[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skin Walkers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 30

File: skin-walker.jpg (9KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
skin-walker.jpg
9KB, 199x253px
Their was a conversation on 8/pol/ about Skin Walkers, and I found it pretty interesting. So /x/ do you care to enlighten me on the subject. So far all I know is that they live in cold regions past the American Canadian border, and are in some states like Maine.
>>
>>18013093
nope, there are plenty of native americans who have legends of them, and here in washington.....its weird but you live in a small town, and hear something about it, then.....you realise the whole town knows, just noone wants to talk about it.
few years back, some dude went nuts....killed his whole family with a shotgun and machete, then ran off into the woods near the foot of some mountains......they never went in those woods, when i asked why, that is when i first heard the term "skinwalker." if you say it around here....people go quiet and give you dirty looks.
>>
>>18013132
Does everyone honor these skin walker no go zones? Has anything happened in the last few decades i these zones?
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (56KB, 845x495px) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
56KB, 845x495px
>>18013093
They steal the thunder from better Native spirits like the Wendigo.
>>
>>18013151
no, the state ignores warnings, but local police wont go in there, kids go missing near there once in a while, ive heard of wierd sightings of some animal out there, and i spent a short time up there.....everything about the people living there feels......plastic, like they are nervous all the time, super jumpy.
>>
>>18013182

>The state ignores warnings

well untill you can dig up cases of dead/missing State cops going into skinwalker turf it sounds like the natives are just scared by their own myth.
>>
windigo thought suckers from space
>>
>>18013202
it dose, but there is other shit about that place....ive heard of mutilated cattle and my uncle went up there to hunt during the day......said he spent all day, no birds, deer, elk nothing exept a weird sheep that followed them all day. that place is pretty odd, even for out here.
i would agree about the seeming like superstition thing though. just because its fucking creepy dosen't mean its 100% sure fire monster territory.
>>
Does anyone ever find the bodies of these missing people? Or do people not go looking for them?
>>
>>18013225

Even without spooky scary native witch demons, people that get lost in the forest are at best found decades later most are never found.

Shit we still havent found DB Coopers bones yet and he was almost certainly killed in the escape and they had a general area to look for him in.

If you go get lost in the deep woods, your remains will most likely not be found, you dont need the paranormal for that to happen.
>>
>>18013225
they come back eventually, thats actually the weird part....i think everyone always comes back.
>>
File: 1467310908159.png (88KB, 1118x819px) Image search: [Google]
1467310908159.png
88KB, 1118x819px
I've read some threads about skinwalkers and N O P E.
>>
>>18013236
What do you mean?
>>
>>18013235
>Enter Missing 411 Conspiracy.
Now that's some spooky shit.
>>
File: 1467310938068.png (99KB, 719x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1467310938068.png
99KB, 719x1272px
>>18013240
Cont'd
>>
>>18013249

Not saying people that go missing arent taken, I come here regulary for a reason after all.

I'm just saying if you're backpacking in the deep woods off the beaten track, fall into a gully and break your neck, the chances of your remains being found are pretty slim you dont have to be dragged off by bigfoot to be his sex slave to be a never found person.
>>
File: 1376188670499.jpg (159KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1376188670499.jpg
159KB, 1440x900px
>>18013093
>Skin Walkers
ask /k/ they will tell you
its the only thing the gun nuts that live in fucking doomsday bunkers in the woods truly fear
they actively wish for a home invasion or ww3 and they are scared of skinwalkers or other things that are mislabeled as them
>>
>>18013157
Indian orc, neat
>>
>>18013241
isnt it weird that so many people go missing....and always return?
usually someone goes missing in the woods around here (deep washington coast.) they usually are found by a rescue party, starving or dead....or never, going missing in some of the skincrawler woods, larger survival rates.
>>
>>18013294

> they usually are found by a rescue party, starving or dead....or never

so the only three results that will happen when someone goes missing in the woods? NO thats actually not weird, it would be weird if they came riding out of the forest armed in ancient elven armour riding a elephant, that would be weird.
>>
File: k282723_ragenooky.jpg (117KB, 651x961px) Image search: [Google]
k282723_ragenooky.jpg
117KB, 651x961px
>>18013241
skinwalkers are shape shifters they copy or mimic their prey
pretty good at it but there are always little clues like if its an animal it may always look wounded and the wounds don't heal or get worse or a person but it can only copy what it has heard the person say and can't say in there voce words it has never heard them say
>>
>>18013305
well, thats a dramatization....but yes, that would be strange also.
>>
File: wow bear.gif (2MB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
wow bear.gif
2MB, 500x490px
>>18013318
worst part is the fucking consistency of the stories from legitimate sources (ie real people and real experiences not creep pasta) and from people that have never heard of a skinwalker or any of the stories
there IS something in the woods of north america that makes the other animals run away stay quiet or just never go to an area
an apex predator that is not man or bear or wolf or big cat
it IS smart human level smart
and just too much people see to dismiss it
i have even had a run in with -something-
>>
File: 1463528912284.jpg (49KB, 351x445px) Image search: [Google]
1463528912284.jpg
49KB, 351x445px
>>18013217
where in WA is this,
down here in snoho county we don't see much shit like this.
You're more likely to see a KKK ritual or some shit
>>
>>18013294
>going missing in some of the skincrawler woods, larger survival rates.

Clearly the skinwalkers are saving many lives.
>>
>>18013093
skin walkers are the byproduct of the U.S government burning literally tons of narcotics like bath salts and lsd in remote parts of the united states to dispose of it and people hiking a mile down wind. the concentration of chemicals in the air can have effects on people with no tolerance

other than that its people in flint michigan drinking the orange soda that comes out of the tap in their house having hallucinations

the urban legend level mythos describes them almost like ghost being able to poses people...its not a cryptid. its not even reasonable to call a ghost a "skinwalker"
>>
File: lotofguns.jpg (1014KB, 2074x1383px) Image search: [Google]
lotofguns.jpg
1014KB, 2074x1383px
>>18013354
>i was indawoods
>i love hiking
>i love camping
>i love telling the world to go fuck off for a week or two
>so id go hiking/camping (like 50mi from nearest road making trails not following them level hiking)
>carry a handgun cuz wild animals
>one day walking
>can tell animals are keeping distance from me
>normal for deep in woods they fear man and are not accustomed to him
>but can tell that the area around me is the only area that is disturbed by my passing
>but then it gets weird
>have not seen deer or signs of them for two days weard this far into the woods with few hunters
>have not seen smaller smart animals like opossums and racoons for a night and a day
>have not seen squirrels all day
>have not heard birds for 30min
>stopped hearing insects
>something is scaring the animals and its not me
>very far into woods so it's not likely another human, and people leave their unique mark on a healthy forest environment (think tracking missing persons) so i can always tell when someone is near me in the woods
>this is something different, it is not human
>something predatory is near me
>start to walk slower and lighter so my own footsteps don't cover up sounds
>something is moving 75yd away from me
>to small to be bear and bear don't scare the birds and bugs like this
>medium size like deer or person by the amount of tree limbs its disturbs as it moves
>its going the same direction as me
>go left it follows go right it follows
>put an large rock formation between me and it
>it followed by going over the rocks
>not deer, deer are prey so they avoid large exposed areas that predators can see them like over the rocks
>not person as people that are not an olympic gymnast will have problems climbing the rocks
>definitely predatory, and hunting the only thing going this way ...me..
>so it can't be a large cat or wolf cuz their kind and are functionally extinct in this part of the country
>>
>>18013466
. . . go on
>>
>>18013466
were waiting anon
>>
>>18013354
>this.
My dad had never heard of skinwalkers, and he said he has heard something scream in the woods on our property (NE Tennessee). Said it sounded half human half animal. My nephews were with him. It was early morning, he was walking the kids to the school bus stop at the end of our road. We live in BFE. 29 acres of woods, surrounded by hundreds of acres of woods, in the fucking woods universe. Dad has been an outdoorsy guy all his life. He knows what bear and big cat sound like. But he said this scream send chills up his back. After he told me, I showed him all the skinwalker "evidence" and reported behavior. He doesn't go walking without his Taurus Judge on his hip now.
>>
>>18013466
>idk what its is but its staying 75yds back and to the right
>and following me
>brought gun for something like this
>get pistol out and load it
>come to a somewhat flat part that is before an open area 1000yds away
>it will attack as i get to the open area as it will have cover and i will not and if i run i will run to the safety of the tree line where it will be waiting, or into the open area where it can chase me down like a lion after a water buffalo in the african savanna
>1000yds till the open area me and it are still in some dense woods i have a loaded gun and its time to let the predator know that this prey is not an easy meal
>i turn and start running toward its position
>i know it can hear my footsteps as there are kinda loud as i run
>i can tell it takes off at an angle when i get to be 25 yds away
>moved fast but i also can't hear it still going so it moved away and then stopped
>get to spot it was and stop
>trail where something moved in the woods
>and going off the the left like i heard it
>turn to the direction it went and i know it still is no more then 100yds away
>take several very loud steps in its direction
>fire one shot into woods in its direction
>hear it dive to one side for cover
>hear it then start to try and get closer
>its not afraid of prey fighting back and not afraid of gunshots but knows to not get hit by them
>ok now i'm a little scared
>WTF is this thing?
>i yell out "i know you're out there" hell it may be a person
>and if its an animal then the sound will let it know its in for a fight
>i hear in a voice that is like my own in a recording "out there, out there, i know, out there "..."i know you're out there" and a sound that sounded like an attempt to make a gunshot sound but lacked the volume
>and its 75 yds away
>so much nope
>my emergency mode kicked in like for my EMT paramedic work where my emotional part just overloads and shuts off and my logical part takes over
>>
>>18013551
There better not be any dancing dinosaurs, or so help me anon...
>>
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>18013551
Continue

>>18013556
Kek
>>
File: 1470467037434.jpg (18KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470467037434.jpg
18KB, 255x200px
>>18013551
We must wait anon will surely deliver
>>
>>18013473
>>18013530
im typing

>i don't run as i know running will make whatever it is attack right now sensing weakness and fear
>i walk away in the direction i and it had come from
>i walk in a steady pace for a while and then just stop and turn around ...loudly... with the gun
>it follows
>it test me by coming closer and being loud about it some of the times i stop
>i do not panic fire or start running as i know if i did that it will attack sensing fear and panic and an opportunity
>we play this game for the rest of the day
>it really starts to test when it starts to get dark and im still over 20 miles from anything and two days hike from where i started
>thank god i have a cop flashlight that is also a club and is halogen running on 3 "C' batteries so its an artificial sun
>it stays away from the beam of light and keeps its distance (10 to 20 yds) all night
>day comes it is still with me
> i walked all day and night and in a straight line for the place i had parked
>it stays 50 yds or so away
>i still have not SEEN IT but i have heard it following
>it keeps getting bolder and testing more often
>i see leaves and brush moving where it is when is gets close and test me to see if i'm still alert
>i let it know i am by stopping and facing its way every time it test
>late on the day but before sundown i get to the area i parked at
>its still with me
>i look in its direction with the gun pointed and get the keys out
>its stays 25 to 50 yards out but moves circular to my position
>i keep the gun pointed at the sound of it in the woods
>i get me and my large backpack in the car all with out taking my aim off of where it is
>it finally shows it self as im getting into the car and it knows it cant follow me at the speed of a car can drive away
>so it shows itself finally
>out from a clump of trees 25 yds away it stops avoiding open sight lines and comes out
>it looks just like me same even the same cloths i have on
>>
>>18013609
Thanks for the story anon. You /x/ guys are alright. Do a lot of you guys on /x/ go inna woods?
>>
>>18013609
Even if this is fake, you're a pretty good writer. Please continue
>>
>>18013609
>same camo paints
>same t shirt with dirt on it
>same backpack
>same gun
>flashlight is wrong but it has one
>and it waved at me
>then just stood there looking at me as i drove away
>i now carry an AK 47 whenever im in hiking or camping now
>i tell people its for bears
>its not for bears
>there is something in the woods
>IDK what it is but i carry a big gun if i ever see it again
>>
>>18013618
im from /k/
>>
>>18013132
Look up kevin vermette Kitimat bc. Awfully similar tale
>>
>>18013625
Figures, I like /k/. Do you come on /x/ often, what on /x/ like. Do they just sit around and talk about mysterious stuff all day?
>>
>>18013633

/x/ is the usual 4 chan shit posting only with time travel and ayyy lmaos.
>>
>>18013620
worst part is it's not fiction
i think this is why scary movies and creepypasta don't scare me
i had some really weird shit happen to me for real
the real fear didn't hit till a week later when i became paranoid and locked all the doors and windows and slept in the attic with the attic ladder up and nailed shut with my flashlight pistol and phone
>>
>>18013625
sweet story breh.

You went to toe to toe with the top of the pyramid.
>>
>>18013622
I honestly would never have gone back into the wilderness if that was me. Good excuse as any to never venture further than your backyard. I don't even know if a gun could stop that thing if it decide to attack. You go missing, they find your remains (maybe), and they think it's a bear that caused your death
>>
>>18013633
>Do you come on /x/ often
first time in a year
>>
>>18013635
Story time?
>>
>>18013635
Ok anon your story is not yet over
>>
File: wound1.gif (77KB, 448x276px) Image search: [Google]
wound1.gif
77KB, 448x276px
>>18013637
>I don't even know if a gun could stop that thing if it decide to attack
most things die when hit by full auto 7.62
>>
File: 4b00b336_3a1a_ab06.jpg (79KB, 580x576px) Image search: [Google]
4b00b336_3a1a_ab06.jpg
79KB, 580x576px
>>18013649
>>18013647
im now one of the crazy gun nuts that carries an AK when hiking and camping
and tells people that i meet in the woods that they go back and stay near the short trail or get a gun
and when they say "oh like bears" i just say "predators"
>>
File: skin-walker.png (628KB, 1272x1324px) Image search: [Google]
skin-walker.png
628KB, 1272x1324px
>>18013641
I should of just put this on /k/ as a crypto hunting thread.

Capped
>>
I know my now ex gf, her sister, and mother had a run in with a skin Walker or Wendigo. Not sure what type of thing it was but it sounds like it could have been one or the other. Strange thing is this was in New Jersey, you usually here about these types of stories west of the Appalachian mountains
>>
>>18013466
>>18013551

This is textbook.

Tracking, Isolation, Mimickery.

My friend, that was certainly one of them, whatever they are.

A smaller one by the sounds of it. The larger are quieter and far more dangerous.
>>
>>18013682
This. You were lucky man. Whenever you go into the woods you should take a cache of monoatomic gold, white ash.
>>
>>18013546
>Taurus judge
You showed him the my little pony version of the stories then
Anything less than 44 in pistol and 12 in shotgun is going unprotected
Preferably long semiautomatic rifle in 7.62x51
>>
>>18013093
Its a meme, only very loosely based on some Native folk lore. Virtually every single thing about them is an invention of internet authors trying their best to write their own spooky campfire stories.

The Native American Wendigo is quite interesting though. The nature of the thing varies depending on who tells the story, but all of them are pretty solid old school creep. Some folk lore says that it is a cursed being of absolute madness that infects those who say its name. Its still considered a taboo around some reservations to bring it up.
Other legends about the Wendigo say that its a spirit of cannibalism. Those who consume human flesh will eventually go mad from it, and become an absolute terror. Pretty interesting because this is based on fact. Eating human brains can transmit Kuru.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

Back in the day Natives would sit around camp fires at night, sharing stories, some of them ghost stories to test bravery, others a cautionary tale warning against a dangerous taboo.

>>18013275
No one is really scared of /x/ meme bullshit in real life.

>>18013650
The image you've posted is the wound profile for M855. Its a 5.56 load, not 7.62x51.
>>
>>18013546
Out of all the guns in the western world; your dad carries a fucking Taurus Judge on his hip when he's in the woods. Fuck, man. I feel sorry for you people.
>>
>>18013157
Wendigo are the shit muh dude
>>
File: 1468356352366.jpg (159KB, 1075x603px) Image search: [Google]
1468356352366.jpg
159KB, 1075x603px
>>18013712
I think we evolved to tell scary shit to keep us from going out at night and getting eaten by a fucking bear or lion
I mean the fact that we would be hunted probably provided us our healthy fear of going out at night but stories reinforced that shit and made sure only retards got hunted.
Doesn't autism normally shutdown that part of your brain that keeps you out of dangerous situations? I wonder if that's why it wasn't prevalent before? Anyways I went off on a tangent but good thread.
Skinwalkers and the goatman are my favorite /x/ creatures
>>
>>18013236
just fuck my sleep all up
>>
File: 1466744620205.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466744620205.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>18013236

Dude, do those people ever act odd? Go missing? eat a lot meat? Raw meat?

Do they seem distant, untalkative etc? Changed, when they first come back?

If so, that's.. well, those aren't the people who went missing.
>>
>>18013722
Cute theory; about the scary stories evolution, I mean.

It's just that autism has absolutely nothing to do with shutting down the part of your brain that keeps us out of dangerous situations. Autism is a social disorder more than anything else. In fact, those with autism and ADHD would be better equipped for survival and quality of life in wilderness areas.
>>
>>18013466
Jesus, I'm so jealous of the person that owns all those guns.
>>
>>18013738
Autist detected
Autistic people are notorious for putting themselves in dangerous situations
Walking into busy roads, climbing up high shit for no reason.
>>
>>18013633
Only two boards I use honestly, /x/ and /k/ have both went downhill in quality but that's the same for all of 4chan.
Like all boards though, certain times of the day or week are best if you're actually looking for entertaining stuff.
>>
>>18013746
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

That just isn't a core characteristic of autism.
>>
>>18013758
http://www.autismhelpforyou.com/SafetyIssues.htm
https://www.safety.com/p/autism-safety/
http://www.snagglebox.com/article/autism-danger-awareness
Thanks for correcting the record though
>>
File: 1415849467986.jpg (32KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1415849467986.jpg
32KB, 480x454px
>parents say they wanna go camping this weekend

What do I do if they come back skin Walkers
>>
>>18013771
It just isn't a part of the diagnosis. You can't do anything about it. I can't, either. If you feel that autists live riskier lives, then that's your prerogative; but it isn't what makes them autistic and you shouldn't be trying to make it some kind of important marker.
>>
>>18013815
Ahahahahaha! Way to move the fucking goal post! I specifically said that maybe it wasn't a prevalent issue in the past because those retards would go out and get killed by "x" predator so they were culled and kept their numbers down naturally. At no point did I say that makes them autistic, I said autist tend to be that way.
>>
Who cares? Autists aren't even real people.
>>
>>18013830
True they are just like dogs
>>
>>18013738

>cute theory

lol shut the fuck up
>>
>>18013700
Well, we aren't the wealthiest of peasants. All I have us a 410 breakdown shotgun. That's why I let my Doberman out of the house every morning before I go out to my truck. If there is something stalking around the house, he'll let me know. Also, call me paranoid, but I listen for normal wildlife sounds before I shut the door behind me. If I ever step outside and it's dead quiet, I'll probably just bolt the door and go into work after sun up.
>>
>>18013717
Any suggestions (in laymen terms) are welcome. As I said in my previous post, I only have a 410 rabbit shotgun, and I'm not very gun literate.
>>
>>18013738
Autistic people are not suited to survival because they do not function well in groups. Human beings are not generally lone survivors, they depend on groups to get by.
>>
>>18014570
Not 100% by avoiding the group you are free from guilt from the items stolen whilst they sleep, even with one on guard I'm sure a missing spoon will set forth your cannabalistic nature.
>>
How big of a gun do I need to kill a skinwalker?
>>
>>18013609
Absolutely NOPE
>>
>>18014582
7.62x51
If you dump a magazine of it into something and it doesn't die then call it a day, it can't be killed.
>>
>>18014570
Explain the hermit then. Humans are social creatures and in social situations, a group works best. But it a survival situation, a group has more cons than it does pros. Its just funny how despite that, a group is a counter to a lone survivor.
>>
>>18015467
I mean a human isn't a born survivor. It has no fur or natural defenses to speak of really, apart from its clever brain which still needs social programming to be useful for much. A lone human might survive very well, but only because they were well prepared and trained to survive by the group they emerged from. Even feral human children depend on groups of animals to mimic.
>>
>>18013093
link to the /pol/ thread?

In summary: Skinwalkers are evil witchcraft-practitioners in Native American lore, who wear in wearing the skins of animals assume their shape. They're considered to be extremely evil and unsafe to talk about.

Traditionally they're said to pick a victim and stalk them, possibly killing them. Not in any fantastical hollywood way, rather just blowing a poison powder in their face, or cursing them with black magic stuff (all you need is a strand of someone's hair to place a curse on them, as the native americans see it).

The fact that there is a modern respect for such an outlandish sounding entity makes it especially intriguing for people who are into the paranormal but bored of shit like bigfoot. There are ample anecdotes, which grow increasingly dubious with the popularity of the entity.

Personally I like to think I know a few of the tells of a real skinwalker account but I ain't gonna say them lest it empowers the creepypastas
>>
>>18013712
lol you know the Wendigo was popular/mainstream before the Skinwalker, right? You're not being a very good hipster right now

>Eating human brains can transmit Kuru.
No. Kuru is specific to Papau New Guinea ethnic groups, part of what made it so interesting in the first place. It's not something that just happens to you when you eat brains of people with Kuru.

But it does provide precedence of madness from cannibalism, yes.
>>
>>18014121
I'm just being a /k/ snob. If you can make it work, then that's all that matters.
>>
>>18015713
oh and the reason why the Skinwalker has more legitimacy is because modern Native Americans are wary of it to the point of not wanting to speak of them at all, which begs the question as to how such a superstition could be kept alive to the point of spreading to the paranormal mainstream. These people aren't just scared of myths, they are specifically wary of the Skinwalker. Not of the Wendigo.
>>
>>18014570
Not in the least. Humans don't need groups, just as groups don't need humans. We have many strengths, but our greatest strength is undoubtedly our lack of specialization as a species.

We are capable of many things through the use of tools and critical thinking skills, it is only when many like-minded men of upright spirit come together that a group becomes more capable than an individual.
>>
File: dude.jpg (376KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
376KB, 1920x1040px
>>18015734
>Humans don't need groups
>>
>>18013275
>Gun nuts
Rude
>>
I've been a hunter for about 6 years. Leaving my guns this fall and going bow hunting. Supposedly bow hunters disappear more. Kinda scared desu

Would a 357 stop a skinwalker?
>>
File: lechuza.jpg (36KB, 700x531px) Image search: [Google]
lechuza.jpg
36KB, 700x531px
>>18015722
That doesn't mean shit. Mexicans are superstitious as fuck, to the point where my grandmother would tell me what to do if I ever saw an owl because in Mexican superstition owls are just witches transformed into their animal form. Does this mean female practitioners of magic in the form of owls fly above the skies of Mexico? Nope. A lot of Mexicans also believe women should stay indoors during eclipses or the fetus will become deformed. They're just a superstitious people and have passed down the stories of skin walkers onto their kids which makes sense, your kid going out in the desert in the middle of the night could kill em.
>>
>>18015813
I think you missed the point.

You're talking about Mexican superstition through Oral Tradition, literally Grandma's Tales.

I'm talking about how most Native Americans who believe in them straight up refuse to talk about Skinwalkers. It's not an oral tradition.

Your argument is basically that superstition exists, which was never something that I contested. Native Americans still have a variety of invalid superstitions no doubt, I'm saying the Skinwalker thing is something a little different. Even if it is just a superstition it's a unique superstition.
>>
>>18013240

Okay I don't normally play into dumb /x/ shit but the part about blood and the air sent chills down my spine.

>mom's driving us out to Borrego Springs in the desert to visit family
>we're driving through this craggy part of the desert on the highway
>everything suddenly smells metallic like blood
>"mom why does it smell like blood?"
>really awful feeling of dread
>she just keeps driving silently until it eventually passes

whew lads, native shit is insane
>>
>>18015734
see>>18015606
The individual is nothing outside of the context of society but a shallow metaphor. This is an indisputable fact.
>>
>>18015894
Mexicans don't like talking about witches either cause it's likely to bring them about.
La Llorona is a unique Mexican superstition that people swear is real to the point that you get cops going on national television swearing the saw her. Doesn't make her real, same shit with skinwalkers. It doesn't matter how scared they are of them of how they talk about them, it doesn't mean shit. Just another story that was passed down and stuck around, do you also think crushed up rhino horn makes you into a sexual god and superman? I mean people believe that shit and still practice it and even break the law to do it. It must be real because they believe it but don't like talking about it.
This is /x/ and we have to RP that we're retarded but don't try and make that shit sound valid.
>>
>>18013412
it wouldn't have consistent effects

different people have entirely different trips from LSD
>>
File: OP as fugg.gif (483KB, 450x236px) Image search: [Google]
OP as fugg.gif
483KB, 450x236px
>>18015802

>Not carrying a few explosive tipped arrows

Its like you want to die out there.
>>
>>18013778
lol you're not going to encounter a skinwalker

I've been camping for years and have never experienced anything paranormal except for once, and that was closer to a ghost thing than anything. Not an overt threat.
>>
>>18016121
>Mexicans don't like talking about witches
Brujas or Curanderas?
They do exist in the sense in which the validity of witchcraft is irrelevant, there are those out there who believe in it and attempt to practice it.

I think there's merit to La Llorona, desu. Just another ghost.

>we have to RP that we're retarded but don't try and make that shit sound valid.
You can dismiss every anecdote you don't believe as RP as you want but it's not a very impressive argument.

Obviously I have people in my life who carry some of the aforementioned... Superstitions... They're pretty rational, and it didn't come from being told to carry them, it came from personal experiences.
>>
File: 1447174524556.png (734KB, 1024x2429px) Image search: [Google]
1447174524556.png
734KB, 1024x2429px
>>
>>18016165
>Fleshgaits
Seems a bit tainted by creepypastas based on Skinwalkers.
There are stories about people being mimicked without being killed or skinned.
>>
>>18016192
>There are stories about people being mimicked without being killed or skinned.

you read all three of those right?
>>
>>18016198
Yep, you're implying it was Goatman.
>>
>>18016207
What did you mean by tainted by creepypasta based on skinwalkers?
>>
>>18013093
>So far all I know is that they live in cold regions past the American Canadian border, and are in some states like Maine.
>So far all I know isn't very true.
Skinwalkers are all through america.
>>
>>18013275
>gun nuts that live in fucking doomsday bunkers
>they actively wish for a home invasion
Found the liberal
>>
File: 1355253825154.gif (382KB, 188x118px) Image search: [Google]
1355253825154.gif
382KB, 188x118px
>>18016149
Nigger this is the fucking Colorado Rockies those spookers will fucking get you man
>>
>>18013318
I think you're talking about goatmen, and not skinwalkers. Skinwalkers are Native Americans using rituals to become sentient animals or some shit like that. Skinwalkers are intelligent and fuck with you, Goatmen want to take your skin and become you, and do so by luring you in the woods with your best friend's voice.
>>
Wait wait are these fuckers still around? Ha, wow. I did not expect that.

Hey, if any of you ever run into one of them, into a skinwalker, can you do me a favor? If you get the chance, let them know Sen is looking for one of them, and wants to talk. If nothing else, it should give you a few moments to get away.
>>
Its a fucking navajo myth why would they be around maine
>>
>>18018222
Because it's fake and people have taken it to RP
>>
>>18013778
Before they leave tell them "forget this number" and give them a number. If they dont remember theyre skinwalkers. It works 10/10 times, thats how my grandpa was made to remember his number in the marines, which he still does over 40 years later
>>
>>18018267
Its not fake

t. Edward M Skinwalker
>>
>>18016250
Found the culturally indoctrinated pawn who does not know the true enemy
>>
>>18015894
I actually found most of the Native American/First Nations spiritual beliefs significantly more plausible than those in the west. They generally remind me a lot of Hinduism and the Tao, except all the references to animals and the like are relevant to pre-modern North America.

Still a load of horsehit, no doubt, but one I'm less apt to lampoon than those born of Abraham.
>>
>>18016165
>goatmen confirmed for just wanting senpai to notice them
>>
>>18013251
thats pretty man
>>
>>18013672
Where's the entire second post?

>>18013551 this one
>>
>People scared of Skinwalkers.

Nigga, I live in britbong land, Literally Yorkshire. I have seen 3 Barghest sightnings.

At least Skinwalkers have motive and ways to avoid them.

Barghest is literally

>I'm a fucking Fey Hound
>You're fucking doomed
>>
>>18021146

Any copy pasta storys about that?
>>
>>18021146
Tell about your sightings
>>
>>18021146
I live literally where Black Shuck was first seen.
Almost to the exact road.
>>
>>18021171
>>18021181

Fair enough.

1st encounter with the Barghest.

>About 17
>Live right next to a small wood, pretty cozy, about a quarter mile thick and 5 miles long
>Bunch of cow fields between my housing estate and the woodlands, all up hill
>Woods break out into sheer cliffs, above the cliffs Ilkley Moor, a big expanse of nothing.
>Walking home from work, so I walk along a road that stretched out on the moor
>Moor has fairy circles, rocks in circles that have been there for centuries.
>Path leads me by the cliffs, I can look right down into the woodland because it just peeks under the treeline
>Woodland isn't very dense, you can go deer spotting with ease on an evening, I've even seen a young stag
>Spot this large black shape through the evening twilight
>It's a dog, slinking through the trees, think somebody is out walking their dog
>They're not, as the shape comes into focus, I notice the thing is fucking huge, more like a bear, and it's forelegs are huge making it like a bulldog in shape but much bigger.
>I drop down into the woods, following a path that gets me hope quicker and in the opposite direction of whatever the fuck it is, I start bolting down a steep downhill path
>The thing must have noticed me because it starts fucking careening for me and making this fucking pantstaining noise
>If it was growling or anything, I'd expect just an escaped animal, but this thing was barreling towards me making the most ungodly metallic sounds, like metal thrashing against metal
>I just loose all sense of thought and rush as fast as I can down this narrow hilly path, the air feeling like fucking fire and tasting copper on my tongue.
>As I clear about halfway down the track, the screeching metal sounds stop, I don't I keep running
>I reach a crossways of the path, and the Barghest is already there. Barring my pathway further down the hill.
>NOPE.gif

Cont.
>>
>>18021251
MORE
>>
>>18021251
>I don't skip a beat in running, I dash down the other way that leads into the woods again and try and cut down there.
>The screeching is following me, louder and louder like I am being chased by a car wreck.
>Every time I look in my peripheral vision, I see the black mass closing in.
>I literally do a 180 in the air, as seeing the jaw outline of the dog on my left made me think it was going to pounce, Expect to see this unholy monster dog barrel past sounding like a train from hell
>NOPE, it's gone
>I don't let up, out of all breath I weakly keep running, as soon as I get on a path the screeching returns and I feel something brush my neck ever so lightly, causing me to jump out of my skin and bolt as far forward as I could
>That's all I did now, Forward, Forward keeps it out of my peripheral vision and makes the noise quieter.
>This just drives me further into the woods until I just start barreling south, knowing I will eventually fall out of the woods.
>Still on my tail, I crash through holly bushes and stining nettles, I just want to get out
>Splash my way into the deep rock stream that flows through the woods.
>No more twisted metallic sounds, no more shadows on the edge of my vision and no more wet breath on my neck
>I clamber up the bank of the stream and look back
>There it was, no less that 5 meters from me.
>This huge blank mass, like a dog, but shaggy and with claws like a bear. Most people think "Wolf-like" when they think Barghest because it's supposed to be an evil dog.
>This thing looked like a very brave doberman got it on with a grizzly bear
>And it's eyes were like burning coals
>Looking straight through me like I shat in it's oatmeal
>It slowly backed away from the shore as I fucking bolted through the fields and back home

I checked the internet and Barghests apparently cannot cross water.

They're also portents of doom and have a habit of returning. That's why I had two other encounters. though one was very smalltime.
>>
>>18021271

The sound it made was like this on crack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88GS99SkSU

And was constantly about 5 meters behind me if I judged the sound properly thought it would close distances so much it was like it was right behind me

It made very little sound besides the metallic ringing/screeching.

Every time it would "Vanish" the sound would cut dead like it was giving me a repreive, only to appear again in front of me.

The biggest feeling I when I ever encountered it was how it was herding me somewhere or it was hunting me. Every time I would get a little hesitant it would be on me. I didn't even think it would kill me really, but there was some deep instinctual fear that caused me to simply not stop running.
>>
>>18013251
Thats fake as fuck
>>
>>18013637
This.

I tell everyone I know that I hate nature (legit) and the idea of camping because of bugs and wild animals and not being able to shit in a toilet. That's partiall true.

My biggest fear concerning camping/general innawoods is encountering a skinwalker.
>>
File: not easy prey.jpg (493KB, 1239x1980px) Image search: [Google]
not easy prey.jpg
493KB, 1239x1980px
>>18021120
I got you anon
>>
>>18016121
Why are you here.
>>
>>18017867
No. They're not. Skinwalkers are not Native Americans using magic, thats made up bullshit.

Skinwalkers are completely different from NA ritualistic nonsense (which no modern day NA even does).

Goatmen don't exist. People just try to correct the record by seperating skinwalkers from Goatmen, when they're really the same two things.

Skinwalkers are not human, have never been human and never will be human.
>>
>>18021421
>Skinwalkers are not Native Americans using magic, thats made up bullshit.

Like the vast majority of /x/spurts, you're a totally ignorant moron pretending to a knowledge that you don't possess.

http://www.navajolegends.org/navajo-skinwalker-legend/

I suppose that now you're going to tell us that the Navajos have their own legends wrong?!
>>
>>18021227
Really? As in the first recorded sighting back in 1127?
>>
>>18021421

Yeah, I'm with >>18021941 on this one. Skinwalkers are pretty fucking Native American.
>>
>>18013275
/K/ommando here, can verify.
>>
>>18013217
More about dat spoop sheep. Like, are there any more details?
>>
>>18021227
That dog don't give a fuck!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I'm pretty sure skinwalkers are just bullshit, considering the only people who see them are goddamn potheads. Seriously, every fucking story, some idiot gets high, then hallucinates when a deer or something wanders too close.
>>
File: 1234761476.png (231KB, 338x302px) Image search: [Google]
1234761476.png
231KB, 338x302px
>>18018325
>>
>>18013622
What if you went back and tried to communicate? It didn't try to kill you, it just tracked you, and at the end it waved. Maybe it's got some stories of its own to share
>>
>>18013622
>encounter a clone of yourself
>don't try to fuck it
Where's your sense of adventure?
>>
File: 1471256005511.jpg (673KB, 1198x4896px) Image search: [Google]
1471256005511.jpg
673KB, 1198x4896px
>>18013318
Look at this
>>
File: 1425134528433.jpg (149KB, 952x629px) Image search: [Google]
1425134528433.jpg
149KB, 952x629px
>>18021146
>>18021251
>>18021271
>>18021282
mate how do I find it? Give me the location. I want to go monster hunting. I'm a britbong as well so won't take long to get there.
>>
File: 1449094846372.png (961KB, 553x901px) Image search: [Google]
1449094846372.png
961KB, 553x901px
>>18021340
>skinny white dude takes the appearance of your friends and does shit in the bushes
it's fine guise
>Huge thing says okay
THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT RIGHT THERE
>>
>>18021271
Very cool story. I was reading up on these dog sightings a few weeks ago. What about the other encounters?
As for them being portents of doom, was there every anything that seemed to confirm this?
>>
>>18027167
Damn. I wonder if you even fucking read shit before you post dude, or if you're just having a laugh.
>>
>>18028894
The Skinwalker not only understanding English, but being able to write it strains plausibility.
>>
>>18021421
>Native American folklore going back hundreds of years is bullshit
>Internet meme monster that started showing up in stories this decade is totally real
Okay.
>>
>>18013093
You are thinking of wendigo, skinwalkers are Navajo and thus located more in the southwestern US.
Wendigo are basically demon possessed corpse that hunger for human flesh.
Skinwalkers are evil shamans.
>>
File: marek-madej-leshen-by-marekmadej.jpg (271KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
marek-madej-leshen-by-marekmadej.jpg
271KB, 776x1200px
>>18030435
when skinwalkers take your friends appearance it can understand english and speak it perfectly to try and trick you away
I guess because the thing is huge and with seemingly no ability to speak it's hard to believe but it makes me think of a leshen being more ancient spirit/guardian than predatory beast
So the thing's capability to communicate makes kind of sense
>>
>>18027167
>hallucinates
>from pot
Damn, son. Pot must be strong in your locale.
>>
>>18030588
They are pretty cool. Leshens are not assholes like wendigo/skinwalkers. I mean, in Eastern European folklore they are usually just guardians of the forests and as long as you behave, they will leave you alone.
>>
Alright, first of all I'm Dutch and here is my story, so i'm sorry about any grammar and spelling errors.

>Be me a Dutchfag, 25 years old.
>Used to race cars and had to race at Circuit Assen.
>As my mom is a photographer and wanted to make photo's of me racing we decided to stay at a holidaypark/campsite in a small town called Wateren as we live on the other side of the country.
>So we packed and went to Wateren, me, my mom and our dog.
>First we did when we got there is take a walk throigh the Drents Friese Wold.
>This is a forest.
>During this time it had snowed prior and the snow had melted and then frozen again. So it was a bit watery/icey.
>As we went deeper into the woods i remember making a remark about animal tracks, deer tracks to be exact.
>But these tracks where bigger then the ones i usually found in the dunes near the coastaltown i lived.
>Anyway i thought nothing of it, and although never seeing a deer i never stood still it might be something else.
>Simply because no one ever mentioned cryptids or mythical beings in the Netherlands. We Dutch are to down to earth for these kind of things i think.
>Boy, was i wrong.
>I went to sleep early that night as i had a race coming up yhe next day.
>But i woke up around 00:45 in the morning to a weird feint sound far off in the distance.
>I can not really describe it other then hyena like but different.
>It sounded like a buck call being interrupted, the interuption made it sound like a hyena's "heh heh heh heh".
>Definatly weird, but i fell asleep again

Cont.
>>
>>18031002
Cont.
>So the race went crap and ended up 12th of 24 participants.
>we went home and i went innawoods with doggo.
>Usually doggo like to walk but this time she wanted to go back.
>I figured she just missed my mom and this being a new surroundong and all with cold frozen snow on her feet she wasnt in the mood for a walk.
>So we head back to our house.
>We went off the trail and had a good 30 min walk ahead of us when i noticed a foul smell.
>Smelled like someone who exercized without showering afterwards, but instead smearing himself with mud.
>Smelled really earthlike or naturelike but fouler like rotting plant matter in a stagnant pond.
>Again i thought it actually was a pond or puddle so payed no attention to it.
>Almost immedeatly after smelling it it started snowing.
>Made it hard to see more then 50m.
>Doggo starts pulling on the leash more and more, so i look back.
>I can just see the outline of buckantlers.
>Scared that it might attack i started walking faster.
>Doggo gets even more scared and starts panting and pulling on the leash more.
>When we get to the entrance of the park where were staying i look back
>I can still see a outline of the antlers if a squint my eyes and do my best to focus.
>Think nothing of it and tell myself it was a deer that i have heard last night.

Cont.
>>
>>18031051
Go ahead
>>
>>18028716
North leeds is your best bet for Barghest sightings, I was in Bingley though.
>>
>>18030347
Second encounter was me seeing it powl about the forest line one night when I just left the forest.

Second one is a doozy, I'll write it out if you want. sort of links into the portents of doom and I guess skinwalkers.
>>
>>18031051
>So i decided fuck it, im going to look for that deer.
>Maybe its hurt and has a noose or something aroind its neck that started to get infected.
>Might explain the cackling and smell. Or so i thought.
>Brought my spyderco knife to cut it off if that was the case.
>Told mom i go for a jog and head out innawoods in the direction of the sound i heard.
>After walking in a snowy landscape only illuminated by the moon i noticed the smell again.
>I tried to be quit but the freahly fallen snow made it hard to cover the sound of my footsteps.
>made my way to some bushes and i see the deer in the distance.
>It was looking at me without moving with Black eyes and a dead stare.
>I notice something is off.
>the sides of his face, his cheecks looks like they had been ripped open to where the jaw is connected, he is drooling dark messy shit.
>It is a living thing as i see his breath in this cold weather.
>suddenly it reaises his head in the air and starts a cackling laughter.
>before i know whats going on this thing starts moving towards my direction.

Cont.
>>
>>18031109
Lurkin
>>
>>18031109
>I dont hesititate for a moment and start booking it.
>Now while running i hear its footsteps in the snow besides my own.
>At this point im shitting my pants.
>while running i notice something in the corner of my eye so i look.
>this thing is running besides me.
>i got a closer look now.
>its antlers are big, bigger than any deers i have seen, they also have leaves growing on them or stuck to it.
>the head is that of a deer, but like i said its cheecks are ripped open.
>the head has the shape of a deer skull but with a thin layer of skin on it.
> i also notice its front legs resembles hands.
>not humanlike hands but as if a bone was broken and sticking out of the skin. I couldnt see the other fingers.
>frontlegs where also muscular.
>i finally make it to the entrance of the park somehow, it was easy to find as it was the only light in the darkness.
>when i cross the barrier i look back and see the fucker stand up on his hind legs all of a sudden.
>it cackles one last time while walking a short distance on his hind legs.
>it walked like a toddles with a hunchbavk who just shit his pants.
>it walks a short distamce before dropping on al four and running away.
>i went to our house.
>my mom tokd me she heared something, i reassured her it was nothing and went to bed. I didnt sleep that night.
>went home the day after.

Never told anyone,because the dutch are dense minded dumb fucks who dont believe anything,so i kept my mouth shut.

If any fellow dutchfags decide to go look for it, please look for my spyderco knife i have lost it when i ran back i think. I want it back so if you find it, please post it here.
>>
>>18031138
Sorry for the typos first message got deleted after trying to post it but it was to long so i had to retype it. I hate my phone.

Anyway to scared to go there again.
>>
>>18031138
>>18031109

Sounds like you just got spooked by a Fey Spirit bro.

They're mostly harmless.
>>
>>18031093
Please do.
>>
>>18031148
Notice the similarity in this story and the guy talking about the Barghest. It was as if this deer demon/skinwalker thing was "herding" him out of the woods.
>>
File: Good Skinwalker Story.png (410KB, 1504x2251px) Image search: [Google]
Good Skinwalker Story.png
410KB, 1504x2251px
>>18021403
Final story.
>>
>>18031138
Well shit son. I live in drenthe. Woods are best place to publicly drink., never seen anything special tho. Netherlands doesn't really have any large woods/forest to contain weird shit.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.