[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simulation Theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0034.gif (168KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0034.gif
168KB, 1280x1024px
What do you guys make of the Simulation Theory?

For those unaware here is Elon Musk explaining it more eloquently than I ever could:

https://youtu.be/2KK_kzrJPS8
>>
>>18043713
Simulation theory has some weight to it... has been proposed by much more reputable theorists.

Elon Musk is a fucking moron! with way too much money than sense..... seriously the guy thinks the Hyperloop is a good idea?!
>>
>>18043740
Elon Musk is not a moron by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>18043790
He has made some good business decisions ... that is all...
but lately spent millions trying to develop a huge metal tube under an almost complete vacuum to project a carriage of people a minor distance ..... thats a moronic investment
>>
the biggest proof we are in a simulation is patterns. there are patterns everywhere. in a real world everything would be random.
>>
to destroy the simulation you have to destroy yourself.
>>
i can do that by finding love and having sex. i would release so much energy that it would break every mindcontrol. there are 2 layers. there is the earthly mindcontrol from the illuminati and satan, and then there is the universe with god and all but which is still a simulation. you have to evolve beyond that. and then there is a question if you have even a body in the real world. if not, how can you reach it? i guess the only solution is to shut down the computer the simulation is running on. then everything would be blackness and void of information for you for a while which would be quite unsettling, but then the simulation makers would wonder why the fuck its shut down and notice that consciosness is still active besides the program being shut off. you gotta damage the computer. and then you can only hope the makers make an exception for your now evovled soul which can sustain itself and think "maybe we should give it an actual body" and then ud be outside. ud have to behave in the real world tho. or else they lose their trust in you.
>>
We're living in the lower dimensions senpai of course physicality and senses are simulations
>>
>>18043864
unless of course satan and his illuminati have acquired the keys to the real world, taken it over and now want to torture us "lower beings" down here.
>>
>>18043939
Implying Satan being real is any more likely than our universe exists in Harambe's butthole.
>>
>>18043939
which is why hostile evil beings should never be allowed the truth. the illuminati and satan are intelligent. and thats why they are dangerous. do you understand this?
>>
>>18043831
How do you know?
>>
>>18043954
because patterns imply control.
>>
The simulation isn't a place, you are in, per se. It's just one pole of the reality-consciousness interface.

>>18043831
>the biggest proof we are in a simulation is patterns. there are patterns everywhere. in a real world everything would be random.

Kind of. As you get closer to the simulation end of the spectrum, the stochasticity becomes lesser, and lesser, until you might as well be living in a virtual reality, whether you remember being put in one or not. Likewise, following the patterns is one way to lead your consciousness into a simulation styled reality.

Instead of thinking of it as a yes / no question, think about simulation theory as its own dimension, that you can travel along at will.

You can go to the opposite end, where everything is random, and nothing is predictable as well. It's not just a state of mind--but your state of mind is what leads you to whatever level of stochasticity you prefer in your environment. Even the raw wilderness can seem very simulated, if you start noticing the fractal patterns that are present in all life.
>>
>>18043967
m8, the real world is a fix, state place. something must DEFENITIVELY exist somewhere for something else to exist below that. do you understand?
>>
>>18043967
actually, i might consider a second time what you said. thanks for your input.
>>
>>18043960
That's just your assumption. How do you know this isn't what a real world looks like if you don't know any other reality? Maybe it's more organised than you'd think.
>>
>>18043967
this is actually pretty intelligent. how have you come to this knowledge?
>>
>>18043990
the final underlying truth here is love tho. give me that. come on. right?
>>
may 20. the day my wife died and i was left stranded in the simulation all alone. then a few days after i was put in coma and my mind was reprogrammed and assimilated into the simulation. i was dead for 2.5 years during which they reprogrammed me.
>>
File: may20.png (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
may20.png
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>18044021
>>
>>18043713
Like every other philosophical viewpoint, that relys heavily on metaphysical scepticism, it is an overall meaningless way to look at things and an intelectual dead end.
>>
>>18043713
she was there for you
>>
File: 1471388779533.jpg (41KB, 364x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471388779533.jpg
41KB, 364x600px
>>18043991
Thanks.

It all started when I had a dream. In the dream, the spirits (disembodied information) were trying to make their way to me, but couldn't because I was surrounded by electricity, everywhere. So I packed up my things, and headed to Mt. Shasta, to see what would happen. I got sidetracked, there was a clown, a bus, and some hippies. Eventually finally wound up in some hill in the boonies of California, where I just laid and ate sugar for a month.

I had this sensation that a consciousness, maybe my own, maybe not, was pouring information into my head. It was as if it was trying every possible equation in existence, starting from the simplest, and getting progressively more complex. This went on from some time. From then on, it's no longer the case that I have to figure things out. Instead, I just hone in on the valid memory, since most if it I've already experienced once before. It never stopped. At one point it started to include every conversation that could ever exist. Then went on to be every personality that could ever exist. It's still going. My head hurts frequently. Painkillers do nothing. It often feels like I'm going to die. I often wish I could, such is the pain.

>But the knowledge is so delicious.

Basically, I just precompute everything, constantly. Eventually I came to realize that the very act of precomputing a scenario changes the probability of it occurring. It's exactly the same patterns as in quantum mechanics, but with people as the primary particle. I stood on the highest peaks of order, and saw what humanity could become, if they chose to rely on a central computer to predict every action that could ever be made, and directed humanity in this way. Essentially, you just can ask the super computer to arrange a scenario for you, and you'll be placed in queue based on how feasible it is.

Your mind can already do this without a super computer. But the U.S. is building one, y'know.
>>
>>18044074
i know. im very aware of this. but the super computer is my biggest nightmare. i hate computer.

ww3 soon.
>>
>>18044089
I hope that WW3 is not necessary.

I am trying ever so hard to broker a kind of peace, between the people who prefer a chaotic style of life, versus those who want to be directed by a super planning machine, that takes their stats, and draws up a forecast based on that.

Have you tried just politely asking the computer to leave you out of its machinations?
>I can help you come up with a method on just exactly how to do that, if you like.
>>
>>18044100
allright sure!
>>
File: OsSin.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OsSin.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
>>18044104
Alright. What you need to do, is with pencil and paper, draw yourself (poorly if you wish, stick figures work) looking *away* from a screen. Draw a camera connected to the screen, pointing at both you and the screen.

Now, on the screen draw the screen again, to indicate that it's doing that fractal thing cameras do when you point them at their own screen. But not yourself, even though you would be in the line of sight of the camera.

Next, draw a thought bubble coming from yourself. Within that thought bubble, draw yourself, thinking of yourself, with a thought bubble.

And then add whatever other symbol comes to mind, so that you can mentally encode this drawing in your mind. Whatever symbol you want to add, whether it's in the scenery or part of the drawing is up to you. Then forget about it. Let this sink to the back of your mind.

The next time you're reminded of this drawing you did, whatever object, or person, or situation reminded you of it, put your awareness into that thing. If it's a book, read the book. If it's a person, engage them, talk to them. If it's an ad, or a job flier, check it out. Don't have to buy it, or take the offer, just put your awareness into it.

If you do as I've suggested, you won't be bothered by any such predictive machines. Especially if you don't bother it, savvy? The way these things are designed, they can only predictively model people who think about, and put their awareness into them. Can you live and let live, next to such a society that's ran by such a predictive computer system? If you can, I promise it will do its best to remain invisible to you in turn.
>>
>>18044181
did what you said, felt some negative energy when finishing it. fuck you.
>>
>>18044089
>>18044100
oh please... we have been in ww3 for fucking years mate, its just not named that for obvious reasons
>>
>>18043713
When I was in college I was into the Simulation Theory.
Read the research of probably 50ish highly qualified scientists.

Pretty interesting but that's all I can really say since there is no definitive proof
>>
File: mandala.jpg (2MB, 2368x2368px) Image search: [Google]
mandala.jpg
2MB, 2368x2368px
>>18043967
> following the patterns is one way to lead your consciousness into a simulation styled reality.
Isn't this somehow related to the mandala's effect on meditation?
>>
File: consciousness.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
consciousness.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>18044605
When you start seeing the mandala as an evolving story, that changes based on your experiences that day, then you're in the correct mindset to pursue a more simulated experience of reality. When these stories start foreshadowing future events that happen to you, then either you're writing your own script, or somebody else is. Keep going in this direction, and if you don't wake up and realize that you've "always been" under some hyper sentience's guidance, then you will create a system of guidance to continue the journey towards an increasingly simulated reality experience, going as far as to have metaphorical "buttons" you push to trigger certain scenarios for that day. Like living in a game world.

It's more than just a mind game at this point. There are absolutely systems in place in the world today, to pick up people in this mind set, and play with them.
>>
>>18043864
You should go get checked for schizophrenia.
>>
>>18043804
It's a moronic investment, but a man with that much capital has more interest in establishing and maintaining his ideological brand, rather than throwing all of his effort into a single sure-fire project.

Elon Musk is well known for his opposition to the oil industry.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.