[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intelligent Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: h.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
There will never be some kind of alien invsaion. Highly intelligent beings would easily destroy or kill all life on the planet if they wanted to.

If an aggressive alien race was able to get to earth, they must have the ability to travel at the speed of light, or more likely even faster.

If thats the case they wouldn't even need to come to earth themselves. They would just fire thousands of missiles through space at this speed at earth, boom, planets gone. Amirite?

And if they just wanted to kill us, they would be smart enough to design a chemical bomb that targets humans - fire it at faster than light speed towards earth - boom, were dead.

A malevolent highly intelligent species of alien surely doesn't exist.
>>
Why would you kill a planet, before learning everything you can from it.
>>
>>18009417
I think that you're making the mistake of attributing omniscience to these supposed aliens. The universe is so vast that even the most technologically advanced lifeforms couldn't be faulted for being ignorant of our existence.

If they exist they probably don't know that we exist. Or we are of little consequence to them so why even bother.
>>
>>18009417
A possibility exists we could be exploited as sport, similar to what we do to ourselves.
>>
>>18009417

>If an aggressive alien race was able to get to earth, they must have the ability to travel at the speed of light, or more likely even faster.
I never understood the idea that an alien race needs to do (x) arguments, such as travel at least fast as light.

Says who? Aliens may have virtually endless lifespans, and a complete different perception of time. Humans might live and die in the span of what would seem to be seconds by another race.

We often make the mistake that theoretical intelligent life, or any extraterrestrial life, for that matter, are bound by the same things that restrict earthlings.

>A malevolent highly intelligent species of alien surely doesn't exist.
Because they haven't come to earth? Do you have any idea how many stars, and thus systems, exist in this little corner of the galaxy alone? They could be not even that far away on a galactic scale, and never even spot Earth in their entire existence. But lets not forget how big the universe is. "Malevolent" (how ever you want to define that) highly intelligent species almost certainly do exist, just from a mathematical probabiliyu stand point, even if its only in a galaxy very far away.
>>
If there were aliens so developed I dont think they would be so stupid tojust randomly destroy a planet. We are not a threat to them. Maybe they would enslave us and see shit we discovered. I can only see them destroying us when they see our technology is getting close to theirs.
>>
For aliens to have tech advanced enough to reqch us they'd had to have given thier love and being to jesus christ and hence thusworth would love us.
>>
>>18009529
Go kill yourself faggot
>>
>>18009417
>fire a chemical bomb at ftl at earth

ya..you obviously have an extremely low level of intelligence and i would hope that if an intelligent species IS out there, that they do NOT communicate with you when they make contact.
>>
>>18009417
As this anon said >>18009485
Tvtropes has a trope for schizotech, and I'm so sorry if you end up looking that up and getting completely distracted.
To the point, the idea being that a tech advancement in one field is not tech advancements in all fields. It is entirely possible for a species to discover FTL travel without ever even discovering the recipe for steel. Maybe they didn't need it, maybe they don't have the chemicals native to their planet for it. Maybe they managed to figure out how to cheaply mass produce carbon fiber first.
Basically, FTL travel does not mean they have OMG super-nukes.
>>
>>18009564
Shit like a dump truck accelerated to like 20,000mph would be enough to probably kill most life on earth.

I forget exactly but there's a city that's built on a crater that's so fucking huge .
I think the asteroid that hit exploded trillions of tons of earth like 7 miles deep.
>>
>>18009599
Yes it does. See>>18009600
Think outside the box. I accelerate my ship, point it at your face. During the slowdown, I chuck a soda out the window at you and my soda collides with earth at 2/17ths light speed and the planet ends

You know we are currently trying to purposely land on an asteroid and a team already did land for shits znd giggles on an asteroid with their satellite

Its just a matter of passing one of the asteroids with sails or something and we could literally destroy or whole planet right now with fucking fans
>>
>>18009610
Well yeah, that. But, I was talking more in line with bombs and super viri other posters were talking about.
>>
>>18009599
they don't need super nukes. ever seen starship troopers?the aliens in that just slung rocks at earth. a ftl capable race would only have to send something bigger than a toaster at FTL speeds and they'd fuck us up
>>
What if all aliens are aspies?

More honest, trusting, obidient, organized, logical, and such.

They stick together in flocks.
>>
>>18009635
I have really come to hate them. They are evil negative angry miserable creatures.
>>
File: john117.jpg (41KB, 740x592px)
john117.jpg
41KB, 740x592px
>>18009417

If it makes you feel any better, Elon Musk thinks that there is a high probability that this could all the the prequel to an alien invasion in a video game; so don't lose hope yet!.

But then, I guess all bets are off if that's considerate a legitimate scientific scenario.
>>
If an alien species is advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel or create vessels that can move faster than the speed of light they probably will have advanced beyond the point of senseless violence. To reach such a level of technology they most likely will have had to stop having wars amongst themselves. For example, humans can travel faster than sound. What do we do with that technology? Give up on super sonic commercial travel and develop war planes to bomb the living shit out of each other
>>
>>18009654
I'm a diagnosed aspie, and you're mostly right.

Aspies wouldn't stick together. We are incredibly anti-social. When we are around each other we're even worse. Maybe high-functioning autistics though. I haven't really spent much time around them, so I wouldn't know.
>>
> Says who? Aliens may have virtually endless lifespans, and a complete different perception of time. Humans might live and die in the span of what would seem to be seconds by another race.

This. You want to get to the stars - pursue immortality, not FTL.
>>
what if the first beings sent here were astronauts and not military? they'd be scientists and explorers interested in learning. maybe they'd be miners trying to get at the planetary resources.
>>
Nothing outside of our immediate vicinity knows we exist yet
If it were even capable of making the observations
The Earth and our solar system emerged early on into the life of the universe
Complex life on Earth emerged very rapidly as well
The odds of complex life emerging somewhere else, sooner, evolving faster, developing sentience, creating industry, developing technology akin to, and surpassing ours is infinitesimally small
Humans are likely the oldest intelligent life out there

Don't let facts and logic stop you from believing in Reptilians and Greys though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.