[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep or Lack Thereof

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1460901637200.jpg (23KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
1460901637200.jpg
23KB, 218x300px
So /x/, how long have you forced yourself to stay awake? Did you have any visions or hallucinations you can remember?

>be me
>traveling across the country
>really late out, been up almost for 3 days
>start seeing weird lights (all of them were symmetrical) and even faces in the night sky
>one of the faces looks like my great grandpa
>those lights don't make sense, they aren't stars or anything like that; look like 100s of lines wrapping around the whole sky
>drink some more coffee - fucking disgusting shit - to stay up past midnight
>two hours later I'm still watching the sky and freaking out cause it is all wrapped up by these strands of light
>finally pass the fuck out and have the weirdest dreams about climbing a tree or large rope of some sort that was upside down and underwater
Still can't bring myself to try it again.

Well, /x/, how about you?
>>
>>18039811
I've been awake for like 2 weeks straight. No fun hallucinations or anything, just emotional instability. Shit sucks man. I believe that if you push yourself to stay awake for too long your brain gets used to it and you eventually develop insomnia. So you should probably not stay awake so long.
>>
>>18041204
I've heard about this before, it has to do with the body acclimating to less sleep. Since most people sleep on daily cycles, messing with that standard changes your internal clock and the various cellular systems associated with it.
>>
File: awakening.jpg (516KB, 600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
516KB, 600x1300px
>>18039811
>those lights don't make sense, they aren't stars or anything like that; look like 100s of lines wrapping around the whole sky

So sacred geometry? Like what you see on a fatass dose of really good L?
>>
>>18039811
The longest was close to 80 hours when I was 16.

It was summer vacation and my parents left town for several days. I would spent the day BMXing with friends, then come home in the evening and play Diablo II with them all night, and start again the next day. When my folks got home they were pretty pissed I drank soooooo much coffee.

I never saw anything remotely weird during that time, but I'm one of those individuals that functions on very little sleep. To this day I still only sleep about 6 hours a night. I don't stay up nearly as long anymore, but every few months I stay up for about 40 hours to do extra work or shitpost.

I do have weird sleep functions though. I sometimes sleeptalk or sleepwalk, sometimes I "wake up" and go into the bathroom or another room and can't "see" the light when I turn on the switch and will flicker the lights until I snap out of it, and on a few occasions I've even been startled awake by seeing disembodied faces above the bed (Although last time it happened I literally threw myself out of the bed punching wildly at what I saw)
>>
>>18041700
I honestly couldn't say anon. I'm almost positive it was a hallucination but then again I don't experiment with drugs. The general vibe did eventually shift into anxiety, but the visions themselves were not trippy as much as they were impressionable, if that makes any sense. I was not able to bring myself to look away because what I was seeing felt so out of the ordinary.
>>
File: asdf.png (2MB, 1792x618px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
2MB, 1792x618px
>>18041757
Like this?

Really does sound like the shit you see on a heavy dose, always thought of it as a visual metaphor for the interconnection of all existence in the grand web of cause and effect that binds us all
>>
>>18041750
>I've even been startled awake by seeing disembodied faces above the bed
Did you recognize any of the faces? Did a face remind you of someone you once knew or saw?

>>18041790
Sorta. They did not seem to converge on any point in the sky however. They did cross, and I remember it being at close to right angles. Also they were really bright.
>>
File: Alex_Grey_oversoul.jpg (274KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Grey_oversoul.jpg
274KB, 750x1000px
>>18041834
Yeah that's just an art installation meant to try and recreate that sort of visual. Here's another image that sort of tries to invoke that imagery. Sounds like you were just tripping. A lack of sleep is its own drug, you know.
>>
>>18039811
>3 days with coffee only in 6th grade
> 14 days smoking crystal in my early 20's
> either way the hallucinations start at day 3
>>
>>18039811
I get about 4 hours a night, a lot of those drinking, and it catches up to you. Give yourself a good night of 9+ hours every so often to stay sane basically
>>
>>18041700
>>18041757
I have seen "hallucinations" in the sky after sleep deprivation. I was watching a meteor shower, and also days after that, saw blinking lights moving in strange patterns. They weren't planes or helicopters. They were all red and white in a blinking pattern, that traveled in strange paths in the sky
>>
>>18041834
No.
The first time it ever happened it was something very, very dark like some sort of shadow man with piercing glowing triangular eyes. I was "awoken" by a roommate at the time because I was making weird snarling noises while sitting up in bed, but I waved them off and went back to sleep immediately. I didn't even remember it until the next day when the roommate told me of it, and I suddenly remembered the whole thing and that I was "talking" to it telling it to leave only in some sort of guttural language.

The last time it happened - when I literally threw myself out of bed - it was a very human face and I could make out a lot of details. It was an old face with wrinkles and sagging bags under their eyes, seemed to be male as it had no hair, but it doesn't look like anyone I know or knew who is deceased. Unlike the very first time something like this happened where the "thing" was so black I couldn't see through it this face was actually a pale whitish blue that could be seen through like some sort of stereotypical depiction of ghost. After swinging at it the face just sort of backed up and disintegrated.

I'm one of those skeptical people who doesn't really want to believe in the supernatural and chalk it up to an overactive subconscious, but honestly it still disturbs me even if the idea I punched a ghost is kind of funny.
>>
I was awake on my third night in a row doing theoretical math after being on adderall nearly the entire time awake. Dark room, 2-5am at my computer. I started seeing dragons behind my monitor and birds in my monitor.

My monitor has kind of a grainy matte finish and I was starting to make "sense" of it by visualizing anything I wanted from it, usually large flapping birds/phoenixes. I could do it on command and a few other times when up for days I've hallucinated bizarre visual cartoony sequences from chaotic textures like my bathroom floor.

The new and exciting thing was the dragon. There was a full blown dragon neck and head extending up from behind my monitor. Just moving around while I did my math. It was spectacular but at no single point did I ever stop focusing on my math. It was one of the best few hours of my life. I remained awake for another 14 hours but the hallucinations stopped when I took my next adderall pill to be awake for work.
>>
>>18041957
continued

I've stayed awake for roughly 60-90 hours a few times and one time 5 days, but only that one time did it go so far as to hallucinate something on the level of that dragon. The bizarre cartoony sequences are consistently there after 3 days though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.