[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally watched this. It wasn't boring? It was pretty great.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

Finally watched this. It wasn't boring? It was pretty great.
>>
>>18030833
I feel like a bunch of anons are gonna say it sucks because it wasn't scary - and it wasn't. It's exactly what it says it it. A New England folk tale. A folk tale.
I liked it a lot. Some creepy moments. The end initially frustrated me but I got over it eventually.
>>
Terrible movie
>>
>>18030833
It was ok. Took a bit too long to get to the meat of what was really going on.
>>
File: Witches_Flight_Goya.jpg (78KB, 520x746px) Image search: [Google]
Witches_Flight_Goya.jpg
78KB, 520x746px
>>18030833
>>18030860
>>18032902
>>18032933

Would say its less of a scary movie and more of a really good dramatic movie where the scary parts are kinda not that amazing. I loved it. I liked that the witch was in the style of goya which is kinda different from what you expect of a main stream movie trope of broom flying wart women.
>>
>>18030833
I really liked it but I can see how normies (read: lowest common denominator) would find it boring.

I guess people expected more focus on the titular witch or some jumpscares just to make it an actual 'horror' movie. I'm not saying it's '2deep' in this case, but the subtext is there.

Enjoyable, probably wouldn't rewatch though.
>>
I loved this. Crowd I saw it with back in February hated it though. Some wanted a refund.

Why are people so dumb?
>>
>>18033040
It's the rise of Idiocracy. Trump 2016.
>>
Brilliant film. And I've heard some interesting theories..The most compelling was that this was all one massive hallucination which caused hysteria, brought on by ergot poisoning from the failed crops.

But yeah, really solid film and captures that point in time extremely well. I loved that the most about this movie, the historical accuracy was well on point.
>>
Personally, it was boring. I hate movies with jumpscares because that's not real fear just being startles. This movie caused no fear what so ever and the old language was hard to understand. Not very good, don't understand why some people think it is one of the best movies in a while.
>>
Why are you guys still pimping this crap?
>>
The movie was great. It was really immersive and the actors did a good job(the father especially). And it had a very real type of horror in it. There is no hidden allegorys or meanings it's not pretentious in any way. It's not the supernatural events that make it scary, it's how the characters try to handle and rationalize an increasingly worse situation. Sometimes terrible things happen and why they happen is beyond your knowing or control. One of the better horror movies in the last 5 years I'd say.
>>
Crap film that only posers and mouth-breathing fuckwads could like.
>>
>>18030833
>It wasn't boring?
I don't know, I thought it was a bit boring. Picked up around the point of baby jam but then it got a bit dull again.
>>18033281
I don't remember a lot of jump scares. I just remember the music being a bit loud, cacophonous, and obnoxious. It would have been a lot creepier without it.
>>
main girl was QT
>>
>>18033474
>triggered.
>>
"anyone who hates this movie is a retard who doesn't want to live deliciously."

-A goat, Early Modern Inscription circa 1620
>>
>>18030833

I wanted to punch everyone in this movie. Specially the bitch at the end.
>>
I feel that it takes a little historical knowledge to appreciate it. To the early New England settlers, God and the Devil were literal, living beings. Witches were literal, real beings to them.

Once you understand the culture, you don't think that their reactions are bizarre.
>>
>>18033229

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_mania

Real historical event, bruh
>>
>>18033229
So your saying she ate the kid and she was the one having relations with her brother not the witch? Cause she was the original witch...

What I didn't understand is why the twins were killed by her alter manifestation. Especially since they were twin shamans actively talking to black Phillip.

>what about why the goat killed her father.?

>Why did the mother suddenly forget reading the book and bestiality the next morning.

Ergot poisoning doesn't make sense.
>>
>>18033574
Underrated post
>>
File: 1231449189370.jpg (88KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
1231449189370.jpg
88KB, 452x640px
>>18032997
>I really liked it but I can see how normies (read: lowest common denominator) would find it boring.
>>
>>18033521
seriously tho
>>
I didn't hate it, the story was entertaining and the acting was great (got serious chills during the boy's monologue). My main issue was the language/accents. I could barely understand any of what was being said, and I'm normally very good at understanding thick accents, almost had to put the subtitles on just because the boy was so hard to decipher at times. That really killed it a lot for me unfortunately, was like watching a foreign film with no subtitles.
>>
>>18033040
I think it was because it was marketed as a more fast paced monster-driven horror movie, when in reality it was more of a slow building, isolation driven horror movie, somwhat like the shinning. I thought it was great. I do wish the baby scent would have happened later in the movie, that way the suspense could build itself up on how the isolation was affecting the family, then turned around and showed you the witch.
>>
Marketed as scary, but actually a thick accent boring drama. Would puke again.
>>
Do you have to have female reproductive organs to enjoy this movie? I watched it with a fundamentalist Christian and he didn't even flinch. It was really fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1439862355891.jpg (86KB, 707x695px) Image search: [Google]
1439862355891.jpg
86KB, 707x695px
The Witch (on /x/) and Mr Robot (on /tv/ ) are currently the two most pimped productions on 4chan. Some lame ass advertising company seems convinced constantly starting threads about these two monstrosities is clever promotion.
>>
File: loser_31.jpg (29KB, 581x450px) Image search: [Google]
loser_31.jpg
29KB, 581x450px
>>18035686
>I do wish the baby scent would have happened

Ewww
>>
>>18033474
Young fool
>>
>>18030833
yeah it was obnoxious and played it pretty well
>>
>>18035713
>I don't like it
>therefore it must be a shill
>>
>>18033595
pretty damn close though. they really did play the history very well
>>
>>18035713
jokes on them, basically everyone on 4chan pirates
>>
>>18030833

Shrieking violin: the movie
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.