[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 19

File: lucid-dreaming-inception-totem.png (222KB, 575x387px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreaming-inception-totem.png
222KB, 575x387px
So I'm creating this thread to tackle on the specific subject of Lucid Dreams themselves, methods to get them and experiences within the dreamscape.

I know of the General ( >>>17948520 ) but LD doesn't seem popular there. Hopefully I'll find some other people actually interested and we can make a general specialiced on this incredible concept, that everyone seems to misunderstand as a gateway to spooky ghostie shit.

>Pre-emptive info dump:
Books about the concept:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming - basic guide, has everything you need to get started.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uaQwQj-Q8wMGZjM2EwOGUtYzc1Yy00NjUzLWE3ZDktMmU5NTQyMDU3OTJl/view?pref=2&pli=1 - Lucid Dreaming in 30 days - Guidebook for LD. An interesting read, more detailed than the wikibook.

Discuss, share you tecniques, experiences, all that stuff. People who have just learned about lucid dreams are free to ask anything.
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page35.jpg (171KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page35.jpg
171KB, 1224x1584px
Lucid Dreaming Section from Heakte Station Journal #2 ( pages 35 - 44 )

http://hekatestation.net/files/Book_2.PDF

( PASSWORD: Venus )

page 35
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page36.jpg (167KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page36.jpg
167KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003417
p36
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page37.jpg (182KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page37.jpg
182KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003420
p37
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page38.jpg (158KB, 1224x1584px)
Book_2jpg_Page38.jpg
158KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003425
p38
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page39.jpg (176KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page39.jpg
176KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003428
p39
>>
Sharing my own experiences.

I've been studying the concept of lucid dreams -and dreams themselves- for about six years, practicing to achieve them and doing various tests along the way. Here's all I've learned:

>A good way to achieve them is focusing on the idea for great ammounts of time.
Looking up info, thinking about it, talking about it. If you stick them into your mind for long enough, you start dreaming about the concept of lucid dreaming, making it easy as fuck to become actually lucid. I've had dreams where lucidness has been directly handed to me by a narrator, who tells me when I'm dreaming.

>You can read in your dreams
But only if you focus into the text itself. Whether it makes sense or not depends on you and your focus.

>Dreams can be used by brain to express things to you
There are two kinds of dreams, easily distinguishable. One, the random ones. They don't make sense and are all blurry most of the time.
The second kind are dreams who seem to be far better constructed and revolve around a particular subject, being often very nitid and detailed. These dreams seem to be based on desires, fears or big concerns you have.
They usually have a meaning, but nothing special. Usually something simple. You fear X to happen, you want X to happen, etc.
You can learn what the brain is currently thinking about, thanks to this.
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page40.jpg (202KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page40.jpg
202KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003433
p4O
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page41.jpg (205KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page41.jpg
205KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003437
p41
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page42.jpg (207KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Book_2jpg_Page42.jpg
207KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003444
p42
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page43.jpg (168KB, 1224x1584px)
Book_2jpg_Page43.jpg
168KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003445
p43
>>
File: Book_2jpg_Page44.jpg (158KB, 1224x1584px)
Book_2jpg_Page44.jpg
158KB, 1224x1584px
>>18003451
p44
>>
Do you feel pain and exhaustion during a lucid dream ?

I've been thinking about learning how to do it. Doing all the image training and shadow boxing in dreams so I can focus on sparring IRL.
>>
>>18003457
Can't remember having felt them ever, but I do have felt fear of being physically hurt.

Dreams seem to emulate everything you think of if you think about while inside the dream, so its entirely possible to feel pain, exhaustion, etc.
>>
>>18003463
Thanks, for the advice.

By the way, how much pain could you feel ? I mean if you experience a sensation that make you pass out in real life would you pass out from it in your dream ? I'm curious how far the braincan emulate reality.
>>
>>18003472
Normal dreams have stupid rules all over the place so it would be entirely random, but in a LD, you make the rules and the dream tends to follow them, so you would pass out of pain if you think that's how it should work.

So again, no idea, but in theory it would happen as you expect it to.
>>
File: z22.png (245KB, 704x486px) Image search: [Google]
z22.png
245KB, 704x486px
>>18003496
>Normal dreams have stupid rules all over the place
>>
>>18003507
Today I woke up from a three way sex scene with two gay, weirdly colored male dolphings, and earlier I dreamt that I was a supernatural doctor documenting weird species all around the world, and found a gelatine cilinder that flew squirting water.

Normal dreams have stupid rules I tell you.
>>
How is the best way to begin with LD?? The easiest way possible guys I would appreciate any advice
>>
>>18003560
Pd: I've do read the diary of the top of this thread but cant fully understand since its handwritten and Im not a native speaker
>>
>>18003560
>>18003569
Don't, it's spiritual demon bullshit.

Best way is to start reading the first link in the OP. Then browse the internet looking for info about LD, make sure to filter astral brainwashing shit.

Then get a journal and make an habit of, when you wake up every morning, write down anything you remember you have dreamt.

Also make sure to start doing as much reality checks as possible every day.
>>
>>18003560
>>18003569
>>18003603
Doing a lot LD related stuff is the best way to get to LD itself. Get your brain concerned and you'll LD in less than a month. A week perhaps
>>
File: file.png (155KB, 510x1382px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
155KB, 510x1382px
>>18003560
Try this.
>>
>>18003533
Were dolphins fun to have sex with?
>>
>>18003377
Is dreaming the only truly paranormal thing that we experience? (psychedelics included as a subset of dreaming)
>>
>>18003783
For the lazy sure. That and float tanks, I guess. Otherwise, it's only the tip of the iceberg.
>>
File: 1469898378637.png (1MB, 4000x3758px) Image search: [Google]
1469898378637.png
1MB, 4000x3758px
>>18003377
posting this because I think its relevant
>>
File: sandmAAan.jpg (79KB, 350x489px)
sandmAAan.jpg
79KB, 350x489px
>>
In my own experience, I've achieved lucidity through a few different methods. The most effective for me for the longest time was recognizing something familiar that only happened when dreaming and making sure that I associated that action with being in a dream. For me it was screaming; I noticed a while back that no matter how angry or frustrated I got in my dreams I could not actually scream. It always came out silent, so I began to recognize this and always knew that if I could not scream then I was dreaming.
Text in dreams tends to go all wonky too, so if you have a hard time reading something or the numbers on a clock look wrong then there's a good chance that you're dreaming!

I've also had success using the method where you wake up and stay awake for a few hours, then immediately go back to sleep. It starts you off right at REM most of the time so it's a little easier to slip into lucidity.

Recently I managed to use that method where you lay entirely still and focus on staying awake without moving. I woke up and jumped back into lucidity multiple times in an hour like this! Also my dreams were much more lifelike. This method is difficult because it requires you to stay awake until your body tries to twitch, but not allowing it to do so. This twitch is your brain sending a signal to your body to make sure that you're asleep before bringing you into sleep paralysis for a safe dreaming experience.

The only issue I always encounter seems to be actually manipulating the dreams. I have to be careful once I become lucid, because it seems the moment I try to change the scene or fly or think something into existence, it becomes unstable and I wake up. Kind of defeats the purpose of lucid dreaming, I'm hoping to find a way to fix that. Does anyone have suggestions for maintaining lucidity once it's been achieved? I've heard that spinning around slowly and clenching your fists will work, but the one time I tried that it caused me to wake up.
>>
>>18003776
They managed to sweat and them cum, and their reactions where too credible. It was.
>>
>>18003783
What's with people actively looking for paranormal stuff? Is the enormous complexity of world not enough for you? What do these ghosties have that everyone looks for them?

Do they give free blowjobs?
>>
File: pink_knight.png (153KB, 1638x1435px)
pink_knight.png
153KB, 1638x1435px
>>18005065
fuck off. image is for you
>>
>>18005072
Yeah, but you haven't answered my questions.
>>
>>18003377
Read Stephen LaBerge, its good source about LD without any X paranormal stuff, Detailed and very complex books.
>>
>>18005065
>what? discovering something unknown to the scientific knowledge humanity has? why that's just silly! why would you care about unknown forces? id rather study magnetism!
>>
File: sleeptight.jpg (52KB, 1200x695px)
sleeptight.jpg
52KB, 1200x695px
>>
>>18005448
Its not unknown to science. Its simply ignored.

We have avanced sufficiently -scientifically- to know what mysteries are worth chasing and what mysteries are not. Astral projection has been deemed one of the latter by the scientific community, while lucid dream is on the former side, for real reasons.

My main problem is not exploring unresearched fields, my problem is that ghostie stuff is always surrounded by strict rules and facts that come out of nowhere. You know, being a bad person in the astral plane gives you bad karma, you can visit dead people because I said so, etc. It's so evident that is a brainwashing tool to catch people who want "something more" and condition their mindset.

You're not discovering anything, everything you do to achieve astral stuff is because someone told you to, like the copypaste threads in this very board a week ago. You cannot experiment in the astral realm, as fas as I'm concerned. You can only get "there" and play by the astral rules someone else made up. Placebo does the rest.
>>
File: 1467929217557.jpg (370KB, 1280x1280px)
1467929217557.jpg
370KB, 1280x1280px
Just re-posting my technique anons:
http://www.dreamviews.com/attaining-lucidity/161494-pmild-prospective-memory-induced-lucid-dream-my-personal-technique.html
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
>>18003560
DILD all the way.
<- This guide should explain it quite well
>>
bumping, don't die!
>>
To LD all you need to do is obsess over it, and you'll have them. Its as simple as that. I had a phase I'd Lucid dream all the time but recently stopped having lucid dreams because stopped recording dreams / doing reality checks, but since I'm typing this out my subconcious will probably make me have one tonight because I just remembered it. Its happened before, gone months without lucid dreams, then see the words lucid dream and had one the same day,
>>
>>18007638
Yeah, its basically letting your brain know you want them. Once it gets the signals, you'll be handed control almost automatically when you dream.

Letting your dream know means keeping a dream journal and doing concerned reality checks all the time, though.
>>
I used to be able to lucid dream a lot

>any time I realize I'm dreaming I immediately start to control my dreams
>hand large amounts of cash to poor strangers
>they ask me why I'm doing this
>tell them "this has no use to me, since I'm only dreaming"
>a wave of horrific realization shows up on their face
"does that mean I die when you wake up?"

I'll never forget it.

Dreams are bizarre, I know that my memories when I dream and memories when I'm awake are entirely different. when I'm asleep, I have memories of past dreams. everything exists as sort of a parallel universe. I recognize people from my dreams who I have dreamt about 5 years ago, but now I'm awake I couldn't tell you who for the life of me. dreams are absolutely fascinating.
>>
I finally got my shotgun, but I still can't find Cthulhu's desert vacation resort... My damn wife rode the cop car into a wall at 200mph and respawned in a different place on the map.

Meanwhile I think I spawned pretty close to where I want to go (red desert's Cthulhu's house park resort clusterfuck) but the higher levels are bothering me, especially the banshees with their 5-skull curse technique or what the fuck it is.

Thanks transparent level 10 furry wolf firestorm guy for helping me out though!
>>
>>18007891
I'd say they "dissolve" when you wake up, rather than actually dissapear. Given they're a unique combination of memories, traces of your personality and some random thoughts picked at, well, random...

They'll reform again in the next dream.
>>
>>18007897
It all started out a few weeks ago when I astral projected somewhere on a grassy plains with my girlfriend.

We walked west till we hit a small out-of-use power central that had a bit of a daunting energy, mind you there was nothing living around thus far.

Walking a bit further west, the 'road' suddenly took a steep curve down and we were met by the strongest winds I ever felt.

Felt fucking good mang, to have an actual decent breeze on my face while trying to reach the end of the almost like crevice road, trying to not fall over or be swept with the gale.

As the road went uphill again I eyeballed what seemed to be a dozen humans, seemingly on vacation, playing some sort of hide and seek game with their families.

I sneakily sneaked past the humans along the wooden inside line of the sandbox, where I found some paper money and we then sprinted towards the huge valley of red sand, thankfully seen by none.
>>
>>18007897
>>18007939
The day after >>39 I had tremendous financial luck, which was oddly found in a garden store near a construction site with a lot of sand.

A bit of backstory about the red sand valley:

I often dreamt about going to a huge valley that eventually led to a desert with giant red mountains, inhabited by white elephants and other odd entities.

After the dream I described with the dozen of humans the animal-populated desert changed into a vacation resort for humans. The houses are all similar shaped with the top level window being an eyeball camera. Security patrol walks around in it's society and everyone lives a robot life. (wew lad where does that come from?!)

The interesting thing is though, I've been recently struck by an identity crisis (severe depersonalization) and since then I simply cannot find the place in question.

My dream always begin in my house, last night we took a trip to the local all you can eat, stole a cop car and the rest is previous post-bla-bla. But I can never find the damn place again.

It's marked on the dream map as 'Cthulhu'. And it never changes.
>>
>>18007612
Share your stories, tecniques, etc then.
>>
>>18008802
I already did, see >>18004610
I'm still hoping to hear of a suggestion for maintaining lucidity once it's achieved!
>>
>>18003560
Just be aware you are dreaming , then do whatever . It's simple really but it may just be the way my head works. I can think in my dream , I'm aware it's a dream , sometimes I just let the dream be a see where it takes me , good or bad , other times I just change the direction
>>
>>18008850
Rubbing hands seems to be a common way to maintaining focus, could help you keep the ludicity.
Do anything that requires the dream to keep adding details to the experience, so you keep it busy. Like looking at the time for example.
>>
Lucid dreaming is cheating. Much like the dark arts. I learned the hard way. Learn about the tower of babel. There is law
>>
>>18004610
So one point for WBTB.
>>
Tonight tried WILD, while I was approaching the Hypnagogic state, I found an imaginary man who punched me in my imaginary face.

The fucker surprised me and interrupted the whole process. Asshole
>>
Almost every dream I can remember I am at least semi-lucid. The semi-lucid thing is kind of intentional since over time I realized if I don't completely take over my dream things are more interesting. This resulted from just thinking about it a lot, as previously mentioned. I haven't really found anything paranormal in it though.

I have experienced real pain in a dream. It was during the kind of hangover sleep where you don't get any deep sleep are getting short bursts of rem sleep, so might have something to do with that. It was an extreme stabbing pain in my side that felt like someone was twisting a screwdriver in my side, so I immediately thought I should wake up and see what's going on. As soon as I woke up I felt nothing and there was no one around.
>>
i cant help you with lucid dreaming but literally 20 minutes ago i think i fell asleep with my eyes wide open and dreamt the most physically intense dream i ever had.

>yesterday i was outside and got drunk as hell
>came home 5 am and had to go to work in 9 am and work till 1 pm
>for 4 hours i just wanted to go home and lay down
>finally arive home
>lay in bed and just stare at the curtain
>remember that as i kid i used to stare at something without moving my eyes and my entire vision would get distorted
>think "i want something fucked up to happen"
>just kept staring at the curtain and without realising it i find myself in some italian looking house
>everything is made out of stone and the streets are narrow
>a bunch of young girls in their bathing suits passing by
>i get invited to play some game with them and other kids
>some guy is poking my asshole with his foot as prepare to play
>i tell him to fuck off
>the game ends up not starting as the kids decide they dont wanna play
>now i go with one of them to some gallery next door
>some more shit happens and everything im involved in goes wrong and everything i touch i fuck up
>theres a huge crowd in the gallery and im in the middle of it and im getting so violently pushed and bumped into by everyone for 10 minutes
>i get pissed and i push everyone that was near me away because it was so unbeleavably exhausting in the dream
>now im making fun of some guy with an older man
there's so much shit happening that in this dream that i cant type it all out
>the whole time my vision in the dream messed up like im extremly drunk
>the gallery closes and a wooden door just "closes" only my left eye and now im in narrow street
>i see a guy trying to climb up some slippery slope with a blue bag
>offer my help and try to climb it and fall down and hurt my back
>get up and try to climb it from another side and succed
>i look down and im 3x higher up than i should be and he tells me that he doesnt need that anymore
>>
>>18004610
I can achieve flying without waking up, but I kind of have to be able actively imagine the process. It's not really flying, I kind of just imagine myself floating and then propulsing myself smoothly through the air along planes of motion with the power of my mind. I remember some dreams even pointing with my fingers the direction I wanted to go. Maybe if I concentrated on what it would be like to have wings I could do it differently.
>>
>>18011153
cont

>his wife now tells me something in german and chuckles in a weird way
>now my vision gets so bad that i cant even see anything besides the guy standing 20m below me
>i hear the wifes voice coming from below me as well, but i cant see her anywhere and i try to imagine where she might be
>she keeps talking and i still cant see her because my vision is so far gone
>then i manage to catch a glimpse of her and i find her standing on a restaurant balcony even higher than i am but her voice keeps coming from below as she talks
>she chuckles again in some fucked up way
>then both the man and the woman chuckle identicaly
>then the whole restaurant starts chuckling and it starts echoing in my head
>this goes on for 10 seconds and then a door "closes" my left eye again and everything goes bright in my right eye
>i start making out the curtain in my room from the light
>realise where i am
>my vision blinks red 2 times
>my head twitches uncontrolably a few times and i see some black thing on the left side of the room and finally come to my senses
i didnt open my eyes whilst "waking up"
i just made out my room after my vision glew bright white in the dream so im pretty sure that i fell asleep with my eyes open because i was staring at some shit on the curtain
i know that the dream doesnt seem like much but for me it was so phyically intense and disgusting to experience and on top of that EVERYTHING i did in the dream i did it wrong or i damaged something. Even when i got the blue bag on the high slope for that fucker he tells me that he doesnt need it done anymore.
>>
I'm 27, and in the past years the number of lucid dreams I have has skyrocketed.

I don't do anything special before bed, I don't think differently - they just happen.

I've been in a relationship for 6 years, so the first thing I do in lucid dreams is to fuck the nearest woman in my dream, hahaha.

I've noticed that I am more likely to wake up the more I dwell on the fact that I am sleeping. It's bizarre. I'm dreaming, but I can kind of feel my face on my pillow, and the blankets around me. The more I think about this feeling, the sooner I wake up.

This causes the lucidity to last a few minutes at most.

The other day I was lucid dreaming, and I thought "I wonder if mirrors work properly in dreams?" I walked up to a mirror, and my face was glitching out like a low LOD video game asset that was missing certain textures. My brain 'knew' that my face should be there, but it wasn't 100% able to create it.

I leaned closer to the mirror to examine myself, but I sort of "passed through" the mirror frame, and existed in a mirror world. When I turned around, I was looking through the mirror into the real world, and back to myself. I was then able to turn my 'real' body around, and watch myself from all angles, like a third person perspective game.

Parts of my body, like the top of my head, where glitching out similar to how my face was. I loved how my brain was desperately trying to create reflections.

Sorry for the long post, but these have been some of my experiences with lucid dreaming.
>>
>>18003472
You'd probably just wake up when you get knocked out. I've done drugs in dreams and it feels real so I think you could have anything happen that you've ever experienced
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.