[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Qigong/asana/kundalini yoga thread So I've learned xingyiquan,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (43KB, 360x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 360x520px
Qigong/asana/kundalini yoga thread

So I've learned xingyiquan, taichi, and Baguazhang taught by Wang shujin and all the post standing exercises and I have discovered though my practice the manifestation of qi.

Qi isn't a cure all nor does it make you invulnerable, but the effects from proper qigong can't be understated. Learning how to manifest qi is pretty interesting.
>>
>>18003413
Who's that?
he looks like a guy who is hired to kill chinese mafia, very badass
>>
>>18003818
His name is Wang shujin. He's responsible for bringing the internal arts of China to Japan. It was said that he's never been defeated in a fight. He trained five hours a day.

He was a heavy proponent of chi, the internal power of the body. When you reach a certain level with qigong, strange things happen. You have the ability to push people far, restrain them easily. You have twice the endurance of a normal man, and can eat twice as much. You have a lot of energy.
>>
How do you get started with qigong?
>>
How does one manifest qi? How long does it take? What advantage will it give me over regular exercise
>>
so real talk i do martial arts and am interested in this. in particular this part:

>>18003935
>You have twice the endurance of a normal man, and can eat twice as much. You have a lot of energy.

then again this could be a meme, but i guess i'll know if i try, where do you advice me to go, or do you have any online resources to learn this art? I have some beginner exercices in a pdf
>>
>>18004044
Not OP, but I practice different styles of qigong. You can actually look stuff up on YT, find qigong texts online, and maybe even find a tai chi school locally (best if you find a teacher who can actually fight, and those are rare, meaning can do all the intrinsic power work and so on).

>>18004068
It's real all right. As real as your practice can make it. Chi work is the work of focused and mind-guided breathing, and it works physiological wonders. You can do so very much more when you practice breathing work, even doing simple pushups you can do so many more. Breath and relaxation and form. You can withstand much more damage, and get rid of force that enters your body. I've practiced for some years and it's a whole other level.
>>
>>18003935
Only five hours? Pfff.
>>
>>18004049
Regular exercise uses muscle tension and poor breathing. You become tense and tense and train yourself to be tense.

In qigong work, and you can do it in either external or internal work styles, you can for example in an external work style do pushups, but you train your mind upon your breath and pushing it to your center on the inhale and exhale, and work on staying relaxed and in form the whole time. You train to focus your breath into your move, and become one breathing thing that is concentrated on just breathing and relaxing. You can do much more. It's a huge topic....the better you do it, the more you can do with it. Practicex3.
>>
>>18004117
cont.
so instead of training to be tense and tired, you train yourself to be full of energy (from breath, oxygen, blood flowing, all physiological things at first, easily understandable) and to be relaxed. You increase life quality (relaxation, positivity, life force) while gaining greater control over your body (mind attached to breathing, filling out your body, greater awareness) and you can be much healthier and stave off the negative effects of aging and all the illnesses that come with poor blood circulation, loss of muscular strength with age, increased tendon strength and bone health and so on. Like I said, big topic.
>>
>>18004044
Start with post standing exercises. Find a good teacher because much like kundalini if you practice wrong or too much you can really damage your body.

>>18004049
Manifesting qi requires accessing the Dan tien basically the elixir of qi which the Chinese believe is the center or the universe. To do so certain tenets must be followed. You must sink down, hollow out your chest, relax your body, have your tongue at the roof of your mouth, breathe with your nose in breathe out with the mouth and learn one of the three internal Chinese arts.

It took me about a year and a half until I started to manifest qi, three to understand how, five to use.

You have tons of advantages over normal exercise. When you properly learn a qigong based martial art, your presence alone displaces people. Using internal energy gives strikes a different sensation, like comparing a club to a hammer. You constantly feel energy swirling around and your mind has a far deeper sense of clarity.

>>18004068
You have to find a teacher in one of the three which isn't too hard. As long as it is based in one of the big three and has a notable lineage you will learn qi.
>>
>>18004109
Easy to say when you do light exercise for an hour or two at gym.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 165x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 165x240px
>>18004128
This. Qigong does wonders for health. It really is a cure-all.
>>
>>18004138
Joke's on you, I don't exercise at all.
>>
>>18003413
Tai Chi is pretty useless as a martial art imo. Great as training though. I applied the ideas of tai chi to regular fighting. Possibly I just suck at the forms and flowyness. I'm more of a headbutt until unconscious kinda guy. Like the suicide bomber of bar fights.
>>
>>18004207
There are very few teachers who know how to actually do the work (intrinsic strength work, etc) that make it work as a martial art. Very few, so few that it's generally unrecognizable and unrecognized as a martial art.
>>
>>18004247
I only got into tai chi because I'm super into prison zen. Teacher was good enough. It was just more like a yoga class.
>>
>>18003413
OP or anyone, can you recommend any good online sources where I can find instructions and start myself up on this? Or does it require a teacher?
>>
>>18004283
You have to have a teacher. You can't learn it on your own.

>>18004207
Depends on the lineage and teacher. Chen style had a ton of guys who fight with it. It does take time to use, simply because the concept of yielding is something that needs to be practiced.
>>
Please dont let this thread die. Thank you OP, its hard to find this kind of threads without edgy teenagers trashtalking about marital arts. I've been training different martial arts for over 20 years and i am really interested in topics about ki, qi or prahna.
>>
>>18004283
Whereabouts in the world are you, might be able to recommend someone.
>>
>>18006397
No prob.

What martial arts do you practice?
>>
>>18006397
>marital arts

This isn't a kamasutra thread.
>>
File: received_10205920784212334.jpg (75KB, 871x959px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205920784212334.jpg
75KB, 871x959px
Jiu Jitsu fag here.. just happened to be the martial art I picked up due to the physical and mental difficulty.

I'm a work in progress myself as always, but I'm trying to learn to include qi gong breathing in all my daily activities, and not just meditation.

I find myself getting angry at work lately. I've observed myself being angry, amd thought about it.. when I am, I have lost all control of my breathing. After all isn't Qi Gong essentially an art in letting go, and letting things be as they are?

Good to see a thread on this
>>
>>18006397
>>18006583

Wouldn't that be called something else in some language?
>>
>>18003935
>eat twice as much
Shouldnt it be the opposite?
if theyre very healthy you need less food to stay alive since, like old Sages and doctors said, 99% of food is poison and will kill you slowly
>>
>>18006900
Cuck
>>
>>18006900
Yup. It would help you to have a teacher in taiji or one of the internals to learn calmness and yielding.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.