[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ every time I meditate seriously, for a length of period

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Hey /x/ every time I meditate seriously, for a length of period of 45 minutes or more I start to lose my sense of my body. At first, early in meditation, my sense of body starts to take on bizarre shapes, my arms become huge, my legs start to feel like they're floating or I lose track of where things are. But then my body settles down and almost disappears.

This loss of my body only lasts for a short period of time before it becomes uncomfortable and almost painful then I start wanting to move and get up and walk around to throw this feeling off of me.

Does anyone encounter this in their meditation? Can anyone tell me what happens after this stage? What do you guys encounter during meditation?
>>
>>17994267
Just find out.
>>
>>17994293
I'd like someone else to share some of their personal stories of meditation. It would save me time and effort. Perhaps someone has solutions for the discomfort I've been feeling.
>>
I do this sometimes, I get to the point where I can move my limbs without them moving at all. At that point it just feels to weird and I have to start actually moving. If you do have the mental fortitude to stay still, I believe this is a way to go into astral projection. One of my friends did this once, he said it's like lucid dreaming but it feels more real.
>>
>>17994305
So you've never went past that stage of moving your limbs without them moving?

And your friend has only went past this stage once?

Does anyone else know about this stage of meditation? Are there any information online regarding this specific stage?
>>
>>17994318
If I am remembering correctly, my friend's dad had a bunch of books on astral projection, you might want to start there. I don't remember any of the titles unfortunately.
>>
>>17994323
Anything that I've read on astral projection never mentioned the physical discomfort that I've been feeling. Having people be specific here on 4chan rather than having me search through books would save me so much time and effort.
>>
>>17994344
Well, to answer your other questions, I've never gone past moving my limbs, and my friend only told me of one time he achieved it, no idea if he's done it more.
>>
>>17994368
Is there more knowledge that you have about astral projection? Do you know anything about enlightenment?
>>
>>17994344
If you just did it instead of trying to read about it you would save a lot more time. You have nothing to be afraid, it seems as though you are looking for some reassurance on it being safe. It is.

Astral Projection/lucid dreaming/anything with a sense of self is different from merging with everything/nothing.

Just do it. Quit dancing around the bush. Your soul is in the right place have faith and lose all fear.
>>
>>17994344
I had something like this physical discomfort as you lose sense of your body before.. it happened during a sort of sleep paralysis when I'd woken up from sleep, but not entirely so I couldn't see or move. Since this happened before (s.p.) I stayed calm and just decided to "let go" so to speak.
At first I thought "this is great, it's almost complete sensory deprivation, I can really deeply relax" but the more I let go the more I felt this almost painful feeling (kind of a vibration, I am assuming this is like what you felt).. it didn't feel right so I had to get myself to fully wake up and walk around. Made me kind of scared to meditate for a while
>>
>>17994385
To by completely honest, all I know about astral projection is what my friend told me. I haven't read any books or anything about it, and I have no idea what this enlightenment thing you're talking about is
>>
>>17994267
Interesting, once I go past about half an hour meditating, my sense of touch and perspective seem to fall asleep. I'm still aware of my limbs but they all feel ridiculously tiny.
>inb4 dick jokes
>>
>>17994428
I don't think your dick counts as a limb.
>>
>>17994399
People have said that vibration is the start of astral projection. I've never felt vibration, just discomfort and a desire to shake it off.

>>17994390
I'm not worried about it being dangerous, I'm trying to understand it.

Perhaps I want to merge with everything/nothing. I want enlightenment. I don't know what are the benefits of astral projection but it doesn't interest me as much as enlightenment and happiness.
>>
File: IMG_20160805_020535.jpg (52KB, 540x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160805_020535.jpg
52KB, 540x643px
>>17994433
>implying
>>
>>17994390
It sounds like you've astral projected before, what do you know?
>>
>>17994399
> it didn't feel right so I had to get myself to fully wake up and walk around. Made me kind of scared to meditate for a while

Why didn't it feel right? What was scary about it?
>>
Please, I want more information.
>>
>>17994452
The only way to truly understand it is to experience it. You can't understand what it is to fly as a bird any other way than being a bird and flying.

You're on the right track to enlightenment, astral projection is different, you'll probably stumble upon it along the way not even trying, it's just another experience/game much like the human experience/game which there is nothing bad with and in my opinion are pretty wonderful once you realize it. You can keep playing those games by the way they are not mutually exclusive of enlightenment.

You are after enlightenment though, the big dog. You are also on the right track, you are starting to leave your ego behind when meditating. Just keep going at that. Follow that space and don't get scared just feel it out and stay there for as long as you please. If it makes you more comfortable know that you have always been there in the background merged with everything/nothing.
>>
>>17994575
Do you know why it's discomfortable/painful to be in that blank space? How do you fight that urge to get up and walk around to throw off that discomfort? What's the longest you've been in that space? What have you learned from being in that space? In enlightenment, knowledge is supposed to come to you and I haven't learned anything in that short time of being in that space.

Once I reach that space it feels like my meditation has stopped progressing, I've had someone else say that to me as well, they feel like progress has stopped, so they just get up and walk around.
>>
>>17994318
I've been here once, I was laying down not moving with the specific goal of Astral projecting, I had been doing this every day for at least a month or two when I finally had a breakthrough, I was laying there, still and silent, eyes closed, focusing entirely on wiggling my fingers without actually wiggling them. At a point, my entire body began blissfully vibrating and it felt amazing, it was like every atom that made up me was individually influenced by the same gleeful energy. It faded after a few minutes, and I went to sit up. I stood up and began to walk out of my room when I realized I was still lying in bed. I turned around and sure enough there I was, eyes closed on the bed. I was like 'Oh shit I actually did it' and I tried to lift myself and fly through the ceiling but I lost control and opened my eyes for real this time. I tried to go back but couldn't. That was the only time I successfully Astral projected, although I stopped trying not too long after that. Can't remember why, maybe I just lost interest/focus. Might get back into it.
>>
>>17994595
You need to stabilize your focus. Basically like picking up static and you need to fine tune your perception. Could also be you need to work on healing emotional physical or mental energy associated with your astral body. It can get pretty beat up living day to day life.
>>
>>17994619
Interesting you said that. I've noticed less pain and discomfort if I stop masturbating for a period of time and eating a clean healthy diet.

>>17994605
Did you have a breakthrough in regards to enlightenment not astral travel?
>>
>>17994641
No the breakthrough was that I actually astral projected, I didn't really learn anything from it
>>
>>17994704
Then how does enlightenment happen?
>>
>>17994718
Years of experience, meditation, study, thought, and suffering? Idk man but it's not as easy as having a few out of body experiences
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.