[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astrology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Chart interpretation, discussion, and astrology related questions ITT
>>
>>18025857
go fuck yourself
>>
>>18025901
I'm not in the mood
>>
I have a question.
I've heard astrologers talk about doing some activities in some signs and not in other signs, etc.
How are the correspondences figured out?
>>
Its funny how people think they know about Astrology but they dont know the gods that the symbols represent.
>>
>>18025934
Can you clarify the first part of your question
>>
>>18025938
Extrapolate, what gods?
>>
>>18025943
For example, the Appalachian people planting their crops by the signs.
They even have stuff like which signs are better for digging post holes, and other oddly specific mundane things.
I'm just not sure how they came to those conclusions.
>>
>>18025946
>>18021510
>>
>>18025956
Tropical astrology is based on the seasons, so it makes sense to associate planting, etc. with certain signs

The other examples sound like nonsense. There is such a thing as transit astrology, which can give personal insight on the best time to make life decisions, but transit astrology is based on a persons natal chart and not just whatever sign the sun happens to be passing through
>>
>>18025979
Yea that's garbage. The thing that makes astrology relevant is that it relates to human consciousness, not some obscure mythology. The symbols of astrology were chosen because of how they relate to US, not some deity
>>
File: 4986402_f1024.jpg (230KB, 1024x1018px) Image search: [Google]
4986402_f1024.jpg
230KB, 1024x1018px
>>18025857
How do you deal with the fact that Astrological symbols were fixed c. 600 BCE at 0 Aries = Spring Equinox and the Sun has moved over 30 degrees since then due to procession?

>Tropical astrology is based on the seasons, so it makes sense to associate planting, etc. with certain signs
Are the "signs" corrected for procession?

>pic related
>>
>>18026401
Tropical astrology doesn't reference the constellations, it references 12 imaginary 'tropics' that divide the ecliptic into 12 equal signs, so the procession has no effect. When the sun is directly overhead at the Tropic of Cancer on the vernal equinox, it's said to be at 0 degrees aries, regardless of where the constellation aries is
>>
>>18026528
You mean over the equator, headed towards the Tropic of Cancer. Directly over the Tropic of Cancer would be 0 degrees...Cancer.

It's also worth noting that traditional astrology uses this system because the "Sphere of the Zodiac" which is responsible for the influence of the signs is considered totally separate from the "Sphere of Fixed Stars" that contains the constellations which used to mark the Zodiac, but no longer do.
>>
>>18026528
>so the procession has no effect.

The tilt of the Earth is DIRECTLY responsible for seasonal change. If your astrology - based on seasons - doesn't account for that tilt changing over time, then it is flawed.
>>
>>18027000
Nigga I don't think you're listening.

The position of the equator and tropics are based DIRECTLY on the tilt of the Earth and MARK the changing seasons. It doesn't need to account for changes separately since the system inherently incorporates them.

Or if you're STILL on about the stars not being aligned, the stars were originally chosen as connect-the-dots style MARKERS for the division of the sky into twelve SECTIONS. The STARS don't do shit and never have, except for a few big daddies like Regulus, it's the twelve sections, the REAL Zodiac, that matter.

Every system of astrology that isn't new age faggotry uses this system, so you can stop trolling every astrology thread you see.
>>
>>18027728
The Vedic system is based on actual star position, and takes the procession into account. Learn more about "every system" before you spout idiocy.

So what exactly is your system supposed to do? Because my understanding of astrology is the study of how the position of the stars and planets affect our lives. And you apparently are saying those positions aren't taken into account.
>>
>>18027754
Up until now we've been discussing western astrology exclusively. I honestly didn't think that India's sidereal system would be dragged into this since it's so inherently different on so many levels from what we're talking about. I'm fully aware of it but it's a whole other thread all on its own.

Traditional western astrology is all about the movement of the planets in relation to Earth. This is because the Zodiac is a band which encircles the Earth along the edge of the atmosphere. It's not a physical thing, it's a formative influence just beyond the physical. The light of the planets (which is not just the physical light but also the spiritual light of creation) filters through the Zodiac and is colored by their formative influence. Because the true Zodiac is invisible, specific fixed stars were chosen to represent its influence as pictographic markers.

Alternatively, you could just say that everything is predestination and astrology is a way of reading the Divine script. Both are ways of thinking in traditional astrology and both use the tropical Zodiac.
>>
>>18027888
Good post, checked.

>the movement of the planets in relation to Earth

What about in relation to a person. Does everyone on Earth have the same influence? If not, what changes?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-19-46.png (246KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-15-19-19-46.png
246KB, 720x1280px
It is in placidus.
As I understand it, there are certain periods of life that are more fruitful for diff things.
Can you please tell me mine?
Like, what are the most relevant forces at work for me now and when will they change.
Thanks
>>
File: IMG_20160701_190000.jpg (146KB, 521x509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_190000.jpg
146KB, 521x509px
Help! I don't know how to read my chart!
>>
File: tertullian1-sized.jpg (29KB, 235x288px) Image search: [Google]
tertullian1-sized.jpg
29KB, 235x288px
here are some famous writings by the famous Christian Montanist writer "Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus" (called in English, Tertullian) about astrology...

Chapter 9. Professions of Some Kinds Allied to Idolatry. Of Astrology in Particular

We observe among the arts also some professions liable to the charge of idolatry. Of astrologers there should be no speaking even; but since one in these days has challenged us, defending on his own behalf perseverance in that profession, I will use a few words. I allege not that he honours idols, whose names he has inscribed on the heaven, to whom he has attributed all God's power; because men, presuming that we are disposed of by the immutable arbitrament of the stars, think on that account that God is not to be sought after. One proposition I lay down: that those angels, the deserters from God, the lovers of women, were likewise the discoverers of this curious art, on that account also condemned by God. Oh divine sentence, reaching even unto the earth in its vigour, whereto the unwitting render testimony! The astrologers are expelled just like their angels. The city and Italy are interdicted to the astrologers, just as heaven to their angels. There is the same penalty of exclusion for disciples and masters. "But Magi and astrologers came from the east." We know the mutual alliance of magic and astrology. The interpreters of the stars, then, were the first to announce Christ's birth the first to present Him "gifts." By this bond, [must] I imagine, they put Christ under obligation to themselves? What then? Shall therefore the religion of those Magi act as patron now also to astrologers? Astrology now-a-days, forsooth, treats of Christ— is the science of the stars of Christ; not of Saturn, or Mars, and whomsoever else out of the same class of the dead it pays observance to and preaches?
>>
>>18025857
You do know astrology is bullshit, right? Have you ever opened up a science book in your life?
>>
File: tertullian.jpg (37KB, 180x255px) Image search: [Google]
tertullian.jpg
37KB, 180x255px
But, however, that science has been allowed until the Gospel, in order that after Christ's birth no one should thence forward interpret any one's nativity by the heaven. For they therefore offered to the then infant Lord that frankincense and myrrh and gold, to be, as it were, the close of worldly sacrifice and glory, which Christ was about to do away. What, then? The dream— sent, doubtless, of the will of God— suggested to the same Magi, namely, that they should go home, but by another way, not that by which they came. It means this: that they should not walk in their ancient path. Not that Herod should not pursue them, who in fact did not pursue them; unwitting even that they had departed by another way, since he was withal unwitting by what way they came. Just so we ought to understand by it the right Way and Discipline. And so the precept was rather, that thence forward they should walk otherwise. So, too, that other species of magic which operates by miracles, emulous even in opposition to Moses, tried God's patience until the Gospel. For thenceforward Simon Magus, just turned believer, (since he was still thinking somewhat of his juggling sect; to wit, that among the miracles of his profession he might buy even the gift of the Holy Spirit through imposition of hands) was cursed by the apostles, and ejected from the faith. Both he and that other magician, who was with Sergius Paulus, (since he began opposing himself to the same apostles) was mulcted with loss of eyes. The same fate, I believe, would astrologers, too, have met, if any had fallen in the way of the apostles.
>>
File: adAD.jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
adAD.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
But yet, when magic is punished, of which astrology is a species, of course the species is condemned in the genus. After the Gospel, you will nowhere find either sophists, Chaldeans, enchanters, diviners, or magicians, except as clearly punished. "Where is the wise, where the grammarian, where the disputer of this age? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this age?" 1 Corinthians 1:20 You know nothing, astrologer, if you know not that you should be a Christian. If you did know it, you ought to have known this also, that you should have nothing more to do with that profession of yours which, of itself, fore-chants the climacterics of others, and might instruct you of its own danger. There is no part nor lot for you in that system of yours. He cannot hope for the kingdom of the heavens, whose finger or wand abuses the heaven.
>>
File: genesis.jpg (6KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
genesis.jpg
6KB, 240x180px
here is what is written in the book of Genesis:

"And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,
and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so.
And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,
to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day.
>>
>>18028652
The natal chart is what makes the individual difference. For example, the Saturnian transit. Saturn takes roughly 29 years to orbit around the sun. Each time Saturn enters the same position it started in your chart marks a new cycle, and figuring out the transits for each planet helps to pinpoint significant life events

A lot of the techniques revolve around "fast-forwarding" the natal chart and seeing when the planets cross significant points in the charts. The major significant points other than starting positions of the planets are the houses, which are based on the position of the signs at the time of birth. For example, the first house is the section marked off below the ascendant (the eastern horizon at the time of birth), and the numbered houses proceed counterclockwise from there.
>>
>>18028834
The medieval idea that magic is forbidden by the Bible is a gross misunderstanding. The Bible condemns sorcery, or the making of pacts with negative entities. True magic is the fulfillment of the inner aspect of all religion, including Judaism and Christianity.
>>
>>18028652
To give you a tl;dr of the earlier response, everyone is affected by the same planetary forces as everyone else at any given time, but the way in which this effect manifests in the individual differs from person to person. Sort of like how two people can be in the same room but one will feel too hot and the other too cold.
>>
>>18028767
I've accumulated quite a bit of astrological knowledge, but I don't have any real experience doing readings for other people. I mainly learned what I know so I could assess my own temperament for reasons that lie outside other astrological disciplines. Temperament is kinda relevant to what you're asking though, so I'll give it a shot, just keep in mind it's an amateur assessment.

Your rising sign is Cap. and its ruler is Saturn, which is in Cap. This is a strong position, and all of these are earthy.

The Sun is in Sagittarius, a fire sign, as is the Moon. The season is Autumn, giving an earthy tinge to the Sun, and the moon is waning crescent, making it more watery.

The strongest planet in your chart is Mars, which is first by nature and in the fire sign it rules.

Overall your temperament is choleric and melancholic, which is a very "get shit done" temperament. You seem likely to be in control of your more volatile emotions, such as anger or depression, but can be a bit stubborn and inflexible, and likely have a hard time communicating, especially when it comes to emotions or abstract thought. Your two strongest planets are Mars and Saturn, which further reinforce this temperament. This also suggests being able to deal well with hardships.

Keep in mind this is all extremely general given that there are only four temperaments.
>>
>>18028942
pls explain this pl0x
>>
>>18028802
That's...a very general request. If you're interested in learning to read it yourself and if the traditional stuff I've been going on about resonates with you, check out "The Real Astrology" by John Frawley. It's not perfect but it makes a great starting point.

If new-age stuff is more your thing, Stephen Arroyo's works are more or less the definitive texts, but I can't reccomend them as highly due to my dislike for modern methods. I've also been told that David Coleman's "26 Keys of Astral Light" is good, but I don't know much about it other than that it's based on transits. From the things I've read on his website it seems like his ideas are based in modern astrology but have a much more solid foundation than others I'm familiar with.
>>
>>18029665
Sorcery (in common western usage, but not all instances of the word) is all about seeking power without wanting to accept the burden of responsibility that comes with it. Normally spiritual power comes with spiritual maturity, but sorcerers just want a shortcut to power, which comes in the form of power borrowed from entities. The only entities that would make such a deal are the negative variety. This is the practice condemned in the Bible, and with good reason. It was a huge problem in those times with degenerated cults to "gods" such as Moloch. Such pacts trap the sorcerer in the negative influence of the entity.

The polar opposite of this is pure mysticism, which exclusively seeks union with the divine and utterly shuns all power. This can be seen in the teachings of many yogis when they call the siddhis "distractions" that tempt the seeker away from the path to Samadhi.

Both of these represent extreme divergences from the true path of Magic, which is a balance between seeking God and spiritual power, and treats the two as complementary. We are created in the Divine Image, and by drawing closer to the Divine nature we unleash our dormant power. Refining our technique in using this power and utilizing it responsibly in turn teaches us about the nature of God by actively participating in the ongoing process of Creation. Magic shapes and perfects the image of the Divine within us, but only if we have the humility to submit to the lessons of the Divine and the determination to face the obstacles that come with them.

And with that, I say goodnight. If you have more questions I'll be back later.
>>
File: NATAL CHART.png (272KB, 950x868px) Image search: [Google]
NATAL CHART.png
272KB, 950x868px
Can someone help me interpret?
>>
How do you find out what's the dominant planet in your chart
>>
>>18029651
Correction: Mars is "firey" by nature, not "first" lol. Scumbag autocorrect.

Also, I said you probably have good emotional self-restraint, but of the two examples you seem more likely to succumb to anger, although of the surly, grumpy variety rather than explosive temper.
>>
>>18029867
Dignities and debilities such as sign rulership, exaltations, detriments, and falls. If these keywords are enough to get you started, great. If not, I'll try to be more help tomorrow; I'm going to bed.
>>
i never really believed in any astrology stuff, it all just seems like someone keeps shooting random stuff at either one of the signs and if it accidentally hits the truth for someone who has that personality trait and that sign, they start believing it.
But as i see you guys are pretty invested in this, i wanna ask am i the only one who sees this pattern of only a few correct guesses in a sea of incorrect ones and not want to believe this stuff?
>>
>>18030921
Yes anon, you are the only one to ever use this reasoning against astrology in the history of /x/- maybe even mankind
>>
File: Astrology.png (20KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Astrology.png
20KB, 480x640px
So I did this for the Lulz.

What does it mean?
>>
>>18029713
I ain't him but thanks mate
>>
File: graphic.png (19KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
graphic.png
19KB, 480x640px
is this bullshit?
>>
>>18029891
Yea but like, which would be more important? Like I have moon in cancer and sun in Aries but have no idea which would be considered "stronger" between both since ones exalted and the other is the ruler? I hope that made sense
>>
>>18031182
Alright, dumping a portion of the chart from Frawley's book:

ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES
Own sign (rulership): 5
Exaltation: 4
Own Triplicity: 3
Own Term: 2
Own Face: 1

Mutual Reception: If two planets are in each others' dignity, i.e. Mercury in Libra AND Venus in Gemini - in each others' sign of rulership. Such occurrences are treated the same as if the planet were in its own dignity. Mixed dignities take the average.

ACCIDENTAL DIGNITIES
House 1 or 10: 5
House 4, 7, or 11: 4
House 2 or 5: 3
House 9: 2
House 3: 1
House of Joy: 2
Direct (not retrograde): 4

There are other accidental dignities but most of them are either unusual cases or require a bit of calculation so I'll leave them off.

ESSENTIAL DEBILITIES
These are the opposites of the dignities, and have the same point values as their equivalents, only negative.

Detriment: Same as rulership, except that signs ruled by Mars are Venus's detriment, and vice versa.
Mercury signs are Jupiter's detriment, and vice versa.
Capricorn is detrimental to the Moon, and Aquarius is detrimental to the Sun. Both the sun's and moon's signs are detriment to Saturn.

Fall: The sign opposite a planet's exaltation, that is, 180 degrees away i.e. the Sun is exalted in Aries, and has its fall in Libra

Mutual reception is same as in dignity, except that detriments and falls are the only things accounted for.

If a planet has no essential dignity whatsoever, it is considered peregrine. -3

ACCIDENTAL DEBILITIES
House 12: -5
House 6 or 8: -4
Opposite of Joy: -1
Retrograde: -5

Same situation as the dignities, there are more but they're generally special circumstances.

To find out which planet is the strongest, figure these things out for it and add the numbers up. I believe there are free resources online, like tables and such, that have this info.
>>
>>18030921
Ever since astrology went under extreme revisionism near the beginning of the 20th century, this has been the character of it. Most modern astrologers look at planetary aspects and sign combinations and throw out vague generalizations that don't mean much. There are a few moderns who have made the revised system work, but they are few and far between and are almost never the, "Ok ill do a readin for u lol." type. They're more prone to teach techniques for those already versed in astrology to use for themselves. Meanwhile, traditional astrology sticks by techniques that take college level preparation just to be able to properly use either hours worth of number crunching or sophisticated computer programs just to help someone find their lost keys. Natal charts are a few steps above that, even. That's why I hesitated even to try to give someone a temperament assessment; I'm about as amateur as they get.

tl;dr: Astrology gets a bad reputation because it's an extremely complex art and most people who practice it nowadays only scratch the surface, if even that.
>>
File: MyNatalChart.png (137KB, 875x638px) Image search: [Google]
MyNatalChart.png
137KB, 875x638px
Can anyone give me clues as to how I'm supposed to progress spiritually according to my chart? Or past life stuff?
I'm at a weird point, spiritually.
>>
>>18028920
You miss my point. If the affects only rely on the position of the planets, and not their orientation, then every one born in a certain range of positions should have the same effects. Yet we can see even twins can have wildly different lives. And we can see people born at very different times can end up with the exact same fate.

The explanation of the influence is too general to explain the highly specific individual predictions made.
>>
Sun Conjunction Mars 1.34 225
Sun Trine Pluto 2.28 51
Mercury Opposition Saturn 0.37 -89
Jupiter Conjunction Mars 3.57 88
Jupiter Trine Pluto 0.05 59
Saturn Conjunction Neptune 4.45 52
Saturn Sextile Pluto 1.24 37
Uranus Conjunction Venus 1.54 108
Uranus Square Jupiter 1.12 -91
Neptune Conjunction Venus 4.06 73
Neptune Conjunction Uranus 2.36 70
Neptune Conjunction Neptune 4.08 52
Pluto Square Saturn 2.07 -61
Pluto Sextile Uranus 0.27 47
Pluto Sextile Neptune 1.58 26
888 -241 647

Have I found my soulmate? Please can someone interpret our synastry? Thank you.
>>
>>18029875
Wow
I liked it, thanks
It kinda matches, only thing of note is that I am in the south hemisphere, so instead of autumn it is spring for me.
>>
>>18031898
You're right, and this is why I don't think astrology has *all* the answers and part of why I said Frawley's book wasn't perfect. The view that everything is predestined and the stars hold all the answers is to astrology as B.F. Skinner's behaviorism is to psychology: Purely mechanistic and not accounting for conscious awareness and free will.

Astrology can be used to understand the personality and predict behavior up to a point, much like behaviorism. The common mistake is in assuming that the personality or psyche comprises the whole of the person, when really it is a filter through which the spirit experiences the world around us, much like our body and its five senses. In other words, astrology can tell us the raw forces which affect us, but how we react to them is a matter of individual free will above the level of personality.

As for highly specific individual predictions, the only such specificity I'm aware of comes from horary astrology rather than natal. This involves asking a specific, detailed question and then drawing a chart for the moment the question was asked, as if the question itself was "born" when it was voiced aloud. The planets are then used to signify the details of the question and then the chart is advanced to see how they will interact in the future. In is case it is an interaction between the individual will (asking the question and desiring a particular result) and the prevailing planetary forces, in my opinion at least.
>>
>>18032119
One thing I forgot to mention is that I also believe a person can change their personality from what they were born with, but this takes heightened consciousness, disciplined effort, and a full awareness of what it is you're doing
>>
>>18032073
Ah, noted. In that case it would add an airy nature rather than earthy, evening out the overall temperament a little but adding a little strength to the fiery, choleric nature.

Yeah, "kinda matches" is about as good as a temperament assessment alone can get. Still, I'm glad if it was helpful to you.
>>
>>18031858
All of those questions lie a bit outside the realm of astrology imo, or at least the kind I'm familiar with, for the reasons stated here.>>18032119

>weird point spiritually
Could you elaborate on this? I may not know how to help based on your chart, but I can try to give some good old fashioned advice.
>>
File: 24142.png (132KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
24142.png
132KB, 480x270px
>>18032192
I've definitely seen books on past life readings from natal charts. Dark Lilith for example is often an indicator of dark past life behaviors manifesting in this life (at least that's my understanding of it). And some readers can look at a chart and get readings just from looking at it (not sure how rare or common this is though). So I was mainly wondering.

But as far as where I'm at spiritually, I have always had a fascination with spiritual things and mysteries. As a child I believed in the power of my will before my parents converted us to Christianity (we grew up Catholic). Even then I believed that there was another "me" that lived within me, a dark self (not evil, just perceived by my mind as a shadow). And that this dark self could speak to me. This was as a teenager and clearly I've considered whether or not I was psychologically sound of mind, ever since I recalled this.
Though I was raised Christian I resisted it and continued to believe in something more akin to I guess magick. I got into meditation by the time I was 17, and lucid dreaming and astral projection. Then I started fucking around with weed and drinking and lost all of my spiritual side.
Recently it's been coming back. But I have trouble meditating now whereas before it came easily, and I enjoyed it. I feel as if something is trying to connect with me, or direct me, and yet I can't quite "open my eyes" to the messages.
I've gotten into self hypnosis with no success, and have started to wonder if there isn't some buried trauma that I need to start working past before I can release a lot of my anger and negativity and move on from there.

Sorry for the long post, but you asked lol. I've been thinking about this a lot. Any advice WOULD be very much appreciated. Thank you anon.
>>
File: InitiationIntoHermetics.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
InitiationIntoHermetics.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>18032621
Ah, the stuff you're describing is decidedly modern astrology, which I don't really get into. That's not to say there aren't readers out there who can utilize that, but I see it more as someone who has natural clairvoyance using the chart as a focus than anything actually derived from the chart itself.

The experiences you've had sound an awful lot like mine, minus the weed, lol. In my case though I got pulled into evangelical Christianity around 18 yo and it slowly choked off my personal spirituality for almost a decade. The trigger for my breakthrough on this was finding this book, Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon. It's by no means perfect and I would recommend reading other books along with it, but it's a very workable system. The first couple steps include methods to get in touch with your inner personality and adjust it so that negative emotions are counterbalanced by their opposites. These methods helped me overcome a lot of lifelong problems.

The main thing I would suggest with the negativity issues is to know that at our core, there are no negative or positive traits; just traits that can manifest either negatively or positively, and tend to come out negative when they're unbalanced or disharmonized with other traits. The beginning work of IIH is all about this balancing act, but seeks out the manifestations rather than the core traits as a starting point.
>>
>>18032742
Forgot to mention the infograph thread on this board has more good recommended reading to go along with this one.
>>
>pulled into evangelical Christianity

>be me
>run away from home
>get place in foster family
>evangelical christians
>poor as fuck, living off state money and me
>had to go to church to eat on sunday
>had to go to church to eat on wednesday
>raised with nothing, believe in nothing
>slowly get pulled in
>start to believe
>start to pray
>feels. . .good
>convert get dunked praise god
>told to fast to praise god, fasted
>ate once a day for god's glory
>fasted so others could eat praise god
>told studying too much not cleaning enough
>clean more
>praise his name
>told smart kids' classes too hard
>working too much so pulled out of classes
>uh. . . praise?
>starting to get sick of it
>kid who sits behind me tells me about d&d
>oh cool!
>bring home ad&d book
>get tackled, held down and beaten with a belt
>told liar about this and everything else
>told possessed and needed to confess
>holy water out demon brought over people from church
>told led by the devil and lied about all wrongs done to me in shelter (various abuses)
>told deserved to be raped
>they shut up when I started talking to them in french
>so pissed they stopped

Absolutely destroyed any chance of spirituality I could have possibly had for decades. I'm still getting over it. Good luck because I'm convinced these people destroyed what little faith I had just for fun. They're dangerous.
>>
>>18032879
Holy shit anon, my experiences were nowhere near all of that. For me it was more of a "Go to work, go to church, obey the rules, and everything supernatural that happened after 100 AD is of the devil" sort of deal. Nothing traumatic, just slow spiritual deprivation, like having just too little to drink over a long period.

I sincerely hope you are able to recover from the hell they put you through. If it helps, true spiritual experience (and true Christianity for that matter) is all about liberation, healing of the soul, and drawing closer to the Divine. Anything that tries to force you into believing or doing anything is a sham and a fraud.
>>
No wonder people get weird results when everyone is using placidus. It has been shown again and again that things are simply not working this way.
>>
File: 1469605312443.jpg (4KB, 150x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469605312443.jpg
4KB, 150x138px
>mfw some of the bullshit here

>>18031657 is right. Modern astrology is actually just ridiculously simplified version of classical astrology. Not far from the stuff you find in newspapers. Interpreting a radix according to classical rules takes hours, maybe more in complex cases. Of course, simplifying it so much this can be done in a few minutes will yield perfectly useless results.

One of these days when I'm bored I'm gonna make a thread and explain some things.
>>
>>18032059
can anyone please answer me?
>>
>>18033054
It's impossible to give a good answer simply based on that short chart you gave. But on a first glance I would say those many conjunctions involving Neptune are problematic, especially since Venus is involved. One of you might be perverted or is hiding something significant. However one you is likely immensely attracting the other, likely in an extreme way.

Though keep in mind this is just a guess based on very little data.
>>
>>18033049
>some of the bullshit
Care to clarify? Just about all of the answering posts here have been coming from the same person, including the one you quoted as being right.

Looking forward to your thread, I fancy myself as knowing a thing or two but I'm always glad to hear from someone who also knows a thing or two.
>>
File: 1463011996511.png (186KB, 463x515px) Image search: [Google]
1463011996511.png
186KB, 463x515px
>>18026528
>Tropical astrology doesn't reference the constellations
>Imaginary
That's the fundamental problem with it.
It has nothing to do with the stars in the sky.

So...
In Tropical Astrology, the Ram and the attributes of the Ram HAVE NOTHING TO DO with someone who is born under the sign of Aries, right?
>>
>>18033076
I think mostly I'll try to explain the use of equal houses (Asc being 15° of I.) as well as mundane and solar houses.

Then take some radix of a well known person, once with placidus and once with equal houses so it becomes clear why.
>>
>>18033085
That's the gist of it, yes. The running theory behind it is either as expounded in >>18027888 with the Zodiac actually being a non-physical band of influence, the "Zone Girdling the Earth," or the Geocentric approach in which the Earth is at the center and the Sphere of the Zodiac is a separate sphere BEYOND the Sphere of Fixed Stars that rotates at a slightly different speed.

Either way, the thing to take away is that the true Zodiac influence comes from something not visible to the human eye, and back in 600~ BC astrologers used the stars in the night sky to mark the positions of these invisible influences, which have since become disjointed from the stars.

So the "ram like" qualities, the qualities of Cardinal Fire, come from this invisible influence even though the constellation of Taurus is currently synched up with this sign.

In other words, if the constellations were drawn today rather than 2600~ years ago, the stars that make up Taurus would have been connected in a different symbol more indicative of the "ram-like" Cardinal Fire rather than the Fixed Earth bull shape. Or at least, so saith tropical astrology.
>>
>>18033104
That sounds very interesting. Most of what I've done for myself hasn't really involved houses that heavily so I've just used Placidus because it's what was available in the free programs. I'd love to see an example of equal houses put into action.

>mundane and solar houses
Que?
>>
>>18033148
Oh but that's important. Different aspects can affect very different things depending on the houses, most notably conjunctions.

Very short: Mundane houses use aries as I., Taurus as II. etc. Mundane houses grant a closer look on physical things and the body.
Solar signs use the position of the Sun as 15° I. Solar sings grant a good look at the soul and the personality. (You can also do this with other planets, but it's usually of limited use unless a person strongly exhibits the traits of a certain planet. Like for an artist an additional reading of the Venus houses might be useful).

But more of this once I find the time.
>>
>>18033186
I agree that it's very important, it just wasn't an issue in observing my own temperament (which is about all the *practical" astrology I've done) since my Lord of Geniture is about as clear-cut as you can get. No amount of accidental dignity given to another planet by being in a different house would be enough to overtake it.

I'm anxiously awaiting further explanation, just the little bit you've given is great. It might be better suited to a new thread though, since there are probably some people that hid this one thanks to how it started off.
>>
>>18032742
Hm, I'll try looking up that book. I've had trouble getting into "systems," because my discipline is really shitty.
>>
>>18033535
This one does require discipline, but it also helps you develop it. Just take it easy and don't get discouraged if it starts off slow. There are also supplementary works that have been written for it, like Rawn Clark's commentary, which is freely available.

Speaking of freely available, just google the book title, you'll find a PDF. The translation is old and has some editing errors, but hey, it's free!
>>
>>18033075
which one is attracting the other??
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.