[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i think someone was in my house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: house diagram.png (46KB, 1562x1037px) Image search: [Google]
house diagram.png
46KB, 1562x1037px
hey /x/
recently, some weird shit happened in my house, and i figured it'd be worth sharing here
tell me if you think I'm overreacting
this story will be pretty short, so don't expect something enthralling
>pic related, it's a shitty diagram of my house to help clarify bits of the story

>1 a.m.
>just got done walking on the treadmill for 3 hours
>leave the back room, go back into my own room through the kitchen
>strip out of my shoes and shirt
>chill out in my bed for a while, just reading shit on my phone
>house is entirely silent except for a fan i keep running in my room and the ice box occasionally making a bit of noise
>around 3 a.m.
>i start hearing someone putt around in the kitchen
>every few minutes someone will walk into the kitchen/living room, shuffle shit around, and then walk somewhere else
>figure it's probably my mom or brother
>not too out of the ordinary for them to be up this late doing stuff
>this continues for a while
>start to realize it's a little weird that they never turned on the lights or opened any doors
cont.
>>
File: 1470084491687.jpg (37KB, 599x485px) Image search: [Google]
1470084491687.jpg
37KB, 599x485px
>decide i should probably go check to see who it is
>it's either my mom, drunk, doing something she shouldn't
>or my brother, taking food out of the kitchen at 3 am, which he also shouldn't be doing
>hear the shuffling again
>someone comes into the kitchen through the living room (top entrance on the diagram)
>i open my door and walk out into the kitchen, just up to the wall a few feet from my door that lets into the rest of the kitchen (about where the bottom entrance opens up into the kitchen)
>it's too fucking dark to see anything
>say "hey"
>everything goes silent
>no response
>i'm spooked
the kitchen has two light switches, one for the top entrance and one for the bottom, so you can turn the lights on regardless of where you walk in from
to turn the lights on, you just turn the switch nearest you in the opposite direction the other one is facing, so down/up or vice versa
>reach over to the light switch next to me
>flip the switch
>nothing happens
>continue flipping switch 3 or 4 times
>lights stay off, room is silent
>overspooked
>get my ass back in my room and lock my door
>text my brother
>he's still awake
>he hasn't left his room, said it was mom
>text my mom
>she's still awake
>hasn't left her room, said it was my brother
>>>maximum overspook
>peek out my blinds
>my window faces the front of the house
>can't see any cars or anything that doesn't belong
>grab my axe and come back out into the kitchen
>flick the light switch
>lights come on immediately
>nobody is around
>run through my house hitting all the switches
>nobody is around
>check the locks
>back door is locked
>front door
>only the bottom lock is done
>think nothing of it
>my mom and brother come out
>mom is spooked, brother is talking about how things in the kitchen have been moved around (can't confirm this, couldn't tell the difference)
>re-check the whole house
>find nothing

now, there are two things that stuck with me in this, and they're what keep me from thinking it's nothing

cont.
>>
>>18030762
I'm receiving a paradox avalanche of information here.

Firstly you're concerned with someone having broken into your house...and then decided to post a crude but informative lay out of your house.
Secondly you had the ability to quietly text your mother and brother to find out their whereabouts but instead you decided to walk into the suspicious scenario, with the lights off and without a flash light, and just randomly call out so whoever was there would be aware of your presence and awareness of them...even though you didn't know who they were?

You know I always assumed horror movies made the casts impossibly dumb for the sake of plot but I'm starting to suspect there's truth in fiction.
>>

The light switch.

The lights didn't work when I first came into the room, when I heard someone moving around in it.

However, a few minutes later, they worked perfectly fine. The power obviously wasn't cut, because the lights on the icebox were still on. And the bulbs couldn't have been unscrewed, because they're fluorescent tubes covered in a sheet of glass.

So, what could have prevented the lights from coming on?
I have one idea.
When I was little, and I lived in my old house, me and my little brother used to fuck with the hallway lights for fun. The hallway had two switches as well, that worked the same way as the kitchen. We discovered that balancing one switch in the middle prevented the other one from doing anything; so long as one switch was balanced in the middle, between the up/down position, the other switch would do nothing and the lights would stay off.

So, the only way the lights could've been prevented from coming on, in my mind, is if somebody was standing just around the corner, just out of sight, holding the other light switch in the middle. Exactly in the spot where I heard the shuffling.

The top lock on the door - the deadbolt - not being locked.

This one is a little more straightforward.

We live in a shitty neighborhood, so we always lock the doors at night.

Now, the deadbolt and the bottom lock function different. If you lock the bottom one, you can close the door behind you on the way out of the house. However, the deadbolt can only be locked from the inside, or on the outside with a key. If you lock it from the inside, while the door is open, and try to close it behind you, the bolt sticking out will prevent the door from closing.

So, if you want to lock the door to make it look like you weren't in the house, you would only be able to lock the bottom one on the way out.
>>
>>18030795
Sorry if this is a bit of a jumbled mess, I re-wrote things a few times to clarify but I'm obviously not all that great at explaining shit clearly.

I'll try to clarify.
>Firstly you're concerned with someone having broken into your house...and then decided to post a crude but informative lay out of your house.
I'm not really concerned about this, I don't see why I would be.

If you're going to break in, you would be able to figure all that out easily enough anyways, and this would all be pretty much impossible for me to explain without the diagram.

>Secondly you had the ability to quietly text your mother and brother to find out their whereabouts but instead you decided to walk into the suspicious scenario, with the lights off and without a flash light, and just randomly call out so whoever was there would be aware of your presence and awareness of them...even though you didn't know who they were?

I've walked out to greet my family at weird hours like this hundreds of times. We all stay up late or wake up early. I figured my mom was either drunk making food or my brother had woken up super early and was making "breakfast". So I just decided to go see who it was. It didn't occur to me to just text either of them, because at the time things weren't that weird. And, the light switch is 2 or 3 feet from my door. Why would I bring a flashlight when I could walk a foot out and turn them on myself?

And, to be fair, you know some bad shit is going down if you're seeing a horror movie. This was just another night at my house. I don't think you would've had the foresight to take horror-movie level precautions either, in response to something so mundane in my household.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.