[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What hardware is recommended for amateur evp recording?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: innkeepers.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
innkeepers.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
What hardware is recommended for amateur evp recording?
>>
Bump. +what is evp really? Voice of spirits? Echoes from the past(/future/other worlds)?
>>
>>18046577
AFAIK anything that can record audio can be used. Then you need an audio processing software. You can use audacity.

Some of the earliest evps were captured on tape decks with brand new cassette.
>>
just use a digital voice recorder like you'd use for doing dictation
>>
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 700x394px
>>18046584
"Electrode voice phenomenon"
>>
>>18046627
My gf is a paranormal investigator. She uses this exact recorder.

In her 10 years of sincerely approaching anomalous investigations, she only has two recordings that she's marked as "of interest".

She has a bunch of other equipment too, but she claims that she's never gotten interesting evidence with any of it before.
>>
>>18046998
at least she's intellectually honest enough to not claim she hears shit that isn't there
>>
>>18046972
Is that what they call it?
>>
cool thread!
>>
>>18048582
Yes.

Real life paranormal investigators were really pissed off about it. Could they not do even the smallest bit of research? It's electronic voice phenomenon, it has never once been referred to as electrode.
>>
>>18046998
For having conducted anomalous investigations, two instances of EVP in ten years is a good track record.
>>
Tape is the way to go brah

Electronic recorders have built in methods of canceling out certain unwanted frequencies. Tape is more sensitive to all spectrums if you have a good mic

Also I don't believe it's ghosts talking but still fun to do cause I see it as a subconscious exercise like an aural Rorschach which can be learned from
>>
>>18051452
Hipster trash.
>>
>>18051509
why is that hipster? The old school magnet tape is effected by a larger spectrum of wavelengths, does understanding the science of it make me a hipster?
>>
File: Ray_GB1.jpg (17KB, 520x324px) Image search: [Google]
Ray_GB1.jpg
17KB, 520x324px
>>18046972
>>18049325
Fucking hell. I mean, Stantz got the date for the Tunguska Event wrong, but EVP is a really fucking big one.
>>
>>18051452
>aural Rorschach
Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

There are some very clear EVPs, but the nature of EVP research is that you can't often see if the claims are legitimate, because you can't see if they have someone near the mic faking it.

Mostly it just sounds like someone's shuffling feet, then someone insists it says "GET OUT."
>>
File: eight track recorder.jpg (144KB, 1024x650px) Image search: [Google]
eight track recorder.jpg
144KB, 1024x650px
>>18046577
>What hardware is recommended for amateur evp recording?
eight track recorder
it allows to record 8 ghosts at the time
>>
>>18051527
It's only affected by whatever wavelengths can make it through the shit quality electronics.
>>
>>18051442
Then why do Ghost Adventures get evp recordings at every place they visit? Is Zack just seriously level?
>>
>>18051549
I always figured Ghostbusters Universe ran on different rules. And that somehow the Tunguska event happening a year later shaped science as we know it slightly differently.
>>
Can I use the sound recorder on my mobile phone to capture evps ?
>>
related: i have had good/interesting experiences using a radio tuned to a dead station during seances
>>
>>18054390
Id be interested to hear them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.