[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fourth dimension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (109KB, 847x615px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
109KB, 847x615px
I'm looking for more information on this crazy ass theory that is even backed up by science.

It states that almost every religion is based upon the same principle: The deities in all of them came from another place, from heaven, from an invisible paradise, you get the idea.

Now, in science it is accepted the we live in the third dimension and that there are probably an infinite number of them. And since we live the third dimension, we are like a shadow, a projection of the fourth dimension. Supposedly this fourth dimension beings can therefore see us not as we are, but we were and will be, simultaneously young and old.

Even Plato came with a similar idea with "the world of ideas" and "the sensible world".

Then there's the whole string theory which indicates that EVERYTHING is made of vibrating "strings" as have many religions have told us: God is in everything.

Fuck, i don't know this seems like the mother of all theories but i don't know enough and i want to know all i can about it, if there is any info.

So, have you any links, books or anything about this that you can suggest?
>>
>>18037000
your butchering a lot of separate theories and mixing pseudoscience into there buddy, I'd read a physics book if I were you.
>>
>>18037015
I've already had, just trying to find something more, plus those trips can't lie
>>
We live in 4 dimensions, we exist in time
>>
File: 1471401709073.jpg (484KB, 752x950px) Image search: [Google]
1471401709073.jpg
484KB, 752x950px
>>18037019
>>18037015
>>18037000
Thing is,you are 4th dimensional subject,living in 3 dimensional world.That is why,you are experiencing time.You can control matter around you,by lets say picking up your mouse,but can you pick up time?Nope.In our kind of ,,reality" time is bend-able.Lets say you go near blackhole.Time slows down for you.But you cant grab it an sqeeze it.

Now,lets pretend that there is 5 dimensional object,living in 4 dimensional world.He can see you both,as dead and alive because time is just a straight line for him.As we do,he can do with this whatever he wants-but the what the fuck doesnt stop here.Lets say that this 5 dimensional object can bend 5 th dimmension,which is possibility-as you would say something happening or not.He is god for us.

But 6 th dimensional object,would be a god for him.The list goes on.
>>
>>18037000
The fourth dimension is literally time. All known physical phenomena occur within four dimensions. Your entire life plays out in the fourth dimension.

String theory proposes more dimensions, but beyond the study of physics, this information is meaningless to the common man.
>>
>>18037033
Just to simplify it:
3 dimensions,are basic and they explain how the matter is distributed.Whether,in this or this direction.

4th dimension,explains the state of matter in given moment.Now,or 4 minutes later from now.If combined with 3 basic dimensions,it shows where and when the matter is.

5th dimension,shows us what can happen to matter.Lets say,you have a lolipop-it has its 3 dimensions,its NOW in the time you are holding it,but what will happen to this lolipop is done in 5th dimension.The propability-you can eat it,or drop it.If you were 6 dimensional being,you could see the hyperposition of this lolipop-where its both,droped,eaten and blown up by a nuke.

6th dimension tells us the possibility.You could have a tank,not a lolipop-that is what you would call 6th dimension.The overall change.

To simplify you that,lets say that you have 3 dim lolipop.eaten(5th dimension) right now (4 dimension).6 th dimension tells us that,you could be eating a tank instead of a lolipop.

7th dimension is the farthest people have gotten yet,its the string theorem itself.i dont have to talk much about it,as you propably know that.
>>
>>18037036
As I said:we live in 3 dimensional world.World itself,has 3 dimensions,4 th dimension is being experienced by us so on,it cant be part of our world.We live by it,and not IN it.

By saying physics,you simplify this term.As long,as we are talking of most basic fields of physics,describing gravity etc,yes there are 4 dimensions.But beyond that,lets start with overall hated quantum physic,which is not being affected by laws of basic physic.
>>
>>18037000
Dude the fourth dimension is just timespace and we've known what "heaven" was for quite some time too.
>>
>>18037074
I sincerely hope English is not your primary language.
>>
I always liked this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ca4miMMaCE

However, I was told that this is not the conventional understanding of dimensions so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>18037085
Unfortunelly,not.
As I live and speak IRL its easier.I dont have to look for mistakes just to make it readable.
>>
Before the title of "fourth dimension" came to be applied to time in common usage, some esoteric/occult authors used the term to describe what later became termed the "astral plane." Although that term is still in usage, more modern writings tend to throw the term around loosely. For example, most people who claim to have astrally projected were actually experiencing mental projection. The Qabalistic "Yetzirah," the world of formation, also refers to the same general concept as the astral plane or fourth dimension.
>>
>>18037015
It didn't have many pictures and it made my head hurt
>>
Square land read it broseph eldritch press
>>
>>18037147
But it does make sense.In astral,we can meet beings living there,also time is not felt there.Idk if you actually OOBE'd much,but you can literally spend ,,days" here in just one go.
>>
>>18037221
If you're referring to the difference between astral and mental projection, I wasn't implying lucid dreaming or trying to say that it's all in your head.

The mental body is fully capable of travelling to the astral plane, as well as the mental plane, which is essentially what Plato described as the world of ideas. The astral body on the other hand can only go into the astral plane, but the experience is intense and feels more "real" than physical sensory experience.

Also, many older writings refer to astral projection as being extremely dangerous. Many modern writers discount this because their projections aren't dangerous, which reinforces the notion that they're projecting mentally.
>>
>>18037252
Ouchie,we hit the wall there.
I must have mixed those two-darn it,wikipedia!

I meant,astral projecting as shamanishm path/OOBE like things.Where your soul,travels to astral.And I thought,that you were refering tothat 4th dimensional world,is astral,where it well does sum up.No time experience,higher beings,its own laws.
Mental plane,is more like wonderland then?This kind,of when you Lucid dream,just so intense?

Also,astral projection is desu,a new thing-sounds suprising,doesnt it?We know,like nothing sure about this,because its still in the paranormal theme/science field,so we can only relly on religious writings and modern occultism.Saying that something is dangerous,or it is not is a personal feeling.
>>
>>18037279
I'm...not really sure where to begin with this, so I'll start by referencing a more modern source.

In Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics," the author describes the process of producing the "astral body," or the double. He also describes what he calls the "etheric body" and says that this is what keeps the body alive and separating it would cause death.

The thing is, his descriptions of the astral body and astral projection line up perfectly with older occultists' description of the MENTAL body, and his "etheric" body also lines up with their description of the astral body. The difference is that older occultists say that a form of separation IS possible. Not total separation, as that would indeed cause death, but mostly separated with a tiny portion still connected - the often referenced, seldom seen "silver cord." While in this state, breathing ceases and the person appears dead.

The danger described in this is that the silver cord can break, causing death, and all it takes is a physical touch from another living being.

Also, it's by no means a new thing. It's ancient, and every culture has a different name for it.
>>
>>18037000
>Even Plato came with a similar idea with "the world of ideas" and "the sensible world".
Nice trips, and yes Plato was fully aware of the 4th dimension and it's influence on our own, though the best analogy he could offer at the time was the Allegory of the Cave

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

in summary what we perceive in this dimension to be real is an after-effect of what is happening in the 4th dimension, and 4th dimensional occupants have extraordinary influence (supernatural) on 3rd dimensional beings (the majority of humanity).

The ironic thing is, while denizens of Western civilization are the most prominent in crafting philosophical theories of the 4th dimension, it was the shamanic cultures of early humanity that first believed in the existence of a "spiritual realm" whose shadow affected all that happens in physicality.

String theory, as you mentioned, is seeking to explain explicitly these connections. Good thread, OP.
>>
>>18037000

https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO/UFO%20Part%201%20of%2016/view

page 22

we've known for decades.
>>
>>18037000
It depends on if you're talking about dimensions in the context of mathematical abstractions or in the context of physical space and time. A lot of people who don't know much about either confuse the two.
>>
>>18037769
Quality post, this is an excellent addition. Just a few comments to be made.

>from an etheric planet that interpenetrates our own
>entering the vibratory rate of dense matter
Go on...
>students of esoteric matters will understand these terms
Well apparently the author doesn't because the concept of the astral plane and all the others was derived specifically from Lokas and Talas and is just a way of presenting the concept to westerners without all the Hindu baggage.
>underlined text in the second paragraph
TRIGGERED
>>
>>18037882

Any who have experienced kundalini know the vibrational nature of this wave-driven reality we inhabit.
>>
>>18037895
I know...or at least I know that sound/vibration based reality is a part of every valid esoteric tradition. I was just saying that these bits of text were a red-flagged indication of validity.
>>
>>18037103
you're doing fine.
>>
>>18037000
We can only perceive 3 dimensions fully, but we live in all of them.

Look, you're mixing up a lot of stuff in the wrong ways. If you are really interested you should perhaps enroll in college and study physics. Once your knowledge is sound work from there, as have many physicists before. Study the "paranormal" and help it be "normal" science.

Right now you are making so many mistakes and assumptions nothing you're saying makes sense.
>>
>>18037091
That is a geometrical explanation. OP is looking for an ontological one.
>>
>>18037769
>UFO

I swear you dumb fucks are worse than vegans. Stop trying to shoehorn alien fairy taled into fucking everything.
>>
>>18037000
>It states that almost every religion is based upon the same principle: The deities in all of them came from another place, from heaven, from an invisible paradise, you get the idea.

This isn't even remotely true.

> The infinity meme.

>Plato used to support one's crackpot ideas while ignoring the rest of the field of philosophy.

I'd recommend getting an education but I'm not sure you're capable. If you don't seek one out, I recommend ignoring grandiose ideas and trying to understand reality, and instead focusing on direct concerns in your immediate life.
>>
>>18038320
Great, the one time /x/ posts alien content that's 100% on topic and not "hey it was ayylmaos guise!" it gets shit on by a troll.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN3UnhrEU6Y

I only know about the third dimension, desu.
>>
>>18037000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yxZ5I-zsE

Mainstream science is catching up. People in positions of animation and entertainment are good nodes for higher dimensional beings to make contact with lower dimensionalities. This video is pretty cute. Pay attention to the double entendres. They're ugh... pretty loud in this one.
>>
>>
It's larger than anything you could ever imagine.

The 1st dimension is an infinite amount of dots that form a line.

The 2nd dimension is an infinite amount of lines that form a plane.

The 3rd dimension is an infinite amount of planes that form a 'world/universe'.

The 4th dimension is an infinite amount of worlds/universes that form a 4th-D structure.

It's incomprehensible. The simplest 4-D concept is infinitely more complex than any 3rd dimensional system.
>>
>>18038461
>It's incomprehensible. The simplest 4-D concept is infinitely more complex than any 3rd dimensional system.

Nah. You can model n-dimensions in your imagination. Just, not by using examples of what you see with your eyes. Pure mathematicians do this shit all the time. It's not incomprehensible.

It's done. We know all about the 4th (spatial) dimension.
>>
>>18038461
From a topological point of view 3D is harder than a lot of higher dimensions. 3D and 4D are the most difficult topologically - 1D and 2D are too simple to pose a challenge, but in higher dimensions you essentially have more freedom to do stuff so it's actually easier to deal with.
I think it's easier to imagine something like R^4 than, say, the Poincare sphere.
>>
File: 16-cell.png (175KB, 582x593px) Image search: [Google]
16-cell.png
175KB, 582x593px
Lets say, i detonate myself for 3 sec then boom! ; goes to 2nd space-n (6th dimension). Will i be able todetonate myself again?
>>
>>18038697
This. I'd even say 3d's the hardest, because it's such an awkward prime number.

With 4d you have the benefit of just using quaternions, which yield very nice solutions if you let the real axis represent time in a 4d space/time coordinate system.

But 3d is just... blech. I do all of my 3d by just envisioning 4d first, and letting one dimension go flat.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.