[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst sleep paralysis/shadow people stories x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: hatman.jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hatman.jpg
5KB, 480x360px
Worst sleep paralysis/shadow people stories x/?
>>
Once hallucinated that a girl who resembled my friends' gf came into my room and took something out of my draw beside my bed.. while I could feel the metal bar that made my headboard of my bed over my chest, to which i felt it and it felt so real. Woke up screaming.
>>
>>17995683
I've woke up screaming before. That feel when you are so close between the waking and dreaming world.
>>
>>17995689
To this day I don't actually know if I was dreaming or not, I did smoke a joint before bed though which makes my dreams almost lucid.. definitely breaks down a lot of mental barriers
>>
>>17995564
I've only had it a few times but it happens mostly when I sleep on my back and when I stopped taking Zoloft ssri
One time I felt like a was floating and I could see everything in my room at one time and the other a was seeing a bunch of yellow light. Also every time I get it a get a ringing noise and zap in my head
>>
>giant scorpions and spiders

Even knowing it was just a sleep paralysis episode, it wasn't fun.
>>
I was at my mother in laws house, out on Friday Harbor, it was around two in the morning Christmas Eve when the episode occurred. I awoke paralyzed, my eyes were wide open, and next to the door stood a creature, it was gaunt with tubes where it's ribs should of been, and a mouth that opened in four directions. Ots arms were far too long with only three hook like fingers. I could hear it screexhinf, but I'm a very guttural way. I then began to scream but no noise came out, I tried to move but was unable to l, feeling weight on my body so heavy I was afraid I was going to be crushed. I kept screaming for what felt like five minutes and it moved closer in very abnormal jumpy movements. When he reached my I shot up, drenched in sweating but freezing cold, I sat in the completely darkness listening intently but too afraid to move or turn on the light for nearly two hours before turning the light on. Was my first episode on sleep paralysis and now it happens at least once a month. This memory still haunts me to this day, and often when falling asleep I will hear it's guttural screech and be unable to sleep for the rest of the night.
>>
File: 1451709811448.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1451709811448.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>17996001
Did you getta touch them titties?
>>
>>17996001
Anon that was Santa.
>>
>>17995564
I've gotten to the point at which I can almost always induce sleep paralysis at will. I've only ever saw minor shadows that don't really make a definable shape. However once while in this state I could hear what sounded like a real demonic voice right next to my ear tell me "you know who I am, I'm here" I gasped for air and was able to move again right after. It was some freaky stuff, I was shaking
>>
Once when I was 9 or 10 I got dragged out of bed by the legs to about where my armpits start. I was sleeping on my back and I remember my body being completely stiff. Somehow I didn't fall off the bed even though 80% of my weight was no longer on the bed. I remember not being able to move but having my eyes open. this is totally the first time I've ever recanted that moment
>>
I have one that was pretty bad for me. I'm a pretty unflappable person. Anyways, I had some troubled sleep that night. Felt a presence next to me. Woke up and there's a dude standing in between my bed and closet. Like an arms length away from me.
>TIME TO OPERATE
I pulled my pistol out from under my pillow and immediately shot the fucker. Got up to chase the fucket because he started go run. Dunno how, because he took a .45 to the ankle from 6 inches away. Fucker runs into a vent. Took me a minute to process what happened. Was not human. All doors and windows locked. Chain latches still on. I have reinforced door because low-income area. No one could have gotten in without fucking up the doors pretty bad. Anyways, I called the shadow person a bitchnigga. I then went back to bed. Still got a hole in the wainscotting.
>>
File: dead-birds-pelicula.jpg (106KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
dead-birds-pelicula.jpg
106KB, 600x300px
Ahhh the ol' sleep paralysis. Pic very fucking related.

Usually mine used to involve nasty black shadow anorexic humaniod creepin and crawling about my room. Fun times.

The one that stood out though was i took to have a nap after being hung. As I was waking up was cosy but was starting to get a little dark (winter) and none of the lights were on. Cue twilighty sepia light, so I yell to my flatmate if she could flick on the light. (her room is opposite to mine). So heres me yelling out to her to switch on the light for me, so she comes in my room walks over to me and just stands there staring down at me over my bed. Takes my hand and bites my fingers off while staring into my eyes and her face melts into a black demon face spot on to that pic what i found. I could feel the fucking bite. Woke up shaky asf
>>
Pissed off a sucubus once. It was not fun.

Dreamt I was lying in water, staring at the ceiling of what seemed to be somekind of exotic bathroom, judging by the colorfull tiling.

A woman got on top of me. I couldnt see her face, but I remember she had a hot body and black lingerie. I was seeing someone at the time, so I knew it hasnt her. I pushed her off me. And thats when shit went bad. Had sleep paralysis episodes where I felt I was being strangled. Scared shitless, I even prayed after being confronted with what seemed to be true evil. But I fell asleep shortly afterwards again wich continued the dream.

The second time I tried reasoning with her. But she mustve gotten tired of that very quickly. Had another episode. But I somehow learned that I should reject her a third time. It was strange, like it was written in text before my eyes but it wasnt.

The third time I got angry and yelled at her I didnt want this. I woke up from another attack, but when I opened my eyes I could see a shape at the foot of my bed and move towards my bedroom door. It was translucent, like it was made out of cigarette smoke.

Ive had a few attacks some time later. But I managed to break out of them by getting angry and willing myself to get up. I had the impression she was messing with me, because in one dream I dreamt I was kissing a woman, when I suddenly woke up with a foul taste in my mouth and the sound of laughter.
>>
First time I had SP was after watching suicide mouse on YouTube. I fell asleep on my back with the lights on. All of a sudden I can't move. The room starts shaking and I hear grindcore music. Mickey Mouse is walking toward me and making demonic faces at me. Was terrifying.
>>
had my first real bad one a few months ago when i was trying to sleep while my anxiety was super high. before i went to bed i'd been paranoid that someone was going to come in my room, had my bedroom door locked, etc. woke up a bit and saw a shadowy figure standing at the side of my bed, looking down at me. scared me so badly i managed to come out of it having a full panic attack.
>>
I have it a few times a week during periods I overstress myself, so I'm no longer phased by it. Can move my head, open my eyes, listen and see (though it's all blurred, out of focus) what's happening around me while I'm experiencing it and I can reliably wake up if I will it.

Only once have I seen a shadowy blob and once I heard horrible metallic noise, though neither affected me much. Oh and once I moved my hand to look at it and it was all glowing with bright white light, however in reality it didn't move, which I found out upon waking up.

A few months ago, however I had an episode that started out normal, but then I felt something stab me in the lower abdomen and cause immense pain. A few seconds after I felt another stab, this time from behind, right into my kidney, and this one felt like someone was slowly twisting a knife inside me.

I immediately went into panic abort mode and woke up. The pain, of course, completely disappeared the moment I gained full consciousness.
>>
>>17995564
>Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
>>
File: 1420999447258.jpg (81KB, 620x464px) Image search: [Google]
1420999447258.jpg
81KB, 620x464px
There was a time I knew I was having it and I was so fucking done with it, at the time, because it was a really frequent thing. Saw the wall I was facing before sleep, somehow struggled to the point where I wasn't on my side anymore but on my stomach. From this angle, I could "see" the door in front of the head of my bed which led to my bathroom. It was open.

Trying to wake up, I see a "woman's" head pop up from the head of my bed, right in front of me. Try and shuffle as to where I can't see her anymore, and then all of a sudden I feel a face press up against the covers that were covering my head, and hear gnashing and feel attempts at biting. Really fucked me up for a bit.
>>
I get sleep paralysis somewhat often, but I never really have hallucinations or visions while experiencing them(at least of the visual sort, might have experienced the audio sort once or twice, but only of random noises never speech or the noises a living creature makes), partially cause I sleep with a bandanna covering my eyes(as they are extremely sensitive to light when I sleep), also cause when they happen my mind tends to hyper focus on the whole not being able to move aspect of it, spending what feels like hours trying to move, especially since I often feel like I have problems breathing when this happens(an illusion but a very unpleasant one)

now compared to what most people on this board experience that's pretty mild, but it still sucks
>>
When i was young i saw shadow people and other shadow figures every night. I did not know if i was awake or asleep, all i knew was that they were watching me and it did not feel like they had positive intentions.
>>
Like most, I get it when I sleep in my back, most often when in unfamiliar places.

The worst I've had it was on a multi-day kayaking trip with a buddy.

>long day of kayaking down a stream in central Virginia
>dusk is beginning to set in
>decide to setup camp on a small island we passed a 1/4 mile back
>throw ramen and beans on the fire
>sit around the campfire drying out our clothes and shooting the shit for a while
>decide it's time to catch some Zzzs, both of us bed down in a 4 person tent
>wake up in dead of night
>lying on back, can't move
>eyes fixated straight up to the dimly glowing ceiling of the tent backlit by the moon
>can hear every blade of grass rustling in the wind, every cricket chirping and every bubble of water running over the rocks
>the hair on the back of my neck stands up
>an overwhelming feeling of dread washes over me
>sense that something is watching me, closing in on me
>the sound of nature slowly grows louder and louder and LOUDER
>it or they are getting closer
>I hear nothing but the deafening rustling of undergrowth now
>like somebody put a bag over my head and violently and repeatedly crushed it
>desperately want to snatch the s&w .357 mag out of my pack but by body refuses to respond
>it's right outside of my tent now
>the cacophony of rustling brush is overwhelming
>it's on top of me but I can't see it, just sense it
>all at once the noise climaxes in what I can only describe as a sharp whip
>I sit straight up head crashing into the top of the tent
>I tear through my bag and pull my revolver out of the holster
>staring dead ahead at the zippered door
>I strain my eyes and ears but hear nothing but my buddy's faint snoring
>I look over to my buddy sleeping soundly
>I place the revolver back into its holster and lay it under my sleeping bag stuff sack makeshift pillow
>lay back down on my side and try to forget what I had just experienced
>pray myself to sleep that I'm not losing my fucking mind
>>
I have one, my worst sleep paralysis so far

>be me having a nightmare
>someone's lurking there watching me, I'm the only one that can see him. He's just a silhouette, no face or anything
>He starts saying shit like everyone hates me, he hates me and he will kill me soon
>Start screaming and cussing
>Suddenly lying in bed in room
>my eyes are blurry since I just opened them
>see something humanoid but not quite human with white skin run at a fast speed from door to the side of my bed
>try to keep screaming like in my dream
>no sound, I can't make a sound, instead it gets harder and harder to breathe the more I try
>making choking sounds, can't move, body feels like it's burning
>suddenly it stops, I can move
>lose my shit, start scanning the room
>go back to sleep with lights on

I don't know how long it lasted, but it was worse than it sounds. Not trusting dem dreams again.
>>
I had one last night.

>insomnia
>see two shadows of grey aliens
>"can you aliens get out i'm trying to sleep here"
>that apparently pisses them off
>blanket comes around my neck
>can still breathe but it hurts
>yell out "you bitch!"
>hear footsteps on staircase
>black out, wake up 2 hours later

fuck hallucinations
>>
i had one a while back

>talking on phone with gf
>half alseep listening to her
>she's about to go to bed and hang up
>call starts to get static
>hear muffled baby crying
>can still hear her saying goodnight
>can feel someone/something behind me
>my body is totally shaking
>open eyes to see single eye staring back at me from wall
>whole thing happened in about 20 seconds
>made gf stay up 2 extra hours

always wide awake during late night calls now
>>
>>17995699
>One time I felt like a was floating and I could see everything in my room at one time
I experienced that too a few years ago. Felt like I was floating above my sleeping body and I could see my room 360°. I still feel weirded out about it.
>>
My brother had to take Adderall for his adhd. He always saw shadow people in the corner of his vision. He also took shoots, when he went outside he still saw shadowpeople. Every shadow had a humanly figure. This caused him to loose sleep for a week straight. He stayed up playing COD all night. He prestige 5 times that week. Like holy shit
>>
How do you typically induce sleep paralysis? I have been wanting to for years, but no matter how long I lay on my back without twitching a muscle, I can never reach it. Is there another method?
>>
>>18003964
Not sure that's something you want to experience but anyway here's how I generally lucid dream (+ sleep paralysis possibly).

>Lay on back.
>Don't move too much.
>Keep eyes open. I find it helps to look at the dark with eyes open and kind of look forms and colors starting to slightly appear and shift.
>There will be no visible transition between awake and sleeping but conscious.
>Most of the time, at one point, you will be laying in your bed and everything will look as if you're awake until you try to move.
>Try and move. You can't. At this stage DO NOT PANIC.

From there I can initiate a lucid dream by getting out of bed in my 'dream self'. I am conscious of both my real body and real movements (though I do not control them) and of my dream self. I try to get away from my bed, this takes a HUGE effort and willpower as my dream self is usually tethered as if by some strong elastic to my body. When I finally get away I start opening doors and entering a dream, leaving my real body in my bed.

It might seem a bit specific and I don't know how much will apply to your case, but a hell of a lot of things are shared between people when it comes to dreaming so idk.
>>
>be 14
>be spending the summer with Grandfather on the outside of a small town.
>sleep in bedroom with a window looking out on the yard
>have history of grandfathers ex-wife come to house and steal things(never locks door)
>play games til late, because can't do it in the day
>hear noises like walking or bushes rustling(Can't walk though yard without making noise)
>make nothing of it because you think its a cat or something
>need to piss late one night and don't wanna wake up Grandfather
>decide to sneak outside and take a piss there
>open the door and hear something move the bush next to the walkway to the yard
>man up and get some nerves of steel
>walk out there and past the bush so you have some privacy, in case there is someone going to a nightly stroll
>literally start to piss yourself as you hear the bush(now behind you) move again, and again
>run past bush and get into house. you see something poke outs head out as you close the door
>nothing else happens for the rest of the night
>next few nights there is movement outside your window
>one time there is tapping on it and you see something looking in
>GTFO of the house as soon as possible and end vacation early
>>
>>17995564
>once met a dark floating oval mass named annabelle, I just knew it was named annabelle
>couldn't breathe once
>some fucking spook was resting by my bed with its face blotted out by darkness
>the classic I couldn't fucking move and I feel a sense of dread and fear
>>
>>18003920

Amphetamine/stimulant psychosis. It can happen to you even at low doses especially if you're not sleeping well and still taking them.

Actually happens to me fairly often. I'll see shit out of the corner of my eyes especially after studying all night.

ADHD meds are fun to abuse so I wouldn't be surprised if your bro did that here and there too. You definitely shouldn't be taking stims if you're losing sleep.
>>
>>18003964

Let me say this: I don't recommend either.

For paralysis, you really just lay there. It may take several nights before you pull it off. It only happens to my eyes closed. I'll be right on the cusp of trying to sleep and get startled by some shit or want to move and will be paralyzed.

I purposefully managed to pull it off when I was a teenager on /x/ and now it happens to me occasionally at random and there's nothing I can do about it as explained above. So I think once you pull it off once there is no going back. Be wary of that. Not a terribly debilitating thing but really not great or pleasurable at all either.

I think there are more circumstances that have to be in place for lucid dreaming and they differ for person to person. I'm usually very, very sleepy from the day when lucid dreaming happens. I really don't think it's that great. For me, it's not like being transported into a simulation of your choice and I think people that pitch it like that are lying.

It's like being 15/16ths of the way between awake and asleep, confused between whether you're awake (or thinking you're awake), and imagining yourself in broken/choppy situations you're not really in. The situations are generally not nearly as detailed as real dreams and are often related to things I did during the day - all around just less great than full on dreaming about fucking a girl imo.

It doesn't last very long for me. Something generally startles me out of it and I often run into sleep paralysis at that point too. Usually I'll start lucid dreaming about something mundane like getting up and opening up the fridge, then imagining some sort of weird obligation (like studying) I have to do and getting startled awake only to be paralyzed. This is all generally unintentional.

I usually have a fair amount of control in my regular dreams though. I don't remember the last time I had a nightmare.

>>18003964
>Not sure that's something you want to experience

this.
>>
butttrape
>>
Here's my worse bout of it.

>Dead of night.
>Pitch black in bedroom save for a bit of diffuse moonlight through the blinds.
>Wake up - can't move.
>First time I ever have full on sleep paralysis, panic.
>Paralyzed on my right side, curled up.
>See a shadow cross over my vision - it's darker than the shadow of my bedroom.
>It moves out of my vision by going left, around to my back.
>Notice my window is open.
>Freaking the fuck out now.
>I hear a zip, and then a creak - like someone undressing and getting into bed.
>Feel the weight of another body press against my back and indent the bed.
>Sobbing, still paralyzed.

No crazy rapist, alas.
>>
I suffer from some mysterious thing when it comes to dreams. If I EVER fall asleep on my back, I ALWAYS have a extremely vivid nightmare every time, and it sucks. If anybody knows why, I would love to know why this is.
Some of the dreams I have had due to falling asleep on my back:

1. A shadow on my wall shifts and starts to slowly crawl up from the foot of my bed. Once it reaches me, it grabs and pushes my arms down by the wrists where my hands are next to my head. Then I see clearly from the shadow another pair of arms comes out of the shadow and starts to slowly strangle me. As its grip got tighter, I suddenly woke up.

2. When I fell asleep, it was just night. I dreamed that it was raining, and I heard a loud and scary scream come from under my bed to the left of my head. Really scared, I turned my head towards where the scream came from, but I saw nothing. Then, I felt someone's tongue lick my ear from behind. I woke up screaming, and looked out side. It was raining.

3. I dreamed that something grabbed the comforter from under the bed, and started to pull the covers under the bed. I tried to hold on to the bed, but I started to be pulled under the bed along with the covers. I heard I silent hissing sound coming from under the bed. I woke up, and I woke up laying on the floor next to the bed. Scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
I'm not going to try to spooky text, just telling what happened to me.
I'm not quite sure why most people's stories of sleep paralysis are about seeing things because most my experiences were physically(or what felt like it) feeling things or hearing things.
On several occasions my bed would rise off the ground and shake forcefully but smoothly back and forth like the hull of a large ship. This would happen on several occasions.
On one occasion I could feel a presence in the room so I tried staying perfectly still, never mind the fact I couldn't move if I wanted to. The presence kept poking me and running fingers down my sides and im my arm pits to try to get me to move.
my worst experience was one of my first. My bed was sort of in the center of the room so no edge of my bed was against a wall. One night I felt a tugging on the edge of my sheets that woke me up. I realized I couldn't move, I didn't know what sleep paralysis was at the time but I knew shit was about to get spooky. Someone starting tugging on my sheets on the opposite side of the bed from where the original tugging was. Then someone starting tugging on my sheets from a corner and then another corner and more and more unseen hands joined in until I knew my sheets were going to rip and I was afraid what they would do next with no sheet to entertain the unseen ones who surely had to be there.
The sheet never tore and I snapped out of my sleep paralysis and went back to sleep almost immediately as I did after every sleep paralysis experience. Probably due to a combination of me being afraid of being laughed at for making ridiculous claims about things that could never happen and partly due to my mind trying to keep me sane by trying to forget it happened even only seconds after it had.
>>
File: sleep paralysis.jpg (43KB, 1330x655px) Image search: [Google]
sleep paralysis.jpg
43KB, 1330x655px
>>17995564
>be about 10 years ago
>been in my first apartment for a few months
>fell asleep on couch
>woke up in the middle of the night
>couldn't move
>couldn't breathe
>could feel weird presence behind my head
>felt like a giant vulture, sucking out my soul
>mind started fading, probably because I couldn't breathe...
>Start accepting that this is how I die
>Suddenly something in my brain screams "NO!"
>found I could move my head just a little
>started rocking back and forth
>slid off the couch
>suddenly everything snapped out of it
>could move and breathe again
>checked every room in my apartment
>all empty
>Sat on my bed with all the lights on until morning
>>
>>18004751
have you ever fall sleep with your arms and legs crossed? I promise you that will have the worst nightmare of you life if you do it
>>
>>18004813
Why would doing that cause that?
>>
>>17995564
One night after my wife cooked spaghetti I was asleep. Then I woke up, the pain in my stomach was unbearable. Finally I was able to move my butt just outside of the covers where I feared for about fifteen seconds straight. My ass had vabrado...the worst afterthought was the smell of spaghetti sauce fart that hovered in the room for about an hour. It woke my wife up who was very pissed about the smell.
>>
>Moved in to new country (France) for about a month.
>Appartment is old, don't feel good in it .But that's probably because I never really liked France, been there once or twice before, especially the climate of the city I'm in (Nantes) which just sucks giant dinosaur balls. It just rains 724 days a year.
Being a tropicalfag from Reunion Island, it's a gigantic bummer for me.
>One night, lay down with gf, can't seem to get any zzZzz.

>Start feeling dizzy, arms are both heavy and soft, body is like fucking mercury, I'm a really heavy liquid in my bed and can't move anything.
>I notice the room gets darker and darker
>"Hey! this is just like the other time, I'll get to see that panicked black silouhette-buddy again maybe I'll be able to interract more"

>guessagain.gif

>start feeling stressed. This isn't like last time, this is bad. Like really bad.
>hear groaning next to me: girlfriend makes strange noises.
>Try to turn head towards gf.
>ohmygodwhat'shappening her eyes are just deepless black holes
>turn head again don't want to look at this shit ever again
>Still can't move, roof gets darker and darker, the dark comes from the corners and expands all over the place, slowly
>heartbeat is already at speed of light
>Look right, by the door
>That's a peni- that's a dude!
>My mouth opens, I try to scream, no sound
>Let's recap, can't scream, silouhette is coming towards me, next to me is a hollow body of what used to be my girlfriend
>FUCK THAT I'M GOING DOWN THIS WAY
>Gather all strenght and enter panick-rage mode
>Stand up.
>Start to punch everywhere, standing on my bed.

Room goes normal

>Look around, nothing. Look at girlfriend, yep, that's her. cat is even sleeping on her chest.
>I'm standing on my bed like an idiot
>It's not over

Cont.
>>
File: 201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg (9KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
201602_1723_gdhec_sm.jpg
9KB, 300x256px
>>18005318

>As I'm standing, the room goes dark again
>Can't move. Again.
>Heartbeat goes nuts, Start hearing very loud and deep fuzz in my ears
>It's there. Standing on the door frame, looking at me.
>It moves again, slowly, towards me
>For the second time I gather all my energy like a Genki Gama or whatever,
>Enter goku mode, starts yelling all around, jump from bed and go punch that mother fucker.
>As soon as I hit it, like the microsecond right after:
>Open my eyes,
>I'm laying in bed, under the sheets
>mfw I'm not standing by the door
>mfw i'm in sleep position, room is totally normal
>mfw i'm sweating like a salami at a retail store
>mfw I look at the clock and only a minute or so passed since I last looked up.

I still don't know if i've been dreaming the whole time.
>>
>>18005331
probably the weidest thing is, I went to sleep almost immediatly, completely calm. Or at least relieved.
I started to freak out about the whole story the next day.
>>
ayy lmao
>>
File: dttmomwsa.jpg (17KB, 575x339px) Image search: [Google]
dttmomwsa.jpg
17KB, 575x339px
>>17995564
Dont talk to me or my wifes son ever again
>>
I have sleep paralysis occasionally, although the most realistic looking nope scenario was that below.

"Wake up" with my eyes open and head slightly to the side. Still dark, although my TV is on and providing some light.
There is a large, green, humanoid grasshopper thing standing next to my bed with its green army things just extended out a bit.
I can remember it's face so clearly. Its big bug eyes and bug mouth.
Don't remember the vision lasting long, but that was so messed up.
>>
I've seen plenty of sleep paralysis threads in the past, where people told stories of their experiences.
For instance, my past experience:
>Be deployed
>wake up in the middle of the night
>can't move my body, heavy weight on me
>knew right away what it was
>didn't panic, as I knew it would dissipate
>just took in the experience, and realized how one could perceive it, had they not heard of sleep paralysis before
>neat
However, I haven't heard much about the cause of it.
I've since then had experiences that warrant documenting.
>>
>>18005374
>Be away from home for work.
>staying in a loft with 3 other guys, sharing a room with one other (incredibly small beds)
>wake up just after 2am, go and get some water and take a piss
>lay back down and drift off
>hear a noise
>keeping my eyes mostly shut, I peek out and see the sillhouette of my roomate against the green walls, getting up and walking towards me, towards the door
>assume he is going to the bathroom as well
>impressed at myself for how well I can see with my eyes barely open
>it would probably appear as if I were completely asleep
>It even feels like my eyes are shut
>since when were the walls of our room green?
>I open my eyes, pitch black
>I can hear my roommate breathing as he lay in the bed next to me
>confused, because I was wide awake during that last experience
>I close my eyes again, and attempt to sleep
>the green glow of the room returns
>the sillhouette of what I thought was my roommate stands in the doorway, engulfing it to blackness
>I can feel the rectangular plane of my bed begin to rise as consciousness fades
>it's not an actual voice that I hear... but thoughts being projected. from my dream narrator
>he begins talking to me, but in third person as if its not me
>"What kind of ignorant fool would go with them? Don't you know any better? You're letting them trick you? Oh. You are doing it intentionally? You are doomed."
>I'm still quite conscious as this is going on. I can move my lips and look around, though my eyes are still closed
>>
>>18005377
>I begin to piece it together as I feel a sensation, a presence drawing me in, saying "Come"
>the bed plane is continuing to slowly rise, and cant forward as it floats towards the blackness of the door
>I look down, through myself. Through the bed plane, down below
>and I see the shape of the glowing white bed below, with a shadow of myself laying in it.
>I recognize that this is an astral projection, as I was very lucid, and but a few moments ago, my eyes were open
>Quotes from Insidious begin replaying in my mind
>"Last night, I watched myself sleep...."
>"Last night, I watched myself slee. Then I flew away"
>I continue to be drawn to the door, as the bed plane continues to float higher
>part of me is excited, as this would be a new adventure
>but another part, however, is hesitant
>knowing that it was just a movie, nevertheless depicted out of body experiences as inherently dangerous
>regardless, I wanted down
>as I tried to get down to my body, struggling against the floating
>the green room suddenly collapsed onto me, binding my arms and plummeting me to the bed
>I tried to yell "Help!" to my roommate, but it came out as a horribly crude snore, because I couldnt move my mouth
>I watch, immobilized as the green room vanishes into a dot, returning to darkness
>finally it let me go
>feeling incredibly cold, I wasn't sure if it was from fright, or because my blanket was on the floor and most of my sheets were off me
>I noticed that I was also on the edge of my small bed
>I cover myself up and try not to be rattled by the incredibly lucid experience I just partook
>I turn to my side and close my eyes again
>once more, the room is green
>I open my eyes, pitch black
>I close them, green
>it's not a slowly growing green like before, but a more stark contrast
>very bright and real
> I decide that if I can't control it, I will just keep my eyes open
>It was a few hours before I was able to fall back asleep
>>
>>18005378
And then I just recently had a third experience
>be at a hotel
>in and out of sleep all night, awake at the moment
>keep hearing creaking noises in the room
>understand that I'm on the 6th floor and directly above me is a bar/lounge, and that the creeking is likely people walking around upstairs, and it just echoing within my room
>typically wouldn't be bothered, but just watched The Conjuring 2 the day before
>do my best to ignore thd creeks and my imagination
>from the silence, I hear a noise next to my head
>heavy, sliding on the bed
>this one is fucking real
>each passing millisecond confirms it
>turn to it, try to scream and punch at it
>paralyzed
>my jaw moves wildly, trying to annunciate words, but only releases that gutteral gasping snore
>think that any moment, it will releaase me, and I will snap back into my offensive posture
>must have been 10 full seconds, which felt like much longer
>finally i calmed down, and then I was released.
>after evaluation of the situation, I concluded that the noise I heard was real
>but it was simply my paralyzed (and without feeling) arm sliding off the bed
>>
>>18003998
>>18004677
Okay, so I tried it last night, here's what happened.

I started by lying down, and staring at a particular spot for what seemed like an hour. It took about 15 minutes or so for my body to start twitching uncontrollably, then my legs and arms gradually became very stiff, and after that it was my nose and mouth. I started hearing clicks and snaps from nearby rooms, then it became closer until it occasionally sounded like it was coming from inside my head. Another creepy thing was that I felt something crawling on my cheek and on the wrist, along my veigns. I was conscious throughout all of this, and then my eyelids started to weigh down until they were closed. I had the TV on the entire time, which may have disrupted everything, but the clicks and snaps were becoming more frequent, and I noticed something jerk in motion with a snap. The TV audio was becoming more quiet as well. At this point I was slightly freaked out, but I kept it together because I was aware that these were effects of my body going into a paralyzed state.

Even though I was experiencing distortions and odd noises, I was never able to start my dream. Perhaps it was because I left my TV on (it usually helps me sleep). I eventually gave up and moved my body into a regular sleeping position (I struggled with this a bit) and then fell asleep. I am going to try again tonight, but if anyone has bothered to read all of this, can you tell me what I can change in order to get better results?
>>
>>18005532
Also, when will I know at what time to move? I don't want to actually wake myself up.
>>
I had some experience with the Shaodw people.

Came to understand them as lowly parasites, feeding off people who are in mentally vulnerable state, like when sleeping but not in the REM phase.

HOWEVER, I had some insane experience with a shadow that frequented me occasionally, he was given a name (by my uncle who, apparently, summoned it) with which I could recognize it/him.

The shadow was a vague human shaped, darker than the shadows around it, even in pitch black, as if it is darkening not only the reality but also your mind.

It harrassed our familiy for some time, and me, untill I learned to fight back. Usually it would come in half-sleep, paralyse you and began crushing/feeding off your fear and misery.

I figured I could first move by strong conscious effort, then I was intrigued. Next time it came I focused all my will to start crushing It.

Funny it worked, it was surprised and bewildered, I managed to crush it and contain it in the palm of my left hand. From that moment, it came to me every time I asked for it by name in any lucid dream. It even took me to other places, served as some kind of shadow-guide.

It showed me hell, or warp, or whatever you would call it. It was a place where all the suffering of every single intelligent being was coalesced in an infinite mass of writhing flesh that screamed with insane agony. The emotional experience was so wracking I had literal depression for months following the incident. I saw my loved ones in that mass, knowing that it was what awaited them.

I never saw myself though.

After that, didn't dare to summon the Shadow ever again, and it didn't come to me.

Until recently, a couple of my friends were on a party and some of them took shrooms, and one of them told me they saw a huge shadow in my room, paitently waiting for someone, they had a feeling it was me. Ofc they were insanely spooked, and told me they will never take shrooms at my place ever again.

I might restart my adventures. Dubs decide.
>>
>>17995564
Back when I overdosed on pills I was in a coma like state but kept seeing shadow people all over in the room. It started when I first started losing feeling in my arms and I heard my phone go off, I struggled to answer and it was just a man screaming. I couldn't get my fingers to end the call so I was just crying and apologizing then I finally hung up. After that a woman was at my door and opened it very slightly to say something to me. I couldn't respond because I lost ability to move but I was still awake and conscious. The room was dark but I could see her come in and she sat on the bed next to me for a while still talking to me. I fell asleep for three days and don't know anything but what nurses told me, everytime I woke up I'd be screaming and looking at shadow people, trying to respond to them
>>
I get sleep paralysis multiple times a week, has started since I was 16.

Most of the time it will just be a dark figure holding me down.

The worst was when I was being held down to a junkie and was muttering to himself while holding a knife in his hand. It was fucking horrific.

Last night I got at like 3 am, but it was very different and definitely the most erotic. I was paralyzed when these two figures appeared, two young men with blonde hair coiled around my body like snakes. It was very sexual in nature and probably the only I've had that relates to the whole Incubus side of sleep paralysis.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.