[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talismans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: '__.jpg (4KB, 349x144px) Image search: [Google]
'__.jpg
4KB, 349x144px
Hey guys, been wondering about how certain talismans may or may not work.
I've got a story:
My old family friend was a good guy, he taught me how to chop wood and he was a brilliant storyteller. He would tell us stories on how he chased down a gypsy scammer through whole country or about how did he get this hangman's noose as a talisman.
And as it is concerned: He was for some reason called to suicide and accident cases. I think he was some sort of health and safety inspector. On one summer day he got called in to help with a guy who hung himself in his barn and as they were taking him down he took out a Swiss army knife and cut himself like 8 inches of his rope. He kept roughly two inches of it for luck and sold/gave away the rest.

cont.
>>
He of course took out this part and presented it to us. It was a 2 inch piece of a rope - reasonably thick, tarnished with brown, village dirt. I didn't feel like touching it, and upon learning that's his last piece I would not ask if I can get some as well.
Fastforward next week: I go out with my sister to walk the dogs. As we come back home our grandparents say [the guy] at 10:30 am.
Neither me or my sister felt much emotional weight to it, even though we really liked the guy. For some reason we felt an impulse to go the backyard and dance barefoot to Fleetwood Mac with reckless abandon. Then a freaky thing happened as a whole murder of crows flew low just above our heads pretty much towards us from a pretty random direction. It didn't freak me out but made me feel wonder, even tho it was really odd.
Guy himself died in his sleep. Apparently he felt ill at 10pm and after being taken to the hospital, he was examined to be in a good state. To be on a safe side they made him stay a night at the hospital. He felt really bad in the moring and then by 10:30 he was gone. Not sure about the case of death, but apparently something to do with the gut or spleen.
Fun fact: His surname translated to "undertaker".
Now question: Did the noose actually bring him luck?
>>
>>18032018
Sure. The dying thoughts of a person who hangs themselves eeks out, and fills whatever physical object holds them. There's not much that gives a purer tone in this world, than hanging an object by a pendulum. If you can find luck in that, more power to ya'.

Anything that touched that length of rope would absorb some of the vibration though. Over time, it would lose its potency.
>>
>>18032041
If I'm right you're coming from the idea that the object got filled with the energy of the dying person, and the charge is regardless so even if they were broken hopes, they were still hopes and even if it was a life wasted it was still a life that could be found in it.

So while we agree that the noose was indeed an item of power, do you think that it granted him a boon of peaceful death?
The other thing that concerns me is why me and my sister both reacted with ecstatic dancing more than anything else and the presence of psychopomps there as well. I felt kinda off doing the dance, like more I was spectating what I was doing, but the birds in all their creepiness brought some closure and relief. Do you think it had anything to do with the object?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.