[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am interested in why people are attracted to cult leaders.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Cult Of Truth.jpg (30KB, 219x214px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Of Truth.jpg
30KB, 219x214px
I am interested in why people are attracted to cult leaders. I had a small "cult" in high school which spread beyond my original intentions. We called it "The cult of Truth". Each day my followers were required to draw the symbol on the back of their left hand. Later I saw photos of people in middle school who had also drawn the symbol on the back of their hand, this understandably weirded me out.

What started as a joke amongst friends grew beyond my knowing. It was in a small way like a gang, people in the group asking what should or should not be done. Teachers were concerned and asked "members" what the symbol meant. It meant nothing. It merely came to me in a dream and I began to draw it all the time. The symbol seemed to take on a power of its own.

Has anything like this ever happened to you guys?
>>
That wasn't really them being attracted to a cult or cult leader then, since you guys didn't even know the middle school kids were doing it or encourage them to.

To answer your question as asked, people who join cults are usually women seeking to contextualize some traumatic or generally "bad" recent event or longrunning trait in their lives. In addition to the merely mental-intellectual perk of having the anxiety of not understanding life or something in it removed, the appeal of being a cult member is that it essentially allows one to regress to a childlike role, where the cult leader or leaders play the parental role of the person who can be trusted to have all the answers and make all the decisions for you — another reason why it appeals to people in vulnerable states of mind, either those who have experienced something traumatic recently and don't know what's what anymore or don't want to be themselves any longer, or who never had that sort of dependable, safe guidance when they were younger (the same sort of people who are stereotyped as having "daddy issues").

Men usually join cults in pursuit of the women already in them, the sexuality of whom the cult leaders tend to monopolize as well, basically pimping them out or using their vaginas as a carrot-on-a-string to get men to join and feed more money and manpower into the organization. That's not to say there aren't also men who join for the same reasons I just outlined as being the normal ones for women, though.
>>
>>18042166
Sounds more like a "cool kids club" situation than anything.
>>
>Cult_Of_Autism.jpg
>>
>>18042166
That's not how you run a highschool cult, faggot.
>>
>>18042201
I had not considered that. It's a very interesting point which adds a whole new level of sickness to cults for me. They prey on the vulnerable. Even without intention my "cult" lured in the most vulnerable angry metal kids in my school, and a couple of goth girls too.

>>18042212
That is exactly how you run a high school cult, you degenerate beta scum.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.