[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange symbol, I suspect Masonic in nature.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: mason.jpg (62KB, 447x461px) Image search: [Google]
mason.jpg
62KB, 447x461px
A neighbor found this charm while cleaning his garage, do you know where the symbol came from, I'm suspecting it's Masonic, but I'd love to hear your opinion.
>>
Reverse image search doesn't bring up any results.

It could be from a masonic order
>>
>>17999245
Yeah I tried to reverse search it too and nothing came up, neither by Google or TinEye. I also looked at masonic symbols, and nada. The only things that I see that can tie this to a masonic order are the subtle square and compass and also the subtle Eye of providence.
>>
>>17999232
Look at the shapes, OP, and count their sides. It goes from the eight-sided octagon, with the seven-sided figure comprised of seven dots on each of it's seven sides, to a six-pointed Seal of Solomon or Star of David, down to a five-sided object, with four-sided square inside of it, and a triangle within that. I can't quite see what's inside the triangle, though.

8,7,6,5,4,3. How big is it anyway? It's hard to tell if it's the size of a potato chip, or it's the size of manhole cover.
>>
illumni confirm ?
>>
>>17999352
It's about the size of a potato chip, or the palm of your hand. More like a medallion, that's the only picture I have tho. I'll see if I can get a better one later today.
>>
As above, so below. The eye who looks upon the throne above. The curse that he brought into the world. The seat of the adversary. His rebellion and those that help him in his final appearance before his attempt to ascend to the throne of God.

The rest of it isn't much worth expanding on. I hope that helps. I'd trash it though. Its not worth keeping unless you want to be cursed.
>>
>>
pretty interesting. definitely not some kind of meaningless trinket.
>>
>>17999380
Any retard can count. Basic geometry isn't spooky.
>>
>>17999364
Oh yeah. Duh, I should've seen that! But actually, the eye in the triangle thing is maybe a little bit overhyped. It is a Freemasonic, but they stole it from Eastern Orthodox Christians. If you search around for it in the artwork of some reaaly ancient Russian Cathedrals you'll see it all over the place. Freemasonry as a pseudo-spiritual semi-secret didn't even start until the late sixteen hundreds, and so the Russian Christian use of the symbol predates it by many centuries.

I have absolutely no idea what that medallion/object of yours represents, though.
>>
>>17999391
who said anything about it being spooky, you stupid fuck
>>
>>17999403
We're on /x/, everything eventually devolves into skeletons and Kanye West jerking off a banker at Bohunk Clearing.
>>
File: 1470505300462.jpg (80KB, 447x461px) Image search: [Google]
1470505300462.jpg
80KB, 447x461px
notice that the points are not exactly linear if you connect them
>>
>>17999417
samefagg here,
maybe theres something in the top direction in the room, hidden door or something that would be fire
>>
>>17999419
You think it's sort of a representation of a path?
>>
>>17999232
Triangle in center, all seeing eye.

Square outside of it, the square plane, earth, the square and compass deal with the square, earth, and the compass, the circle, Heaven.

The pentagon outside of it, if made into a star, is an upside down pentagram, the points of earth and fire above the ultimate manifestation of spirit. So the material plane is high.

Six sided stars can mean anything but YouTube conspiracies usually doesn't help. The Downward triangle is water, and the upward Triangle is fire. Water and fire are dual, and according to the Kybalion, everything is dual, everything has two poles, things manifest as "male" and "female"

The Octagon outside, if made into a star deals with an eight sided star of creation.

So, the first square with the outside pentagon, both deal with the material plane. It can be decoded by Masonic symbols, but it is likely a talisman for gain on the square plane, yet it is also circled twice on the outside.
>>
>>17999417
Actually, that "samefagg" is a different person altogether. But whatever. People always do that kind of stupid shit on 4chan.
>>
>>17999423
could be, probably not.
It could be in your living area or in the same room.if its found laying in exactly compass north direction it could probably mean that.
>all the edges except of the octagon show into the same direction.
>>
>>17999232
This is not a masonic symbol, its a magical alchemy sigil.

A triangle inside a square inside a circle is essentially a transmutation sigil, but this one is extra in-depth in a way I haven't seen before.

The two overlaid triangles are known as a Merkaba, or the Light-Body that makes up reality.

The pentagon stands for the five elements, fire, water, earth, air, aether/spirit.

The septagon (7 sided dotted figure) and octagon have to do with the 7 and 8 numbered systems that encompass the macrocosm.

If I had to make a guess. I'd day this is a charm for meditating on when trying to.perform energetic alchemy.

The 2 lines and dot in the middle stand for the first and second dimensions.

Look.at it this way, this describes the geometric nature of our creation.

It goes:
Dot 1D
Parrellel Lines 2D
Triangle 3D
Square 4D
Pentagon 5D
Merkaba 6D
Septagon 7D
Octagon 8D
Circle Infinity or 9D

I'd buy this off of your neighbor......
>>
Its not cursed, not illuminati, not freemasonry, its wholly esoteric in design.
The nonlinearity is human error I'd assume, this isn't inverted so its not negative or presuming materiality over spirituality.

The triamgle is not an all-seeing-eye inthe middle, its a representation.of the beginning or source of the Infinity made into Finity. A dot expands into a circle through the dimensions provided, showcasing evoution from finity to infinity.
>>
>>17999451
Also there are 42 dots in the 7 sided figure.

42/7=6
>>
>>17999395
Bruh, you have no idea what you are talking about. Catholics used the all-seeing eye before orthodox christians, Jews before christians at all, and ancient egyptians even before
>>
>>17999451
I don't know what kind of alchemy you're studying, but I sure as hell know that there's nothing about numerology describing different dimensions in Rosary of the Philosophers.
>>
>>17999465
The pentagon of the elements is reversed, leaving fire and earth over the spirit. So is the 7 sided dotted figure, with the Moon point and the Saturn point over the Enlightenment of the Sun.

Not saying it is evil, but it is important to take note of the Saturn/Moon Matrix over the Sun, and the Fire and Earth over the Spirit if you make the pentagon and heptagon into stars

Also, the all seeing eye would be the representation of source and infinity if you knock of all the conspiracy buffs.
>>
>>17999232
I want to say it's Masonic, since it looks like some of the American study program symbols (like Master Craftsman), but there aren't any quite like it. Is it attached to anything else?
>>
im going to guess it is masonic as well, possibly from the golden dawn? its showing the planes of manifestation as well as the six rayed star representing primal fire and water, male and female, as one.
>>
>>18001847
Yea, it does seem more Golden Dawn than Masonry. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>triangle w/line: symbol of air element
>inner dot: maybe symbol of spirit?
>overlaid triangles: unity, the all
>counts up to 8

This doesn't strike me as masonic.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (31KB, 740x599px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
31KB, 740x599px
New Mason Symbol confirmed???
>>
>>18004434
Mom will hang it on the fridge, Anon. Now finish your milk and get some shut eye. It's getting late.
>>
>>18004477
:) I miss that.
>>
File: Spongierbobilluminatipants.jpg (526KB, 1167x889px) Image search: [Google]
Spongierbobilluminatipants.jpg
526KB, 1167x889px
>>17999232
>>17999364
>>17999417
>>
>>17999493
Yeah I would take his advise .... This sounds right... But I think it has to do with chaos magic.... I wonder where it came from... U should find out exactly where your neighbor found it and take a picture it would help....
>>
>>18004596
Like was it with his belongings....in the ground..? From the previous owner of the house...?
>>
And I would sage yourself and kind of cleanse yourself from any attachment to the object.... And commit to the idea of just understanding a peice of history
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.