[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptid Reference thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: Mothman.jpg (224KB, 1000x910px) Image search: [Google]
Mothman.jpg
224KB, 1000x910px
Cryptid thread

Looking for some reference on cryptids. I'm only clued up on a few creatures of common knowledge like bigfoot, the jersey devil etc. I'm hoping you guys will help me out and share your favorite creatures and maybe educate me on more obscure cryptids.
>>
Interested to see if anyone is willing to share info of more exotic creatures from other parts of the world like europe or eastern asian? Even mythological creatures are of interest to me.
>>
Like I breifly mentioned in the first two posts: extra points for exotic, obscure and ambiguous creatures and stories.
>>
>>18024203
Sweden has a bunch of nice mythological creatures. Mylingar are the spirits of unbaptized murdered children, Näcken is a naken boy playing music to lure people in the rivers and drown them (he sometimes manifests as a horse too). When building churches they'd sacrifice an animal, a Kyrkogrim, which could then haunt the area,

These are more ghostly but the most common Swedish "cryptid" are the trolls. There are said to many different kinds, some are benevolent gnomes that can help out in exchange for food (they can ruin things and even be violent if they don't get what they want though). There are bigger trolls in the forests, they collect gold and sometimes exchange their children with human children. There's a traditional myth about "forestchildren", swapped out by the trolls at a young age and raised among humans unknowingly.

Also, storsjöodjuret. The Swedish Nessie.
>>
>>18024215
I'm particularly interested in Näcken, any stories or links you can give me to read up about this kid?
>>
>>18024226
Wikipedia article covers the basics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_(water_spirit)
>>
File: mokelembembe.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mokelembembe.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>18024201
Is the Mokele-mbembe obscure enough? I think it's right on the edge of being well known, but one thing that isn't well known and is almost never mentioned in documentary mentions of the cryptid is that audio recordings of vocalizations from the M.M. were recorded during an expedition.

I bring this up once in a while because I think everyone should hear the vocalization, it's still a very obscure piece of cryptid evidence. I did that and talked about the M.M. at length on one of my /x/ casts,

At 14 minutes 45 seconds
https://youtu.be/rK1bIqszw34?t=14m45s

Here's the audio recording made by the expedition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV3pDGGMNOU
>>
>>18025334
It kinda sounds like the roaring of a big cat.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.