[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Files, Issue Forty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

It's almost come full circle, anons. We're up to Issue Forty. A few more weeks and we'll have gone a full year of The /x/ Files.

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Paranormal Article of the Week
3: Radio Show Roundup
4: Paranormal Podcasts
5: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Geologists Find Evidence of China’s Great Flood

According to legend, Chinese civilization began with a Great Flood. The floodwaters covered the plains of northern and central China for 22 years, until a ruler named Yu led a great dredging project that returned the river to its original channels. For 1,000 years, the story of the Great Flood and Yu’s founding of Chinese civilization were handed down as oral history, before finally entering the written record in the first millennium BCE. With no hard evidence of Xia or the flood, however, scholars have long debated whether these events actually happened or were purely the stuff of legend. Now, it turns out that the Great Flood may have been a real natural disaster that struck the Yellow River valley in about 1920 BCE.

A team of geologists, led by Wu Qinglong of Nanjing Normal University, discovered the remains of a landslide that, thousands of years ago, dammed up the Yellow River where it flows through Jishi Gorge in northern China’s Qinghai Province. The natural dam would have been somewhere around the size of Hoover Dam; it completely blocked the river, and the water that built up behind it eventually formed a lake 650 feet deep.

The researchers calculated that when the landslide dam finally gave way, it unleashed a torrent of 300,000 to 500,000 cubic meters of water per second. "To put that into perspective, that’s roughly equivalent to the largest flood ever measured on the Amazon River, the world’s largest river. It’s among the largest known floods to have happened on Earth during the past 10,000 years," said Darryl Granger, a Purdue University geologist.

Full Story: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2016/08/04/geologists-find-evidence-of-chinas-great-flood/
>>
Rare Maya Burial Temple Discovered in Belize

The Maya people produced some awesome pyramids like the Castillo at Chichen Itza and the temple at Tikal. But unlike Egypt and other parts of the world, these pyramids were designed more for religious reasons than for royal burials. That makes the recent discovery of an elaborate temple-grave in western Belize a huge find.

Jaime Awe, director of the Belize Valley Archaeological Reconnaissance Project, led a team of researchers who discovered the tomb while excavating the stairway on a structure in Xunantunich, a Maya archaeological site on the Mopan River. Inside, they found human remains later identified as belonging to a well-muscled man in his 20s inside the tomb. Jade beads, bones from jaguars and deer, ceramic pots, obsidian blades and other objects were placed around the body.

The tomb represents an extraordinary find, if only for its construction. At 4.5 meters by 2.4 meters, it is "one of the largest burial chambers ever discovered in Belize," Awe said. It appears to differ dramatically from other grave sites of the era. Most Maya tombs were built "intrusively," as additions to existing structures, but the new tomb was built simultaneously with the structure around it – a common practice among cultures such as the ancient Egyptians, but uncommon among the Mayas.

"In other words, it appears that the temple was purposely erected for the primary purpose of enclosing the tomb," Awe said. "Except for a very few rare cases, this is not very typical in ancient Maya architecture."

The find is the first royal tomb discovered at Xunantunich, and is one of the largest in the country.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/aug/06/maya-snake-dynasty-tomb-belize-ruins
>>
Paranormal Article of the Week

The Curse Of Julia Brown: Manchac Swamp’s Voodoo Priestess Haunts Louisiana After Killing a Whole Town

Julia Brown was a well-respected magic practitioner in her small town of Frenier, Louisiana. If someone got sick they had two options – they could make the journey into New Orleans, or they could turn to Julia for a supernatural healing. It wasn’t uncommon for Julia to travel around the village performing rituals to help with childbirth, fight off infections, and cure illnesses, and more often than not, the afflicted would recover quickly. By all accounts, whatever strange powers Julia was harnessing – they worked.

Though the townsfolk respected Julia, they also began to take her for granted. When she started to feel as if her neighbors were using her, many of them demanding her help without asking, Julia Brown developed a bit of a mean streak, and began scaring the ungrateful locals by predicting when terrible things were about to happen to them. Whether she was foretelling future events or placing a curse, it seemed that Julia always knew when something bad was coming to the town of Frenier.

On September 28, 1915, Julia passed away. In the final weeks leading up to her death she was often heard singing, “One day I’m gonna die, and I’m gonna take all of you with me,” over and over again.

Full Article: http://weekinweird.com/2016/08/07/the-curse-of-julia-brown-manchac-swamps-voodoo-priestess-haunts-louisiana-after-killing-a-whole-town/
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: EMP Attack/ Brain & the Paranormal

In the first half Historian William R. Forstchen, PhD, updated the ongoing campaign to bolster against an EMP attack, and what the effects of such a calamity would be. In the latter half, author and philosopher Matthew Alper argued that belief in such things as ghosts, and even God are wired into our brains neurologically, though there is no scientific proof that they are real.

Tuesday: Gun Rights

In the first half, economist and gun rights advocate John Lott shared his belief that Americans have been bombarded by well-funded anti-gun studies and stories that perpetuate false statistics to frighten people into giving up their guns. Open Lines followed.

Wednesday: Nephilim and Hybrids/ Other Side Messages

In the first half, author and researcher L.A. Marzulli discussed the Nephilim, giants, hybrids, and various anomalous skulls and creatures. In the latter half, psychic, medium, and spiritual teacher Vincent Genna discussed his work and the messages he receives and deciphers from the Other Side.

Thursday: Natural Supplementation/ Irish Mythology & Psychopaths

In the first half, pharmacist and nutritionist Benjamin Fuchs offered tips on diet and supplements in order to combat various physical ailments and health problems. In the second half, Author Thomas Sheridan detailed what he's discovered about psychopaths, and also shared his research on ancient Irish mythology, the Druids, fairies, and giants.

Friday: Animal Communication

Former Deputy Sheriff in Bailey, Colorado, Karen Anderson experienced heightened awareness honing her intuitive skills on the force dealing with life-threatening situations while on patrol. During this time she rediscovered her childhood gift of animal communication and has been helping others to bridge the divide and understand the mind of animals. Open Lines followed.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: Albert Fish, Part II: That's How They Do It in Hollywood

The nightmare continues with Albert Fish part II as we delve into Albert’s horrific family life, the beginnings of his religious mania, and how that would result in two of the most horrendous murders we’ve ever covered. It’s Gold Star time.

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/albert-fish-part-ii-this-is-how-they-do-it-in-hollywood/

Paranormal Podcast: Life Between Heaven and Earth and Haunted Washington, DC

Psychic George Anderson joins us to talk about talking with the other side.

Link: http://jimharold.com/life-between-heaven-and-earth-and-haunted-washington-dc-paranormal-podcast-443/

Mysterious Universe: 16.05

This week we are joined by ethologist and best selling author Jonathan Balcombe to discuss his new book "What a Fish Knows." Balcombe’s research reveals just how wrong our assumptions of fish intelligence have been and uncovers the miraculously complex behaviour of our underwater cousins.

Link: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/08/16-05-mu-podcast/
>>
Expanded Perspectives: The Tragic Fate of The Donner Party

On this episode of Expanded Perspectives the guys talk about how one of the last known groups of woolly mammoths died out because of a lack of drinking water, scientists believe. Then, what do you so with land that’s been rendered inhabitable by humans? The Ukrainian government has decided the best use of the 1,600 square mile “exclusion zone” surrounding the former Chernobyl nuclear power station is to build one the world’s largest solar power plants, according to Electrek. Then, Australia is to shift its longitude and latitude to address a gap between local co-ordinates and those from global navigation satellite systems (GNSS). Then, Cam brings up an unusual Gnome encounter in the deep dark woods. After the break, Kyle details the horrific story of the Donner Party. In the spring of 1846, a group of nearly 90 emigrants left Springfield, Illinois, and headed west. Led by brothers Jacob and George Donner, the group attempted to take a new and supposedly shorter route to California. They soon encountered rough terrain and numerous delays, and they eventually became trapped by heavy snowfall high in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Purportedly reduced to cannibalism to survive through the winter, only half of the original group reached California the following year. Their story quickly spread, and before long the term “Donner Party” became synonymous with one of humanity’s most ingrained taboos.

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/tragic-fate-of-the-donner-party/

Skeptoid: The Banjawarn Bang

Evidence suggests a doomsday cult may have successfully tested a nuclear bomb in Australia in 1993.

Link: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4531
>>
Astonishing Legends: The Mary Celeste - Ghost Ship (Part Two)

The mysterious disappearance of ten souls would not be the last of the misfortune to befall the ill-fated Mary Celeste. Insurance fraud, lost revenue, madness, and suicide would all become dreadful notches in the gunwale of her sad history, along with the premature deaths of three of her captains. Whether you believe in curses or not, often the best insurance is to leave fate untempted.

Link: http://www.astonishinglegends.com/portfolio/ep-043-the-mary-celeste-ghost-ship-part-2/

Blurry Photos Podcast: La Llorona

Saddle up, greenhorns, it’s time for a Blurry Photos narrative on La Llorona! A legend of Mexican folklore, La Llorona is the story of the ghost of a regretful woman searching for her children whom she killed in jealous rage. David and Dave don their storytellin’ hats and weave an informational narrative of the cursed girl. Along the way you’ll hear possible origins of the story, Aztec folklore, different versions of the tale, and even some European legends that have suspiciously similar characteristics. Make sure those six-shooters are clean and loaded and the horses are fed and watered, this one might leave you parched and lookin’ for more! Or at least lookin’ for a lady...

Link: http://www.blurryphotos.org/ep-156-la-llorona/

Bizarre States: The Binding

In this special bonus episode, Bowser sits down with Gus Krieger, the writer/director of The Binding and its two stars Amy Gumenick and Josh Heisler!

Link: http://nerdist.com/bizarre-states-96-the-binding/
>>
The Higherside Chats Podcast: Mike Sententia | Direct Magick, Entity Contact, Energy Healing

Today, Greg Carlwood hosts Mike Sententia In the most recent installment of everyone's favorite fringe podcast. Spelling it out for us on his popular website, Magick of Thought, Sententia has been working on one of the most straightforward and practical brand of magick appropriately dubbed "Direct Magick." We've seen the pattern of powerful people belonging to various groups that utilize magick & the magical arts, and covered through the course of multiple shows some of these magical practices. Today we attempt to even the scales once again, expand our knowledge base and add these esoteric tools to our repertoire. With the help of today’s guest, we are able approach this topic with ease as he breaks down the barriers and helps create accessibility for the common folk. So throw off the silly robes and get ready as they step outside the traditional rituals and explore the underlying phenomenon hidden deep in the belly of the beast.

Link: http://thehighersidechats.com/mike-sententia-direct-magick-entitys-energy-healing/

The Dark Myths Collective:

We are a group of podcasters dedicated to producing high quality and emotionally power-packed listening experiences. While our shows span the full spectrum of genres from history to fiction to crime stories, what binds them together is that they explore the darker side. This allows you to cross genres and discover podcasts you might not have found.

Link: http://darkmyths.org
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
Regular readers may have noticed that occasionally I will omit a podcast, generally if they haven't put out a new episode that week, of if the episode of the week isn't generally topical to the paranormal/true crime/science genre that this magazine leans towards.
I added the Euphomet podcast/radio show under the suggestion of a reader, but I've decided today that they're the first podcast that I'm going to cut out. While they may have some interesting episodes, their website is a fucking mess, their content is sporadic, and their general disorganization just makes it a pain to try and catalog them each week. They did manage to put out an episode this week, but they couldn't even put up fucking show notes on it. Basically, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and now I'm done with 'em. If you like their podcast, you can continue to occasionally find their content at www.euphomet.com but as for me and The /x/ Files, you ain't gonna be seeing them round no more.

Archive: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Email: [email protected]

Until Next Time
>>
Thanks for the quality original content, as always. Have a bump.
>>
Thanks editor looking forward to your 1 year anniversary!
>>
Bump for content
>>
These always make my Sunday evenings. I look forward to them. Been following since nearly the beginning.
>>
Fucking 40 weeks in, and this thread falls to the back page within hours of being posted. /x/ really is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>18024523
Cheers, Ed
>>
I am fairly new to /x/ (just discovered a few months ago) but does this come out every sunday? I really like how all the info is presented
>>
>>18028494
Yup always around the same time.
>>
>>18024523
Very new to /x/, i love this
Thank you, kind editor
>>
>>18027129
Lurkers aren't really obligated to bump threads and /x/ has more lurkers than any other blueboard, this allows many threads to sink fast. Just the nature of our domain.
>>
congratulations on nearing a year's worth of good content! thanks editor
>>
Based editor does again!
>>
File: 1466899439608.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1466899439608.png
19KB, 512x323px
Bump?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.