only as a memory to your friends and family. After they die, even the memory of you dissappears.
>>
We will never 'know' the answers to these questions. Because our desire to know is one of the ego, and the ego is obliterated upon death. The soul concept is the result of humanities awesome cognitive abilities applying a significance to itself which isn't there - it is just the ego, a unique mold of our own distinct modes of consciousness in their own journey through our one life.

What survives death is consciousness itself, and 'we' are but fragile, momentary constructs of said consciousness. You are a part of something larger than yourself, a part too invested in the physical realm to comprehend it's own insignificance. It is the larger part that continues, and so regardless of what comes next, know that 'you' won't know.
>>
>>18061510
Also, not to make light of your temporary death, but You didn't experience Nothing because you weren't alive. It's Impossible to experience nothing because you aren't there to see it, therefore true nothingness doesn't exist. Only life is known to exist without a doubt.
>>
>>18061562
Once again, that goes for you too. The bottom line is we just don't know.

Although I don't think total annihilation is possible because if we were there to experience it then it wouldn't be what it's supposed to be. No matter what, we don't "experience" true death, that's not subjective, it's fact.
>>
>>18061708
I'm not the one saying there has to be nothing because reincarnation doesn't make sense, I'm not making the claim that reincarnation is impossible but it's more likely it was just made up by primitives afraid of death.
>Although I don't think total annihilation is possible because if we were there to experience it
Bro, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: index.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
The Word of Faith Brings Salvation

10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the [a]end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

5 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is [b]based on law shall live [c]by that righteousness. 6 But the righteousness [d]based on faith speaks as follows: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 [e]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [f]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [g]resulting in salvation.

(One of the churches, like the Anglican church or the Roman Catholic church may say something different.)
>>
File: ethiopia.jpg (17KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
ethiopia.jpg
17KB, 194x259px
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be [h]disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who [i]bring good news of good things!”

16 However, they did not all heed the [j]good news; for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word [k]of Christ.

18 But I say, surely they have never heard, have they? Indeed they have;

“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the [l]world.”

19 But I say, surely Israel did not know, did they? First Moses says,

“I will make you jealous by that which is not a nation,
By a nation without understanding will I anger you.”

20 And Isaiah is very bold and says,

“I was found by those who did not seek Me,
I became manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”

21 But as for Israel He says, “All the day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”
>>
>>18061741
You think after death there is "nothing", I'm saying that's impossible because You aren't there to experience it. The only thing you Do know is that you are alive, which is something rather than nothing, so it's safe to say that's how it will always be.
>>
>>18061741
You either have eternal consciousness or you're "experiencing" nothing forever. If nothing was infinite then we wouldn't be chatting right now. You can't have both.
>>
File: asdfasddf.jpg (6KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasddf.jpg
6KB, 180x280px
1Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3“This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4“I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. 5“Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

6“I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7“Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. 9“I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours; 10and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11“I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12“While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.
>>
>>18061762
honestly who's to say that our logic isn't inadequate to deal with these things and one actually can have both?
>>
>>18061757
What? I'm saying there is no after death, there is no afterlife. What the fuck you talking about after death?
>>
>>18061769
What I believe makes sense to me, despite being speculation at best.

You said you "experienced nothing" before birth, well you came out of that "nothing", that should be proof enough that nothing is forever.
>>
>>18061765
Jesus never existed, senpaitachi
>>
>>18061802
Isn't* forever
>>
>>18061682
Just say "There's no afterlife." It's far less pretentious.
>>
Where's that pasta of the guy who died and met God then God told him that he was one soul living every life to achieve enlightenment or something. That's what I like to believe
>>
>>18061986
Right here in this very thread: >>18060621
>>
>>18050742
Chill bro
>>
File: Nl8KjBO_-_Imgur.png (2MB, 1035x754px) Image search: [Google]
Nl8KjBO_-_Imgur.png
2MB, 1035x754px
i had an OBE experience in 2012

i left my body and found myself in a place i never have been before or having memory

i felt alone, hopeless, empty, sad, forsaken

only my true myself and my consciousness were that place. i could feel the lonelyness and knew i was alone.

at first i was really confused like how did i came to this location? why am i here?

some memorys were missing like who was my family, my workplace but after some thoughts i knew it again but the feeling i had first was horrible felt like my whole identity was dieing.

i realised that i needed to leave this place cuz it wasnt my natural home

everything was pretty intuitive i did not think about if i was dead i wondered later when i was back why i did not thought about beeing dead i guess its like i died not really i just left my body with my consciousness and got teleported to the darkroom

i knew i need to leave this place and told myself "you need to find your world where you came from"

a ring attached with round windows/portals appeared and i could switch the worldwindows with my thoughts

i cant clearly remember what i saw when i looked through the portals but they gave me strong weird / negative / uncomfortable feelings

after i came back to my body my whole point on life changed. i needed 2-3 hours until i could stand up and walk again.

next days felt rlly unreal / surreal

i believe now in jesus christ maybe it was my wakeupcall i was only interested in the world before this happened in no really spiritual things or faith
>>
>>18061030
Sin is how It's described in the bible, there's your definition. That whole "X is a social construct" shit is getting old. If you don't believe that, then congratulations we're two different human beings with alternative worldviews, and that's fantastic we live in a part of the world where that's possible.
>>
>>18054186

>Not knowing the difference between "their" and "there".
>>
>>18063052
Even if i dont know the difference (which i do), i still dont pull so many assumptions out of my own ass.
>>
I really hope that this universe is some kind of wacky detour
Not gonna lie, there are some things I like about it, but for the most part I want for this to be largely insignificant
>>
File: yes you.png (9KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
yes you.png
9KB, 254x199px
after death you get judged by someone... pic related
>>
When you die there are two doors; which one you choose is determined on the life you lived. One leads to reincarnation an the other leads to the void which some may refer to "Hell". It is the sensation of falling in pitch blackness while holding onto the despair of every negative thought and emotion you ever had for all eternity.
>>
>>18063069
If you know the difference then stop being a fuck-up and use the right one.
>>
>>18047546
>/x/, do you believe in Heaven/hell?

Nigga I'ma be real honest with you dog. I'm scared of death! When you been at my age and seen the shit you seen and done the stuff you done. You scared nigga. You scared. You scared of Jesus, God, the devil shiva, budha or anything. You know why? Because there's a feeling of ill in death nigga. You know something bad is there but you can't catch it. Like a cop pulling you over and going at you with the bat and tazer ready.
>>
>>18063192
don't even joke about that.

that is freighting to even think about.
>>
>>18063730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry0DisvCrAU
This is what I'm scared to go.
The "bad" place. The nothingness. The place where even they hurt your mind.
>>
>>18063710
Fair enough
>>
>>18063730
You are your harshest judge
>>
>>18063730
Every action you do or have ever done will be judged by other people.
And in the end while you lay on your deathbed you will reflect on your life and ponder about it.
>>
>>18061527
No, he's saying things you didn't experience before birth. This where the term "oblivion" comes from. You are oblivious, there is not only nothing but a lack of any way to perceive nothing.
>>
>>18063859
Nothing derives from no-thing, simpely put not anything.
There is no way to perceive nothing to begin with, because there is nothing to perceive.
>>
>>18063730
Despite what PC bullshit like #don'tjudge will tell you, you are always being judged.
>>
>>18047546

What comes after after death?
>>
>>18048560
But if you're living on Earth, then you still have the ability to reach God at some point.
>>
>>18047546
I always believed that when you die, you are brought to a temporary afterlife where you can reflect on your life, spend time with your ancestors who have moved on entirely, and then you are reborn. Eventually, you'll reach a point where you've learned everything there is to learn, and you'll finally be able to eternity in the afterlife.
>>
>>18048230
probable
>>
>>18047546

I believe our conscience is automatically transported to any random recently born child that has a higher enough IQ to realize he's alive and be considered as a rational entity, because if not, we would be stuck in a state where time seems infinitely fast because you would have no perception of it, or something like that, but we can't really think about it, its like thinking about a new color. It's beyond human perception.
>>
File: pray_hands.jpg (34KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
pray_hands.jpg
34KB, 600x300px
how do I into theology?
>>
>>18063897
Exactly. Therefore "nothing" doesn't exist, only life as we know it.
>>
My main two belief are either u r in an endless loop in which ur life plays differently but never too differently and just regular reincarnation
>>
>>18047546
Reincarnation or nirvana which is easily achieved if you exist as a disembodied spirit, so most people go into the light instead of opting for round 2
>>
>>18064032
What religion are you interested in pursuing?
>>
File: E.Y.E.png (481KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
E.Y.E.png
481KB, 541x640px
>>18064709
So my life is just pic related?
>>
no.
i don't know.
>>
>>18064763
("no" to question one, "i don't know" to question two.)
>>
>>18064151
That you cannot perceive nothingness doesn't mean it does not exist as a concept on its own...
>>
>>18064755
Well that depends on how dope your cyber ups are
If you can't cross the street in a single bound you ain't shéééééé-
>>
>>18065575
If nothingness exists, you can't experience it because to be nothing means to cease to exist. No one, not even people who have passed before us, have experienced nothingness. It's impossible.
>>
>>18063730
Im not joking anon. You will be judged by yourself.
>>
File: 1472177627355.gif (1MB, 240x150px) Image search: [Google]
1472177627355.gif
1MB, 240x150px
>>18048225
Deep like your mom
>>
>>18065754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGO79BtWUI
>>
File: hellexperienc.jpg (935KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
hellexperienc.jpg
935KB, 1000x667px
Do you believe there's a physical hell?
Perhaps even on Earth somewhere?
>>
>>18055429
We did randomly come into existence. Sorry bro.
>>
>>18066330
Yeah its called Hull
>>
File: Slayer-HellAwaits.jpg (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Slayer-HellAwaits.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
>>18066330
No, because Hell would have to be a spiritual plane to hold the souls of sinners...

...but if Hell was a physical place, that would be one Earth shattering development. Seriously, it would probably make civilization as we know it collectively shit itself.
>>
>>18055295
Looks like a fun place to hang out at m&
>>
>>18066330
Yeah, it's called New Jersey.
>>
>>18055429
>creationists in 2016
>>
>>18047567
this universe is boring.
>>
>>18047785
you mean now be fearful

>>18048560
you gotta learn
>>
>>18047567
supernatural is boring.
>>
>>18055429
you're an idiot
>>
>>18047546
>/x/, do you believe in Heaven/hell?
No.
>What comes after death?
>>
scp 2718
>>
>>18048237
Does the ride ever end? It just depends on what you believe.

I think not.
>>
the only point of life is to not die and spending any amount of thought wondering what happens afterwards is time squandered
>>
>>18047546
I am sorry, I am too young to thing about this matter
>>
>>18047546
You are presented with two doors. Which one you choose depends on the life you lived. One door leads to reincarnation. The other leads to the void which some may refer to as hell. The void is like the sensation of falling in pitch blackness for all eternity while holding onto every negative thought, emotion, and feeling.you ever had.
>>
as long as you don't choose to take your own life, you'll be fine. maybe you'll die and be reborn as a star or maybe you'll be reborn as an insect or maybe you'll just chill and fuck shit up as a spooky ghost, but if you take the fast route and 86 yourself, you're going to be stuck in purgatory and that's the worst possible fate that anyone could imagine.

my own belief system borrows a lot from eastern theology rather than the traditional western heaven vs. hell never ending crusade against evil horse shit that americans get pumped with every day but I'm at a point now where I just figure that whatever happens happens and it's not fretting over. hakuna mattata or whatever, just enjoy your life
>>
>>18055691
fer real, I can't think of anything that upsets me more than when people bring quantum level physics into a religious discussion when it's abundantly clear that they don't even understand the significance of the initial discovery of non locality
>>
>>18047546
Freedom my friend freedom
>>
>>18050819
You didn't come up with the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>18048858
Seeing man in everything..

pleb tier philosophy
>>
>>18070017
What about them?
>>
FIRST THERE WAS NOTHING

AND THEN GOD SAID

"LET THERE BE STUFF!"

AND THERE WAS STUFF AND IT WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE SLAPPING INTO EACH OTHER WITH WILD ABANDON AND COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR ANY SCIENTIFIC LAW THAT MAN HAS EVER BEEN FAMILIAR WITH FOR WHO EVEN KNOWS HOW LONG

AND THEN GOD SAID "FUCK THIS CRAZY BULLSHIT!" AND HE MADE SOME ANGELS

THEY WERE UTTERLY TERRIFYING TO BEHOLD AND WOULD MELT THE FACES OF MODERN MAN UPON A MERE GAZE

SO GOD WAS LIKE "GO FIX THIS SHIT, YOU STUPID ASSHOLES I'M TIRED OF LOOKING AT IT!"

AND SO THEY DID

AND SATAN WAS LIKE "GOD, CHECK IT OUT, IT'S NOT AS GOOFY LOOKING, I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S GONNA BE PRETTY COOL ONCE EVERYTHING CALMS DOWN!"

AND GOD SAID UNTO SATAN "WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN YOU LITTLE BITCHBOY, ARE YOU DOUBTING MY DIVINITY AS AN ALL KNOWING CREATOR?"

AND SATAN WAS LIKE "UH...NO, I... I JUST... I DID WHAT YOU WANTED..."

AND GOD SAID UNTO HIM "OH, YOU THINK YOU'RE MR. BIG PANTS NOW, HUH? HOW ABOUT THIS SHIT, FAGGOT?!"

AND GOD SMOTE SATAN WITH HIS BIGASS MUSCLE ARM AND STUFFED HIM INTO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

THEN JESUS SHOWED UP AND DID SOME MAGIC TRICKS AND EVERYBODY WAS LIKE "WHOA, HOLY SHIT!"

AND THEN THE ROMANS GOT MAD OR SOMETHING I FORGET

LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY
>>
>>18069897
And that has to do with wat in context of my comment ?
>>
>>18047546
1: Nope
2: Putrefaction/cremation
>>
File: kek.png (289KB, 940x674px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
289KB, 940x674px
>>18058653
>we ascend to the skybox when we die
>>
>>18048208
Hell has no physical suffering or torture of the soul. Hell is a state not a place just like Heaven. In Hell your suffering is of the soul, an existential suffering where there is no hope and a state of The absence of God. Knowing that hope and true love are now unattainable for you. You are cut off from God and eternal happiness. You exist in existential crisis (angst, depression, et cetera) for all eternity.
>>
>>18072227
it means don't talk about shit you don't know shit about the end
>>
>>18048208
Some believe hell is just an abscene of god, which means hell could literally be anything, hell it could be a beautiful green landscape for all we know.
>>
>>18062863
>that image

damn, you reminded me of the shittiest plot device mankind has ever invented
>>
>>18069524
and uhh, what happens when you're completely vaporized by a bomb of some kind?

no nerve cells remain
no way to feel anything

that SCP is full of other holes as well
>>
I see Hell as places in the spiritual world that are reserved for healing, it's not painful and the spirit doesn't suffer, it's just restricted from other places until it's healed. Some spirits have to go to several healing places. Heaven is attained when the spirit is fully healed, and it simply means they have access to knowledge and can communicate with any other healed spirits, but most of the time, they can't go to places that are healing because they don't need it, or there's no spirit from their soul family that they can visit.

I also believe in a kind of "Purgatory", which is like an ultimate healing place for spirits that died ashamed of who they are completely, ones that believed that they were going to the fire-and-brimstone version of Hell in Chirstianity or something similar. This is a flat, 2-dimensional plane that can be seen as a flat plain of grass with nothing on it that stretches on forever, calm, shallow water with no land to wade to, a dimension that is one color and endless, for example. The point is there is nothing there, it's perceived differently between each individual spirit, and it's completely boring & lacking in any kind of stimuli, so that the spirit must heal from within.

Spirits of people who did really dreadful things during their lives, like serial killers or anyone who was just a horrible person that lacked any kind of remorse and did nothing to make up for the things they did, are crammed like sardines into a long, pitch-dark hallway where they can barely move. I like to think of it as the first dimension. It's pretty much a slow-moving line where the next in line has to deal with purgatory, and your position in that line depends on how awful the legacy you left behind in the "real world" was. It's not eternal torture, but fuck do we all hate waiting in line.
>>
>>18050770
You are increasing entropy of the universe just by existing. What the fuck are you talking about? Life does not hold off entropy.It is the most dynamical and chaotic thing ever.

Fucking drug addicts intellectuals...
>>
>>18073531
>"Dude DMT LMAO!"
Yeah, psychonauts can get pretty annoying while they talk to you from out of their ass.
>>
>>18062863

See >>18073530
It sounds kinda like what I see as Purgatory, that's just my opinion but you might find it interesting. Were you having any self-hatred or self-doubt at that point in your life?
>>
File: 1470374131063.jpg (107KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1470374131063.jpg
107KB, 992x880px
>>18060621
>and you're the millions he killed
>>
>>18073530
>I also believe in a kind of "Purgatory", which is like an ultimate healing place for spirits that died ashamed of who they are completely, ones that believed that they were going to the fire-and-brimstone version of Hell in Chirstianity or something similar. This is a flat, 2-dimensional plane that can be seen as a flat plain of grass with nothing on it that stretches on forever, calm, shallow water with no land to wade to, a dimension that is one color and endless, for example. The point is there is nothing there, it's perceived differently between each individual spirit, and it's completely boring & lacking in any kind of stimuli, so that the spirit must heal from within.
If the spirit was that fucked up when they died, I think it's more likely that they'd go insane in that place instead of healing from within. Hell, total lack of stimuli can drive even normal people insane.
>>
>>18047552
Sigh, do people usually post their opinion on here even if it's derived from ignorance and personal opinion of what the person "feels/thinks" the answer is?
>>
File: P60829-052130.jpg (641KB, 1158x1544px) Image search: [Google]
P60829-052130.jpg
641KB, 1158x1544px
>>18047546
>>
Same state as before life.
>>
>>18047552
This is not true at all.
>>
reincarnation
i kinda want to believe what happens is that we are all one soul, like in bruce almighty
>>
>>18047546
Fuck yeah.
Personally they're the exact same thing (some place you just kinda chill in after your life ends with good shit) but there's. just a change of scenery depending on your life and deeds.
>>
>>18047546

There is at a minimum an afterlife. That's at a minimum. I know this because I have generated reality using my consciousness. I can't quite articulate this but because of this reason alone I believe in an afterlife at a minimum.

Right now, i'm going off of Jesus which means there's probably heaven waiting for some of us.
>>
>>18047546
Probably nothing, you just fade away into an empty abyss of nothing.

Most humans live short and insignificant life's that have no real affect on the world. Any heaven or Hell (or anything like those two) would be very much a waste of time and resources.

Although that's just a theory, what happens after death is the same as the god stuff, as in we lack the evidence to determine anything.
>>
File: 1456788298287.jpg (2MB, 900x6491px) Image search: [Google]
1456788298287.jpg
2MB, 900x6491px
>>
>>18047546
Probably nothing. Like before you were born. Wasnt so bad was it? A bit depressing but better than hell
>>
>>18047551
Yep. Beat me to it. Life literally comes after death. Our decaying organic matter becomes part of nature and becomes other living organisms
>>
>>18069486
Good one.
>>
>>18077945
I've heard that several times, and it's just as idiotic every time.
>>
>>18076306
And now I cannot sleep.
>>
File: That'sMetal.jpg (17KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
That'sMetal.jpg
17KB, 500x313px
>>18076306
Brutal.
>>
>>18047552
How can anyone still believe this after any amount of research on the subject.
>>
>>18048384
Saying this as if time is even a thing to the ethereal.
>>
>>18047567
Take some psychs.
>>
>>18063721
Ruminations on Life and Death by Jerome Jenkins

- "It's a masterpiece!!" - says the National Enquirer
>>
>>18052997
>not realizing he meant "consciousness" and not "conscience"
HURR
>>
>>18073531
Elaborate telomeres then you assclown.
>>
>>18047546
Heaven is real. Its very hard to get to though. Hell is a lot of things. We currently reside in one part of Hell, not the worst part though. There are worse planes of existence but more good planes than bad.
>>
File: shutterstock_144636683.jpg (766KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_144636683.jpg
766KB, 1000x1000px
>>18047546
nothing... just a pool of darkness...
>>
Your consciousness returns to the collective while the universe decays into entropy.

The Universe eventually stops expanding and then reverts its course and collapses back into the singularity.

The big bangs happens again and you might exists again. You might not.

These cycles are the reason for all paranormal phenomenon. Like engravings on the fabric of space time past and future itterations of the universe sometimes blend with current reality.

It explains all psychic and pre/post cognitive phenomenon. And also almost all paranormal experiences.

Try to remember that which needs to be done at the proper time next time around.

For the universe expands and contracts like a beating heart. And we might get another go at our current lives.
>>
>>18074063
She isn't using graffiti.
>>
>>18047546
>proof of 'supernatural' happenings
>proof of reincarnation
>enjoy the ride dammit, spread love
>why would a loving god create a place to send the people that didn't like him
>yfw most American's believe in a moody 12 year old spoopy ghost dude
>>
>>18081844
/thread
>>
>>18060621
that story is so dumb
>>
>>18061580
you will also live on as the memory of your actions. when everyone you ever interacted with dies and when all evidence of you dissapears, your life truly ends
>>
>>18061986
that story is retarded
>every time you fuck someone you're fucking yourself
this is what you truly believe.
>>
>>18081905
not 986 but when im to sensitive to the otherside porn gets weird i feel like im looking through a mirror into another dimension sitting there jerking it to hotter versions of myself in a reality that i actually got a girl gets super weird when i feel like im the girl being penetrated by myself
>>
>>18047546
First, God makes you some waffles.
Then, God punches you in the dick.

>>18055484
There's also an idea floating around that everyone is immortal in their own universe. Not so sure I like that one.
>>
>>18056142
>God's not stupid, he'll be able to tell you don't actually mean you're "sorry" for your life of sins.
How does that work?
If you're in some shithole like North Korea and you commit some innocuous "crime" and get executed for it, does that mean you're not "really" sorry you committed the crime? It only means you didn't have information that if you had you wouldn't have committed a "crime".
I don't know for 100% certainty God exists. Therefore, I will act as if God does not exist because lolnoproof. If at some point it is proven to me God exists I WILL be genuinely sorry as in "oh shit that was actually important? Sorry brah I won't do it anymore" and unless you're some fascist "ignorance isn't an excuse" cunt you won't be a total asshole about it.
>>
>>18082106
The north korea example doesn't really work, considering that NK laws don't reflect God's commandments. Also, it's a totalitarian dictatorship, the laws make fuck all sense. Other than that, I believe that in your example it's not a problem unless you're using your lack of faith as an excuse to do some really atrocious shit, in that case then you're only "sorry" because you don't want to be punished.
>>
There's nothing after death and no meaning to life but while we're here we may as well get money.

https://youtu.be/UviLn225Mq4?t=29s
>>
>>18081773
I find this idea incredibly romantic. It reminds me of Mr. Nobody, which got me thinking about living a life worth living back and forth forever.
>>
No. Nothing. Simple.
>>
File: 1452650537930.gif (907KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
1452650537930.gif
907KB, 500x394px
>>18063710

You just avoided the accusations that guy leveled against you.
>>
File: 1454447301269-0.gif (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454447301269-0.gif
29KB, 600x450px
>>18082964

The real question is why a loving god cares what goes down on earth. Really, why does it matter if I killed someone and they got sorted out in the afterlife? That is just an infinitely small part of their existence, and they, and god would understand.

That is why god does not exist.
>>
>>18047546
Atheist here, non-believer in the afterlife.

I was lucky enough not to experience the death for a good portion of my life. My grandmother died when I was too young to remember, but most of my loved ones have lived along side me up until recently, the age of 20. The person I lost was incredibly close to me, and I'm experiencing mourning. It's the worst feeling I've ever had, and now I can totally understand why people feel the need to believe in the afterlife. I mean, I understood it conceptually before, but to actually experience the death of someone really puts it into perspective.

I keep thinking 'man, I wish I believed in Heaven', because the idea of this person being up there still conscious in some form and being in a better place is really comforting. I haven't considered believing in an afterlife, but I can see the temptation. I honestly think it's a legitimate biological mechanism humans have so that they can cope with death but still holding on to the necessary emotions we have.
>>
>>18085724
I've come to the same conclusion. But I'm still religious.
Just decause there is evil-- its not proof that there is no god.
Although Im very young so I'm not convinced that my logic is sound yet.
>>
>>18085724
It matters because in your daily life you displayed behaviour which showed blatant disregard for your fellow man's well being, and the well being of your community, country, etc. Since you didn't show any just thinking and behaviour during your life, why should you deserve paradise in the afterlife?

There are good arguments as to why God wouldn't exist. That's not one of them.
>>
>>18047546
>What comes after death?
for me a sweet nothingness
>>
>>18047546
Emptiness in your mind
it just there is no time no room it will stop for your existance.
>>
I believe that my consciousness will simply fail to exist. It's a very scary thought and I hope I'm wrong, but it's the most likely outcome.
>b-but anon energy can't cease to exist don't you know science? All energy is converted into something else so therefore our consciousness can't cease to exist
Okay, so then what happens when we forget things? If we consider our consciousness as some sort of energy then memories are also some sort of energy that comes from your conscious mind and yet you can very easily drop memories from your conscious mind. Which means that if they have simply been converted into another form of energy, they're not usable to your conscious mind and have functionally ceased to exist. Why would the subconscious act any differently? Why would the parts of our mind that control automatic functions still exist if we didn't have a body?
>pffffffft anon our subconscious doesn't ever forget stuff
Give me a peer reviewed scientific paper that says this. Better yet, what did you eat for breakfast and what were you wearing on February 29 2001 and list word for word every conversation you had that day.
>>
>>18085663
I don't see anything romantic about it, myself.

>got me thinking about living a life worth living back and forth forever
The problem I always have with talk like this is that a lot of people (perhaps even most) don't have nearly as much control over their lives as our cultural myths like to tell us they do.

"Live life to the fullest! Oh, you were crippled in an accident when you were 15 and your life basically ended before it began? Oh, you were born into shit conditions where escape was virtually impossible? Oh, you have extreme depression that no medication can fix? Well, uh..."
>>
>>18047546

We just go back. This earth is a prison sentence for something we did wrong somewhere else. When we leave, we either reincarnate as someone else, or we go back. We keep going until we've learned all the lessons we were supposed to.
>>
>>18086525
>February 29 2001

That's not this timeline, mate.
>>
>>18087134
what if I dont want to learn shit... I am dumb, why god cant understand that
>>
>>18085775
The joke is that people who are *actually* afraid of death are the ones who don't believe in an afterlife. It is because the thought of being frightened excites them, releases serotonin, repeats the cycle. That is how your body works. What excites it keeps it alive. Excitation = things moving. Non-excitation = death. Got it?

Okay. The next part's interesting. People who have died, or come close to death are not afraid of it. They are the ones who come back and tell everyone "Y'know. There's actually a conscious experience on the other side." They sleep deeper, and are generally less excitable. Once you've tasted the deep sleep, it's not as easy to get all panicky and fluttery stomached about it.

Kinda' like losing your virginity.

>tl;dr
Don't worry anon. It only hurts for a little bit, then you learn to like it.
>>
File: earth.jpg (126KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
earth.jpg
126KB, 750x500px
>>18087134
Kinda'.
>>
>>18087153
what if you go to hell tho
>>
>>18087193
The information we get from near-death experiencers suggests that there is no Hell.
>>
>>18087193
What is hell?
>>
>>18047546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2hSFR7HwC0
>>
>>18087206
why would any of them have been going to hell, were they shitty people??
>>
>>18087206
If they aren't actually dead yet, why would they even touch hell?
>>
>>18087206
And a bunch of people who died and came back said there is a Hell. Considering how weird the brain is when you're about to die, who fucking knows what happens.
>>
>>18074063
>complains about someone posting their opinion in a thread where someone asked others opinions

Please kill yourself you self centered little cunt
>>
search tom campbell on youtube
>>
File: 1457467581514.png (427KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1457467581514.png
427KB, 571x540px
>>18047546
Astral. But to each their own beliefs.
>>
>>18047551
This, sort of. We die, and we're switched off, like this anon said. >>18047552

But then 1 billion or 10 billion years or [infinite number] [whatever you want to measure time as] could pass, and suddenly 'you'*1 are born or come to life again. I feel like universes come and go, and this continues on through infinity. I'm quite confident that we just live endless lives, though not in the traditional sense of reincarnation - there's absolutely no link between the lives, 'you' just happen to be the conscious perceiver again.

The comforting news is that it should happen instantly releative to 'your' perception, for 'you' perceive nothing while dead.

I don't believe in spirits or religion or gods or most supernatural stuff. But I do think we live over and over, as different lifeforms, when I think about it logically.
*1(I use the word 'you' very loosely, for it wouldn't be 'you' as you are currently, but merely 'you' consciously perceiving again). I feel like genetics make us much of who we are, as well as environmental experiences. So there'd be nothing at all in common with the two lives, only the conscious perception, viewpoint, 'being'. It's kinda more comforting than eternal blackness, which I don't believe makes any sense anyway, for eventually surely life would arise somewhere in space and time, and eventually again, and infinitely, and through infinite time, eventually 'you' would live somewhere, sometime, again...
>>
>>18088427
Similiar to what i believe. I just think that everything is basically formed by conflicting powers (natural constants/forces like for example gravity). The basis is entropy and a certain need for existence/order ( in reality it is likely more complex). Existence and non existence are happening in phases. You have eternities of nothing (time doesn't matter/exist though) and then periods of existence. I believe when you remove the factor of time possibility becomes certainity thus a new universe/existence will happen (in the grander scheme of things the exact same universe we live in will exist again and again and again...). On the other hand when something exists entropy will end it. In the bigger picture its just infinite possibilities that play out an infinite number of times.
>>
>>18088402
I saw a recent interview with Tom Campbell where he was talking about how the physical world is sort of streamed to us as necessary so we can perceive it. He compared this process to the procedural generation in No Man's Sky and said No Man's Sky would also be a huge step forward for gaming.

Poor guy, to have his theories identified with that trainwreck of a game.
>>
File: ColaGotouryouta.jpg (1MB, 2500x1258px) Image search: [Google]
ColaGotouryouta.jpg
1MB, 2500x1258px
>>18047546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-odIIQORQ4
>>
>>18079284
Such as? I hate when people come and say "Ghosts have been prove real" or "This has been proven false by someone" and don't leave any names or links
>>
>>18047552
This

>>18061264
...You obviously won't. All tools of perception are run by our brains. Without brain function we won't perceive jack shit.
>>
>>18047546
"What do you think comes after the womb?"

And also, I don't believe anything happens after death. Much like the atheist aproach, I think we just go "become the ground and nothing else". Thing is, that's actually super fucking dope.
What better heaven than become one with everything else that ever was, is and will be?
>>
>>18047546

If you want to understand consciousness you must first understand that you are not your ego. When you die, your wants, desires, dreams, identity and everything else that makes you, you, will vanish. However, YOU, will still exist.
>>
>>18089485
>And also, I don't believe anything happens after death. Much like the atheist aproach, I think we just go "become the ground and nothing else". Thing is, that's actually super fucking dope.
No, it really isn't, no matter how many times delusional atheists say it.
>>
>>18089545
>everything else that makes you, you, will vanish. However, YOU, will still exist.
But you might as well not exist. If everything that comprised your identity is erased and you're reduced to a blank template of some kind, it's effectively the same as if the atheists were right and consciousness ends at death.
>>
>>18089553
I might not understood what you menat there, but I'm not atheist, and this opinion of mine is based on real life experimentation with meditation.
Like, trust me on this if you are not gonna try it yourself. Real life is WAY cooler than it looks, you just got used to it. Meditation takes that acomodation right off and you see shit like you are from a whole other dimension and everything is new.
Long story short, I wanna be plant fertilizer when dead. Shit's dope.
>>
>>18089574
Excuse the typing. it's almost midnight here and I'm kinda tipsy, but everything in there is my legit opinion.
>>
>>18089553
The fact that there is nothing after life makes life much more precious.
>>
>>18089586
Kind of that, but I have faith. So I'm not worried about afterlife, I'm sure it's gonna be neat.

Bear in mind that when I say faith I say "the unexplicable impulse, though not through reason nor choice, to believe in something".
>>
>>18089562

It's not the same, because on earth your mind is fragmented and limited. YOU have been construed into the identity you have been given. When you die this vanishes. Likewise, when you reborn, you gain a new one.

YOU and I, are the same entity
>>
Garcin: "Will night never come?"
Inez: "Never"
G: "You will always see me?"
I: "Always"
G: "This bronze. Yes, now's the moment; I'm looking at this thing on the mantelpiece, and I understand that I'm in hell. I tell you, everything's been thought-out beforehand. They knew I'd stand at the fireplace stroking this thing of bronze, with all those eyes intent on me. Devouring me. What? Only two of you? I thought there were more; many more. So this is hell. I'd never have believed it. You remember all we were told about the torture-chambers, the fire and brimstone, the 'burning marl.' Old wives' tales! There's no need for red-hot pokers. Hell is-other people!"

Estella: "My darling, please-"
G: "No! Let me be. She is between us. I cannot love you when she's watching"
E: "Right! In that case, I'll stop her watching."

Estella picks up a knife and stabs Inez several times.

I: "But, you crazy creature, what do you think you're doing? You know quite well I'm dead"
E: "Dead?"
I: "Dead! Dead! Dead! Knives, poison, ropes— useless. It has happened already, do you understand? Once and for all. SO here we are, forever."
E: "Forever. My God, how funny! Forever."

G: "Forever, and ever, and ever... Well, well let's get on with it..."

-An excerpt from the play "No Exit" written by Jaul-Paul Sartre
>>
Ronnie James Dio has it pretty spot on with the whole heaven and hell thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLuUDrrP44k
>>
>>18089656
"It's here on Earth."

Yeah, I'm sure that's very helpful to people who were unjustly murdered and will never get to have Heaven on Earth, or people with one of any number of horrible conditions that prevent them from living a good life.

This rhetoric is just another thing that presumes people have more control over their lives than they actually do. It's delusional bullshit that atheists say to try to distance themselves from the negative implications of atheism being true.
>>
>>18047546
The better question is do we end up in similar places?
>>
>>18089586
Then I suppose you'd love to die the day after tomorrow, since it would make tomorrow so very precious.
>>
>>18089613
I don't want to be you, and you shouldn't want to be me. A universe with only one person in it is boring. How about you be you and I'll be me and neither of us has to cease to exist.
>>
Bliss, complete Union. UNTILL you voluntarily come back which is a big sacrifice that everyone has made
>>
File: Happy ending.gif (994KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
Happy ending.gif
994KB, 400x223px
>>18048237
A byproduct of millions of years of evolution as monkey-people adapted to their surroundings they developed awareness as their brain grew, and now consciousness is just a default ability that our species is born with and it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>18088617
His theories must be blatantly shit then: he was pretty fucking wrong about NMS
>>
>>18091249
The fact that NMS didn't live up to its promises doesn't really discredit the basic idea.
>>
File: 1469940450694.png (42KB, 195x186px) Image search: [Google]
1469940450694.png
42KB, 195x186px
>>18089928
All of this thing called existence will most definitely have a Perfect End. Jrpg type power of friendship overcoming obstacles type shit
>>
>>18047546
>do you believe in Heaven/hell?
Yes.
>What comes after death?
You are particularly judged by the one God of Abraham, and await final judgement in Abraham's bosom/Hades.
>>
>>18047552
>40 fedoras for you
fag
what the fuck are you doing on X anyways?
>>
>>18089824
>its cool if I squander my whole life, at least there is an afterlife
>>
>>18091540
>I sure am glad I'll cease to exist one day, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy this ice cream
>>
>>18091540
>It's great that I'll only ever get to exist as a horribly scarred cripple because there's no afterlife where I'll be healed. I'd much rather delude myself into believing my life is more precious this way instead of having any hope of being whole again.
>>
>>18056218
how come every depiction of jesus has him super shredded with a six pack and nice pecs and shit

apostles were such fags
>>
>>18091643
He was a carpenter. You have to be pretty strong to do that kind of work.
>>
>>18064709

and de'ja'vu is when one timeline overlaps another
>>
>>18060621
interesting concept too bad the author cant write for shit
>>
>>18048384

I think its ridiculous to consider human perception the penultimate way of perceiving the observable universe.

I'll use the light spectrum as an example.

We can observe nothing below red and nothing above violet, yet the spectrum is expansive far beyond that.

Who is to say that principle does not apply to other phenomena?

Besides, until Dark Matter is explained I'm convinced we're just guessing with our theories, getting everything half, maybe a fourth right.
>>
PLEASE LISTEN

I try to tell you people all the time but NOBODY ever wants to listen

THIS IS IT. THIS IS HELL. WE ARE THERE RIGHT NOW.

You think "but wouldn't hell be much worse?"

1 - those who have gotten a glimpse at our true nature all start to understand what is so wrong with this place. it's like a virus, once you get that glimpse there is no going back. and it will eat away at you. i know a couple people who couldn't handle this. they killed themselves. i have trouble with it too but i can't kill myself, because....

2 - THEY ARE NOT HONEST ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AFTER YOU "DIE." YOU THINK WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IS NOT SO BAD, BUT YOU'RE BEING SET UP LIKE SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. this is probably where the myth of heaven and hell comes from but in reality it is a bait and switch. if the scientific community had any sense they would be putting all effort into finding a way to stop this. please, BELIEVE ME, what is coming next is REALLY REALLY BAD. You are being FOOLED. The purpose of this is JUXTAPOSITION.

please spread the word, i hope that once enough people at least know about this we will have time to do something about it. I used to say "i'm not afraid to die"

well, if you think that you should change your attitude because you got another thing coming. I AM VERY AFRAID TO DIE.
>>
>>18092377
So what really happens when we die?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 680x680px
>>18092377
I don't want to die but I don't spend my whole life living worrying about death like an IDIOT thanks
>>
>>18047546
Hebrews 9:27

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Your answer is in Christ. There is a Heaven to gain and a Hell to shun for you my friend.
>>
>>18051159
Come back prodigal, while there's still time.
>>
>>18050580
Amen, we must be washed in the blood.
>>
>>18091396
We are no longer held to Abrahams bosom/Hades.

Christ led captivity captive to Heaven, from upper hades.
>>
>>18085724
God set a standard, we do not make or alter that standard. He is the very standard to live by.
>>
>>18089433
The one who makes the initial claim has the burden of proof, retard.

Can you prove that nothingness exists after death?
>>
>>18055365
God does not torture nor send anyone to Hell.

If you choose against God and reject the only way to be washed clean of your sins, then you are in danger of Hell, because the wages of sin is death and God is holy. The first sinner Lucifer is the reason Hell was created. "For the devil and his angels" Therefore with man now infiltrated with sin, Christ had come and made a sacrifice for all mankind to free those in sin through His precious blood. All I see is love and a savior who saw what was ahead of me and rescued me. Sin is what kills, and sin is what takes you to Hell. Not God, now those who willfully and knowingly reject God, He then honors your decision by allowing you to go to Hell and not Heaven. That's why Jesus is the only way.
>>
>>18082106
Check the red sea egyptian wreckage. The top of mount sinai still charred from the fire of God. and the alters at the base of the same mountain. There's plenty of evidence. God proves the evidence to me, all that the bible stands true of is just confirmation to me.
>>
>>18092377
This is the closest to hell christians will experience, but the real hell is not on earth, but in the heart of the earth.
>>
>>18047546
I'm optimistic, that because the universe is seemingly so pointless, that there is some sort of other "real" world beyond the intangible black fabric.
My guess is we after we die, we regain control and consciousness of a real body in some sort of hub. Hopefully for those of us less fortunate in our experiences here, we will be able to remember and share our stories or even "relive-ments" with each other, also the possibility to use a sort of "spectator mode" to explore the parts of the universe we never got to see.
>>
>>18092377
>you are a fag
>>
File: Oblivion it's gameover ya Cunt.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion it's gameover ya Cunt.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>18047546
Nothing
>>
>>18093350
>Hopefully for those of us less fortunate in our experiences here
I'm glad to see someone other than me giving some consideration to those people. I find that the "death makes life meaningful" people tend to just ignore the less fortunate.
>>
>>18047546
I believe in a Heaven and Hell as an eternal home for departed souls.
>>
>>18092377
Maybe explain then, you shitposting fuck.
>>
>>18093350
>>18093477
Hopefully these
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.