[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/ I heard about this board through a friend of mine I use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 17

File: 20151225_141424.jpg (97KB, 376x211px) Image search: [Google]
20151225_141424.jpg
97KB, 376x211px
Hi /x/

I heard about this board through a friend of mine I use to work with and suggested I come here for information. I live in South Texas around two hours from the Gulf. There is a lot of farm land where I live and a lot of history there too, most of which I don't know of because I simply don't care. I routinely work on a farm with a variety of animals, mostly for old people who own them and can't manage them properly anymore. The work isn't difficult and getting away from the city is healthy in my opinion but recently some weird stuff has been happening on one of the farms I work at.

The man who lives there is in his late 80's and can't move much. I was hired to feed and care for the animals. There aren't many so I can do this job and others in the same day. Recently though he has been complaining that the animals are making to much noise at night. He owns horses and cows only. I figured there was a wolf in the area or maybe coyotes, coyotes are far more common and the horses and cows are both afraid of them.

I ended up hiring two hunters to go out and scout around but after a week they told me they didn't find anything besides raccoon tracks. The animals kept making noise and night and I felt bad for the guy so I decided to stay overnight to see what was going on. Sure enough, the sun went down and all the cows started making noise. I went to the barn where the horses were kept and while they weren't really making any noise something was freaking them out.

It didn't take long to settle them down because I guess I just have a way with animals but they were still visibly frightened. Despite not seeing anything I did smell something which I could only equate to burning turpentine. It was horrible. I instantly concluded that the sewer had busted because like everything else out there, it was old. The guys house is a two bedroom 1 bathroom built in the early 1900's. It's been there forever so something like that happening isn't that hard to believe.
>>
>>17992867

Again, I hired a professional to come out and take a look but he concluded that everything was working fine. I told him about the smell and he just said it was unusual. There are obviously no factories besides a hay mill several miles down the road but the smell doesn't come from there. He left. I had no answers. The guy was getting irritated too, not at me but at the animals and the fact he couldn't sleep let alone walk outside to complain to me about it. I decided to come back and spend the night again which he wasn't happy about but wanted me to it seemed.

The cows, while being louder than the other animals were not particularly as worked up as the horses. The horses in fact would not go back into the bar which is also an old building. Sometimes I question weather or not it is safe for them to be in there. The horses wouldn't go in no matter what I tried so I situated them in a corner of the field and fenced it off for the time being. Later that night (night three) I smelled the same scent but it was more aggressive I guess. The way I could describe it is that I could physically feel it in the barn.

It made me sick and I threw up outside twice before going back in to start turning off the lights. While I was inside and turning the lights off I had a very 'very' specific chill go up my right leg. It isn't possible to explain exactly what it felt like besides cold, like sticking part of your body in a freezer for a moment. My mind instantly concluded there was a strong night wind that was being blasted through the barn door over my lower half but I know factually that isn't the case. I didn't want to go back into the barn after that. It became this creepy mysterious place with a terrible smell.
>>
>>17992867

Roughly a week passed with nothing special or different occurring beyond the smell escaping the barn and fanning out into the field, specifically where the cows and horses fed from this giant hay wheel. All the animals would not go near it and I had to painstakingly move the entire thing to the far edge of the field just to motivate them to go to it. The smell didn't seem to follow but at this point I was determined to figure out what was causing the smell because it was ruining my time there and making the animals uncomfortable. Animals tend to shy away from huge changes in their habitat so it was something I needed to fix.

My little investigation led me back to the barn. There are two massive hay lofts, both of which contain very old hay which I never used. I was told not to use it by the old man or to go near it on account of how many snakes lived there. All the same I had to spend around two hours just to remove all the hay. When I was done I found a bunch of these large semi-circular rocks all in the corner of the second loft. They were so heavy it actually caused the loft to buckle partially in that zone. It was around evening when I discovered this and the smell was ever present. After shining a light on these what I presume to be rocks I discovered that they were actually gravestones.

Each stone had a date and name on them, some dating back to the mid 1800's. At this point I didn't know what to think. They could have been fake I suppose but I more or less knew they were real. The issue here was where the fuck did they come from, why are they hidden and why are there so many. The number of stones was around 40+. I only counted the ones on the surface. I wasn't about to touch them anymore than I already had while investigating. Now, I'm here for advice. If anyone is reading this how do you think I should proceed? Should I ask the farmer about them?..
>>
I think if he specifically said don't go near them and told you there were snakes in it, it might be better to not tell him what you found and instead ask him if you could move all the stuff out and see what his reaction is.
not an expert on anything paranormal btw just a board jumper
>>
>>17992921
Well at least you responded, which I appreciate all the same. I've asked him before about the lofts because the snakes need to be cleared out anyway since horses are terrified of them. He just kind of told me not to go near it.
>>
>>17992867
Shameless bump. Need advice
>>
dude, get the FUCK out of there. just dont come in one day. if he knows where you live, relocate.
>>
>>17992906
you found something you shouldn't have. don't go back. i don't know what to tell you about the animals, i imagine you don't want anything bad to happen to them but preserve yourself first and you can probably figure something out. it does sounds like something is very wrong. take care of yourself. basically what >>17992982
said
>>
Ask about the Stones, if that doesnt work go to the police. I'm sure its ilegal to steal gravestones.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 533x400px
>>17993040
Yes the sickly 80 year old man whom let me remind you, CANT MOVE, is gonna kill the lad.. Lay off the paranoia for a bit dude
>>
>>17993052
Shit lmao wrong guy fuck me my bad
>>
OP here. I will provide more pictures of this soon including those of the stones. They are huge and weigh to much for me to carry down the ladder. I couldn't move them if I tried. Not going back isn't an option either. The company that employs me is relying on me to help this guy out. You paranormal dudes know more about this than I do. The smell is localized specifically around the barn and I understand that it is becoming worse. The animals are suffering as a result of it too.

Can anyone tell me what may be happening? I do not want to leave an old man and his animals to rot just because I'm afraid.
>>
Need to see some pictures: stones, barn, lofts.

Use Vicks for the smell
>>
Use Vicks for lube also when you finally have to perform the masturbation ritual in the barn to get rid of the spooky smells. Also fuck a horse see if that calms them down
>>
>>17993087
I actually had that idea and it makes my eyes water so much to the degree that I can't see anything. Vicks and I have never got along well the the scent in the bar is overwhelming. It becomes worse at night and spreads over the field since it goes downwind over this small hill. It just covers everything.
>>
My grandma once told me that when there is some kind of spiritual activity, there is a bad smell. Like rotten flesh or something. She knows a lot about that stuff. Maybe the gravestone owners are around and they freak animals out? Idk, just my guess.
>>
>>17993208
Well this smell is fucking awful. It keeps all the animals away from the barn and sometimes, as I said corrals them in a corner of the field.
>>
you have to consider that smell is a really powerful sense, arguably older and 'wiser' than eyesight. it may be that there is something really bad, bad vibes in or around or under the barn and you are only now finding a way to 'interpret' this in a way (a disgusting smell) that would not overturn your worldview in regards to spirits, ghosts, whatever. there are a thousand possibilities as to what may have recently triggered the smell as well, and it may be that something is simply trying to get your attention to set some problem right since you seem diligent about your work.

presumably those stones have been there a long time if dude is 80 and can't move anymore, and if he is indeed responsible for putting them there. i don't want to be alarmist but often disgusting smells are associated with unwilling sacrifices, be it animal or human. it would be one thing if you were to find overt evidence of something like that but the headstones make it all the stranger. if you could trace any surnames to the man or any locations that would be a good start.

it may be prudent to cast a ring pass not around yourself. just imagine a ring of white light imbued with protection which surrounds you; it's not the complexity of your visualization but it is the purity of your trust that makes it effective. do this every morning and take it down at night, separate one for sleep if your dreams are agitated. you can do this for the horses and other animals as well. just humor me and try it please for your own safety.

anyways i kind of suck at scrying but i'll try tonight and post tomorrow if anything interesting comes up, sorry i'm not more help but this is interesting and i'm sorry you're dealing with this
>>
>>17992906
Ask the old man if he'd finance building another barn in the farthest and most reasonable area away from the current barn.
Don't know how many horses it shelters so idk if that would be feasible.
Bury the gravestones directly below where they were found.
Ignite the barn with a bundle of white sage.
Walk around the outside of the property 7 times.
Continue to burn the remainder.

That's what I would do, I'm no expert though.
>>
Spirits are tied with a place, they are stuck because of a reason, gamblers who die unexpected will be stuck in this and that world, just in the middle, they will be in a dream like state and they will gamble and gamble.
To help you out with the problem, there is no specific formula for it, you can for example take an old camera, if you have them lying around, I mean something from 2005 digital cameras work fine or with a tape or how ever you call it.
You can try to make pictures, the second thing is a dictaphone, an old one, phone wont word, with a tape or a digital one, which should be around 10 years old.
I don't know honestly why older things caputure that stuff better, but hey it works, have caught laughter or just orbs in haunted places.
You can put a radio on a scamble, if it changes then its the electromagnetic pulse coming from the shadow friends of yours or just metal.
If you sit in the middle of the barn at night and just close your eyes, you should feel creeped out, this will be the first road for the path of the extraordinary.
If you want to ask the old man, clearly the snake thing is just an excuse, he doesn't want to talk about it.
So, you can record the conversation with the old man about it, so if he wants to get rid of you and telling the company something bad, you can have a recording, not the best option.
You should have a red cross association in your state or country, get the names with dates from the gravestones and go there for the information to find out who they are, or consult with them how should you react.
Spirits only stay in one place, if something happened to them, no good souls stay here.
Like addicts, they get so addicted that they lose perception of life and just have one means for life, to soothe the addiction, souls stay at some specific one thing also.
cont
>>
>>17993252
If it helps I will add certain events that occurred on one particular day. Monday is kind of the worst day because I have to be there a lot earlier. It was also the first day I decided to stay over night. On the very first night that I was present in the barn I was wearing one of those cheap wal-mart brand face masks that landscapers use when they mow. It did absolutely nothing to block the smell. I'm actually only just now recalling this as the event did not seem significant relevant to the original smell. Around 8 PM it was already pretty dark because of the way the sun sets over the tree line, it has a tendency to cast a shadow over the property which is roughly 100 acres of land.

This shadow falls over the barn first because it is located close to a dug out pond where the cows and horses drink. While I was in the barn - and for reference the small might have been terrible but the horses were still in there during this period. I noticed a burning smell, it was like a very ashy almost chemical like smokey smell that blended with the turpentine odor. I did not think anything of this at that particular moment until the following day when I remembered there was a burn ban in effect. Texas has a lot of those. Even in an area as remote as the one I was in I know people wouldn't risk getting fined over burning trash, especially at night when a fire would be seen from far away. Maybe this will help the investigation? The burning smell has not come back but it was very potent, just like the primary scent is now.

For safety reasons I'm not going to give out any names but I can give a location. It is very close to Huntsville Texas. Maybe you guys could dig a little for anything paranormal in that area?..
>>
>>17993268
Your plan is sound and would absolutely provide answers but it just isn't in my nature to deceive people like that. I like being trusted, especially when the company I work for trusts me and the people I care for trusts me. To record a conversation when they are not aware is tantamount to betrayal. I know the frustration of having the ability to get answers and taking no action but if it means sacrificing my integrity as a person I'm just not willing. There are other ways to find the truth and I'm not prepared to lower myself at all even if it means a quick and easy road to the answers.
>>
>>17993268
I've been meditation from the age 15, on and off.
I have seen my share of shit, how paranormal it doesn't sound, half a year I saw every day "demons", I saw every fear in my dreams I had, how my parents were killed, how I died, friend died etc.
Maybe just my unconsciousness maybe not.
But It made me feel the presence of something more than we can perceive, just a gut feeling.
Had a friend who said that the things in her home just fell down and cat was staring at a wall.
Went there, with the radio, Dictaphone and camera.
Asked is someone here, and the apartment which is 100+ years old was dead silent, after listening to the tape, I heard a laughter and some response, which was too silent for me to understand.
I told her to go to the other room, sat in the middle of the room with lights turned out and just sat there, I felt like someone was behind me, cat in front of me started to run, like someone grabbed him by his tail, he ran under the bed.
Then put his head out and looked over my shoulder like someone was there, then he leaped towards me, but nobody was near us.
After these things and my visit it just left and she had no problems.
I've heard from our paranormal friends here, that demons and spirits are feeding off fear, so the nr1 thing is not to be afraid.
But spiritual people or people with "abilities" are in 99% bullshit and priests are shit also in dealing with these kind of things and it isn't an option for you.
So uncover the mystery, that's the only thing you can do.
maybe there is some secret that's holding them there.
But animals feel these kind of things, that's the reason of the strange behavior.
There aren't many options for you, if you're religious you can pray, for them to find their way.
But in summary, make the secret come out, burn the barn, let officials relocate and make proper burial or become autistic as my 2 posts and myself, go into it.
>>
>>17993271
If what I suggested isn't an immediate option, I would definitely go to the police. I live in oklahoma myself, close to guthrie, usually small town or county cops are glad to help out with stuff like this. People out here(even cops) don't give a shit about burn bans as long as they're not stupid about it, or just wait for a light rain to burn. If they ignore you I'd ask the fire department or something.
If this is an "official" job you're working, like paying taxes, not just under the table work, I'd argue that it's not a safe working environment(fumes and such), especially with farm animals. Ask for help and explain the situation to an "official", just to cover your ass.

I'd still just burn it and bury the stones, and build a new one at a different location.
>>
>>17993287
If you will tell him that you found the gravestones and he wants to keep it a secret, he will most likely call the firm and tell them that he doesn't like you or your services, I just was thinking about this one ahead.
>>
>>17993271
Smell can be associated with spirits, maybe they were burned ? maybe they died in the barn, because of turpentine, oil lamp?
When I was younger and into these things I went to a abandoned hospital, when being there for 2 hours, I only started to hear things.
For example as someone was walking in the attic with boots on, my camera batteries dying very fast, temperature change.
Different lives of spirits, different anomalies.
>>
>>17993303
Seems to be a universal theme of burn the barn down thing going on here. The barn is located on farm land so doing a controlled burn is out of the question. It would spread. I'm also not going to burn his barn down, just to be clear. As for burying the stones? I'm not physically strong enough to get them down from the loft. I might be able to carry them but moving them down the ladder isn't possible. I am legally tied to the company also to clarify.

As far as getting the authorities involved, that is another issue. The old man is a retired sheriffs deputy and I know he has frequent visits by other officers. I have seen at least two different men go to his house, one was a uniformed officer who was in his mid 50's and another who might have been his son because he seemed to know where everything was. I do not know what would happen if I told them.
>>
>>17993331

I have not spent an extended period of time in the barn since the last event occurred so I have also not experienced anything unique beyond still smelling the scent while I am out moving machinery around in the field. I don't really want to go back into the barn to be honest and I usually avoid getting to close.
>>
>>17993353
well, what's there to be afraid?
I have never been "attacked" by them, I may be a lunatic in these posts, maybe I am maybe I'm writing shitty and can't express myself right because english is my third language.
But nothing will happen, we fear not the dark, but what's inside of it, we are not afraid of heights, but falling.
and we fear that, what we do not understand, just go for it, you won't die so everything should be fine.
It will be a new interesting experience.
>>
>>17993366
I'm honestly just a dumb hick from Texas man. I don't like messing with these things. I'm afraid because I don't understand it and I don't know what it could do. I like routine and hard work. I'm not the adventurous sort.
>>
>>17993374
It will do nothing, if we go deeper into the paranormal and autistic world, then there are rules for them not to cross, they cannot attack or kill alive beings, if you haven't meditated, or been in some rituals, you will be fine, because if a person does these kind of things, he opens the door for the retards from the afterlife to come and say hello.
If you as I understand haven't been tied with these kind of things, nothing will happen.
If these rules wouldn't apply the life of ours would be very different.
If there is no wish to tie yourself with these kind of things, just change the job.
>>
>>17992906
SPOOKEH

how old is this dude? like would he be able to physicaly overpower you?

next time you go there, feed the animals etc, park your car real close to his front door, talk to him at the front door, tell him about the grave stones and hope he dosent pull a gun at you for messing with his shit, if he gets mad just nope the fuck out of there (thats why you parked your car close to the door)
>>
>>17993374
Go in and try asking questions out loud. Tell it that it is disturbing the animals and to please go away.
>>
>>17993390
He is in his 80's and could not overpower me. He can hardly open his front door anymore. He does have guns, several from what I have seen but I honestly do not even believe he could chamber a single round into any of them but I'm not willing to provoke him over something I don't understand and risk getting killed.
>>
>>17993374
Yea I tend to lean towards your approach. It can still be resolved without getting careless
>>
>>17993414
You should tell him you found a bunch of headstones.
>>
>>17993390
>The man who lives there is in his late 80's and can't move much
I don't believe OP being this pathetic, if he's from texas and loves working with animals, doing hard work..it will not be a problem to overpower a 80 year old one leg in a grave ....
>>
>>17993387
dudes already involved by finding the stones and he explained why he's not leaving the job. but kek'd at the autismo spirits because that much is generally true
>>
>>17992867
>>17992885
>>17992906

Are there any names on these 'gravestones'? Maybe they're just unused ones he just kept up there.
>>
>>17993418
Recommendation?

>>17993420
I'm not going to do that yet.

>>17993422
I don't consider respecting property and life to be pathetic.

>>17993426
Can finding something like that really implicate me in whatever is going on?

>>17993432
There are names, and dates too. The trouble is I can't really read them because they were chipped into the stones with a chisel or something. I also didn't really observe them long enough to remember. Sorry.
>>
>>17993438
Your assuming he put the headstones there himself, but you don't know if he did. He probably didn't you should tell him. Whats he going to do tell you to leave and never come back? Not the apocalypse.
>>
>>17993426
glad you liked, just finding them wont to anything, if he draws a pentagram on them and sacrifices a child for Moloch, then maybe, but I doubt it.
I mean if he leaves he will not be tied with it anymore, for him to have some repercussions, then the child thing.
>>17993438
I meant him to think with his head, a 80 year old dude who barely walks vs a young working texas guy, there was no insult present
>>
>>17993441
I never actually implied he put them there but he was obviously aware they 'are' there. He told me three times on three different occasions to avoid the area and leave it alone. I was not even permitted to take equipment I needed if it had been moved there or anywhere close. There were several times where my pitchfork for the hay had been moved in between the bales on the first floor loft and I had to use a shovel. Ever try moving hay with a shovel? It's basically impossible and you look like an idiot doing it.

In fact, more often than not, common items I work with are just in that area of the barn. Sometimes I will retrieve them, other times I'll use whatever is on hand.
>>
>>17993471
Does stuff end up there during the workday or only at night?
>>
>>17993477
I'm not sure as I'm not there all the time. Sometimes it is there when I arrive in the morning but other than that I do not know. Is this important?
>>
>>17993485
Just trying to figure out if the old guy could be doing it. Are they the sort of things where you would see him moving them and/or he would have significant trouble doing so?
>>
>>17993491
are you implying that the old man goes running around with a turpentine bottle and spraying it around just to fuck with OP?
>>
>>17993443
quite so!
>>17993438
i didn't word that well, sorry! it's just that you had to investigate the smell for the sake of yourself and the animals, and if you aren't leaving then you are at least invested in making the best of the situation. i don't think that finding the stones in and of itself puts you in danger or anything but it does sound like an entity of debatable strength/intelligence forced your hand into unearthing what you found so just keep that in mind
>>
>>17993491
There are tractor components that usually require two people to move. I can't move it without dragging it on the ground. I don't actually use the brushhog, basically a huge mowing deck for the tractor but it has been moved to block the main gate sometimes, right next to the loft. Other smaller items like my chainsaw have been moved there, my wench, my toolkit etc. He couldn't lift any of these things.
>>
>>17993495
He was talking about tool movement. I'm just removing the possibility that the old guy could be moving tools, I'm not saying that he'd be crazy enough to do shit like that. Point taken though, I doubt the old guy would intentionally be fucking with him and putting his own livestock at risk.
>>
>>17993506
Why not set up a trail camera or something near some tools that could likely be moved? That'd prove if it was a human of some sort.
>>
>>17993508
It is really messing with the horses in particular as well. As I said before they don't like change and are use to having the entire property to themselves. They won't usually leave the corner now unless I get them to run which is hard to do. The need to move their legs but now they are just standing off to the side. The cows still move some but never close to the barn. I honestly hate seeing animals like this. It isn't right.

>>17993514
I do have a deer camera that I could use with permission.
>>
File: ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg (44KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg
44KB, 233x300px
>>17993485
The barn is likely built over a graveyard and might have been an illegal construction, hence the octogenarian dishonesty about snakes. The fumes from the now-unmarked graves are noxious and that is causing a neurological disturbance for you. Your company might not be billing their client correctly with respect to possible insurance claims. Your liability is to discuss the evidence with your employer first.

In any case, I bless those souls who have had their graves desecrated; and ask that they find peace in the name of our lord almighty, who is most wise and compassionate.
>>
>>17993541
Amazing what you can do on the internet.
>>
or after all of this bullshit there has been written for 51 posts, it's just corpses smelling like shit
Like this dude says>>17993541
>>
>>17993549
Doesn't explain the tools moving about. Unless ghosts are involved, of course.
>>
>>17993271
Aren't loads of prisoners executed in Huntsville? No idea how that ties in with headstones and horses, but just a thought.
>>
>>17993570
I'm not 100% on that, I believe so.

>>17993541
It is 100 acres of land. Why would a barn be built specifically over a graveyard where so much more land is available.
>>
Land that my parents inhereited (also south texas, deeper south) we had some headstones turned up in the lumberyard. They were older than dirt and weathered badly so we couldnt make out a name. Figured my great grampa just tore it up when he started building.
>>
post some pics OP i wanna see the gravestones .
>>
>>17993581
Perhaps the builders who built the barn did not respect the fact that the graveyard was there, and for some reason found that particular location suitable and better suited for a barn than a place to leave dead bodies.

I may even suggest getting a priest involved, or maybe a medium. You'll have to be discerning, because there are charlatans abounds. If you're as good with animals as I think you are, you should be able to (hopefully) find a genuine person who can help you suss out some more information.

The idea of it being built over a graveyard is very compelling, though. I would say getting the police involved at the behest of your company may be helpful.

"This is OP, I have a situation at Mr. X's house. Lately there has been a smell coming from a particular building on the property, and it is getting to the point where Mr. X's animals are in constant distress, and Mr. X is losing sleep at night because of them. I am afraid that this smell could possibly be toxic, and putting the lives of Mr. X's property and himself at risk. Can we open an investigation to try and get this resolved? I want the best for the client."
>>
File: Buzz_Killington.jpg (10KB, 181x287px) Image search: [Google]
Buzz_Killington.jpg
10KB, 181x287px
A burning plasticy smell can be caused by bad wiring and lights, does the barn have electrical wiring? Is it old? Do you use CFL bulbs? Does the smell seem stronger after turning on the lights? Also does the barn have any sort of climate control system? Freon smells sort of like acetone when it leaks and it would freak animals out.
>>
A few thoughts I've had after skimming through all of the posts

The headstones have some significance to Old Mr. X, whether or not it's related to the matter at hand is difficult to say. He's concealed them for a reason, but it could just as easily be a personal matter over a legal one, they could be his dead relatives' markers for example.

How long have you worked for this guy? How old is the hay covering the headstones? If this guy is 80 and decrepit he probably didn't haul them up there himself at any point in the last few years.

If it's vengeful ghosts causing your barn stink they've probably had decades to do so, why start shit up now? What did you and Mr. X do to set them off?
>>
File: 1424029841820 (1).jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424029841820 (1).jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>17992867
Set up a camera you retard
>>
>>17993495
It's an old man. People that old do all sorts of inexplicable shit for reasons they won't (more likely can't) explain. It's dementia creeping in.

I fully expect that he's the one who moves the tools and that there's no sane reason for that tool-moving.
>>
>>17995002 again
>too old to move anything
He's getting his son or someone else to humor him, but I still bet he's behind it and for no sane reason.

As for that stink...could be a moonshine still or a drug lab hidden around. Try looking for a secret hatch in the floor. The old guy may not know anything about that, but crooked cops are a thing.
>>
Okay, since you aren't ready ask the old man yet, how about you take down some of years and names from the stones? Find county records, search the internet. Maybe finding out about some of these names will yield information.
>>
>>17995099
he said in an earlier post that they were hard to make out
>>
>>17995109
He said there's 40+ headstones. Are they ALL completely fucked up?
>>
>>17995135

OP here. I just woke up.
When I go back to his property later I will take more pictures and get some names for you guys if possible. I need to be discrete though because I don't want him to suspect I'm trying to get him in trouble with anything.
>>
Piss in a bottle for a few weeks then squirt it all over the graves while naked yelling out

O CUM ON THY FACE
>>
OP here again.

I have an update. While working on another site I was informed by my employer that I will only be working the Huntsville job for another week. There was no explanation why so I have a limited time frame to to figure this out now. Sorry guys.
>>
Man...I really wish this was actually happening. Too bad OP is a role playing faggot that will never post any pictures with timestamps for proof, amiriteguise?
>inb4 'was unable to go back due to spo0o0o0o0oky reasons'

You write well though. The only part where you messed up was telling us how much of a simple redneck farmhand your character is supposed to be, even though you speak exceptionally well and are versed in 4chan enough to post and reply perfectly "your first time here". All in all it was a good read.
>>
>>17995527
I have a week left there. I did say that.

Did you just not read it? I also never said it was my first time on 4chan, just this board. I have a current picture of my friend on the farm feeding the horses with me and the side of the barn that smells is in the picture but I didn't think it was significant enough to post.
>>
>>17995562
I actually have multiple pictures of the area in general if you would like to see them.
>>
>>17995574
Start posting OP.
>>
File: c1.jpg (196KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
196KB, 1328x747px
>>17995577
>>
File: CgAAFVekq_6ETZZWAAAAAJulEZ8407.jpg (181KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
CgAAFVekq_6ETZZWAAAAAJulEZ8407.jpg
181KB, 1328x747px
>>17995577

Just thought I'd add that lightening struck this tree on his property and destroyed it.
>>
File: CgAAFVekq_6ERzFFAAAAAAwcUqw262.jpg (204KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
CgAAFVekq_6ERzFFAAAAAAwcUqw262.jpg
204KB, 1328x747px
>>17995577

Basically your typical old person property with random rusted things scattered about.
>>
File: c4.jpg (288KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
c4.jpg
288KB, 1328x747px
>>17995577

The old barn is located to the left in this picture.
>>
>>17992906
Nearest library should have archives of the land and owners. .if it's public record anyone can research it ...do some homework
>>
>>17995166
Guarenteed fix to your problems
>>
Tomorrow I am on scheduled to work for him again. Are there any pictures in particular besides the grave stones that you guys would like me to post a picture of?
>>
>>17996314
Take as much pictures as you can. Just anything that looks suspicious. Then post em here. Im interested
>>
>>17995606
shit those actually are some nice horses. you better look after them good and protect them from any dumb ghost messing around.
>>
Is Texas a good place to go to to get away from crime and corrupt police and U.S. Govt. infringement in general? Also to just generally distance yourself from society?
>>
>>17996840
Beyond all the fucked up history, yes. In response to the guy who didn't believe this was legit I referenced myself as a dumb hick because I'm far from the city now and most of my time is spent with animals and on farms. I use to be a student but it just wasn't for me so I started this line of work to gain some perspective, which I have. If you want to get away from the world, Texas is the place to do it in my opinion.

>>17996820
I will take as many as possible.

>>17996829
Maybe you can understand now why I don't want to just pack up and leave. I love those horses. =(
>>
>>17996858
thanks for keeping us up to date. I've been checking this thread since it was posted. I don't have anything of value to offer you suggestion wise, but I'm very interested in the story, and would like to see pics of the barn and tombstones
>>
>>17996840
But you'll have to deal with local corrupt cops rather than fed
>>
>>17992867
>only going to be working there one more week
possible the old man found out you had shifted the hay, or that he's ready to get rid of the animals for a decent nights sleep
>the smell in the barn
Possible it could be a haunting, if stuff is moving around and there is fear, occasionally scents are also involved. its possible it is something more mundane, I would sprinkle some salt around the barn, not enough to kill the grass, just a little at a time in a circle. theoretically that would seal the barn assuming it was spirits
>beyond this relatively impractical information, I have nothing to really offer
>>
OP you've got me stumped. I'm interested in the supernatural and have actually asked around regarding this, and no one seems to have anything to offer. Me included. However it is worth noting that the old man mentioned there were snakes in the barn, and horses are quite spooked around snakes. Not to mention, when shedding, snakes can smell pretty rank. The only advice I can really offer is to mention it to your boss (you said you work for a company, yes?) because your safety should be of concern to them and they might be able to help.
>>
>>17995617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYNmGMsU18
>>
Monitoring thread OP better deliver.
>>
bamp
>>
>>17999892
OP here. I did not deliver because I was not able to deliver. I will answer questions about it or you guys can abandon the thread or w/e it is you do when something doesn't happen the way you want. When I say I wasn't able to deliver I mean that I could not get the pictures.
>>
>>18000268
but why
>>
>>18000558
I arrived with a Nikon camera which I borrowed from a school friend. I was going to take very particular pictures of the gravestones to allow you guys to analyze them. It was as we suspected before though. The moment I got onto the property I was met by the guy I assumed was his son and he told me I wasn't allowed into the barn and I asked permission to take some pictures of the land and he told me no. I was instructed to finish out the daily routine before 1pm and then to go home.
>>
>>17993142
Kek
>>
>>17993065
where in south texas? maybe the gravestones were located on land (his) that may have been contaminated by some waste runoff/dumpsite?
>>
>>17993374
You're the type of person that draws these adventures.
>>
>>18000879
I can't reveal other than it is close to Huntsville and close to the San Jacinto River.

>>18000928
Yeah, I've noticed and I dislike it.
>>
>>17992906
OP, I know this is /x/ but what you're describing could be a hazardous materials situation. That "cold" feeling could be due to neurological issues stemming (possibly) from exposure to a poisonous material. Could be anything that was dumped there from years ago. Who knowshould what that old timer used in his farm over the years. From a medical standpoint I'd stay away. As for the gravestones, maybe he stole them for a reason? Not like someone who's stolen a bunch of gravestones wants anyone finding about it.
>>
Could the stones be from a family plot site that was removed to build the barn and it's surrounding area? I would think destroying a family grave would cause negative spiritual activity. Can you find any information on the area prior to the old man living there?
>>
>>18001102
The closest chemical dump site is actually the river but that is still a pretty good distance away. There are still a lot of unanswered questions but if the lives of the animals there and the old man included are being threatened I feel obligated to alert the authorities.
>>
>>18001132
There are currently over 30 or 40 gravestones. I doubt they could all be from his family. The man does live alone though.
>>
Post pics faggot
>>
>>17993271
>I'm not going to give out any names
Dude, the guy is 80 years old and probably his only contact with the civilized world is a phone and a TV. It's not like doxxing him will do him any harm.

Just take a photo or some kind of proof, anything will do.
>>
>>18002974
I did post pictures of the farm up above, these are all that I currently have and getting more would involve me doing something illegal I think.
>>
>>18003017
I wouldn't consider some random scenery to be proof of anything. The story is interesting and I'd like to believe you, but you can't deny that being told to do your job and leave just when you were about to take pictures of the actual gravestones is way too convenient.
>>
>>18003052
You're right which is why I suspected the thread to die. I will do what I can, I still have time there but I'm not really sure of what I will be able to do if the son is there at the house.
>>
>>18003075
just do what you can bud. if the thread dies and you get more proof or the activity develops further go ahead and start a new one. We're always interested.
>>
Does the old guy like you? See if you can maybe jyst hang out with him in your free time. Say you really like his horses or whatever, i know horse people are weird like that. Maybe you'll be able to pry some info or he'll let it slip as he gets comfortable.
>>
>>18003190
If there is one type of person I don't like... it's horse people.
>>
>>18003190
He does love his horses which is why he hired me in the first place. Apart from letting him know I'm on the property we have almost zero interaction. His son or his cop friend check on him and he doesn't seem to be very social. People who live on farms in the middle of no where are not typically social people and want to be left alone. He's very strange also. There was an event where he came outside once which lead me to believe he wasn't as frail as the company I work for claimed. He basically patrolled the full distance of his property in the bobcat, basically a golf cart. He never once went near the old barn but the entire time he was outside he was actually watching me I'm sure. It was only my third day there.

I have a small update by the way. The area where his property is located was settled some time in the 1800's. The two towns were built beside the San Jacinto river but his property is situated within a 3-5 minute walking distance from the river. From what I uncovered by looking at the Trinity Library records is that there were many graveyards originally built beside the river because it provided a nice view or something in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The river had a tendency to flood though and some of the caskets actually sunk into the river.

Something else, this could mean there are actually corpses lining the river near his house. I also theorized that the gravestones could have been something he collected from beside the river and simply brought back to his property but this is premature. That's more for you guys to build on I suppose.
>>
Once again OP is a faggot and delivers nothing aside from some farm pictures and a lame excuse.
>>
>>18003241
I'm not trying to make excuses, as I said before I still have time there and I am working on it. Sorry.
>>
You live in a game of the Sims and somebody stored the gravestones of people he drowned in a pool inside of that barn. The animals just freak out because of all the Sims ghosts.
>>
Why is this so complicated? Call pest control. Tell them there's a foul smell and tons of snakes in the barn. Do it in front of old guy. Tell him smell is freaking out animals, which he wanted you to figure out in the first place. If he flips, ask old cripple why. If he doesn't, let pest control find the gravestones, they report it to cops, out make a big deal over it, so it's like they discovered it instead of you. Cops come, and if it's some sort of crime scene, they'll clean the barn, problems all solved while you were just helping. You don't even have to go near it. Or, y'know, don't be afraid of an old guy and ask him why tombstones are in his barn. That's the easy thing.
>>
>>18003266
Earlier in the thread I did say he was a retired sheriffs deputy and another officer frequently visits his home. I'm pretty sure both he and his friend are already aware of the smell. Also, I'm not at all afraid of the guy, if anything I feel sorry for him because he can't do anything for himself anymore. I'm trying to handle this delicately which admittedly is perhaps the wrong approach but I'm not the type of person to do anything without first considering the consequences.
>>
>>18003266
OP said he's a retired sheriff and has connections in the police department. Seems like an easy way to get fucked up by corrupt cops in the middle of nowhere if something fishy is indeed going on, he's better off staying low
>>
Bump, I'm hoping this goes somewhere, keep at it OP
>>
>>17993271
Just found this thread now, so, bear with me when my advice has already been given before.

$HERE there has been one incident of bad smells in a barn about a year before. Nothing paranormal, but maybe even more dangerous. Some old fart had buried a shitload of insect poison in his barn in the 1920s. He died in the 60s, and ofc told noone of it. As said, a year or so ago it went bad enough to eat through the now aged containers and reeked like shit. the fun part was when the bomb squat had to show up to clean up things because it had underwent some serious chemcal reactions making if highly explosive. Sooo...... burning down that fuckin barn might not exactly a good idea.
>>
>>17994864
>A burning plasticy smell can be caused by bad wiring and lights, does the barn have electrical wiring?

A touch of common sense and logic. A rare find on /x/
>>
>>18005177

That was actually something I had suspected when it first started but the smoke smell only lingered about a day or so. The wiring in the barn isn't bad to my knowledge. The old man has enough money to hire people who know what they are doing. I won't rule it out as a possibility though.
>>
This was a fun read but the climax didn't happen. Damn..
>>
I don't think this has been answered before. How long have you been working for the man? Just curious. Oh and can you ask your company why you have to leave the farm?
>>
>>18005369

Even if I did ask they wouldn't tell me but for your sake anon I'll give it a shot. I don't work today so I can call them pretty much whenever. I've been working for the man for around three months now and he and I have never once had a problem. The longest conversation we had was in regards to how far I had to walk to get his mail for him.
>>
>>18005375
Thanks for the reply op. Since you're going to leave soon anyway I guess you could just ask the man straightforward but I understand that's a great risk to take. Hm, that's a pretty long time - how often did you see his son, did you ever catch him go inside the barn?
>>
>>18005384
Only recently did the son go anywhere other than the house and that was to tell me to go home early. I have never seen him do anything on the farm other than that but I do know he could very possibly move things around when I am not there. I'm in no way trying to push the possibility of something paranormal going on there and I only have the pictures above to prove I actually have been there.

It is hard to explain because most of what is happening, beyond the smell is a physical feeling which effects both me and the horses. The best way I can explain it is like magnetism and I'm being pushed away from the barn. Everywhere else on the farm feels fine and welcoming because it is a large open field and the sun hits everything. It's very beautiful but the barn is the opposite and I've even felt sick while working in there.
>>
I believe you and respect how you're careful & caring about the whole situation. The barn pics are enough proof, unfortunate that you're now unable to approach the headstones though.

Did you leave everything uncovered & obvious you saw the stones, or did you fix the hay the way it was? If they're firing you because they know you saw (which is most likely the case) then what they want to hide is obviously related to the gravestones.

The sudden smell though...from what I understand the man complained about the animal noise, not the smell, right? Is he pretending not to notice? Does he even smell it? Are you...the only human being that realizes it stinks?

Paranormal stuff aside try getting a detector for hazardous materials. There was a redditor who got poisoned by carbon monoxide...old building, dangerous material, bad air, toxic effects. Or hidden illegal stuff, who knows? There's a fucking Wikipedia article about Health risks from dead bodes (not implying there is some in the barn). If a high number shows up, then no reason to report it to WHO or whatever there is. Maybe not the cops due to his ties but still.
>>
Aaaand welp, obvious as fuck I don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry I wasn't much of a help, but good luck anon and keep us updated. Maybe post in other websites as well.
>>
File: 2016-08-08 10.26.53.png (1MB, 942x622px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-08 10.26.53.png
1MB, 942x622px
>>18000580
Why do I come to these threads
>>
>>18005476
Whenever I leave I don't typically feel sick anymore, just going to address that right now. It is only when I am there do I actually feel like anything is wrong - also, I do not know if the old man can smell it or not but the area was used for terrace farming a very long time ago from what I understand so the smell follows the wind and travels down the pasture. The horses situate themselves off to the corner so it doesn't get close to them. He hasn't mentioned anything to me about.

Also, I do know the animals are still all going a little crazy at night because he did actually bring that up to me a couple of days ago.

" Hey you try to get those animals to quiet down tonight if ya can. " Were his exact words.
>>
>>18005502
I really didn't mean to disappoint anyone man. Originally I was just looking for advice and had no intent on starting an investigation. I came unprepared and that was my fault.
>>
>>18005580

No worries.
>>
File: 1341005023212.png (105KB, 313x331px) Image search: [Google]
1341005023212.png
105KB, 313x331px
>>18000580
>his Sneak level is only 24

how many days you got left OP, and you there all day/couple hours/varies? there's gotta be 5-10 minutes in there somewhere to run in snap some pics and gtfo before Jimbob Gruey and his Pappy Longbottom find out
>>
>>17992867
For a dude like you who work in a farm,the way you type too intelligent to work at that place,please dont rp like reddit.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 600x750px
>>18006668
OP already said he used to be a student and just wanted to get out of the city
nothing weird with that.
>>
>>18006668

>>18006783

This is true. I understand the confusion but I don't consider myself to be very intelligent. I'm on 4chan looking for advice after all. I'm back with another small update though. The San Jacinto river did serve as a dumping ground for all kinds of toxic chemicals but prior to them dumping these chemicals into the river the companies involved in the investigation were just instead dumping them in the woods or on private property where people wouldn't notice. I don't know the names of these companies but it is at very least another piece of the puzzle.
>>
>>18006612

Sorry, I did not see your reply. There have actually been multiple opportunities presented where I could have taken pictures prior to posting on this board however with my recent mini-investigation his son has been hanging around the house a lot more. I do not go back until Wednesday but if his son is not there I will have the pictures you guys need. I'm not going to touch them though but I will take surface pictures with the names and dates on them if that is a possibility.
>>
>>18006802
So, my idea of maybe a stash of chemicals (fertilizer, DDT, E605, to name only a few ) gone bad might be valid after all. Pro Tip- be VERY careful with fire around there. Dont stay in there long, try to air that shit barn out for a while. Breathing masks are usually only partikle masks, filtering out airborne dust and shit. No use against even petrol fumes.
If you manage to get pictures, please try one or two from a shallow angle, not only the full frontal.
Take care.
>>
bump
excited for wednesday update
>>
OP, got a question and maybe a solution. When you say "second loft" you mean like a second floor, that you use a ladder or something to get up to? Also do you think the barn is old enough that the weight of the gravestones could get the flooring to collapse under them (maybe with a little encouragement)? You could tell him it collapsed under the weight of some old gravestones that were in the hay.

On another note, we as humans tend to think that if we got some secret like that we'll die before we reveal the truth, yet age often changes your outlook on that. While he obviously didn't want you to stick your nose into it, if you genuinely seem concerned about it and maybe pressure him about how something would get there or why it'd be there when it could pose a threat to the animals (in the case it could fall through the floor and crush one, or even you). If he tries to just say he, "got old and forgot about it" then he is likely thinking about or remembering something that you might get him to reveal. Regardless of how you approach it, if you confront him about it he might (begrudgingly) tell you. You can always tell him it's making you uneasy and that it seems to be the source of his animal problems. Old people can decide that it's not worth taking to their grave if someone they care about or trust finds out. Hope things work out. If you do take my probably moronic approach, remember to not be too aggressive about it or you'll make all parties uncomfortable.

Used my phone so I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>18008470
There are four upper lofts, each of which are located on the second floor. It isn't really a floor as much as it is a large wooden overhang suspended by large wooden beams. The grave stones are located on one of these four small platforms. They are all connected to one another to form this square type outline which overlooks the first floor. From what I understand it use to be filled with hay but the only hay that was left was positioned in one corner where the gravestones were. The rest of the items up there are for the most part junk. I have not looked through it as he didn't want me to go up there.

This old guy is a real hard ass though. He isn't the type to talk about anything and keeps his conversations short. His son may take care of them but I know for a fact they do not get along and on several occasions I have seen him leaving the property while cursing up a storm. The other officer who visits him doesn't really seem to want to be there but might have some obligation to him I don't know about. I know he will not listen and that he will not be willing to impart any information to me that might come back to bite him.
>>
>>17993220
Don't forget to cast magic missile for when the kobold jumps out of the haystack.
>>
>>18009280
Wouldn't it make more sense to attack the darkness?
>>
So it's either dead bodies rotting causing neurological effects, maybe ghosts, or a ton of illegalally dumped chemical waste.
Quite the choice OP but all we can say is be careful.
>>
>>18009459

I can honestly say I've never encountered a situation like this before. I'm not looking forward to being there again.
>>
>>18003261

Holy shit, top kek to you. I haven't had such a good laugh all day.
>>
>>17992867
Go take pics and send them here for us to see what's goin on.
>>
I dont think it's inherent that the farmer is doing something illegal storing a bunch of gravestones. The city could have relocated a bunch of bodies from an old cemetery on land someone purchased and the headstones are up for grabs. Perhaps he's hiding a federal felony desecrating an old cemetery on his property to repurpose it as farmland. It would be a bitch to brush hog that area otherwise and give an area for snakes to hide and bite. Perhaps the old barn is a repurposed old church and the gravestones sat out front. Not my concern.

My guess is the smell is from decomposing old lumber that barn is built from. Possibly creosote which is an aenasthetic, irritant and carcinogen. The wood gets hot and fumes off at night. The animals have more olfactory glands and it irritates them more. Possibly the farmer is so accustomed to the smell he doesn't notice it.

I'd let him know. Like hey buddy I was trying to fix your problem with the animal noise and was guessing the smell was coming from the old hay and found a bunch of head stones I dont care about but know I think it's whatever they used to treat the lumber in that barn fuming but I dont really care anymore so fuck off partner.
>>
Holy shit OP, youre pretty close to me. Huntsville is like 15 minutes from my place. Lots of weird shit goes on around there I hear.
>>
>>17992885
Minor comment for future reference, but "weather" is stuff like rain and sunshine, word you're looking for is "whether". Great story so far though.
>>
>>17996840
You trade one hell for another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agIt-s0wLLg
>>
>>17993303
Okie fag here. Cops in Guthrie are "cool" like that? I'm damn surprised. All the shit splat towns I've lived at here had the WORST cops. Ever since I became a big city baby I've never had trouble with them.
>>
Honestly it is probably rotting or moldy wood in the barn. If it is made of poplar, even more likely.

That or some kind of chemicals.

You probably got the chill from inhaling fumes.
Pls take care of those poor horsies :(
>>
>>17995527
BTFO!!!!
>just a roleplayer
You must really feel retarded. Dont lose sleep over it!
>>
>>17997121
Local cops are far less likely to be corrupt than city cops. Reason being that his family will end up dealing with the reprocussions of him being corrupt. And dont say he'll just arrest everyone fucking with him. He cant lock up the whole town. A town where everyone knows everyone. One cop can easily become an outcast in that situation.
>>
Old barns have a habit of burning down, stone doesnt burn. Burn it let the fire marshal and police ask the old guy why they found a stash of old gravestones in the rubble. Just wait for a thunderstorm if your scared of being caught as arsonist, lightning cant be blamed on anyone.
>>
>>18012729
Its not that easy. Fire marshalls investigate into the cause of a fire. You can hope hes lazy and writes it off as lightning but if they interview the old man and he doesnt recall hearing a house shaking boom that night, then no lightning struck the property and they start searching for accelerant.
>>
>>18012775

Could always make it look like someone was squatting in there, some bottles, bedding general trash a old pack with BS insidemaybe some mexican candy wrappers for the lulz etc. Lit cigarette into the hay. I mean the old guy can barely move and OP has the cover story of being told to stay out and having moved the animals out a week before under the old guys orders to get them quiet. Bums and illegals passing through cause fires all the time.
>>
>>17992867
Alright OP, first of all, pics + timestamp next time you go to the farm.

Do not inform the farmer you saw what you did. /x/fags will most likely assume the place is haunted because animals are "sensitive" to paranormal shit, but until you experience it yourself it's not the case.

Try to do some research in the local area around it about what had happened. Maybe write a few of the names down and ask around about them.
>>
Umm I really don't know what it is but if I had to guess it would be a boogly woogly just because of the smell.
Get a UV light, some kosher salt, and a bismuth knife.
Seal every exit with the kosher salt and scan the barn with ur UV lamp AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TURN IT OFF. Look in every nook and cranny. You can either do this in the day (boogly will be hibernating but can slip away easier) or night (boogly will be active doing stupid boogly stuff). They like to hide in dark spots so look everywhere. When you find it (if you do) shine the UV light on it and throw salt on it or stab it with a bismuth blade (steel won't do anything).
>>
Op hmu i live in Houston I'd like to come work and see all the strange stuff
>>
OP here.

Bit of good and bad news. The bad news is I didn't go today because the creek was being worked on so the bridge by it wouldn't collapse. The good news is I got to speak to the son and I leveled with him about my concern for the animals there. I didn't ask about the gravestones but it was true, the old man had called the company I worked for and ask I be replaced with someone new. After talking to the son about my snooping around I learned the guy was just worried I was stealing stuff. As a result of the conversation I am being allowed to remain on the property so I will be able to provide you guys with a full album of pictures. Thank you all for being patient.
>>
>>18012916
Can't believe no one in the thread brought it up but what about skinwalkers?

People complain about bad smell when there's skinwalkers near them. Skinwalkers scare animals. They could be the ones moving your tool.
>>
>>18013335
How is this even related? Pretty obviously it's all satan's work.
See, this thread was created at 08/05/16
8+5+16 = 29
2+9 = 11
29 - 11 = 18
18 = 6 * 3 -> 666
Holy hell, why didn't anyone notice?

Seriously, if OP didn't lie, there is some real shit is happening, not your spooky fairytales.
>>
>>18013355

A lot of people here, from what I have browsed over the site make some pretty extraordinary claims and most of what I have read on here just seems to be false. I have not posted anything insane, I just work on this farm, that's all. My only interest was getting some advice on what could be going on but now I'm wrapped up in this investigation and I'm even more weirded out now thanks to this comment. I'm fairly apprehensive about going back now. Something doesn't seem right.
>>
>>18013411
There are Native American legends of skinwalkers. I suggest you to google skinwalker and read what seems interesting then come back and say if it sounds like a possibility.
>>
>>18013418

I don't want to entertain the notion of something horrifying inhabiting the same place I happen work.
>>
>>17992867

tl;dr just leave bro

Kinda sounds like he bought the place, and then stumbled across some long forgotten graveyard on the property. Rather than deal with that mess, he gathered up the headstones, hid them in the barn, and went about farm business as usual. Guessing he's been there quite a while and the description of the hay/loft area suggests the stones have been there a while as well, so not sure why now the animals are acting up.

The old guy isn't making a lot of sense though. Why would he ask farmanon to check into the odd animal activity if he's worried that farmanon might stumble onto something he wants hidden?

I guess maybe the farmer was hoping it was something mundane and not related to whatever the deal is with the stones in the barn.

Farmanon, I'd bail if I were you. The farmer's behavior clearly suggests he knows he's done something he shouldn't, might not want you spreading the word, and is buddies with local law enforcement. Not a good combination.

Whatever is going on in the barn, whether chemical, electrical, paranormal, or whatever, isn't healthy. Listen to the animals, and stay the hell away.
>>
>>17992867
If you value your life you will never go anywhere near there ever again, especially the barn. Have you ever witnissed the old man sleep? Regardless, if you insist on going back take some monoatomic gold with you. Buy some online and have it overnighted to you. It's the only thing that will protect you from whatever is there.
>>
File: Born in 1746, Hannah Stilley.jpg (56KB, 400x561px) Image search: [Google]
Born in 1746, Hannah Stilley.jpg
56KB, 400x561px
Take close up pictures of the stones.

Take the names and dates to the local historical society, old churches in the area, the state census authority and bureau of births, deaths and marriages (or whatever they call it in Texas). You can even probably try sites like ancestry dot com.

It might cost you a bit of money, but it's the safest way to investigate, and you could probably crowd fund it.

Sorry to be all practical and shit, but it's the best route to the bottom of the mystery.
>>
>>17993495
And he would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids and you're message board
>>
OP, Occam's razor is saying here that the problem is most likely chemical in nature.
Ask the old man or the son about the horrible smell.

You said you had cleared the hay on the tombstones. You said that your tools were moved in your absence.
That means that they (or one of them at least) know that you've seen the stones.
For me there's nothing illegal going around the headstones, it's just that they are very precious to the old man (they were famous bandits ? Relatives ? Or remind him of something) and he doesn't want you to take them/screw around with them.
He seems like an old fart as well and can't be bothered explaining anything to anyone.

If he hired you, he's concerned about the well being of his animals. Tell him that the smell is what is probably bothering them and annoying him. Just that.

Then, those are just my two cents and I'm not from around where you live so... take it or leave it, but continue posting, great thread !
>>
>>17993065
Perhaps the stones are connected to spirits?
>>
bump, i don't want to see it die before we get pics
>>
>>18014757

OP here for clarity.

Half the people here say I should literally run for my life and the other half demand pictures. I don't want to go back if there is a legitimate threat to my well being. As much as I love animals I value my own life too. I'd like an informed opinion on what could be going on before I decide on going back or not. I'm not going to willfully put my life in danger if I can avoid, no one else here would either.. I think.
>>
>>18014772
There's nothing dangerous, it's just anons fucking with you.
>>
>>18014772
>/x/
>really beliving shit
Anon, for real, half the dudes over here are just fic writers who like to fuck around with afraid people. Just check it, let us see shit, check the wires and be wary of fires because everything is fucking old, also the smell becomes stronger during the night, just the time when you probably start turning on the lights
>>
>>18014826
also if you smell ozone you probably have some bare/melted wires, a generator failure if you use one, a fuckhuge tempest or a fucking poltergeist
>>
>>18014826
shh you're not supposed to tell him that.
>>
just call Sam & Dean
>>
>>17993065
>The animals are suffering as a result of it too.
Inform animal care service or something about horses and cows, ask for their assistance and guide them towards the stones.

Basically let the feds do the sniffing around
>>
>>18014772
Don't worry OP, you'll be absolutely fine. As long as you just take solid photos, you'll never have to go in again since you have all the proof and info you need. Nothing will hurt you, you'll be fine.
>>
OP just go back and take the pictures. There is no harm to your life other than the old man finding out you took pictures and whatever repercussions that will follow.

It is most likely spirits stuck in the lower astral realms due to them still having some connection with the physical they can't let go of for some reason most likely related to their death or some traumatic events when they were living their physical life. The chills you got was them passing through you as you felt their energy, but could not see them as they are on another frequency in the lower astral. This is very common. The animals can feel this as well. I am not sure why all of a sudden they would start haunting the barn out of nowhere tho, but maybe activity in the area influenced them. Maybe they were placed there recently? These spirits honestly just need to release themselves from their connection from this place/their past life somehow so they can go on with their existence, so some medium or something would be needed to contact them or something, sorry but I am not on expert on that stuff.

It would not make sense for the smell to start out of no where if chemicals were dumped on this site such a long time ago and why would it only smell at night?
>>
>>17992982
If the spirits were evil they would have killed him by now. Only a coward runs away from such an opportunity to learn more about the world.

I would recommend to OP to go to the gravestones at night, instil good faith into your heart and welcome the spirits - and burn turpentine to make them know you're there.
Carry a knife in your sock, but make sure you forget it's there so they won't know. When they approach, speak to them - if your suspicions say they're evil stab one whilst saying 'death to all evil who wanders'
>>
>>18015428
exactly. do what anon says. I would love to have that kind of opportunity. maybe carry some salt with you too.
>>
>>18013335
HURDEDUH SKIN WALKERS LMAO

Fuck off. The sooner /x/ gets rid of you skinwalkerfags the better. You're like /pol/ with the jews: everything is the result of skinwalkers.
>>
File: bb8.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bb8.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
>>18014772
Hey pal, your story is interesting but until you post images of gravestones it's nothing. You can't expect people to help you while you can be easily a roleplaying homo like 90% of /x/'s userbase.
>>
File: aleistercrowley022108.jpg (82KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
aleistercrowley022108.jpg
82KB, 350x525px
>>18015490
Everything here is a work of fiction.
>>
>>18015428
Did... Did you seriously tell him to stab a ghost?
>>
>>18015512
Yeah, I knew this guy from Colombia who had ghosts in his house once and apparently what you do is you stab the ghost to hurt them. I think it's do with the fact that stabbing a ghost is a lot like stabbing a waving cloth (it disturbs the frequency of the cloth and it's form).
>>
For the love of Allah OP, just tell the old man there's a smell in the barn that scares the animals and causes them to make noise. Tell him he has to address the smell if he wants the animals to stop making noise and then let him do whatever he wants.

If you're not okay w/ that, then start breaking some laws and get your hands on those tombstones again.

Sometimes I wonder how /x/ handles everyday conflicts.
>>
>>18015550
But, where is that smell coming from? And the hidden tombstones in a barn (no less) is slightly disturbing. Something is suspicious here, which you can't waft away as ordinary.
>>
>>18015568
I don't know where the smell is coming from. I couldn't tell you as I'm not there. It could be human corpses, dead snakes, bad chemicals, ghosts, or a variety of a long list of things.

All I know is the old man has to address the issue or OP has to start breaking laws and handle it himself.

Tombstones being on top of a lot is definitely suspicious. Is it paranormal? IDK. Either way, OP either investigates the issue further or tells the old man and calls it a day.
>>
Gravestones on the loft, on the upper floor? Are all of you fucking retarded?
Why would anyone lift 40 heavy stones and hide then in hay, while it's easier to just bury them in the ground?
Evil spirits after so many years? Even if we assume some graves have been disturbed, it was many years ago. But animals start to panic only now?
Occam's razor, bitch
>>
956 gang oh shit waddup
>>
>>17992906
you say the stones are semi-circular. perhaps they are mill stones and not grave stones
>>
I have some friends who live on the Gulf Coast near the Florida Panhandle and there have been panther sightings recently. Perhaps that is what spooked your horses.

Puma/Florida Panthers sometimes like to hunt from higher ground than their intended prey, maybe one hid in the loft.
>>
OP here.

If you're expecting pictures, stop reading now. If you want an explanation see below.

I was scheduled to go in today. Again, I brought my camera with me and I even had permission from the son to take pictures despite not mentioning the grave stones which was the entire focus of my reason for having it. I was about a half hour late because I thought the construction crews would still be there working on the bridge but there wasn't anyone around. I assume they were on break because all the equipment was laying around. Whenever I pulled up to the property I felt like I had gone to the wrong place because there were multiple cars there, some of them were police cars and others were just trucks. I counted fourteen in total since details seem to be important. Everything I am telling you here is absolutely true and I need to stress that before continuing. You can believe this or not, it doesn't make any difference either way.

My routine is simple. I arrive. I knock on the door to announce I'm going to work so he knows I am there. No one answered the door. I went inside, the door was unlocked. Looking around the house took all of thirty seconds because it is so small but there was absolutely no one inside. I went outside and walked around the property for a minute looking for any sign of life before I realized, all the horses and cows were gone. The only animal nearby was a group of crows which had gathered on top of the barn. I dislike crows because they are obnoxious and loud but fortunately they weren't making a lot of noise. I'll admit, I was already a little freaked out because I hadn't talked to the old man for a few days so I didn't know what could be going on. I still put out the feed for them in the event they were hiding somewhere in the back and just hadn't heard me - they always come when they hear me because they associate me with food.
>>
>>18019612

I hear another car pulling out while I'm still dragging around the meal for them and I'm more than relieved to see it's the son who I actually have been getting along with. Something is wrong though because he doesn't acknowledge me even though he saw me and instead runs into the old mans house, runs out back to his car and gets on his phone. After a minute he didn't talk to anyone and finally looked over towards the field where there were still no animals. I went over to him and started to talk but he interrupted me and told me I had to leave and not come back. I naturally asked what was wrong, he wouldn't just say that? He told me there is something going on up there in the woods and he isn't sure what it is. He pointed at the tree line where there old man drove near on the first day I began there. I thought he was just watching me but he was doing something else I couldn't see because it was over the bluff.

At this point I was getting impatient but he was panicking and I could see it on his face. I wanted to know where the fucking animals were at but he either didn't know or wouldn't tell me. His mind seemed to be all over the place. I informed him I was going to call the police but I had to back track on that one because the police are presently there, like.. there are two squad cars sitting less than twenty feet from me. At that moment I kind of felt the same helpless feeling he did. There was a need for him to level with me about what was going on but he just wouldn't tell me even though I felt like he knew. He would not say, no matter what I tried. I asked if he wanted me to leave but he didn't seem to respond well to that, he paced a lot during the conversation. I know the animals couldn't have gone far because the two trailers were still there. It was at this point I asked him, straight up like you guys wanted about the gravestones and he looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about.
>>
>>18019627

He asked me to show me where I had found them and I started to walk to the barn but he instantly realized where I was leading them and wanted to know if I had messed with them any, it's important to note he stopped following me here. I just said I found them hidden under some hay. He told me he didn't know they were there but he did know where they had come from. He did not elaborate on this. When I questioned him about it,(important to note he is visibly upset) he informed me they did in fact come from a cemetery but not one close by. The name of the cemetery they came from is called Martha Chapel Cemetery which is around 45 minutes away. He didn't know why they were there and after telling me this he just told me it wasn't safe to be there anymore. He said he would call the company for the old man and tell them I did a good job and I wouldn't be needed anymore.

After this, he refused to respond further and was extremely apprehensive about my questions and simply wanted me gone. I gave him my full contact information and told him to call me with an update on the animals when he could. When I was leaving it felt strange. In Texas, it is very hot but I felt physically ill, the kind of sick feeling you get when your muscles hurt and there is pain behind your eyes. I still feel this way even while I'm typing this out to you guys. I will answer a few more questions then I'm done with this. I've resolved to not go back.
>>
>>18019640
Best not to think about it anymore, OP. Just move on with life.
>>
>>18019646
Fuck you.
>>18019640
The barn is your life investigation now. You can't leave now.
>>
>>18019640
You still didn't explain why you didn't take any photos.
I want to believe you, but whole thing becomes more and more fake as you keep finding excuses to not provide any proofs.
>>
Believe whatever want. I don't care anymore.
>>
>>18019667
Just admit you were roleplaying.
>>
successful troll is successful
well done OP, I hope you feel good about your little roleplay, you had us all going
>>
Martha Chapel Cemetery is an allegedly haunted boneyard near Huntsville Texas. If OP really is a LARPer, he's impressively detailed (at least compared to most)

real or not OP thanks for sharing, it was entertaining
>>
>>18014169
kek
>>
>>18009280
/thread
>>
Good job OP, enjoyable threads on /x/ are hard to come by these days
>>
>>18009370
Summoner?
>>
>>18019640

Somehow i understand you. Whatever there is going on, it sounds like it would be a bad idea to be caught in it.

Just one thing- if there happen to be any related newspaper articles come the next days or weeks, a link to them would be ace.
>>
>read first post
>scroll down to bottom of thread
>read last post

Oh, look, nothing happened in a role playing thread. This never happens all day every day on /x/...the board that NEVER delivers shit.
>>
>>17993220
Good tips, Anon.
I'm not OP, but noted.
>>
File: BUNE.jpg (51KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
BUNE.jpg
51KB, 576x768px
>>18003241
I disagree. I think it's interesting, even if he can't get pics of the tombstones. The pics of the land were pretty and had an unsettling atmosphere, which I appreciate.
Good luck and stay safe, OP.
>>
>>18003277
I think you're going about it in a sensible way.
I don't understand the people who say to immediately call the cops.
>>
>>17992906
I once found a old gravestone from the cellar of my barn ( I live on a farm) the stone was replaced whit cast iron gravestone at somepoint and is now stored there. Maybe it is the same case with the stones you found
>>
>>18019640
Strange. I wonder what happened. With the animals and old man missing and the cops.
A lot to speculate on here.
Thanks for the detailed info, OP.
>>
>>17993142
>>
>>17995135
if they are hard to read, paper and shading is a thing, y'know, charcoal or something plus paper over something with indentions to make out various things, like putting a pattern on paper?
>>
I followed this daily and am sad it's over, but thanks for sharing the story and good luck OP. Be safe.
>>
>>18019640
I TOLD YOU TO FUCKING STAB THE SPIRITS YOU GAY PUSSY CUNT!
WHY HAVEN'T YOU STABBED THOSE FUCKING ANNOYING GHOSTS YET!

YOU ARE THE WORST DETECTIVE EVER!
>>
>>18015386
well, i'm not huge on chemistry, but if these are chemicals, i guess they could start reacting with some particular properties in lower temperatures, but it's a really wild guess, since all i know of that, is that temperature only affects the reaction speed
>>
>>17993387
Kek
Yeah meditation is so evil
Inner peace is the devil. Only repeatedly muttering self deprication to the flying zombie Jew will save us.
>>
>>18005122
Consider this OP if not a rollplayer.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.