[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Least Convincing and most Embarrassing Paranormal Cases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: amityville_house.jpg (522KB, 723x510px) Image search: [Google]
amityville_house.jpg
522KB, 723x510px
List paranormal cases that are most likely hoaxes/frauds, and that should not be posted on /x/ or even paid attention to so as to not besmirch the reputation of the paranormal/supernatural field.

-The Enfield Poltergeist Case
-The Amityville Case
-The 'case' of the Taured Man
-The claims of psychic ability from Ted Serios
-Any claims involving mediums/seances
-The Chronovisor/"Jesus Photograph"
-The Ummo Case
>>
Skinwalker in genneral
>>
Patterson film
>>
>>18025654
This but I still love reading the stories
>>
>>18025637
>>18025672
Any and all cases involving supposed psychokinetic abilities.
>>
Anything Ed & Lorraine Warren.
>>
File: meier.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
meier.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
The Billy Meier case is perhaps the largest and most in-depth paranormal event that is so clearly BS. In the 40's some one armed guy claimed that he was in contact with aliens and took horribly unconvincing photos of alien spacecraft that are basically trash can lids on strings (this is where the "I want to believe" poster came from). Billy Meier has had numerous believers throughout the years however, and the case is still peddled by some as being completely legit. Micheal Horn, who supposedly is the official spokesman for Meier, shows up on Bellgab occasionally to insult everyone and try to convince people of his bogus story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meier
>>
So true, Meier case is definitely in the top 5 list of the least convincing and the most embarrassing cases ever. Check out our debunkings on our website here:
http://billymeieruforesearch.com/

And our debunking of his supposedly space photos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-wISYli9DU
>>
Everything. Because science. Guess it's time to shut down /x/ guys, because OP is a control freak faggot.
>>
File: psychiatrist.png (67KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
psychiatrist.png
67KB, 1456x1108px
>>18026334
OP here.

There are definitely cases that are genuinely mysterious and odd and even un-explainable. The bad part is that most of the people on /x/ cling to cases that are so obviously faked or examples of fraud that just cause us embarrassment and lead to people considering the paranormal to be a field of wackos and nutjobs.
>>
File: efasdf.jpg (27KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
efasdf.jpg
27KB, 553x484px
>>
>>18026143
This picture was taken in the 40s?
>>
There is nothing more fucking retarded than the Solway Firth spaceman. Really, try to find something more retarded than this. You can't.
>>
>>18025637
Stories that involve anybody the age of 21 and/or includes the usage of drugs or alcohol
>>
>>18026090
This.

>>18026299
Don't shill your bullshit website here
>>
>>18026568
My bad, he took many of photos in the 60's and published them around 1970. Not all of the photos were taken at the same time however.
>>
>>18026090
Literally came here to make sure I didn't have to be the first to say it.
They need to stop getting attention and money. They are a disgrace.
>>18026143
Bullshit or not (but let's be real it's bullshit) I love his photos. So aesthetically pleasing.
>>18026299
Fuck yourself and your shit web site. You're a bigger hack fraud than Billy Meier could ever be.
>>
Someone clue me in on the Warrens? I havent heard them spoken of so negatively until now.
>>
Bob Lazar.

Actually, let me change that to "most UFO shit."
>>
>>18026735
What do you want to know? They were frauds who wanted to sell books,and to do so, they claimed paranormal phenomena where none existed if they heard as much as a creepy rumor or creak.
>>
Ancient Aliens is fairly embarrassing. They once showed a picture of the Orphic Egg and claimed it was Scottish, and another time they misread a French translation of Metamorphoses and called the book "The Ovid". They've speculated that insects and humans are very closely related because ayy lmaos have wraparound eyes like some bugs do, despite phylogenetic evidence to the contrary. Recently they claimed the moon is an alien spacecraft.
>>
Chip Coffey and Theresa Caputo
>>
>>18025637
Amityville pisses me off the most since the Lutz family were capitalizing on the actual horrific murders that took place there. Pretty fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>18028867
I feel like they don't even count, they took what was once a fairly interesting and moderately respectable conspiracy theory and turned it into self-parody for ratings. Where the Warrens capitalized with lies, Ancient Aliens doesn't try to convince anyone, just entertain.
Either that or if you're really paranoid they're controlled opposition in an attempt to discredit the theories presented.
>>
>>18029703
>controlled opposition
On that note, Alex Jones.
I'm convinced that man is paid by the CIA.
>>
>>18029703
>moderately respectable
It's based on some Swiss dipshit becoming obsessed with literal KGB propaganda (the KGB reported "UFO" sightings to mask intel regarding American aircraft and missile tests, and also in an attempt to undermine Christianity and other religions by insinuating their divine forces were aliums instead). The guy literally just looked at random shit and searched for the most obtuse meaning possible to link aliums to ancient peoples. Others also claimed ancient texts referred to aliens despite none of them being able to read cuneiform languages. Symbolism/archetype is completely ignored by these idiots who take everything literally; the Orphic Egg isn't ever a symbol for birth and rejuvenation (as we all know ancient people were all retarded and unable to recognize that animals hatch from eggs and snakes slough off their skin); it's a giant alien egg or it's evidence of scientific knowledge of the sperm and egg, imparted to them by ETs. Everything is taken literally. Biblical literalism is also fucking rampant; some claim that a global flood occurred despite no geological evidence of its occurrence (there is evidence of flooding at the edges of the Mediterranean, however). Similarly, they claim Mohenjo Daro was glassed despite being in relatively excellent condition (a nuclear blast would have leveled it; also, the city had a very small population and wouldn't warrant such force).

The theories also tend to be mildly racist where aliens "recognize/fear/are impressed by [European invention/figure]" and try to intervene but almost invariably non-European civilizations (Egypt, China, Japan, Indus, Maya) had all their knowledge given to them by aliens. It's pretty fractally terrible.
>>
>>18029835
No, yeah, I don't disagree, I don't buy that shit for a second. I'm just saying that back in the day there were regular, mainstream, normal humans that thought there was at least some degree of plausibility to the idea and that it was interesting. Do I think they were right? No. But that show took it and amped it up to absolutely preposterous levels so that the entire concept is considered comical lunacy.
>>
>>18029374

Even though George and Kathy are now dead, one of their kids is now carrying on the tradition. See the documentary My Amityville Horror.
>>
>>18028838
Is there definitive proof that they're fakes? I've noticed that a lot of their views on demonology seem to be the accepted consensus in the paranormal community, even on /x/.
>>
>>18025637
any story about a photo/video where one observer swears "There was nobody else in the room."
>>
>>18030156
>Is there definitive proof that they're fakes?

no. most of the opposition to them is by the fedora muh atheism crowd.
>>
>>18028867
Naw. I don't believe a word of it. AA is all in good fun and they know it. The only thing they're guilty of is instigating open mindedness. Isn't it possible that all possibilities could co-exist together?
>>
whats wrong with the man from taured
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.