[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Human condition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1470150239689.jpg (119KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
1470150239689.jpg
119KB, 1024x752px
There are hundreds of religions that many millions of people follow. Each one of those people believe that their religion is the correct one. Some even have 'proof' that theirs is real. How does one define the concept of reality when almost everyone has a different theory on why we are here in this life and what our purpose is. How does one define good and evil when people have put labels on these things that have meaning when millions will say an evil thing is good and a million more will say that good is evil. How does one identify the real truth.

If you look at the moon everyone calls it a planet so then it's a planet.

If you look at an apple everyone says it's an apple so it must be an apple right?

No one has physically seen God, Baal, Satan, Buddha etc.. So then does that make them real or imaginary illusions we have adopted to find meaning in a life we have yet to completely understand?

Discuss?
>>
The moon is the moon not technically a planet BUT I do see your point And I find it perplexing yet very thought provoking.
>>
File: 1467719211936.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467719211936.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>18010673
not really, half of it is bitching about semantics and the other half is "whats self awareness hurrr"
>>
>>18010665
Many people have incorrect or mistaken beliefs, and differing opinions. That has nothing to do with the abstract concept of reality. Reality and a purpose behind existence are two entirely different things. Good and evil as moral constructs only have objective meaning if derived from a supreme authority.
Empirical facts are true, they can be substantiated.

Stop trying to be deep. You're the shallow end of a kiddie pool.
>>
>>18010678
>Empirical facts are true
I think that's going a bit too far considering that the brain itself can't be trusted to provide "true" information. But yes words would lose their purpose if people couldn't agree on their meaning.
>>
>>18010665
Reality is personal and subjective to each individual,truth depends on how wide and deep you're perspective is.
>>
>>18010695

OP here, if one were to have a very deep perspective or open mindedness, how would one find the 'real' truth as to the why of existence on earth for humans.
>>
The outside physical world that you watch could all be illusion. None of it could exist, and this could all be just one elaborate dream. How would you know?

If your memories were replaced with something that convinces you that you are someone else or lived a different life. Would you be able to tell?

You give so much value to the reality of the world you see. It could be anything at all. You can't be sure about any of it.

Instead, look at your very own consciousness. What is that?

What is it that looks through your eyes, moves in your body, lives your life?

What is your self?

Because the world can be anything, but what will never change, what will never leave you is yourself. It is the only place where you can ever hope to find truth.
>>
>>18010704
Go to youtube,and look up TOM Cambell,you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>18010709
There is no separation between an outside and inside world, there is only the world.

Being an human means being an construct in an super giant and super complex sandbox game of physics and chemistry.

It creates an reality and a mind, but it's all part of the system. Like a lego toy, when it breaks, it all returns to the system again.
>>
>>18010665
lol retard buddha isnt a "god" or some shit like that. anyone can become buddha it means an actual person reaching the state of a god, being one with everything instead of an individual apart.
>>
I'm terrified of choosing the wrong truths, and being punished for it.
>>
>>18010729
>There is no separation between an outside and inside world, there is only the world.
Never said there was. I'm just saying that the world can take on any form it wishes and none would be the wiser.

>Being an human means being an construct in an super giant and super complex sandbox game of physics and chemistry.

Or so it appears.

Studying the world and its many forms is like studying the patterns of an infinitely changing kaleidoscope.

You could spend a lot of time looking at all that, or you could go directly to its source which is your self.
>>
>>18010752
There is no wrong way to choose, there is only Choice and what you make of it. There is no punishment from what you choose. Merely by making a choice it is Right if you follow it through to the end. Those that try to tell you your choice is wrong should not be listened to.
>>
>>18010665
I don't think that the core values of any of the religions differ as much as it might appear. They are philosophies wrapped in local culture, and when the culture is alien to you, the philosophy appears alien, once you understand the culture from whence it came the philosophy becomes more obvious and you see that both religions are local efforts to describe the same thing.
The problem is that reality cannot be accurately described. Reality is reality, it cannot be compressed or condensed into another form which is more easily digestible ie described with words. Obviously it can be described, but not accurately, something is always lost. The core teachings of all the religions are attempts to describe reality and they have all lost different bits while trying to describe the same thing.

Reality/ nature itself is the objective truth and we cannot hope to know or understand it. All one can do is hope to build a subjective, necessarily incomplete picture of truth which helps one to live, and to enjoy their life.

There is no objective, true, correct 'way' so stop looking for it. Instead build your own way which helps you to enjoy your life.

Take that which is useful, Reject that which is not, Add that which is essentially your own.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.