[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help finding spooky WWI video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (181KB, 950x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 950x672px
A while ago someanon posted a youtube video of errie World War I footage with a res tint and creepy music. I've been trying to look for that video but cannot find it; can someanon help a nigga out?
>>
Red*
Fuck I'm autistic
>>
File: Chaplin_Sniper.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
Chaplin_Sniper.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>
Pretty sure this is what you're looking for correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
>>
>>18019727
>>18019753

Anon beat me to it
>>
>>18019708
That.... is actually pretty funny. Fuckin' Chaplin, who'd have thought?
>>
>>18019701
We all are, no worries.
>>
>>18019727
What is with the men shaking and walking stiffly?
Is it PTSD?

I watched this out of a morbid curiosity, but I'm so thankful to be detached from this sort of thing.
Anyone have good Nam/Agent Orange footage?
>>
>>18020132
Yeah. Back then it was called shellshock. I'm not sure why it doesn't manifest like that anymore, but it probably has something to do with the fact that we've never really had another war where you sat around in a ditch for months at a time while artillery exploded a few feet away from you.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x416px)
image.jpg
67KB, 500x416px
>>18021172
Correct. The conditions in which the war was fought
had detrimental effects on the human mind on levels yet to be matched.

I have a hard time imagining the thought process of the young boys who had to endure months upon months of cold, wet, bombarded misery.

A morbid part of me thinks going over the top would be a relief given enough time spent on constant edge.
>>
>>18021269
>>A morbid part of me thinks going over the top would be a relief given enough time spent on constant edge.

Too much real life.
>>
File: Chaplin.gif (2MB, 500x374px)
Chaplin.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>18020113
You don't know what you are missing. Charlie Chaplin was a master of visual humor and some pretty gnarly stunts on almost Buster Keaton level insanity.
>>
>>18021269
A soldier once wrote about sitting in a trench while the juices of a decaying, decapitated leg dripped onto his shoulder.
>>
>>18021269
Truly. Not just the shelling, WW1 was the first time a whole bunch of brutal weapons were used for the first time. And the kids going to war had little to no media exposure like today to know what to expect. Imagine being in that trench, and after months of cold, bad food, disease and friends dying you see a tank for the first time in your life, rolling across the field to kill you. We got it damn good in our time
>>
Reminder that early feminists would shame men who didn't go off to fight
>>
>>18021380
If you're talking about the Order of the White feather those weren't feminists, they were women hired by the british government to shame the men into enlisting
>>
>>18021380
>>18021380
>>18021418
those bitches and whores would give guys that lost limbs feathers for not being man enough to die in a fucking ditch in france.

just like the temperance movement was a bunch of smelly old dykes and child molesters.
>>
>>18021373
Lets not forget, there are few, if any memorials to those people that died in WW1. I've heard elsewhere that the dead, regardless of what side they were on, were often tossed in mass, shallow graves.

At that point, being a soldier was not patriotic, it was not even heroic, it was just something able bodied men would have to do from time to time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.