[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very Bizarre Noise (Recording)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: diagram.jpg (101KB, 1305x675px) Image search: [Google]
diagram.jpg
101KB, 1305x675px
Alright /x/, I haven't asked /an/ or /out/ yet but listen to this video and see if you can tell me what was making this noise.

Context:
>Visiting friend who lives in rural New Hampshire
>Hit the sack relatively early Saturday night to get up at 6am Sunday to go hiking
>Woken up at 3am by this shrill screech

I'm no stranger to sleep paralysis, It happens almost two times a month, so initially I thought it was that, but

>Fully realize that I'm awake and not paralyzed, wonder what the hell the sound is
>It screeches again
>I'm actually scared stiff from this noise, it felt like it was coming from right on the other side of the window
>Scared stiff for 45 minutes as these noises persist every 30-45 seconds
>Two distinct noises, one responding to the other nearly every time
>The source of the close screech is very obviously moving back and forth behind the house, while as far as I can tell, the far screech is in the same area throughout

In the pic the maroon line is the path that the louder one was taking, just walking back and forth for the duration of this

The red maroon circle is approximately where I heard the response screech coming from

>It's absolutely pitch black outside and in my room (as you can see in the video, my camera is pointed right at the window 8 feet away, can't see shit)
>All the while this is happening, it's extremely quiet

Now I'm a pretty big skeptic, but I like to read the skinwalker stories and the one trope that is always there is that it's silent. Dead silent.

In rural NH there's always wildlife sounds, even in the dead of night, during this, it was dead quiet

>Screeches continue from about 3am to 4:45am
>The screeches are heard going off into the distance in their regular intervals of once every 30ish seconds
>Eventually can't hear them anymore
>Sound of birds and other forest life return immediately

cont.
>>
>>18036470
cont.

My friend has lived there almost his entire life, and he and other people in the area have no idea what made this sound. One person said it may have been an owl.

Here's the video:
https://a.pomf.cat/pmcdms.mp4

You can initially hear the closer one indicated by the maroon line screeching. Then towards the end (after I sniffle, allergies mayne) you can hear the close one screech again, and the far off one screech in response.

In the diagram all of the green is dense woods, not just the rectangle. I'll answer any questions about this fiasco should they come up

So /x/, what is it
>>
>>18036474
My mistake, both instances of the screech in the video are the close one making the noise, and the far off one responding
>>
>>18036474
>https://a.pomf.cat/pmcdms.mp4

Sounds like a corroded hydraulic door closer. Just coat the return bar with some wd-40.
>>
>>18036488
I must be very lucky to have encountered two of them in the wild, it's not even mating season!
>>
>>18036470
It's obviously a fucking bird of some kind, nut up you unbelievable pussy. I can't believe you went to the trouble of making a fucking recording, or that I wasted time listening to it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.