[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (37KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 220x305px
>be a john doe
>goes to room
>sleeps on bed
>5 min later
>mind awake
>body unable to move
>sees black figure in front

Just hallucinations right /x/philes?
>>
Yeah, its more common than people think. Just chemicals sticking around when they shouldn't. One of the body's weird glitches
>>
>>18012372
Then why do people consider it "paranormal"?
>>
>>18012376
Cause some think the shadows are demons ect

i've had this before but i've never seen shadow

weird.
>>
>>18012380
Hmm i see, thanks
>>
>>18012366
There's a documentary on netflix about it. Pretty good. I've had sleep paralysis since I was 13. I am 28 now. I have some pretty intense stories and experiences. I believe that it is more than just a chemical reaction, but that is just my opininion. I feel that sometimes it has been a good entity and sometimes not.
>>
>>18012366
Same guy. If anyone wants stories about it, I can greentext them. I recently did a tarot reading about it also, that was interesting.
>>
>>18012376

I never saw anything, but when I've SP it feels as something, an evil thing, wants to hurt me.
>>
The only people who think it's paranormal are some of the crazier Christians out there. I swear, I read one page saying that SP was Satanists astral projecting demonic thoughts into other people's brains.
>>
>>18012372
>>18012380
>>18012376
If it's just silly shit like you say then please tell me how every few months a shadow demon anally rapes me. It's rather traumatic
>>
>>18012366
Totally normal and nothing to worry about. Unless your mind is in this altered state which can perceive the evil spirits from another dimension, then you're fucked. Remember to breathe. If darky lets you.
>>
If it's chemicals in the brain can someone please explain why lots of people experience the same shadowy figure?

OP's picture for example. The figure is clearly wearing some sort of top hat. I've seen the same figure twice. One time it was speaking to me in my mums voice.
>>
>>18012555
i hope trips are lying right now
>>
I get that, mostly during the midweek after I've done drugs on the weekend though, i guess its my brain shortcircuting
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 1024x768px
Thou beleeuest that there is one God, thou doest well: the deuils also beleeue, and tremble.
>>
>>18012376
>be in a dream
>not know you're in a dream
>weird shit happening that you can't explain
>feels really intense

Man, that seemed a little out of the ordinary; perhaps even paranormal?
>>
I've experienced SP, on and off for several years now. My last experience was maybe 1-2 months ago.

I work night shift at a hotel, and recently have heard from a few guests, they don't know each other, but some guests are having similar experiences. A few called it Sleep paralysis, a few call the room haunted. I haven't gone in there myself. But one guest said he saw an old man in the room. I guess he saw him at the edge of the bed and then felt/saw the old man sitting on him.
>>
>>18014032
Sorry forgot to mention all in the same room
>>
>>18012583
We all have the same brain so same chemicals. I believe in collective consciousness and think hatman appears frequently because it is a prominent archetype ingrained in humanity's psyche
>>
Iv'e experinced drug enduced sleep paralysis countless times over the past few years. It usually happens if i haven't used that day, but i've never seen anything spoopy like shadows and such. Iv'e found that it goes away if i breath very heavilly. I nevery get used to it though, it just feels so wrong.
>>
>>18012366
everything about the hallucinations are completely fake but they'er still extremely scary
>>
>>18014033
Sleep paralysis would happen to me and 2 of my brothers in our grandmas basement.

We lived with her for 8 years after our grandpa died. Never happened to me outside that room, also wouldn't happen if i kept the bathroom door shut.

I know it sounds fucked, but there were some long stretches where I wouldn't be able to sleep between 2AM and 4AM unless I got shitfaced beforehand.

Same went for my brothers.
>>
File: Steatopygia.jpg (12KB, 150x344px) Image search: [Google]
Steatopygia.jpg
12KB, 150x344px
>>18012594
I really wish I were....
>>
>>18012366
I had this since I was a kid,
When it's happening just remain yourself to stay calm and go back to sleep.

nothing paranormal about it.
>>
yeah, no. i believe to be more than "hey, it's just a glitch bro", but that's me

my most recent attack involved a dual layered dream, where upon coming out of the second layer i just straight up heard the most sinister, deep, distorted voice ever. it sounded demonic as fuck and i didn't even see the fucker this time, but i know for certain he was in the room with me

i haven't slept in my bedroom for the past two days. something about it makes me uncomfortable (i'm sure the attacks help with that). the darkness is too thick
>>
>>18012366
Yes and knowing beforehand that thats all it is helps a lot

I've had the full blown old lady tucking me in before when I was extremely sleep deprived

I usually just wiggle a limb if it gets too real
>>
until you experience the shadow/black people you will never understand whys peoples "nightmares" are considered paranormal
>>
Has anyone else had sleep paralysis where it looks like what most people describe, but you aren't paralysed so you and jump out of bed and start chasing the shadow people though your house.
By the time you get halfway to your kitchen the foggyness wears off and you're like "wtf am i doing" and head back to bed feeling like an idiot.
>>
>>18012366
I used to think it was purely psychological, however i think now that there may be some type of spiritual connotations associated with it
>>
>>18014070
Hmmm maybe stop using???
>>
I don't think it's paranormal but when I had sleep paralysis last time, i felt something wrap around my neck and body choking me and trying to drag me out of bed. It was spoopy at the time and i was freaking out but I still dont think it is paranormal shit.
>>
>>18018523

Yes, but it's always bugs with me. I start attacking bugs.
>>
I've never seen a shadow person
>but I've felt one

>be me
>wake up
>can't move
>don't really want to
>haven't realized it's sleep paralysis because I've never experienced it prior
>feel something grab my leg
>HARD
>freak the fuck out because I'm still half asleep
>stare down at leg, thinking my little brother grabbed it while I was sleeping or it was my cat
>just see blanket
>what the fuck just grabbed my leg
>finally get up like 5 minutes earlier
>never experienced sleep paralysis since
>>
>>18019533
>felt like I was grabbed right around the ankle, scared because I couldn't move but really wanted to after I felt a spooky skeleton grope my sexy boyish legs
>>
>>18019007
Yeah, ive woken up and seen like a big black spider jump off the wall onto me, so i jump out of bed pat myself down and rip the sheets off.

Only to realize theres nothing there, then trying to get back to sleep with my heart beating a jackhammer.
>>
>>18018961
Are you fucing retarded?
>>
>>18020001
me 2! thought i was the only one
>>
Why dont yall just close your eyes like what the fuck lol
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.