[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /x/'s opinions on Wicca?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: tumblr_nxlg9rLSFO1s0adc8o1_1280.jpg (500KB, 1280x1894px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxlg9rLSFO1s0adc8o1_1280.jpg
500KB, 1280x1894px
What's /x/'s opinions on Wicca?
>>
>>18000622
no legitimate connection to ancient paganism despite its claims, though its arguably the closest to pagan faiths in spirit compared to the more historically accurate reconstructions.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 720x960px
>>18000622
Edgy 12 year old girls believe in it to make them feel special.
>>
Basically tumblr: the religion.
>>
It's alright. Born from historical romanticism mainly, with a chaos magic-ish system with using whatever works that they can stuff into their duality.
A lot of people probably used wicca as a gateway belief into a greater magical/pagan community. Probably even a few too-proud-to-admit /x/philes started off a little nudists dancing in a circle before secluding themselves with their Crowley collection and failed admissions into a Mason's lodge..
>>
>>18000724
I'd still say its a commedable effort, probably more organized as a paganist faith than any other, and it emulates the spirit of pagan ideals more than most.
I'd argue Norse neo-paganism can as well but there are so many different sects and so few actually adhere to anything close to a pagan ideal, the rest are either edgy atheists or white nationalists
>>
It's horseshit.
>>
>>18000622
gay
>>
Gay as fuck
>>
Pretty new agey, but nothing wrong with that. If it's what you're looking for, have at it. /x/ will pout at such things, since they are for deeper occult research than modern spirituality, but it don't hurt to have new religions pop up that are not mass suicidal cults, cons taken too far, and parody religions.
>>
File: 1465186572557.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465186572557.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>18001077
This. And ignore a lot of the trips on here during summer. Certain threads just have readers trolling the trolls back , and the people actually serious about it get trolled . Some readers forget to take their name off when they troll ;) .
>>
>>18000622
It's an okay religion. Sometimes they think that they're much more than they really are, and try to pervert history to make them look better. Also beware of Covens that stray too far from the religion in favor of tumblr, by worshiping only the Goddess and not the equal God.
>>
File: Horned-God-couple.jpg (40KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
Horned-God-couple.jpg
40KB, 300x372px
It's a religion that worships a solar god and lunar goddess, and it acknowledges and emphasizes feminine power, as a contrasting and complementary force to masculine power.

Women find it empowering, so of 4chan nerds are naturally going to hate it (looking at you >>18000682).

>>18001480
This. Wicca isn't supposed to be a "feminine" religion, it's supposed to be about balance and equality.

Think of the God and Goddess like a mountain and a valley; the mountain and the valley cannot exist independently of eachother. There's no valley without a mountain, and there's no mountain without a valley.
>>
>>18001077

>parody religions

:^}
>>
>>18001936
>Women find it empowering, so of 4chan nerds are naturally going to hate it
This is a total strawman. Cultus Sabbati is also empowering to women, but you won't hear /x/ deride it like Wicca is derided.

Cultus Sabbati is a serious occult initiatory system; Wicca is just a social club for feminists and environmentalists.
>>
File: 000000000000000.png (79KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000000.png
79KB, 900x688px
a stupid, made up religion by some stupid old faggot adopted by 12 year old girls. No, Wicca never existed in the past, the old religions in England (where wicca was found) were just celtic and Anglo Saxon paganism. Wiccans are deluded and stupid.
>>
Wicca is just babby's first Hermeticism with hippy clothes.
>>
>>18002094
Hippy? ...nope
>>
>>18000622
Teen girls and creepy old men. What could do wrong?
>>
>>18002134
LOL
>>
It's an unoriginal mashup of ideas branded at teenagers with victim complexes as some sort of ancient mystery cult. It has some legitimate occultist material thrown in, but you'd be better of going to the unmarred source of the original ideas than reading some feminist-esque revisionism of it.
>>
>>18002099

Do tell.
>>
File: 247893-1380428425998.jpg (77KB, 599x1024px) Image search: [Google]
247893-1380428425998.jpg
77KB, 599x1024px
>/x/ equates Wicca with females
>/x/ is terrified of girls
>/x/ thinks Wicca is icky
>>
>>18002166
They don't dress like hippie types. They dress like jack sparrow.. who fell out of a used hot topic truck that crashed into renfest.. and ate all the donuts on the way down
>>
File: bea.jpg (43KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
bea.jpg
43KB, 500x502px
>>18002168
>>
File: grand-wizard[1].png (21KB, 188x227px) Image search: [Google]
grand-wizard[1].png
21KB, 188x227px
/x/ hates Wicca. It's not any worse than xXx Chaos Magick xXx so I don't really get why.
>>
>>18002173

Fuck, I consider myself corrected.
>>
>>18002179
Because it's worse.
>>
>>18002179
You can't even make a fake username. Xxfaglord420xX
>>
>>18002149
>you'd be better of going to the unmarred source of the original ideas than reading some feminist-esque revisionism of it.
>feminist-esque revisionism

4chan never misses an opportunity to show their contempt for women.
>>
>>18002257

The only thing that shows contempt for femininity and proper women that will give an equal amount in their relationships is feminism.
>>
File: HW=evil-witch22-smlr..jpg (223KB, 703x532px) Image search: [Google]
HW=evil-witch22-smlr..jpg
223KB, 703x532px
>>18000622
ask this bitch,she claims on her shitty talk show MITD (Midnight In The Desert) that she is a wiccan witch.

She must be full of shit and very bad witch since her talk show is dying and loosing listeners,
(that MITD show originally was started by Art Bell last year in July2015,but he quit after just few months in Dec.2015)
>>
How to be a Witch .pdf

http://tikaboo.com/library/witchcraft.pdf
>>
It's not bad. There's a lot of practicum that's actually useful that runs parallel to my own Appalachian rootwork. The rest leaves something to be desired but it has a sexy rustic ceremony that makes for a powerful experience and the rhymes are denk.
>>
>>18002287
>I'm scared a woman is going to take my job
>>
>>18002612

Shouldn't I be? For a million reasons...

...most notably IT MAKES THE WOMAN AN UGLY FUCKING LEATHERY BLOBBY SACK OF DOG SHIT WHO IS 100% UNFUCKABLE.

NOW THAT DOG SHIT SACK IS ROAMING THE STREETS IN FUCKING CLICKY SHOES SMELLING LIKE TRASH PERFUME WITH A DUMB WARPED FAKE ASS GRIN.

NIGGA U UGLY. LIKE NIGGA, YOU UGLY!
>>
so now the catholics got youv worshipping grass now huh wow
>>
>>18000622
It's dogshit. Fake Thelema at best.
>>
>>18002685
So you're scared that a woman you perceive as ugly is going to take your job.
I think your priorities are in a very peculiar order.
>>
>>18002696
>Catholics
Desu what?
>>
>>18002728

are you mentally retarded?

The job makes them ugly, manly work makes a woman look manly.

Are you mentally retarded?

You like encouraging women to be ugly?

You're probably a faggot and also mentally retarded.
>>
>/x/'s opinion
A whole lot of thumbs up and a whole lot of sneers.
>>
It's role playing for lesbians
>>
>>18002744
Such childish notions. Women have worked throughout the ages, the majority, mind you, who did not have such luck to be of the upper crust and be pampered into la la land, and yet love and beauty still bloomed among the workers of then and now of both sexes.
One who looks for X in Y will find X, even if X is not the whole of Y. X meaning 'ugliness' and Y being the workforce.
>>
>>18002824

The jobs I work are physical labor.

Name one female who works hard physical labor and is also hot.

You can't.
>>
So what I'm getting from this thread is that Wiccans are universally shunned by beta males, stuffy occultists, bitter nerds, and social conservatives.

Naturally my next question is, what are the downsides?
>>
>>18004352

No, beta males love Wiccans, Wiccans are basically SJW liberals looking for a safespace from free speech.
>>
>>18000622
They are the vegans of the magic world.
>>
>>18004352
AIDS
>>
>>18001936
uhhh...there are lots of mountains with no valleys, and lots of valleys with no mountains.

So, this poster *perfectly* represents wicca: Fucking retarded.
>>
>>18001936
>there's no mountain without a valley
what about a volcano?
>>
>>18002179
Chaos magic allows atheists which we are swarming with.
>>
>>18004508
ha!
>>
File: eK93ey.png (240KB, 385x429px) Image search: [Google]
eK93ey.png
240KB, 385x429px
No more bullshit than any other form of occultism
>>
>>18004352
>Wiccans are universally shunned by beta males

You are sadly mistaken. New Hampshire/Maine produce some of the most top notch white male wicca betas there are.

I have never once witnessed an "alpha" wiccan.

Wiccans are almost always women. I've only ever had women outright introduce themselves as Wiccan or allude to it publicly.

Most normal new hampshir males born of wiccan mothers are just atheist or agnostic, because new hampshire males know first hand how cucky/sheepish/creepy wiccan males are, and the cucky stigma attached to being a male wiccan.The whole thing is dying anyway.

The downside is another thing for people to shun you for, on top of your socially debilitating cargo shorts.
>>
>>18004516
It's a metaphor.
>>
>>18004715
>Wiccans are almost always women. I've only ever had women outright introduce themselves as Wiccan or allude to it publicly
A religion that emphasizes feminine power and agency is mostly practiced by women? Stop the freakin' presses!

You want women to feel weak so you can feel strong. You're a beta male.
>>
>>18005861

More like "bait-a" male...

...amirite!?
>>
>>18000622
I have no opinion because it has nothing to do with actual witchcraft or paganism or voodoo or shamanism so its not on my radar.
>>
I used to date a Wiccan at one time. I'd advise against it. I once made her cry cause I laughed at her when she asked to do a tarot card reading on me. No regrets
>>
>>18007276
You sound like a shitty ...idk if you're gay.. because Wiccans ..
>>
>>18007282
Meh I am pretty shitty
>>
>>18005861
>You hate womyn!

What about all those strong, proud, and successful women in "patriarchal" religions like Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, etc.?

Sorry but no. Hating Wicca != hating women. In fact, I would argue that Wicca itself is passive-aggressive to women; Wicca implies that women are fragile creatures who must constantly be reminded how great and powerful they are.
>>
>>18008404

Judaism was the original womyn worship religion...

...it's also pretty stupid and fucked up... hence the dick cutting!

Really Christianity is TRUE feminism.

We teach women the TRUTH that their worth goes WAY DOWN socially once they've had sex. Thus virginity is praised.

New Testament is flawless, prove me wrong; you can't.
>>
>>18008499
(You).
>>
>>18000622
is that her on the pic?
if so(fap fap fap)
>>
File: smug mac.png (18KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
smug mac.png
18KB, 732x732px
>>18004516
>valleys with no mountains
What?

The definition of a valley is that it's between two valleys.

Mountains can exist without valleys, but valleys can't exist without mountains.
Valleys are made from mountains, and are defined by their relationship to mountains.
>mfw the metaphor is actually consistent with the Biblical view of women
>>
>>18004352
The downside is that nobody will take you seriously. Most people don't respect Wiccans, and don't see it as a "real" religion.

If you want to piss off conservatives and betas, convert to Islam.
>>
>>18002039

And Cultus Sabbati was just as made up, by a fanboy of Spare and Grant. Dude, Chumbley is dead. You'll detach his rotted cock sucking it that hard.
>>
Just a religion that has deep sincere toward nature to the point of deifying it.
>>
>>18002701
>Fake Thelema

That's a redundancy.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.