[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashing light in the sky.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: milkyway.jpg (355KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
milkyway.jpg
355KB, 1024x680px
Just got back from watching the meteor shower. I'm out in Arizona and decided to drive out to the desert to get away from the light population and enjoy the show.
I took a buddy with me, cause buddy system and we were out there without incident and to be honest there wasn't an incident to begin with, however.
We were looking up at the same area and both saw a flashing light in the sky. There wasn't a streak to indicate it moved in a direction, it was like a large ball of light turned on and then off. Relative to our position, the size of it looked like the size of what an eraser on a pencil looks like if you hold it about 6 inches from your face, but obviously in the sky and far away.
The only explanation I have is that we happened to be under a meteor that was flying straight at us which is why it looked like a flashing light to us but that doesn't make sense since I'd imagine I'd at least see a small trail behind it since they travel in an arc.
Anyone here similar stories and can confirm what I believe happened with science.
>>
>>18017602
Similar stories or can confirm *
>>
>>18017602
Sounds like a big reflective piece of space junk tumbling around in NEO. Unless a bunch of ayy lmaos jumped out and started a kegger, it's probably that.
>>
>>18017617
I had no idea that was a thing
Neato, it was big compared to the shootings stars and weird that it flashed on then off but this makes sense
>>
I have a similar experience will share if interested.
>>
>>18017667
Please do
Amd from now on just share instead of asking
>>
>>18017602
i saw it too also, it moved with each flash, in a line.
think its a satellite
>>
>>18018317
No we kept looking in that are and it wasn't there
Also I've seen satellites, they're tiny as hell and you can barely see the lights on them, they also move really quick.
This was a bright flash and fairly big, like I said hold a pencil 6 inches from your face and that's how big it was.
This >>18017617 is the only reasonable explanation, literal space trash
If it was a satellite I'd assume I'd see a pattern of lights as it rotates.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.