[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assyrian Monster Invasion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
There's this book that talks about something called "the Asyyrian Monster Invasion" (look at pic). I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this
>>
>>18045184
Well you can probably read that book for starters
>>
The book doesn't give anymore info besides this page. It's barely anything, and it's strange that I can't find any info anywhere else
>>
Well Denys of Tell-Mahre looks like some kind of variant spelling of Dionysius of Tel-Mahre so they're probably talking about the Zugnin Chronicle
>>
https://books.google.com/books?id=8mJttYrBJL8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=Chronicle:+Known+Also+as+the+Chronicle+of+Zuqnin&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibgPHUrs_OAhXB6SYKHYHBBgoQ6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=Chronicle%3A%20Known%20Also%20as%20the%20Chronicle%20of%20Zuqnin&f=false

Here is volume 3 of the Chronicle. Seems to be the only one available to read online, so maybe poke around in there?
>>
File: 1398340778485.png (362KB, 396x444px) Image search: [Google]
1398340778485.png
362KB, 396x444px
>>18045184
holy shit op thanks for the story
shit gave me chills
>>
File: 1471563128223.jpg (239KB, 1090x897px) Image search: [Google]
1471563128223.jpg
239KB, 1090x897px
>>
Check out a documentary called "The Wizard of Oz" it's filled with those Assyrian Monsters they actually go by the modern day name of "Flying Nig-Nogs" not to be confused with Tuskegee Airman.
>>
>>18045198
>it's strange that I can't find any info anywhere else

No it isn't.
>>
>>18045184
Could this possibly be one of those encyclopedia articles that are just made up to protect the authors from copyright infringement? Pretty hard to say you didn't plagiarize when you include something like that. I forget the name of this practice. Anyone know the word?
>>
Moreover, frightful and dreadful animals appeared after this pestilence. They did not fear anything, nor did they run away from or were scared of people, but killed a countless number of them. They looked somehow like wolves, although they were a bit different from wolves in that the muzzle of each one of them was narrow and long. They had big ears, like those of a horse, and the hair, long and raised skyward, that covered their dorsal ridge looked like pig’s hair.[3] They caused great harm to the people in Tur-‘Abdin. People said that they devoured more than one hundred men in one village, and in many others, twenty men in some, forty or fifty in others. People were not able to hurt any of them, /p.369/ nor did these flee from people. And if there were people who chased one of them with weapons, they were unable to do any harm to it. Nor did it run away from them but returned against them; and as their hands let loose their weapons, it jumped on them and tore them into pieces. They used to break into houses and courtyards, snatching children and leaving, and there was no one to oppose them. Some of them climbed up high roofs during the night, snatching children from their houses, and then came down, and there was no one to oppose them. Not even dogs barked at any one of them! Because of this, this region suffered a more cruel and harsh calamity than all the ones which it had experienced before. Two or three persons were not able to walk together. Nor were cattle seen anywhere, because they were devoured by one of the animals; for if one of them went among goats or sheep, it snatched some of them.
>>
How can we explain this cruel scourge except to say that these animals were sent against us by God? It became clear to everyone that they received this power from God, because neither dogs nor people were able to do any of them any harm. It is said: I will gather evils against them. Behold the punishments of the merciless tribute and the flight from one place to another! Behold famine, pestilence and various diseases! Behold the rapine and plundering of each other and of one district by its neighbour! Not only did all the cattle of the country perish during this year, but the birds of prey tore apart the unburied human corpses everywhere. In addition to this, behold the rapacious animals! These animals crossed over to the land of Arzanene and caused great harm /p.370/ in one village, as well as in the region of Maipharqat and in the Sahia mountain. The damage in Amida was little.

3. The description of the animal is no doubt that of the hyena, a Greek name derived from “pig” because of the animal’s bristly mane.

http://www.roger-pearse.com/weblog/2009/11/04/the-chronicle-of-zuqnin-ps-dionysius-of-tell-mahre/
>>
>they also rav-

go on......
>>
>>18046143
what interests me is the armenia bit
>fled to armenia

armenia just had a genocide 1990 or 2000, but it was covered up by the media (?) and nobody did shit about it i guess)
maybe theres some related
>>
Well, how were the beasts ultimately defeated?
>>
>>18045184

https://archive.org/stream/chroniquededeny00chabgoog#page/n5/mode/2up

Unfortunately, my french is non-existent. Any french fries around ?
>>
bump for interest...
>>
http://www.wisdomlib.org/mesopotamian/book/myths-and-legends-of-babylonia-and-assyria/d/doc7171.html
>>
>>18045769
Kek.
>>
>>18046261
They didn't, these beasts are now known more commonly as white people
>>
>>18045184
The monsters were actually the introduction of the jews to the Assyrian empire
>>
>>18046156
Didn't the Turks try to eliminate the Armenians during WW1?
>>
File: jewish-vampire.jpg (12KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
jewish-vampire.jpg
12KB, 300x222px
>>18045184
Sounds like Jews
>>
>>18048734
you are stupid,but you know that already.
isn't that interesting that such a small nation has so much power in the World and over your miserable life.
>>
>>18045184
This sounds like some made up bullshit to qualify for a German welfare system, Syrians do that all the time. That whole ISIS thing? Never happened.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.