[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Missing 411

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: missing411map.jpg (61KB, 644x436px) Image search: [Google]
missing411map.jpg
61KB, 644x436px
Have any of you on /x/ read this book? I recently watched an old news article on YouTube about it and it seemed really interesting to me.

Here's the books summary on their website.

>Missing-411 is the first comprehensive research about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost and some want to disappear, but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.
>A tip from a national park ranger led to this 4+ years and a 9000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.
>The research depicts 28 clusters of missing people across the continent, something that has never been exposed and was a shocking find to researchers. Topography does play a part into the age of the victims and certain clusters have specific age and sex consistency that is baffling. This is not a phenomenon that has been occurring in just the last few decades, clusters of missing people have been identified as far back as the 1800’s.

What was more interesting here is that the author David Paulides claims in the news interview the details involving many of the disappearances were being withheld from the public and that some of the park service stations he visited for files on certain cases claimed to not have any records of them.

The first news article that plays in this person's video about 30 seconds in to the 6 minute mark is the only one I've watched: https://youtu.be/nDMvjpyt8Mw
>>
Also general interesting missing persons cases thread
>>
>inb4 hur dur it's all made up for financial gain
>>
Well, David Paulides is a documented Bigfoot believer, so take him with a grain of salt.

... That said, I really want to get that book anyway. The man can believe in some crackpot extracurriculars and still be right.
>>
>>18032541
Although I'm not a Bigfoot believer, from an almost role-playing standpoint I liked David's theory on Bigfoot being more human than ape seeing as though 95% of DNA tests of Bigfoot samples have come back as human and it's always been thought it was just cross contamination
>>
File: david_paulides_missing.jpg (110KB, 437x600px) Image search: [Google]
david_paulides_missing.jpg
110KB, 437x600px
>>18032393
>>18032417
>>18032530
>>18032541
>>18032641

just as a caveat before this thread kicks into full gear, you guys should know that david paulides is a moutache cop autiograph hound who got forced into early retirement for being and celebrity chaser. he believes in a paranormal-interdimensional-dolphin sonar type bigfoot 100%. he is currently being sued in civil court by a group of families of people that got lost in national parks who's stories have been dramatized and misrepresented by paulides in books and on radio shows and paranormal podcast programs. he's only interested in making money by telling highly embellished campfire stories about real people that died.
>>
>>18032393
>Have any of you on /x/ read this book?
Lurk more. There's a thread about this very topic at least twice a week, if not more.

On another note, a few friends of mine know a girl who abruptly went missing three years back and they've still never learned anything about the circumstances, if the girl is alive or dead, so on and so forth. I doubt it was anything related to 'the wilds' because we're not near any major national park but yeah.
>>
>>18032692
Like clockwork this faggot appears in every one of these threads.
>>
>>18033083
like clockwork this cunty little pussy shows up to suck paulides' chode. how's that moustache cop's dick taste, buddy?
>>
>>18033121
Triggered, huh?
I think this is the wrong website for you.
>>
File: David_Paulides1.jpg (330KB, 501x503px)
David_Paulides1.jpg
330KB, 501x503px
>>18033121
>>18033133
now fellas, let's not get into a little tiff here. we're all friends am i right?
let's just enjoy telling a few spooky stories and promoting my books currently available from my website or on amazon for a nominal fee.
>>
>>18033142
He's not selling his books on Amazon, numb nuts
>>
File: 1428731332928.jpg (35KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1428731332928.jpg
35KB, 500x358px
>>18033150
kill yourself repeatedly until the end of time, you sniveling little chode chasing sycophant.
>>
>>18033150
Good news, anon! I found all his books right on amazon and managing to pick them all up for only $437.89 Can't wait for the books to arrive!

https://www.amazon.com/David-Paulides/e/B002ALI9AA/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_5?qid=1471393731&sr=8-5
>>
>>18033180
You are the reason why siblings shouldn't have sex with each other
>>
>>18033180
Holy fuck. Why are these books so fucking expensive? They're priced like university text books. WTF.
>>
>>18033220
Because people are selling them at insane prices.
>>
>>18033326
paulides is so fucking sketchy.
>>
>>18033444
Yeah its good to be skeptical of this shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>18032393
Read these. Very interesting and very related.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3ydj67/im_a_search_and_rescue_officer_for_the_us_forest/
>>
>>18033220
not trying to shill but they're resellers. they're much cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>18033180
$440! Fuck that noise! Someone pdf this shit and spread the links far and wide...
>>
If you're going to spout shit, at least have the decency to make it fucking readable.

There's no excuse in this day and age for crap spelling and a complete lack of basic grammar.
All you have to do is fucking right click you oxygen thieving cretin.
>>
Interdimensional beings and interdimensional portals.
>>
File: 29o5xrn.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
29o5xrn.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>18035661
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>18035661
Woah, the autism is palpable in this one.
>>
File: GO_GET_IT.png (1MB, 1251x662px) Image search: [Google]
GO_GET_IT.png
1MB, 1251x662px
>>18035486
PDF version of the entire Missing 411 series has been printed out and sealed in three layers of plastic, air-tight bags and placed at location marked on map. Good luck retrieving it and good luck making it out alive.
>>
File: PicsArt_08-17-11.01.00.jpg (55KB, 621x716px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-17-11.01.00.jpg
55KB, 621x716px
>>18032393
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18033520
No it's not you dumb tinfoil hat wearing mongoloid.
Cease the spreading of your genes at once.
>>
>>18035486
I got a brand new copy for $20 I think. Some Bigfoot website sells them.
>>
Despite whether or not DP is embellishing these stories, he openly advises people not to buy the books from amazon. Not shilling for the dude, but come on. If he was behind those accounts selling them for that insane price, why would he say that? I've heard him mention this in almost every interview I have heard from him. They are much more fairly priced on his website. Again, not shilling (but isn't that what the shill would *want* you to think?), it is just so god damn frustrating to come to this board day-in and day-out and watch people make the same ridiculous connections and claims when they have clearly done very little research into any given subject. Call me butt-blasted, i just always held this board to a higher standard. Anyway, someone take the plunge and buy them so we can get some damn PDFs already.
Tl/Dr jimmy-rustled x/phile can't take the grade school "arguments" of the uneducated any longer
>>
An older man and his son just went missing last weekend while on a fishing trip in Lower Burrell, PA — about a 50 minute drive from me. They found their fishing rods and belongings intact by the shore, along with their parked car a few hundred yards from the fishing spot. SAR was sent in to find them, but they came up empty until two days later when a man with binoculars on the other side of the river saw a body floating downstream on the Allegheny. A dive team recovered the body while the other one was found nearby. The police ruled out foul play, and currently the coroner is running an autopsy, so we'll find out hopefully what happened in the next few weeks. Strange shit.

>http://www.wtae.com/news/father-son-missing-from-fishing-area-along-allegheny-river/41211872
>>
>>18032393
Here's an interesting one.
It's about a boy named Alfred BeilHartz who went missing in 1938 on the 2nd of July.

>Alfred was four years old and on vacation with his large family,Yes he was the the youngest of eleven children.
The family, (all brothers, and sisters with their families) had gone to Estes Park on a fishing trip. He was taking a hike with his Parents along a trail which ran alongside a creek and fell behind just a tiny bit and he vanished, the parents and rest of the family frantically searched the area repeatedly before calling in for assistance from park rangers.

>Initially the searchers and rangers assumed the boy had gone into the water, which is a fairly natural assumption. The originally dammed the creek and dragged it for over 6 miles, even blowing up beaver dams searching for Alfred.
Eventually the searchers conceded he couldn't have gone into the water and again focused their searches on land, this time bringing in Bloodhounds from Colorado who traced a scent from the scene where Alfred disappeared back off along a trail for a little while and then stopped dead at a trail head surrounded by rough terrain and sat down, this is most irregular for trained tracking dogs, as they thrive to track, but it occurs far too often in there disappearances.

cont.
>>
>>18039898
>The bizarre part of this story is the same day Alfred disappears some 2500 feet higher a couple in a different area of the Park are hiking when they hear a sound, not quite a scream but a sound which forced their attention to look up towards it, where they witnessed a small boy walk out onto a ridge look out and then a few seconds later, turn around and walk back out of sight again. The witnesses were stunned, as this area where the boy had been seen was treacherous and extremely high in elevation, this area was a place calledDevils Nest.

>The next day the couple return home and upon reading the newspaper and seeing the picture of missing Alfred automatically recognise him as the small boy they had seen on the cliff top and call the park, the park took the call seriously and sent in an elite team of climbers and rescue workers to the area, they searched extensively with top of the range climbing equipment and never found a trace, but the witnesses were positive the boy they had seen had been Alfred, this mystery will now probably never be solved.

Source: http://fplm.org/alfred-beilhartz.html

Sorry about the wonky green texting I don't usually use it and I'm on mobile currently.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.