[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So today I received a call from my mother asking me if I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (409KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
409KB, 1080x1920px
So today I received a call from my mother asking me if I had called my grandmother asking her to come to get me because I was in distress.
She received the call from my grandfather. I have no calls from my phone and they insist that it was me, my mother drove over and checked and they asked how I was and what was the problem.
Meanwhile Iv been in my green house and animal room all day until I revived the call.
I asked on another board and someone suggested might be something about time laps or something like that.
Any ideas what is going on or what could of happened?
Happy to provide more info if needed.
>>
>>18014675
>Happy to provide more info if needed.
More info and pictures of your phone and of the green house and animal room please.
>>
it's a junkie scam.
they call saying it's a grand kid telling them
to send money or come get them then they rob
them.
>>
>>18014684
Botanist?
>>
Op that's a pretty common scam actually. Especially to the elderly or to particularly vulnerable targets such as naive stay at home housewives or migrants who don't speak the language. My mom told me it used to happen all the time.

>be mom, housewife who doesn't speak English that well
>doing housewife shit like cooking and cleaning
>phone rings
>"hello, this is XY and Z I'm good friends with your husband, your husband wanted me to call you he's been in a car accident. Hes in the hospital and needs 500 dollars to pay the doctor. If you can meet us at the parking lot of the super market with the money well drive you there. Look for the blue pickup truck"
>hang up
>call uncle
>uncle calls dad's work
>dad's fine
>warn everybody at church about it on Sunday
>several other women had the same experience luckily nobody fell for it
>>
>>18014701
It seems similar but they all say I called them to come to my house what's the point in that?
>>
>>18014701
Additionally since my parents were immigrants other twists on the scam went like this
>hello aunty? This is *obscure relative second cousin twice removed, on you're aunt (insert common name such as Maria) side of the family*
>I'm at the border, the smugglers brought me across the border as promised but now they are demanding 1500 or they're going to kill me and dump me in the desert can you come bring me money?
>>
>>18014719
They know where you live man that's not good
>>
>>18014741
I don't need a silver knife to kill s junkie right?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.