[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The age old question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Redpill.jpg (16KB, 186x267px) Image search: [Google]
Redpill.jpg
16KB, 186x267px
Is it better to believe that nothing paranormal occurs in the world around us and think nothing of it? Or see how far down the rabbit hole goes and embrace the macabre and unnatural? Is ignorance truly bliss /x/?
What do you believe?
>>
yeah honestly you'll be happier being ignorant.

remember that episode of the simpsons where homer finds out that a crayon was stuck in his brain? and after he removed it he becomes intelligent and then not understood by his ignorant friends. he ends up becoming miserable and then decides to re-insert the crayon.

however irl you cannot re-insert the crayon.
>>
>>18018552
I was redpilled by force, i've suffered a poltergeist.
>>
>>18018552
i was gunna type something but then i was like, eh it's kind of a matter of opinion.

>>18018565
care to share what happened?
>>
I think you can be aware that paranormal stuff exists and still not worry about it.

I believe there are a number of strange and unexplainable things. I think both evil and good and neutral things exist. I don't seek them out, I don't constantly wonder about them either.

It's a bit like wild animals. I know there are coyotes living nearby but I don't worry about them because I am in my house and I have a gun, I don't think about them.

But, if I go seek them out, if I purposefully go where coyotes would be, I'd have to worry.

My house is clean. I don't look for things. I read interesting things in passing and go 'hmm' and it's all fine.

If I am ever near a coyotes den without realizing it, I would still be able to recognize the threat and come up with a plan. Maybe build a fire or make a weapon.

What does it hurt to think the supernatural is real and learn how to protect yourself from any threat? So long as you don't go overboard you can live a happy, fulfilling life while still believing in the otherworldy.
>>
The prospect of nothing existing beyond what we see doesn't seem very blissful to me. That seems horrificly bleak and depressing.
>>
We are here to gather knowledge and meaning. If you don't discover the unknowns, than you will always wonder because that's how you are programed. You wouldn't be asking the question if you didn't already feel the answer. The most important think is to remain strong, if you go exploring you will be tested. Weak mind let's strong minds in..
>>
>>18018552
knowing what I know i feel like it wasn't worth it
>>
>>18018710
What do you know?
>>
>>18018552
>believe that nothing paranormal occurs in the world around us and think nothing of it? Or see how far down the rabbit hole goes and embrace the macabre an

Being conscious is paranormal with currently available knowledge at the time being.
For starters, surely you can appreciate that being conscious is "not normal" or "expected" compared to the majority of matter in this world, which is not alive and not conscious.
>>
Depend on your own knowledge and experience.
Or whatever foundation you choose to base your beliefs in.
>>
>>18018552
If you are ignorant you will be unable to see things for what they are but if you are not you will understand that it doesn't really matter.
The red pill is a harsh no return journey but if you can learn to enjoy that journey you will be fine. If you have high hopes and dreams and are unable to enjoy the moment I'd recommend not taking it.
>>
File: 1465014574564.gif (951KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465014574564.gif
951KB, 720x480px
>>18018680
but see, no offense, but your thinking is very shallow in a sense. knowing about the paranormal opens a lot of questions about existance, us, and the after life. we don't know anything about what happens after we die, but if the paranormal is real, there are a lot of options to what could happen to us. and a lot of them are terrifying.
>>
>>18018618
sharing opinions helps evolves others', causing a successive evolution with each new opinion, assuming that new had read old; please, share
>>
>>18018743
>the majority of matter in this world, which is not alive and not conscious.

>2016
>not being an animist
>>
>>18018552
>>18019719
Ignorance can be bliss; if you just want to be comfy and are satisfied with what the material world has to offer, take that blue pill. Just know that eventually, whether in this lifetime or another, you'll grow more and more bored with it until the idea that "this is all there is" will be more horrifying and repulsive to you than anything that might be "out there."

If you feel moved to dive down the rabbit hole now it will be to your advantage in the end, but if you aren't yet dissatisfied with the "normal," now might not be your time.
>>
>>18018552
mental illness and collective delusions
>>
I am a realist so I don't believe in the paranormal but I do try to seek it out. I want the paranormal to be true but it just isn't. If I ever find proof or something like that then that would be great.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.