[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are owls evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

Why are so many Christians superstitious about owls? I've read nothing in the Bible that says owls are evil, yet many Christians seem to think they're Satan incarnate.
>>
>>18036650
It probably has to do with their digestive system. They literally leave balls of skeletons laying around in the wild.
>>
>>18036650
probably due to their striking resemblance to greys.
>>
>>18036650
THE/OWLS/ARE/NOT/WHAT/THEY/SEEM
>>
>>18036695
COOPER/COOPER/COOPER
>>
>>18036650
Becos there arent any owls in the middle east.
>>
>>18036650
It is not that Christians hate the owls. The problem is a human taking on the role of an owl's nature because we know right from wrong where the owl does not. Also, Lilith is represented as an owl.

Nature of the owl represented by man is predatory, sneaky, shady, disguised etc.

>https://www.reference.com/pets-animals/owls-eat-e8f8ed70f7878862
>>
File: satanicowlritual.gif (2MB, 280x175px) Image search: [Google]
satanicowlritual.gif
2MB, 280x175px
>>
>Why are so many Christians superstitious about owls?

You of course have proof this one group feels more 'superstitious' about owls than other groups, right? Not just pulling crap outta your ass.
>>
>>18036701
>>
>>18036745
How awesome is to call such entity "Bob"?
>>
Maybe it's because owls represent one of the most powerful Greek Gods they tried to wipe out...
She's probably not very happy with them.
(I'm talking about Athena, btw)
>>
File: Bobby and Mike.png (288KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby and Mike.png
288KB, 500x379px
>>18036752
>he hasn't realized yet
>>
>>18036761
Enlighten me please. What am I missing? Are they rly implying that owls are evil by relating them with Bob?
>>
File: Anti-Spiral Wants Despair.jpg (101KB, 850x611px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Spiral Wants Despair.jpg
101KB, 850x611px
>>18036709
Pretty terrifying.
>>
>>18036761
Or they are implying that behind owl eyes is Bob? He is looking through them. They are his medium/watchers?
>>
>>18036782
Why do you think the lodge spirits are called BOB and MIKE?
>>18036797
Yeah, I think that's they tried to imply in the show.
>>
>>18036806
*that's what
>>
>>18036806
Shit, I still dont get it whats the deal with names BOB and MIKE?
>>
>>18036815
Look at the filename, dummy >>18036761
>>
>>18036819
ohh that

https://www.quora.com/In-Twin-Peaks-could-Bobby-and-Mike-be-BOB-and-Mike-in-a-sort-of-time-lapse-situation

>Nope. David Lynch has said in interviews "Nope. Different Mike. Different Bob."
>>
>>18036825
>taking david lynch at his word

k
>>
Bible Belter here, I don't know of a single Christian who's superstitious about owls.
>>
>>18036931

It's mostly the Christian conspiracy theorists. I probably should have said "some Christians" instead of "many" But anytime an owl shows up in popular culture, they start shrieking about "luciferian" conspiracies and the illuminati and that kind of bollocks.
>>
>>18036650
I know the Romans used to believe owls carry the souls of the dead. Psychopomps are not to be fucked with.
>>
>>18036650
Who cares, it's all bs
>>
File: The_Pentagon_January_2008[1].jpg (2MB, 2592x1482px) Image search: [Google]
The_Pentagon_January_2008[1].jpg
2MB, 2592x1482px
>>18036650
Fun fact:

There's a statue of an owl on top of the spire of the rec center/coffee shop at the middle of the park in the middle of the Pentagon.
>>
>>18037070
I wonder if they serve Starbucks...
>>
>>18036978
The owl is a symbol of Athena/Minerva, as has been stated, as well as being a symbol for Moloch, a god to whom the Canaanites sacrificed children, and to which the Hebrews most often turned when the Bible says "their hearts turned away from YHVH."

As for real owls, they're adorable.
>>
>>18036650
>Why are so many Christians superstitious about owls?
Same reason they fear cats and think Satan has goat hoofs. Combination of night fears and demonization of earlier religious beliefs.
>>
>>18037070
Popping in to say there are owl statues on many rooftops everywhere. They're used to scare birds and other prey away, mainly pigeons. The birds are cautious/dumb enough to think that the statues are actually real animals. I suppose an eagle or hawk statue would work as well, although owls are more readily distinguishable from the rounded head.
>>
File: cute owl.jpg (77KB, 634x433px) Image search: [Google]
cute owl.jpg
77KB, 634x433px
>>18036650
owls are cute! CUTE!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.