/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in karma?How's yours? What do you do to improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 1420013624670.png (36KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
1420013624670.png
36KB, 675x559px
Do you believe in karma?How's yours?
What do you do to improve it?
(Does suicide give you bad karma for reincarnation?)
>>
>>17992476
Not on 4chan. In some places it works, but not here. It usualy works by being a good poster that contributes to threads
>>
my karma is maximum
>>
yeah, i believe action causes effects
exactly how is 2deep4me
a good book on the subject (which can be found somewhere online) is the third part of Aghora-trilogy by Dr. Robert Svoboda - "Karma". Kinda scratches the surface on how it's pretty complex from everyday point of view
>>
>>17992476
Yes.

Complicated.

Nothing - good or bad, karma is imprisoning, tolerate the effects and work on removing yourself from samsara.

I've never seen scripture quoted for this, but my understanding is suicide leaves one trapped in their mental body - retaining all their desires but having no way to act on them - for the rest of their allotted lifespan. After that the cycle of samsara continues.

Karma isn't supposed to be seen as magical. Really, it's in competition to that. Karma is the idea that your actions affect how the world acts toward you. Instead of "the Gods" or Fate determining your path, karma says YOU are the ultimate architect of your travels in the material world. Did you study for the test, or did you slack off? Barring other factors, your karma will be to pass or fail respectively.
>>
>>17992476
If karma was real there would never be a such thing as a dictator. Millionaires do horrible shit and live kick ass lives. It's simply not real.
>>
File: 1458077863570.gif (3MB, 598x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458077863570.gif
3MB, 598x800px
>>17992476
Karma is real, it is a rather complicated system that permeates all reality and affects all conscious lifeforms. Basically if you choose take on some of the universe's suffering and/or actively lessen it for others you get some karma points. They are lost if you do the opposite. They are redeemed at death and affect your after-death experience. (Karma Points is a useful but not entirely accurate analogy they kinda flow around and can apply to groups as well)
Suicide harms others a lot by causing unnecessary sadness and strife and is probably a bad idea unless you are legitametly a terrible person it won't do you any good. Depression can be overcome.

Falling in line with lots of religious doctrines can help ensure good karma though humanity is gradually growing out of Abrahamic dogmatism (awareness of much higher powers and lifeforms is useful and one thing they serve to teach), but liberty and possession of one's self is also very important in the grand scheme.
>>
>>17992787
Karma's most potent effects are after death. Shitty millionaires will learn a lesson, hopefully later in life, but definitely after death. I guarantee they fear what is coming after this life, and it's not just apprehension about the unknown. Most spiritual doctrines promise punishment for shittiness.

Karma's real time effects tend to be subtle, but can have "butterfly effect" long term consequences.

Dictators are another thing but instead of squandering wealth they squander power. It can be noted that they both serve as negative examples to the karmically aware.

Your straw man is useful to ponder but not a reason to disregard karma.
>>
>>17993612
>Shitty millionaires will learn a lesson
>I HATE PEOPLE WHO MANAGED TO MAKE IT FAR IN LIFE BECAUSE I DIDN'T :(
>>
>>17993652
Hey, plenty of millionaires and billionaires are great people. But shitty people are still shitty and that's the important part. Believe it or not shitty poor people also get karmic punishment.

Low tier greentexting desu.
>>
>>17993687
>Believe it or not shitty poor people also get karmic punishment
I'm a piece of shit, and I'm poor. Luckiy I do not believe in karma (never been affected by it, am a jerk, great things happen to me, am really kind, get treated like shit) and neither do I believe in reincarnation (wouldn't want to live on this planet another time anyway).
>>
You can't really not believe in karma. It means action. It is simply an action and a result. All good and bad happenings.

The idea of an omnipotent god that governs all you do is the christian philosophy of king and servant, which is symbolized throughout the religion.
>>
>>17992476

The doctrine of karma originated from vedic literature. It is a simple cause and effect.
Your atman is pure, it is SAT (existence) , CHIT (Higher level of consciousness), Ananda (Peace). But right now it is sleeping.
So imagine this, YOU are part of paramatman (supersoul). YOU are nirguna( without any nature). There is no good or bad. Good/ bad are a perception of human mind. Paramatman is pure (just like your atman). So if you want to merge with the supreme conscious then you have to get rid of karma. The whole hindu philosophy is based on removing dualities. This is the purpose of Karma.
Buddhists adopted the concept of karma in their philosophy but rejected atman and nondual nature. They borrowed the concept and made it stupid.
>>
>>17994207

if there were an atmamn thats pure, we couldnt be affected by karma. If there were an impure atman we could never be free of karma or impurity
>>
>>17993781

it means volition
>>
>>17994233
We AREN'T affected by karma. We dream we are. That is Maya.
>>
>>17993781
redpill right here ppl
>>
>>17994250

what is it thats dreaming?
>>
>>17992476
Yes. I try to live my life modest as possible, giving and sharing positive energy and toughts to others. I meditate and keep my mind clear, pure. Karma will not most likely affect you in your current life, not even second after reincarnation. But karma is always present in samsara. Your single negative, selfish taught will affect somehow. Even in a tiniest way. Mostly in your own mind and wellness, cause negative thinking makes you (and those you affect) more negative and unhappy.
Suicide makes bad karma. It's not your fault of course, if you end up in a situation where you can't hang on anymore, but that's just how it is. You may be miserable and have shitty karma not because of your own past actions, but others. So if you treat others better you can heal their karma and you do great things for yourself too.
>>
>>17994844
Jivatma. The living soul. The marginal energy of the Godhead. An infinitesimal spark, part and parcel of the Infinite Whole. As >>17994207 said, the dharma of the soul is eternal knowledge/awareness and bliss. The symptom of the soul observable in the material realm is awareness.
>>
>>17994233

Dont think of pure as in good or bad. Atman is nirguna, it has no nature. It has no dualities. It is neither good nor bad.

Your atman gets affected because it is unconscious right now.
Atman is formless and it is a part of ParamAtman. The bad karma gets attached to your atman or you can say that it absorbs the bad impressions. After death, your atman tries to merge with its source, the paramatman, but it fails to merge. So it enters the world of maya. Paramatman/ parabrahman is Sat (existence) , chit (Higher consciousness) and ananda (peaceful, without any dualities) but when our atman enters this world the maya (Illusion, unreal) affect it and it loses Chit and ananda. You can say that your brain takes the front seat and throws your atman in the backseat. When you realise your atman it regains Chit and ananda and your atman becomes paramatman. Thats why an enlightened sage in upanishads says "Aham brahmasmi".

Meaning: I am brahman (God).
>>
>>17992476
Its a universal law and guideline so yeah karma is real my friend, do onto othera as ypu wpuld want done to you be of service to others balance that karma, love and light.
>>
>>17994982
> the dharma of the soul is eternal knowledge/awareness

eternal knowledge or eternal awareness aren't observable anywhere in my experience. Is it observable in yours?

>The symptom of the soul observable in the material realm is awareness.

If all that is observable of the atman is awareness, which is ever in flux and only predicated on our senses and their objects, what justification do we have to extrapolate an eternal self based on our awareness?
>>
File: boomerang.gif (12KB, 599x340px) Image search: [Google]
boomerang.gif
12KB, 599x340px
>>17992476
>>
File: 14698743674981.jpg (3MB, 2448x2838px) Image search: [Google]
14698743674981.jpg
3MB, 2448x2838px
>>17992476
Karma means doing.
You ask: What do you do in order to do better.
My answer: Do good.

What does good mean?
This depends on aim.

Suicide when unclear is certainly bad.
Suicide when clear is neccesary for good karma.
>>
>>17993772
Probably why you're poor if you're a self-proclaimed asshole. What you put into the world it gives back to you, hate only breeds more hate.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.